Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:53 AM

'Student' Cars - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 'Student' Cars (5215 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Student' Cars by xpensiv: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2008
Hey, seen alot of cars here yeah kudos to u all wink, Autos is moving on really fast,
Ma point here is that we need you guys to give we students the opportunity to not just admire but also own cars!!
So here's a place to post cars average students can afford smiley, Inspired and viper men, jenju , etc we are hopin on you guys for this thread to be, grin
Re: 'Student' Cars by xpensiv: 9:35am On Aug 12, 2008
Babafoto and siena baba, also hoping you guys do somethin good for us, smiley
Tobaaro pls dont post your site here angry
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2008
Yeah , this is true. we want something that we the students(Baby in the house) can afford.
Re: 'Student' Cars by promise72(m): 5:03am On Aug 13, 2008
@ poster,(Xpensiv, Lexicon etc

The question to you is : What is a student budget? You might want to consider buying naija used. He's why. I live here in California. Was at a shipper last week and they told me that a Container to Cotonou is about $8,000 and Lagos about $7,060.

If you get a cotonou car. it will be 4 per container which makes shipping about $2k each. You will pay around N150k - N180 to get it across to Lagos. So total is about N386,000 each just to ship the cars.

So remember the cost of purchase is not included and the the almighty PROFIT.

At least that is the whole purpose. So for you to get a car under 1million it will be a tough fight. Some of the cars may not all come with clean CARFAX. Most likely it will be from auction

One thing about auction is that not all cars at auction are wrecked. You get perfect cars all the time or with slight fixable damage. Nothing that can affect the functunality of the car. However some people will cry  cry CARFAX no clean. yari yari yara  cheesy

Example of lets say 1992-1996 Camry (Orobo) will be landing not less that 800-900k. remember almost half of the cost is shipping and clearing. If you offer lets say Honda Allah around 750k  people will start complaining say its too old.

So that why its better to sell something newer because shipping/clearing will still be same. If you want to ship a single car in a container that suppose to hold 4 cars the choice is yours. The shipping company will be glad to take $8,00 of your money. grin

Sunny/Sentra/primera will be almost out of the question. im talking 1995 or older. So its still a business decision at the end of the day.

Lagos cleared car CAN'T even sell below 1 million for the most part.

Let me make something clear though, shipping open (RORO) without a container is slightly cheaper (Not dramatically though) but you will have to ship from East coast . (Baltimore, New York, New Jersey, Florida).
May be Inspire or Jenju can tell us how much average from sedan/saloon cars.

However used cars around 1996 or older are much cleaner coming from the West Coast or Texas area.

So don't forget to answer my question. What is a student budget? You are there please let me know. what will you and your friends consider fair for a used car that can land you that toto from that girl  wink?
Re: 'Student' Cars by Dududavies: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2008
Promise 72, that last paragraph was totally unnecessary. U put ur point across perfectly and cleverly and most enlightened bout the workings of oversea car purchase and transportation but u lost me at that last paragraph.
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2008
promise72:

So don't forget to answer my question. What is a student budget? You are there please let me know. what will you and your friends consider fair for a used car that can land you that toto from that girl wink?

lol

as 4 me, my budjet is arround N550,000- N600,000
Re: 'Student' Cars by tobaaro(m): 6:31am On Aug 16, 2008
Check www. 9jcars. . com for "Student Cars" as well
Re: 'Student' Cars by MrCrackles(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2008
keke marwa!
Re: 'Student' Cars by tobaaro(m): 11:16am On Aug 16, 2008
Wat exactly is a student price if i may ask??
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2008
Brash!:

keke marwa!

NA OKADA ! LOL
Re: 'Student' Cars by Larrynbm: 2:22am On Aug 17, 2008
can u get me this car

Re: 'Student' Cars by gasbi2: 8:33am On Aug 17, 2008
promise 72,baba talk any how.not all jokes are laughable.this is business be more realistic.the last paragrah shows how porouse you are at heart.i wouldnt be suprise if at your mother funeral,her lieing in state you open your big mouth to say see this big YASH at her lifeless body.after all joke na joke grin
Re: 'Student' Cars by promise72(m): 10:40am On Aug 17, 2008
@ gabsi2,

First of all. i don't know you. i don't really think i want to. What does my mom has to do with this? please im begging you to be respectful. you are about to have a major  trouble on your hand.

If you don't respect your mom at home that your business. here i respect my parents tremedously. This is a car forum.

Is it far fetched for a university student to want to buy a car and think of oppressing a babe? Any normal living young person will think of it. Ive been a student before and if you have a car its a bonus.

Once aain, don't you ever mention my mom again! ever. Otherwise i will make it a life mission of mine to track you down. Dont care if it takes a lifetime. I will surprise you when you least expect. My blood is so boiling typing this.

My response is not directed to you. You were suppose to read and move on. Dont ever bring my Mom into this again. Consider this a warning. You wont be this lucky again if it happens again.
Re: 'Student' Cars by Roscodaddy(m): 11:28am On Aug 17, 2008
Student car for sale,bmw 3 series manual engine in good shape,ac and all that just #200k last,interested,please send an to ebinabena2001@yahoo.com,car available for inspection @ ikeja.

Re: 'Student' Cars by Roscodaddy(m): 11:50am On Aug 17, 2008
more

Re: 'Student' Cars by Busybody2(f): 12:19am On Aug 18, 2008
Dududavies:

Promise 72, that last paragraph was totally unnecessary. You put your point across perfectly and cleverly and most enlightened bout the workings of oversea car purchase and transportation but u lost me at that last paragraph.

Did you not see the wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink in the last paragraph?
Re: 'Student' Cars by promise72(m): 3:20am On Aug 18, 2008
standing by my post. No shaking. Take whatever is useful to you and leave the rest. No be by tulas.
Re: 'Student' Cars by santavista: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
what is all d insult about sef?

Dududavies replied more sensibly to Promise72's post but not Gasbi2.

What is unheard off in Promise's post? We should stop behaving like babies. Most of us passed thru the Nigerian University system and you and I will concur that his phrase is honestly true in most cases.

It is a laughable and waivable one and not enough to warant insults such as Mother's funeral and all that nonsense bullshit.

Guy i bother less about the paragraph. I learnt new stuff frm your explanatory post.
Re: 'Student' Cars by obalions(m): 2:51pm On Aug 18, 2008
xpensiv,
What sort of car do u have on mind?
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 2:59pm On Aug 18, 2008
i could have bid for the BMW but i was told its not fuel economical ! @Promise72 dont mind the insults, Just keep ur head straight and ur business tight. Sky is ur starting point
Re: 'Student' Cars by xpensiv: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
well cars like golf3, mazda 626, honda halla, primera,, smiley,
tht are goin for considerable prices wink
Re: 'Student' Cars by Roscodaddy(m): 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
lexicon:

i could have bid for the BMW but i was told its not fuel economical ! @Promise72 don't mind the insults, Just keep your head straight and your business tight. Sky is your starting point

Lexicon,Bmw cars dont use much fuel as we are all made to believe ohh ohh.
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 6:53pm On Aug 18, 2008
@Roscodaddy . How much do u want to drop the car 4 mi last. talk and lets make a deal.
Re: 'Student' Cars by promise72(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2008
To Lexicon and other student,

My advise will be this. If i were a student or a young blood on the come up. This is my advise. I will stay with anything Japanese make before i venture on anything else.

DONT GET ME WRONG. BMW, BENZ, GOLF ETC are ok. However, when it comes to fuel consumption, repairs etc there no competition for the likes of Honda allah, corolla, civic etc.

For my $$$ i will drive a Honda Allah every day before i consider something like a BENZ 190 or the like. The fuel consumption and repair cost is always easy on the wallet on japanese cars. All day. Everyday!

I know there people out there that will swear by European cars, I am not here to dispute that. However operating cost for a 190/323/ Golf/Audi 80 will be higher than a Bullet/Civic/ Corolla. EVERYDAY!

Just my 2 cents and opinion. I dont want nobody insulting me for this. If you have your opinion, please post it.
Re: 'Student' Cars by Roscodaddy(m): 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2008
Lexicon buzz me for chat or call me on 7756351
Re: 'Student' Cars by lexicon(m): 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2008
Roscodaddy:

Lexicon buzz me for chat or call me on 7756351

Ok sir. i will buzz or call you 2moro
Re: 'Student' Cars by Roscodaddy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 21, 2008
Roscodaddy:

Student car for sale,bmw 3 series manual engine in good shape,ac and all that just #200k last,interested,please send an to ebinabena2001@yahoo.com,car available for inspection @ ikeja.

SOLD SOLD SOLD .[url=http://Thanks Nairaland,a land of opportunities.]Thanks Nairaland,a land of opportunities.[/url]
Re: 'Student' Cars by lomaxbien(m): 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2008
hey GUYZ I GAT A NON NIGERIAN USED MAZDA 626 2000 MODEL FOR SALE,GREEN EXTERIOR AND CREAM COLOURED INTERIOR MILEAGE IS 89,000 (THATS A GOOD AS BRAND NEW). ITS FUEL CONSUMPTION IS VERY LOW.
I JUST HAD IT SHIPPED FROM AMERICA , U CANT GO WRONG BUYING THIS BABY,EVERYTHING IN IT IS IN A PERFECT STATE.
ASKING PRICE IS 1.2M (NEGOTIABLE) WITH REGISTRATION.
INTERESTED BUYERS CAN CONTACT ME ON 08076989585, FRANCIS655@YAHOO.COM

Re: 'Student' Cars by czartwist: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2008
Re: 'Student' Cars by czartwist: 10:58am On Sep 12, 2008
Re: 'Student' Cars by sonety2k(m): 11:27pm On Sep 13, 2008
I  have  4 unit of GOLF 3  for sale , would  post the picture later , the cars  are presently in Japan ,
if  you  are  intrested to buy the four then get in touch  with  me special price  for all of them ,

EACH GO FOR 750,000 naira ~ 780,000 Naira ex Lagos via Cotonou

GOLF 3

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

ALLOW WHEELS

POWER STEERING 

FACTORY  A/C

CD    PLAYER  , lots more
Re: 'Student' Cars by igwe11(m): 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2008
sonety2k:

I  have  4 unit of GOLF 3  for sale , would  post the picture later , the cars  are presently in Japan ,
if  you  are  intrested to buy the four then get in touch  with  me special price  for all of them ,

EACH GO FOR 750,000 naira ~ 780,000 Naira ex Lagos via Cotonou

GOLF 3

AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION

ALLOW WHEELS

POWER STEERING 

FACTORY  A/C

CD    PLAYER  , lots more

can you get this car for me and how much?
pics and specs please!!  check here
e-mail aguarinze@yahoo.co.uk

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Blue 2003 Toyota Camry Xle Executive Model / Tokunbo 2006 Toyota Corolla Accident Free Vey Clean LAGOS CLEAR. / 1987 Volvo 740 GLE Going For N450,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.