Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man (6090 Views)

The Ten Biggest Mistakes Women Make In A Relationship. / Mistakes Women Make When Their Guys Cheat On Them / 10 Mistakes Women Make With Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Viktor(m): 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2005
The mistakes that most females do

It all starts with the fact that most ladies are looking for a handsome guy not a guy with a handsome personality. They mistake men trying to impress them with being romantic. They want a rich guy (which is good) but fall for a rich guy who treat ladies like toilet paper.They all want a guy of their dreams forgetting that we are in the real world and in this world you need to filter your dreams to see if it's really worth dying for and lastly (this is an advice) watch out for the guys who start calling you pet names virtually a week into the relationship.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Farriel(m): 4:52pm On Sep 03, 2005
Hmm, quite interesting. But I've got a question Viktor, what are views about this whole thing called romance? You sound anti-male to me. Anyway, I'm sure the broads would be happy for you.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by vexxy(f): 4:56pm On Sep 03, 2005
Hum. . . my friend and I are nodding our heads in agreement with majority of the things you've said.  But there's one problem: why must men lead women on; making them to believe that they are someone that they are not?
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by digitalove(m): 7:40pm On Sep 03, 2005
Well spoken vexxy.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by abuguy64(m): 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2005
Hmm..Vexxy and friend,when a guy wants to get into a ladies panties,He is gonna do all he can to get there. This includes pretending to be who he is not,borrowing clothes,cars and even house to impress the lady(ies).Which takes us back to the earlier comments by Viktor. Ladies who want to be thrown off their feet,may end up being decieved by the experienced cassanova-so the advice to ladies" Beware of the smooth operator". Yes,there are some nice guys out there,but please dont get caaried away by supercial things,learn to dig and look deeper!
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by vexxy(f): 8:24pm On Sep 03, 2005
It's a lose-lose situation.

Men pretend to be Casanova's to get to women: They succeed.

Men pretend to be "nice guys" to get to women: They succeed.

Men pretend to be "bad boys" to get women: They succeed.

What is so hard about being who you are?
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by hotangel2(f): 8:28pm On Sep 03, 2005
I am with vexxy.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Seun(m): 9:11pm On Sep 03, 2005
Men pretend to be Casanova's to get to women: They succeed.
Men pretend to be rich and successful and have other female admirers. After many attempts, they might eventually succeed.

Men pretend to be "nice guys" to get to women: They succeed.
Nice guys don't get to women. Rich and successful cassanovas pretend to be also caring and they usually succeed!

Men pretend to be "bad boys" to get women: They succeed.
When a nice guy pretends to be a bad boy to get a woman, this is a win-win situation. Nice man gets nice woman who would have fallen for a "bad boy" and they live happily ever after. or the rest of their lives, each time she needs a little more "bad boy", from him he gives it to her!

What is so hard about being who you are?
You get rejected by several women and then you get smarter. Women reward those who pretend to be what they are not by paying them attention, so the men go right ahead and do what works!
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by vexxy(f): 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2005
Understood, but:

Getting rejected by someone who doesn't deserve you because they can't see your true worth

or

Getting rejected by being someone you are pretending to be

or

Getting accepted by pretending to be someone you are not, having to live out that lie, when your true self comes out you get rejected.

The last two sound like to much work. tongue
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Greatpeter(m): 10:21pm On Sep 03, 2005
The problem ladies have is that they abandon the guy that really loves and cares and go for "gold"
the gold I refer to here are: The physique of the guy.
The handsomeness of the guy.
Then they go for money.

I was in relationship before and I really loved this lady, I mean I fell for her "patapata"
But I never got anything then sha! but I was in love.
So she met this army officer and got her pregnant and dumped me.
The army officer later dumped her and marry another lady.

After her issue she was now looking for me.
At last we met but I didn't have time for second hand lady.
Though I told her we could be best of friends but relationship wise it's blown up.
She begged but i refused even though I wasn't in a relationship.

Last August she gave me a call that she put to bed( to another man of course)i was there live to give gift to her baby.
See what this lady missed. he lost a gold and found pebbles sorry to say. I'm proud but she missed it all.
Ladies understand us and watch closely whether we are what we potend.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by vexxy(f): 10:26pm On Sep 03, 2005
I'm sorry, GP undecided

But you are very right.  Do not be blinded by what men or anyone for that matter puts before you.  Always watch carefully who it is that's around you.  Pay attention to what they do and how they behave, it speaks louder than what they have to say.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Greatpeter(m): 11:02pm On Sep 03, 2005
Vexxy thanks for that.

We need more contribution.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by layi(m): 12:14pm On Sep 04, 2005
I aint gonna wear the toga of another man's personality to impress any lady. I came to this world with mine. A hat made with intelligence, a cloak of Self confidence and an honest shoe. I think i look good in them. Any lady who wouldnt accept me that way aint worth having me in the first place.
I think its easier beign urself than beign som1else. Why should i date a woman who doesnt love my real person. I believe ther's sum1 out there who is better than her and would appreciate me.
"When u win a lady by pretending, U've just let urself down. U will not forgive U for not beign U"
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Greatpeter(m): 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2005
Layi always spun surprises when when you least expected.

Brilliant one there Layi.

But most times these ladies pretend to love you.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by layi(m): 12:25pm On Sep 04, 2005
It a loose loose situation. Even if u pretend and she loves u genuinely. She actually is in love with ur "frontin" not U.
1 thing about pretence. Its ephemaral. U cant live ur whole life beign sum1 else. U'll return back to beign U someday. Save urself the probs that will come up then.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Greatpeter(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2005
Ok now.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by vexxy(f): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2005
Very well said, Layi. cheesy
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Banderas(m): 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2005
I think there is no way out of this one.

If women didn't go for men who posed, no guy would pose (prolly the reason why most men over 28 stop posing)
We all have things that we can't live without, both guys and girls. Some women can't bear a guy who's shorter than she is. Some men can't handle a woman who's not attractive. It's all about expectations, and meeting these expectations.

A friend of mine once told me that before he goes into any relationship, he asks himself what is expected of him in the relationship, and draws a parallel between that and what he has to offer. Anything else would be absolute folly.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Viktor(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2005
This is for Farriel.I havent got anything against guys hey!!!!!!!!!! am of the same kind but i also have to let them ladies know these things and i think i have to say this to you guys too,Keep ur head str8 cos it's a 2 way thing guys can also get the other side of a lady and vice-versa.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by angelak(f): 11:25am On Sep 05, 2005
cool
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by layi(m): 11:35am On Sep 05, 2005
No 'ppl' were meant to be.Several people are qualified to be your spouse. God didnt create us in pairs. He just made males and females. Afterall the # of males in this world aint equal to the # of females.

Its just a mere coincidence or better still tell your parents bout it. If they've got no answers. Just go ahead with your 'serious' relationship. I had 2 friends in primary school who were like enemies to each other and they both had the same first name and last name. It really doesnt matter.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by goodguy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2005
I happen to be a carbon copy of his late mother

This is strange really...Did he show u pictures of his mother? But then, it's been said that God created us in two's (I don't know how true it is). There was this passport sized photograph i saw in my house one day...it was an old one (black and white pic to be precise) and the person in the picture looked exactly like one of my seniors in secondary school then. I mean the resemblance was just too extreme.
So I don't know if yours is a mere coincidence of resemblance or there really is something to your "serious" relationship.

Also i bear the first and second name of his mother (Both home and official name) and her last name is the name of my village.
You bear the first and second name of his mother and her last name is the name of your village....Really it's strange. I think you should follow Layi's advice and ask your parents about it.
But then, here are some strange facts to note...

1. You happen to be a carbon copy of his late mother.
2. You bear the first and second name of his mother (Both home and official name)
3. Her last name is the name of your village.

GO AND ASK YOUR PARENTS OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Or are you a reincarnate of his mother? rolleyes
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by hotangel2(f): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2005
Angela please don't scare me. Or is your name Yetunde?
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Farriel(m): 1:37pm On Sep 05, 2005
Yes Viktor, you're very correct. But you see, how many of these girlz are really who they say they are? It's a primal part of the homo sapiens. The Art of Deception.

Most people go through lives without ever knowing who they really are. This is because we have multiple personalities for everywhere we think the flavour is. Layers and layers of personalities yet undiscovered.

Its natural for guys to do these things, because its what's going to get them through with the ladies, see? It's merely got to be toned down, at least to an extent you can cope with.

I know coupla guys who are married to girls and right now, these girls are in love with these guys. Right now these girls know the truth about most of these guys. But it's hugely apparent that these relationships would never had kickstarted if the guys had come clean about themselves from the onset. So, go figure for yourselves if its right or wrong.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by great22(f): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2005
Life is in phases and men are in sizes
Life is also a mirror, you get back what you put in it.
Meaning that in most cases if not all thw women who get into relationships with these 'guys' do so because its what they want. They dont look out for the real thing but shadows as the real thing might be clothed in 'rags'
This calls for WISDOM... it is the principal thing.. Ladies in the house... you would know it inside you if its right or wrong
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by twinkledew(f): 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2005
(this is an advice) watch out for the guys who start calling you pet names virtually a week into the relationship.

What do u mean? cld u pls Elaborate. tah.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Rhodalyn(f): 10:21pm On Mar 18, 2006
all these makes the world a more romantic place to live in
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by sammyjl(f): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2006
wink We all imperfect. We came into this world to find and love an imperfect person perfectly.

Be yourselves and see the real deed being done.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by haywhy(m): 10:23pm On Apr 23, 2007
May God help us all.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Damy(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2007
[center]No one is perfect,
but with the little expirence we have due to thing that happens around us.
i think we need to take things easy cos of our future.[/center]
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by Damy(m): 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2007
haywhy:

May God help us all.
Re: Mistakes Women Make When Choosing a Man by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2007
no one's wrong or right, the both parties carry blames of their own. period cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Her Bf That Exposed Her nude Pix Asked Her To Marry Him / Fine Boys Never Lack / MY Experience With A Yoruba(demon)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.