Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1237057 members, 1646929 topics. Date: Monday, 21 April 2014 at 03:04 AM

Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) (85435 Views)

Ivory Coast Vs Nigeria: CHAN Qualifier - (2 - 0) On 27th July 2013 / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Mexico:U-20 Women's World Cup Quarter-Final (1 - 0) FULL TIME! (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (76) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Havilah93(m): 8:06pm On Jan 20
Nigeria face Morocco, who topped thier group after Monday's round of Matches.

SuperSport

Iajour Mouhssine came off the bench to score a decisive goal which put Morocco through to the quarterfinals of the CAF African Nations Championships with their 3-1 defeat over Uganda at Cape Town Stadium on Monday evening.
The Moroccans were staring elimination in the face after Yunus Sentamu cancelled out the North African’s advantage, but the victory means Uganda are eliminated from the tournament due to Zimbabwe’s win.

Morocco now have the great task of stopping a rejuvenated Nigerian side who have settled well into the tournament since losing thier first match 1 - 2 to Mali.

The Super Eagles finished Group A on six points, leap- frogging the South Africans and one point short of Mali, who advanced as the top side with seven points.
Keshi admitted Nigeria were under pressure to get the victory in their last group outing, following a defeat to Mali in their opening game.
“It's all about identifying the mistakes we made in the previous match and trying to correct them in the training sessions,” Keshi said.

The match will be played at the Free State Stadium, Mangaung

Time - 4pm

6 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by litetias(m): 8:12pm On Jan 20
Na dere Morocco problem tek start

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by blueto(m): 8:33pm On Jan 20
moroco is nt gud. I watched their match .SUPER EAGLE all the Way

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by kolamilan(m): 8:39pm On Jan 20
definately eagles will win the match.
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Evestar200(f): 8:43pm On Jan 20
Eagles 3-1 Morocco

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by gbosaa(m): 8:47pm On Jan 20
That is a tricky one.I hope the Eagles consolidate on their brilliant display against mozambique and south africa..
Morocco's two casablanca teams Raja and wydad are good.Raja lost two nil to bayern munich during the world club cup and i think the bulk of the moroccan team wld be from these clubs.
Hope the Super eagles reenact their form against bafana bafana..Their greatest undoing wld be to underestimate the moroccans.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Guykhena(m): 8:48pm On Jan 20
Morocco ko igboo ni. (grin I no be yoruba o,lol,)I dey see people dey do am,make I join

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by gbosaa(m): 8:49pm On Jan 20
blueto: moroco is nt gud. I watched their match .SUPER EAGLE all the Way

A moroccan wld say the same thing if he based his assesment on Nigeria's first match against Mali.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Havilah93(m): 8:50pm On Jan 20
^^

They also almost got knocked out you know?

Morocco's good, but our boys have grown in confidence!

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by CFCfan(m): 8:53pm On Jan 20
Hmm. I see some parallels from this Nigerian team to the French U-17 team of 2001 U-17 world cup. That French team lost it's first game to Nigeria 1-2, but subsequently won their remaining group games by 5-2 and 5-3. They went all the way to the final beating the Nigerians 3-0.

Will the same fate befall the CHAN team?

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by blueto(m): 9:15pm On Jan 20
CFCfan: Hmm. I see some parallels from this Nigerian team to the French U-17 team of 2001 U-17 world cup. That French team lost it's first game to Nigeria 1-2, but subsequently won their remaining group games by 5-2 and 5-3. They went all the way to the final beating the Nigerians 3-0.

. Impossible
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by safarigirl(f): 9:26pm On Jan 20
Well, after 2 draws and a win, I doubt the Moroccans are as strong as many believe. Remember that prior to yesterday's game, we all (majority of us) thought SA's home-based team would smoke us.

Zimbabweans are already talking about finals, they forget that the Malians aren't half as weak as those in their group.

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Emmysteve(m): 9:27pm On Jan 20
CFCfan: Hmm. I see some parallels from this Nigerian team to the French U-17 team of 2001 U-17 world cup. That French team lost it's first game to Nigeria 1-2, but subsequently won their remaining group games by 5-2 and 5-3. They went all the way to the final beating the Nigerians 3-0.

NO.
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Emmysteve(m): 9:29pm On Jan 20
Nigeria will carry the day. Semi finals on my mind. Trophy tinz.

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Emmysteve(m): 9:32pm On Jan 20
If you think Nigeria will beat Morocco the same way we trashed South Africa pls like this post

44 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Emmysteve(m): 9:35pm On Jan 20
If you believe Agbim can still turn out to become the tournament's best keeper like this post.

29 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by blueto(m): 9:36pm On Jan 20
Emmysteve: If you think Nigeria will beat Morocco the same way we trashed South Africa pls like this post
. Abeg, that method don expire. Go and learn the new style grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Syenite(m): 10:16pm On Jan 20
blueto: . Abeg, that method don expire. Go and learn the new style grin grin
grin grin o boy u bad o.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Maxymilliano(m): 11:27pm On Jan 20
Havilah93:
Morocco's good, but our boys have grown in confidence!

With our shabby defense and careless goalkeeper

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Emmysteve(m): 1:38am On Jan 21
blueto: . Abeg, that method don expire. Go and learn the new style grin grin
Choi i don carry last abeg show me the new stlyle tongue
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by ROCK-J(m): 1:59am On Jan 21
God will see us through... our boys should just play the same way we played with South Africa.
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by De-Hero(m): 4:55am On Jan 21
3-0 for Nigeria.

We go manage am...

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Austeenx: 8:40am On Jan 21
Nigeria 1 - 2 Morocco.
For the last time, I'm not Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by nerodenero(m): 9:16am On Jan 21
Maxymilliano:
With our shabby defense and careless goalkeeper
Did you watch the last match? The boys have improved with every passing game. This was the same way Super Eagles at AFCON improved with every game. If they approach the game with the same zeal as that of South Africa, I see them beyond Morocco.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by tonididdy: 2:27pm On Jan 21
Win win win...I now tip these boys for the trophy

Nigeria Mali finals
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by 9jahub.com(m): 2:28pm On Jan 21
e go better
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by ichommy(m): 2:32pm On Jan 21
I can't wait
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by naijainfogalery: 2:32pm On Jan 21
I wonder why you guys are discussing this, we don carry the cup now

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Paroman(m): 2:32pm On Jan 21
blueto: . Impossible
Emmysteve: NO.
seems u guys misunderstood him. He meant he sees Nigeria and Mali meeting at the final and Nigeria coming out on top despite losing
to Mali in the 1st game.

5 Likes

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Soreza: 2:33pm On Jan 21
NIGERIA SHOULD BE CAREFUL O,ATIMES WE DONT HAVE LUCK AGAINST THE NORTH AFRICANS AND THEIR PATTERN OF FOOTBALL,THANK GOD WE DIDNT MEET ANY OF THEM SINCE LAST YR,MY FINGERS ALL CROSS ON THIS ONE

1 Like

Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by Paroman(m): 2:35pm On Jan 21
how come this thread made frontpage today tuesday when the match is on saturday? Op u no try o
Re: Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN Quarter-final - (3 - 4) by alhaji mikehell(m): 2:37pm On Jan 21
Wateva

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (76) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Namibia Vs Nigeria W-C Qualifier: (1 - 1) On 12th June 2013 / Olympics Women's Beach Volley Ball (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.