Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:52 PM

Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! (18141 Views)

Poll: Dream team versus baby elephants. The winner shall most likely be:

Nigeria: 86% (122 votes)
Cote D'ivoire: 13% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Nigeria Vs Cote D' Ivoire (4-5): AFCON U-17 Final *Full Time* CIV Win By PKs / Olympics: Nigeria Basketball Team Qualify For London 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Seun(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2008
Super Eagles dream team IV versus Cote D'ivoire in the quarter finals of the 2008 Beijing Olympics Soccer competition, on Saturday the 16th of August 2008 at 2pm Nigerian time.  Discussion, Predictions, Live Coverage.  The floor is open.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Hannibal: 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nigeria 2-2 Ivory Coast.
Nigeria win 4-2 after penalty shoot-out. cool
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by lexicon(m): 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2008
Super eagle is gonna flog dem hands down with 3 goals to 1 (3-1). hahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by RuuDie(m): 6:45pm On Aug 14, 2008
Not on the strength of that shambolic display against an under-strength, out-numbered American side. . . . . . . I think the CREAM team is out - even if they make it thru, how on earth are they ever g'onna make it past the Brazilians, Argentines, Cameroon, even the Azzurinis. . . .
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by ogagus: 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2008
may they beat Nigeria self, they too they show their self, and I trust the Coast of Ivory. grin
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 14, 2008
I have read here and heard about how good the Ivorian team is, but with their last match against Australia I watched I think they are in the same class Nigeria's team.
Siasia's boys chance against the Junior Elephants is, to me, 50-50. Both team have sharp attackers. The match is going to be explosive but I see the Ivorians going home after the match.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by IMCCN(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2008
RuuDie:

Not on the strength of that shambolic display against an under-strength, out-numbered American side. . . . . . . I think the CREAM team is out - even if they make it through, how on earth are they ever g'onna make it past the Brazilians, Argentines, Cameroon, even the Azzurinis. . . .

on the contrary, our team will sit up as a result of that match to ride over the Ivoriens. Scores? i like to play safe there, but[b] we will win[/b] [ hee, have i written a poem by default!]
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by RuuDie(m): 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2008
No matter how many "sit ups" those boys do or how many "drawing boards" SiaSia uses to skool them. . . . those boys cannot play better that that! The level of football i have seen from the USA and Italy surpassed that displayed by our Wingless Eagles. . . . so how we go take survive the bigger guns in youth football
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by nazzyon(m): 7:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
After seeing the performance of the Dream Team IV and the CIV Elephants; it is obvious that we are the weaker side this time. around.

We have young skillful players in the squad but we have to improve our pattern of play.

It is simple. If we mess up, We will be ejected from the Olympic.

Ivory Coast's players are better.

I am just praying for a miracle to happen.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by donpapa(m): 7:21pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nigeria will definitely win
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by SamMilla1(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2008
I forsee a tough game but our boys will triumph at the end .
The eagles.
Then Brazil will flog them next.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 14, 2008
RuuDie:

N[b]ot on the strength of that shambolic display against an under-strength, out-numbered American side.[/b] . . . . . . I think the CREAM team is out - even if they make it through, how on earth are they ever g'onna make it past the Brazilians, Argentines, Cameroon, even the Azzurinis. . . .

I have heard and read this over and over again, but it is to me NON-SENSE. What else do you want to happen? They completely dominated the game for the better part of the match. They scored two goals. If you ask me, apart from the under-17 guys display in Korea, that match was the most interesting match ever played by any Nigerian national team(including Super Eagles' matches) in the last two years. The guys showed Nigeria's trade-mark attacking football last seen during the Classes of 94 and 96, but were unlucky to score goals.

Playing against a 10-man team is very difficult as Mourinho himself once said. 10-man Ghana sent eagles packing in ANC 2008 just as 10-man Senegal did in 2002. 10-man Cameroon drew with Italy in this tournament.

Scoring two goals, the guys deserve commendation as the Americans had to be defending, aiming to push 0-0 till half-time, restrategise during break, and come out frustrating our boys in the second half.thankfully,taht did not work. A draw would have put USA thru regardless of the outcome of Japan-Holland match.

Granted that our attacker fluffed so many scoring chances, I believe breaking the about-6-man American defence to put in two goals was no small task.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Betty605: 8:21pm On Aug 14, 2008
SAM MILLA:

I forsee a tough game but our boys will triumph at the end .
The eagles.
Then Brazil will flog them next.
was about to say that (u beat me to it).
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by gabelogan(m): 8:23pm On Aug 14, 2008
the game is too close to call but i'm hoping nigeria wins.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by nguage(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2008
Oga moderator, why do you have to make another thread when we already have the general one that everyone posts in? If any other person made this thread, it will get merged into the original one, I request the same for this.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by diggler(m): 8:53pm On Aug 14, 2008
Nigeria vs CIV, too close to call
But from a patriotic stand point we'll scale it.

Forget all d talk about brazil, they've had it creamy and easy so far.
Y'all should be scared of Argentina or Italy even cameroun plus they oranje r still hangin in there (now, these guys like us have been playing top notch opposition since tourney started)

Our performance hasnt been superlative but it's not totally wack.
Instead i feel our opposition wuz tough.

Siasia is a great team driver & also his tactical abilities r competent enuf
Plus his team can at least keep to d basics

so my final analysis is, he'll read d game properly and with providence we'll drown d friggin elephants KALOU & all.

UP SIASIA

ps. Anichebe needs 2 start so he can throw his 6'4'' 200 pound frame around their 18 yard box.
u know dem suckas like to keep stuff physical.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by tommyex(m): 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2008
Just to inform us.

I checked the time and i think its 2pm 9ja time,but i ll confirm that again+ we play Italy/cameroon if we win

I feel we will win,the two teams have good strikers, but all that gra gra will end when we meet,the sia sia factor will come in with our boys and the more composed team will win.

We have a beta defence anyway,lets jus pray cos it could go anyway
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by tommyex(m): 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2008
I hav confirmed
2pm 9ja time
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by mukina2: 9:40pm On Aug 14, 2008
CIV wins cool
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by folahann(m): 10:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
Mukina get out!

I have to admit that I'm a bit afraid but i think dream team will do the work
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by bisoyeg(m): 10:30pm On Aug 14, 2008
I must confess, the last match of Nigeria vs Usa was so annoying. I was so upset wit the game if you know what I mean 10 against 9 , 20 goal shot target only 2 in the net so bad . Nigerians wins with lucks ! Professionals and old players you can see how they are playing like kids under 15 players. Face 2 face wit keeper we couldn't score. Well, Honest am going to say the truth about the Nigerian and Ivorian match. It's not going to be easy, Hopefully penalty or they Win's . Our last match made me say this,

Peace
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by allboyz(m): 11:14pm On Aug 14, 2008
we are winning,
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by DeepZone: 11:32pm On Aug 14, 2008
cote d'ivoire go everly win now.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by neduogu(m): 11:39pm On Aug 14, 2008
i fell this is our own time to redeem our image back considering what they did to us in the nations cup
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by mukina2: 12:18am On Aug 15, 2008
folahann:

Mukina get out!

I have to admit that I'm a bit afraid but i think dream team will do the work

why must i?

Re: Nigeria Vs. Cote D'ivoire In 2008 Olympics

Cote D'ivoire wins same goal by Kalou cool
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by Nobody: 1:03am On Aug 15, 2008
No team is above mistake! All I know be say we go win!

Nigeria 3 - Ivory Coast 0

GBABESKI!!! I'm patriotic to the core! 100%NAIJA!!!
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by alex406(m): 1:30am On Aug 15, 2008
We will trance them biggerly.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by nila07: 4:40am On Aug 15, 2008
Cote-d'ivoire 2 Nigeria 1
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by zylkenny(m): 5:58am On Aug 15, 2008
What`s up with y`all unpatriotic females?Mukina2 and nila07 take time oh!
But to be honest oh, afraid dey catch me shaa!Naija boys dey mess up.But God dey,they go win am even if ivorians play better wink
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by philips975(m): 5:59am On Aug 15, 2008
Could anyone tell me any online TV to watch the match.
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by topup: 6:01am On Aug 15, 2008
Sorry to be all 'girly' about this, but I'm just going to say randomly that Cote d'ivoire will win 2 - 1 ,

This is a complete guess. I hope I'm wrong, but Nigeria just seems to keep losing! It sucks! Surely we're not that bad, is it really because of lack of equipment and training? With this training and equipment, would we be significantly better?
Re: Nigeria (2) Vs. Cote D'ivoire (0) In 2008 Olympics: Nigeria Wins! by topup: 6:02am On Aug 15, 2008
philips975:

Could anyone tell me any online TV to watch the match.

Maybe BBC iplayer? Just a guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

It’s Time To Leave - Nigerians Urge Osimhen To Quit Napoli / Illusionist Ilan Smith Predicted The World Cup Finals Score, Scorer And The Time / EndSARS: Oshoala Complains About Attempts To Hack Her Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.