Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! (1622 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Ben Bruce, Peter Odili And Others At Wike's ThanksGiving / Where Is DPR? Retropark On Peter Odili Is Selling At N180 / Peter Odili Is A Thief: The Efcc Report That Nailed Him! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by deor03(m): 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2008
I turned on my TV now to see the Celebration of a colossal failure at 60.

Trust, there are several speakers comparing him to the greats of Africa.
If you were born today, you would have thought, he is Mandela's role model.
I was so annoyed that i had to mute the TV, because i felt insulted and deceived.

Instead of MEND disturbing Julius Berger or the expatriates in Niger delta, they had better face those that carried out the under development of the region.
This was a governor that finance was NOT a constraint for him. The biggest problem was how to spend the allocation from the Federal government.

The fool has not returned to Rivers State ( Dust-bin City ) since he left power, i wonder what kind of Legacy that is.

Anyway, They say a fool at 40 is a fool forever. HE is now 60, i wish him more foolish years ahead angry angry angry angry
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by Mustay(m): 12:16pm On Aug 15, 2008
deor03:

Anyway, They say a fool at 40 is a fool forever. HE is now 60, i wish him more foolish years ahead angry angry angry angry
I would rather wish him wise years ahead so he doesn't do 'foolish' things that'll harm Naija
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by ow11(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2008
of course, shameless Nigerians will applaud him so they can have a share of his booty angry
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by texazzpete(m): 2:22pm On Aug 15, 2008
deor03:

Instead of MEND disturbing Julius Berger or the expatriates in Niger delta, they had better face those that carried out the under development of the region.
This was a governor that finance was NOT a constraint for him. The biggest problem was how to spend the allocation from the Federal government.

For MEND et al, it's all about the money. . .
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by dudubobo1: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
One of my friends just called me from Germany to tell me about this celebration of thievery. He was absolutely livid as he told me about the waste of funds.

It's a shame that Nigerains dont go to such gatherings to protest about the waste of funds which were embezzled.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by ow11(m): 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2008
A sycophant has written a piece attesting to Odili's 'good' governance.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/opinion/2008/aug/14/opinion-14-08-2008-002.htm

why won't papers stop this nonsense. The writeup is filled with bullsh**t

why won't MEND blow up that hall where that party is taking place? If it is to kidnap frightened oyibo, they will do it. MEND prove you are fighting for ND and attack our brothers that are sabotaging the region!
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by MrCrackles(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2008
thunder and amadioha fire odili yansh! embarassed
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by dudubobo1: 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2008
It will be nice for anyone who's sensibilities have been offended to write to the following to find out how much Maximus Mba was paid in order to sing the praises of Odili.

editor@sunnewsonline.com
mikeawoyinfa@sunnewsonline.com
dimgba@sunnewsonline.com
tony@sunnewsonline.com

Telephone : 015875560, 5875561, 5875562, 5875564.
Mobile Phone: 08033750255
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by SkyBlue1: 2:58pm On Aug 15, 2008
When wrong cannot be condemned in public what message is being sent to citizens of the country both at home and abroad? Embezzle, mismanage, but share some and you will be celebrated? @ow11 at the end of the day you have to give credit to the skill required by the writer of the article you posted a link to, the writer was able to reiterate the greatness of the man called Peter Odili without ever actually stating in any substantiated way why such a character was great, that is one thing that i find irritating about a wide section of the Nigerian press - the lack of subtlety and finnesse to successfully sell cheap and worthless propaganda when they want to. 'Peter Odili is great, Peter Odili is great' without actually being able to point a finger at any solid and substantial achievement being made under that governorship.

Well, i am irritated sure but far from surprised at the public celebration of such a figure when we consider that we speak of a nation whereby integrity and credibility is being sold nationwide at an alrming rate for a plate of rice and wrong doing or bad governance cannot be condemned but celebrated, what else do you expect?
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by ow11(m): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2008
A quick email to the sunnews team will be done by me but I doubt if it will be replied to or even properly read.

@skyblue

That Maximus Uba who is probably looking to seal a job or contract through Odili's influence had d audacity to write about security left me speechless. Any body who lives in PH knows Odili was probably the originator of violence in the state. Even if I am to assume he had no role,he certainly did nothing to solve that problem.

Mounting the saddle of office as Executive Governor of Rivers State in 1999, Dr. Odili took advantage of these rich sources of wealth of experience such that by the end of his tenure in 2007, those who knew the State in 1998 were amazed that such feat could be achieved in one single administration. At the last count remarked several analysts, several roads, water projects, flyovers, quality health and education programmes, reinvigorated higher education, across the land, infrastructures like quality roads, and most importantly the badly needed security were some of his modest achievements. That is not all. Things like tourism, and unhindered and enabling environment to encourage private sector participation and involvement were given a boost by Odili.

Looking at this quote makes me sick to my stomach.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by wiseguy(m): 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2008
The writer of that article is from Mbaise, Imo state. The home of Odili's wife. So, the maximus Uba is odili's inlaw.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by Mustay(m): 8:00pm On Aug 15, 2008
Mike will surely read your mail even if he doesn't respond.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2008
How u take know, are you mike?
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by lucabrasi(m): 11:53pm On Aug 15, 2008
i saw it on ait intern as well and i was genuinely shocked at the amount of accolades,ill have thought someone like him will have gone low keyed and maybe concentrate more on charitable stuffs,but they treated him like mandela and he was even proud enough to read a silly n stupid speech,i just pity his children, thats all im sayn unless they stat to do some restitution n heir family's behalf
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by ifyalways(f): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2008
Its not a new thing.It seems its in our culture to celebrate thiefs  undecided sad
Pity.i wish the celebrant more years,He MUST live to reap from his works,good or bad.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by otokx(m): 10:42am On Aug 16, 2008
I hear odili has a major stake in AIT
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by obandy: 8:30pm On Aug 16, 2008
My surprise emanated from the fact that the same senators that came on a legislative inspection a few months ago and where asking what ODILLI did with the 8 years allocation given to him by F.G. where the same people shawering praises on him yesterday.
GOD PUNISH ALL OF THEM FOR THE COMMON MAN.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by DisGuy: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2008
otokx:

I hear odili has a major stake in AIT

no wonder!
but why aren't other (private) media houses berating him and his associate?
seems even the so called opposition enjoy a party or two with these thieves!

dudu-bobo:

One of my friends just called me from Germany to tell me about this celebration of thievery. He was absolutely livid as he told me about the waste of funds.

It's a shame that Nigerains don't go to such gatherings to protest about the waste of funds which were embezzled.
you wan die? do you know policemen in nigeria get a promotion each time they kill a 'suspect' wink
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by dudubobo1: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2008
Dis Guy:

no wonder!
but why aren't other (private) media houses berating him and his associate?
seems even the so called opposition enjoy a party or two with these thieves!
you wan die? do you know policemen in nigeria get a promotion each time they kill a 'suspect' wink

If there is real suffering in Nigeria, the people will not mind being killed/sacrificed to make the Nation better. The nations enjoying now did not get there without some people making sacrifices
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by lucabrasi(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2008
dont dump this on ait,they are a private business and the man has bent over backwards to make the station unbiased in reporting,the fact that these politicians come with money for airtime doesnt mean odili has a stake in ait, how much did any of us here make in donations when the man was almost going under years back??he is running a business and if ibb or abacha s family offer money for airtime tmorro,its their constitutional right of free expression and he ll collect their money
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by palmwine(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
In Nigeria some people have to the economy into their own private company.

Dont be shocked by our Senators behaviour.The SENATE is filled with filt.
They stood by Iyabo Obasanjo, gagged that police man who wanted to point to 419 senators.

Now they are singing Odili's praise! YAK!!

God help Nigeria.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by angel101(f): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2008
lucabrasi:

don't dump this on ait,they are a private business and the man has bent over backwards to make the station unbiased in reporting,the fact that these politicians come with money for airtime doesnt mean odili has a stake in ait, [b]how much did any of us here make in donations when the man was almost going under years back??[/b]he is running a business and if ibb or abacha s family offer money for airtime tmorro,its their constitutional right of free expression and he ll collect their money

If he's running a biz he shld by all means go ahead and run it. suggesting that anyone donates to his biz is nothing short of ludicrous! how many ppl have donated to ur biz? I know no one has donated to mine.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by lucabrasi(m): 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
angel101:

If he's running a biz he shld by all means go ahead and run it. suggesting that anyone donates to his biz is nothing short of ludicrous! how many people have donated to your biz? I know no one has donated to mine.
what im saying is that,some years ago when he was broke and needed some money to revive ait,he was crying for people to help him out ,seeing as some people are on here saying he should be the people's defender and not do any business with corrupt politicians, it was in that context that i made the comment,the moral of my comment is that if people want him reject money from corrupt politicians then they should show alternative means ait will make money not castigating the man and making false accusations,
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by Ibime(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
Odili ran Rivers State like someone who is not part of us. . . .the truth is, he never cared much for the Riverine people. . . . he shares more common interests with his Ibo brothers. . . .he set a horrible precedent in Rivers State. Former Governors like Alfred Diete-Spiff and Rufus Ada-George would be disgusted with the level of corruption, sadism, irresponsibility, thuggishness he instituted. . . . Dr Dima Fiberesima will be turning in his grave. . . . Odili is an uplander from Igboid Andoni. . . thus, he never cared for the Niger-Delta struggle. . . . people do not understand that Rivers State is split between the Igboid uplanders and the Ijaw of the riverine. . . . . . Odili's way of doing business is alien to the typical Rivers man. . . . . his style is more Arthur Nzeribe than Asari-Dokubo.
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by DisGuy: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2008
angel101:

If he's running a biz he shld by all means go ahead and run it. suggesting that anyone donates to his biz is nothing short of ludicrous! how many people have donated to your biz? I know no one has donated to mine.

rhymes well with his name

lucabrasi:

what im saying is that,some years ago when he was broke and needed some money to revive ait,he was crying for people to help him out ,seeing as some people are on here saying he should be the people's defender and not do any business with corrupt politicians, it was in that context that i made the comment,the moral of my comment is that if people want him reject money from corrupt politicians then they should show alternative means ait will make money not castigating the man and making false accusations,

same way similar companies make money elsewhere!! you think Sky will an advert for the BNP? shioo
Re: Hurray! Dr Peter Odili Is 60! by lucabrasi(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2008
Dis Guy:

same way similar companies make money elsewhere!! you think Sky will an advert for the BNP? shioo

dude if u dont know what to say pls waka pass,is ait and dopesi calling for donations from the general public now or many years ago when he went broke??dont read comments from the bottom up,read what i meant and not just jump in!

(1) (Reply)

Support Mr. Ribadu For President 2011 / All Politicians Are Thieves, No Matter Where, Colour Or Position. Opportunists. / Ibori Fights Back – Ribadu Is A Serial Liar Who Plotted Against Yar’adua

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.