Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,769 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:37 PM

Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? (1086 Views)

“convert To Islam Or You Will Be Crucified Like Jesus” / Messages From Lord Jesus To Earth For Endtime And Rapture / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by SeanT21(f): 3:49am On Aug 16, 2008
Me and my 2nd cousin got into this yesterday. She is not a religious person. She try to convince me that the reason Jesus was crucified was because he had no choice. She said quote"That God Forced Jesus to go through it because it was part of his plans"?

What do my fellow Christians brothers and sisters think?

Was Jesus force to be crucified or did he have a choice?

[center]NOTE TO MUSLIMS: KEEP OUT!!! [/center]
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by SeanT21(f): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2008
I need People take on this.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by olabowale(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2008
SeanT21, you ask good questions. But what are you doing with the answers? Your question here could be better if you inquire in addition, is it possible for the God to force His coequal if that coequal is truly a God to be crucified? Sorry, I know am a muslim, but the topic is very tempting.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by SeanT21(f): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2008
olabowale:

SeanT21, you ask good questions. But what are you doing with the answers? Your question here could be better if you inquire in addition, is it possible for the God to force His coequal if that coequal is truly a God to be crucified? Sorry, I know am a muslim, but the topic is very tempting.

OK, Give me ya take on it.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by olabowale(m): 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2008
My dear sister, you know that if a person shares equal position with any person or persons, he can not force any of these persons in the position of authority, as he to do what a subordinate person must do. He can not relegate any to a second authority position. If he can, it shows clearly that the person or persons relegatd is/are not really a coequal individual or group of individuals.

Now talking about Jesus, you can not accept the fact that Jesus is a coequal with God, and at the same time be forced by God to be crucified. If he is forced, then it shows that the coequal claim is just an empty claim. If he is forced, it shows that God is not equal to Jesus. If he is forced, it shows that God wanted him to be crucified by force, since it is said in the Bible that Jesus yelled, " My God, my God, why has thou forsakened me?"

Maybe God has a plan that Jesus has no knowledge about, since he was forced, even after all his prayers and petitions against it. We also can see that from the mouth of Jesus he said his own knowledge is limited, since he did not know the time of the hour.

My opinion is that God has a plan that God has no knowledge about, since cruxifixion is actually a condemnation and accursation of the soul of the crucified. God would not have allowed His elect to be accursed. Accursation is what is reserved for Satan, not any elect of God.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by rampant(f): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2008
olabowale:

My dear sister, you know that if a person shares equal position with any person or persons, he can not force any of these persons in the position of authority, as he to do what a subordinate person must do. He can not relegate any to a second authority position. If he can, it shows clearly that the person or persons relegatd is/are not really a coequal individual or group of individuals.

Now talking about Jesus, you can not accept the fact that Jesus is a coequal with God, and at the same time be forced by God to be crucified. If he is forced, then it shows that the coequal claim is just an empty claim. If he is forced, it shows that God is not equal to Jesus. If he is forced, it shows that God wanted him to be crucified by force, since it is said in the Bible that Jesus yelled, " My God, my God, why has thou forsakened me?"

Maybe God has a plan that Jesus has no knowledge about, since he was forced, even after all his prayers and petitions against it. We also can see that from the mouth of Jesus he said his own knowledge is limited, since he did not know the time of the hour.

My opinion is that God has a plan that God has no knowledge about, since cruxifixion is actually a condemnation and accursation of the soul of the crucified. God would not have allowed His elect to be accursed. Accursation is what is reserved for Satan, not any elect of God.

wat is all dis?
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by tpia: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2008
I don talk am say olabawale get another agenda behind all this so called "anti-Christian" preaching.

besides, he spends more time in the Christian section than the muslim one, under the guise of trying to make converts.

yeah right.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by SeanT21(f): 1:20am On Aug 18, 2008
@ olabowale

Can you give me ya take without being BIAS!!!
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by madamkoko: 2:08am On Aug 18, 2008
NOTE TO MUSLIMS: KEEP OUT!!!

L O L
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by mazaje(m): 8:43am On Aug 18, 2008
olabowale:

olabowale what are you doing here? why are you always trying very hard to convince yourself? abeg stop talking about what you have a skewed knowledge of.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by remyte(m): 9:04am On Aug 18, 2008
Olabowale, I think everybody needs to understand the real meaning of the words spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. '' My God, My God why art thou forsaken me''. Jesus wilingly accepted to reconcile us back to the father and that means accepting the sins of the whole world. The sins of the whole world were inputted on Him the same way His righteousness was inputted on us. Remember the father's eyes cannot behold iniquity, He had to take His eyes off Him. It's also important for us to know that the torment he suffered the most was the suffering of His Souls. There are relevant texts to be consulted on this topic but more importantly the bible. Read Isaiah 53:9, 2Cor 5:21.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by olabowale(m): 1:24am On Aug 19, 2008
@Rampant: I responded to the question. Thats fair enough. Right? How you dey, oh girl?

@SeanT21: I thought I was not biased in what i wrote. Was I, you think?

@Mazaje and remyte: Your preachings fell on deaf ears. You should go to Jesus never died thread. See the link to the lost Gospels, yourselves! My brothers, in Humanity, the truth shall prevail.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by babs787(m): 7:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
@Remyte

Olabowale, I think everybody needs to understand the real meaning of the words spoken by our Lord Jesus Christ on the cross. '' My God, My God why art thou forsaken me''. Jesus wilingly accepted to reconcile us back to the father and that means accepting the sins of the whole world. The sins of the whole world were inputted on Him the same way His righteousness was inputted on us. Remember the father's eyes cannot behold iniquity, He had to take His eyes off Him. It's also important for us to know that the torment he suffered the most was the suffering of His Souls. There are relevant texts to be consulted on this topic but more importantly the bible. Read Isaiah 53:9, 2Cor 5:21.

Did you in any way explain Jesus' statement? Please why did he cry that 'my God, why has thou forsaken me' forgeting that he is God. cool You may still give me the verses in full and lets have a cursory look at them.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by TayoD1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
SeanT21,

Me and my 2nd cousin got into this yesterday. She is not a religious person. She try to convince me that the reason Jesus was crucified was because he had no choice. She said quote"That God Forced Jesus to go through it because it was part of his plans"?
Was Jesus[b] force[/b] to be crucified or did he have a choice?
There are some underlying principles by which God works that we will need to understand before we can fully appreciate a situation such as this one.  One thing about God is that He is the complete "gentleman". It is when we do not understand His ways that many misinterprete His actions, case in point - Olabowale's response here.

Answering your question directly, God did not force Jesus to die on the Cross, just as He will never force you to do a thing. Here's a scripture that should give you a better understanding of the Ways of God: For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure - Phillipians 2:13

That scripture is very clear as to how God gets His will accomplished - He persuades us to be willing, before He inspires the doings. Anything that is contrary to this is not of God and it isn't blessed. God has never and will never violate anyone's will. He made us free moral agencies and He respects his own laws.
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by SeanT21(f): 12:53am On Aug 21, 2008
Tayo-D:

SeanT21,
There are some underlying principles by which God works that we will need to understand before we can fully appreciate a situation such as this one. One thing about God is that He is the complete "gentleman". It is when we do not understand His ways that many misinterprete His actions, case in point - Olabowale's response here.

Answering your question directly, God did not force Jesus to die on the Cross, just as He will never force you to do a thing. Here's a scripture that should give you a better understanding of the Ways of God: For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure - Phillipians 2:13

That scripture is very clear as to how God gets His will accomplished - He persuades us to be willing, before He inspires the doings. Anything that is contrary to this is not of God and it isn't blessed. God has never and will never violate anyone's will. He made us free moral agencies and He respects his own laws.

Thanks TAYO!!!
Re: Did God Force Jesus To Be Crucified? by Bobbyaf(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2008
@ SeunT21

Was Jesus force to be crucified or did he have a choice?

The answer is no. Christ volunteered to die. He chose to die. Christ still had that choice as a human. He could have turned back from Calvary if He had chosen to do that, but He would have done it at His own peril. Most Christians don't understand that Christ when He became human could have sinned. Sounds a bit blasphemous doesn't it?

If you stop to think about it you will understand what I mean. The first Adam sinned and caused the whole human race to inherit the sinful nature, and tendencies. Satan got Adam and Eve to break God's commands. The struggle between good and evil is hinged on whether God's creatures are able to keep God's instructions through love, or whether we are forced to accept them because God is a despot. Satan wants us to think of God that way. He doesn't want us to trust God.

So he deceived a 1/3 of God's angels to rebel based on distrust. He then deceived mankind to also distrust God based on his argument to Eve as to why God doesn't want her to eat from the forbidden tree. He got her to think that if God was as good and just as he desires us to think, then why not grant freedom to do what one desires to do. Why should God place limits on His creatures?

So in order for God to have restored or redeemed "that which was lost" including humans, He had to die in our stead. He couldn't change His law which stood at the foundation of His justice system, so He chose to suffer its penalty for us. In order to be able to suffer He, God the Son, who is One with the Father, volunteered to take on human nature so that He the second Adam would be subject to all that the first Adam was subject to and more.

Christ knew of the risks, but He also knew that if He subjected Himself to God's will He would have been successful. So its not like Christ was programmed to not sin, or to not go contrary to His Father's will. To the contrary. He took on human nature, and that means He was subject to temptations just like us. However, thank God He prevailed.

(1) (Reply)

Sin! / Hey Everyone,any Occultist In The House? / Is The Second Coming Of Jusus Christ Real Or Mere Imagination?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.