Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Nigerian Blogs - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Blogs (37905 Views)

Top 10 + 1 Nigerian Blogs To Watch In 2014 / Name The Top 10 Most Popular Nigerian Blogs / Nigerian Blogs Directory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Blogs by brushparke(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2006
Re: Nigerian Blogs by aderaskeey(m): 2:03am On May 30, 2006
brushparke:

www.samuelonongha..com

that is quite a beautiful blog, but last updated 6 months ago! I am sure if samuelonongha knows that he could generate income from his "Intelligence First" blog, he would be posting everyday to build content. his niche is a potentially fertile one.

this proves my point again that the dearth of Nigerian bloggers in the blogosphere is rooted in our ignorance that we could make money from that favourite pastime.

that wont also stop us from participating in "excellent forums" like nairaland, if I must quote Seun.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by aderaskeey(m): 2:20am On May 30, 2006
gbengaijot:

Mine used to be www.gbenga.blog.com but i am moving to www.naijabrains.com and anyone who is willing to be a volunteer blogger with me can always .

gbenga, that is quite an active and informative blog. I couldn't access your naijabrains.com, Is it still under construction or what?
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Seun(m): 3:56am On May 30, 2006
Seun has close to 10,000 visitors daily- that is a terrific traffic, but you will be shocked to learn of his abysmally poor CTR (click through rate). Why? because we have refused to embrace the techniques of optimizing our sites
How do you know I have an abysmally poor clickthrough rate? What do you think I make from this site? Is this a trick to make me reveal my income? I may not be as incompetent as you think.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by gbengaijot(m): 8:07am On May 30, 2006
Re: Nigerian Blogs by kazey(m): 10:02am On May 30, 2006
aderaskeey:

Do you know that our million times goodwill to Seun would not have stopped him from closing shop if he had not monetized Nairaland. Why not let us go the whole hog by telling our people the TRUTH about monetized blogs. In two weeks since May 14th, I have had a poor but encouraging blog-traffic of 162 guests and an Adsense earnings of over $34 Dollars. All on my http://tahitianoni..com

If You truly want an explosion in the Nigerian blogosphere, then you must point the way to Nigerian bloggers. MONETIZED BLOGS!

HAHAHAHA I hope you know what you are talking about smiley
Re: Nigerian Blogs by aderaskeey(m): 12:13pm On May 30, 2006
hi friends,

i am a very transparent fellow. i am not an alarmist. Kazey and Seun are one of the very esteemed and respected leaders of the web. i can't help but reverr your achievements as webmasters and traffic builders. I bow to the God of Heavens who enriched you with such rare talents and wisdom of leadership.

this is the basis of my projection: as at December 2005, seun had 17,000+ registered members on nairaland and a daily traffic of 5,000+. Now if Seun now has 26,000+ registered members (an increase of over 52% in 5 months!); is it not logical to project a conservative daily traffic of over 7,500 now?

Seun, What is CTR? when i said "abysmally poor" i don't mean failure or lack lustre performance. with an impression of over 7,500 daily if you have 500 daily clicks, that is a superlative achievement!!! but the ctr of that would be around 6-7% that is what untrained eyes may call "abysmally poor ctr"

But that is where the story ends! At the very low-end and impossible side of say, 15 cents per click, that is $75 dollars a day and and $2,250 Dollars a month which translated to at black market rate 146:1 over =N=328,000 per month.

Seun, you are a leader, don't descend to arguments of adsense earnings with me, afterall, you have said it many times here and on "Technology Times" that you earn more than what a telecom, oil & gas or banking graduate takes home. permit my speculative and idle projections. i know it is an insult to your current level of adsense income cheesy

I know of friends in US and Europe who had 5 to 6 websites before they could cumulatively gross 2,000 dollars from adsense, and even at that, their combined traffic for the half dozen site don't come near 30% of Seuns's traffic.

"Ohun ani l'angbe l'aruge; eba mi gbe 'Treasure' yi l'aruge"
My brother, I am exceedingly proud of you, don't diminish your destiny, you ain't see anything yet. If you don't know, it is not late for you to know that, you remain an inspiration that cannot be annulled for some of us. even if our age doubles yours. the age of Methusella has nothing to do with the wisdom of Solomon. Period!

Finally Kazey, moneytized blogs is not the type that i created on blogger.com You guys are more experienced than me on the web i am just about 14 months old in the game of numbers. Kazey, don't begin to scare newbies with an attitude of "HAHAHAHA I hope you know what you are talking about". Sharon Guirel is not anywhere better intellectually than any of you guys, yet she makes a cool 650 dollars per day from just ONE WEBSITE!!! If she could I believe we can do better. when I say we, I mean you guys and any body devoted to better their lot in this our noble calling as web entrepreneurs!

I have made good (and I am still making) money from affiliate marketing. My adsense experience started in August last year, but i was sleep-walking until I woke up in April/may this year. So
Re: Nigerian Blogs by kazey(m): 12:41pm On May 30, 2006
Now I get your point grin Thanks for being explicit.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 30, 2006
check out - www.davidylan..com
Re: Nigerian Blogs by gbengaijot(m): 4:11pm On May 30, 2006
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 30, 2006
Thanks gbenga.

newayz i am not of the "Rich" adenuga stock, we happen to come from the same area though.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Orikinla(m): 4:22pm On May 30, 2006
Aderaskeey,
Commercial blogging or whatever you choose to call it depends on what you want from blogging.

I know the tricks of the trade in making more money from AdSense and the other Adverts. But most of them are "black hat SEO" (tricks such as cloaking and spamdexing).

I cannot tell you what I am making online from AdSense or Commonsense. grin

N.B:
Sokari Ekine is still on http://okrasoup.typepad.com/black_looks/
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Seun(m): 4:23pm On May 30, 2006
But that is where the story ends! At the very low-end and impossible side of say, 15 cents per click, that is $75 dollars a day and and $2,250 Dollars a month which translated to at black market rate 146:1 over =N=328,000 per month.

Ok that is way, way, way more than I earn! All the other stats are overestimated, except for number of impressions (Nairaland has many pageviews per visitor). That'll be my last statement on the Nairaland pittance.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by gbengaijot(m): 4:27pm On May 30, 2006
@david dylan, thts cool ooooooo. anyway, our far with ur end?
Re: Nigerian Blogs by gbengaijot(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2006
@david dylan, thts cool ooooooo. anyway, our far with ur end?
I am having trouble putting adsense on my blog, its not displaying seems like it doesnt display javascript. you have any idea what i can do?.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by whitesoftx(m): 4:29pm On May 30, 2006
Now we getting somewhere guys! estimate or no estimate, we all have our own lives to live! keep clicking Seun and here is my Blog http://whitesoftx..com/
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 30, 2006
gbengaijot:

@david dylan, thts cool ooooooo. anyway, our far with your end?
I am having trouble putting adsense on my blog, its not displaying seems like it doesnt display javascript. you have any idea what i can do?.

I dey kampe! thank you. You have to sign up for adsense and then they automatically add the ads to your site. I use blogger so the html popped up in my template. i have no idea how. i signed up, indicated where i wanted the ads and voila it was there.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by kananyi: 4:07am On Jun 02, 2006
I totally agree with not creating a mirror of nigerianbloggers it is more than duplication of effort. lets innovate instead of undermining something thats already taken off and is successful and I would like to know more about the "black hat SEO" (tricks such as cloaking and spamdexing).
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Orikinla(m): 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2006
I have the best KEY WORDS for SEO to boost your traffic. But I am not giving out the inventory gratis.

It is for sale.

Just contact me and ask for it and I will tell you the price.
I will just give you the link to confirm how the KEY WORDS can boost your traffic and I will give you all the KEY WORDS.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by wande(m): 3:41pm On Jun 07, 2006
raskey, I have changed my blog name to realities2006..com

I appreciate your constructive criticism.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Zahymaka(m): 5:34pm On Jun 07, 2006
wande:

raskey, I have changed my blog name to realities2006..com

I appreciate your constructive criticism.

Wande, that's a nice blog. . . Are all the stories true -- they're pretty engrossing? If you worked on your writing style a bit you could consider making money from writing wink.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by wande(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2006
Thanks Zahymaka , it is actually a true story.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Ndipe(m): 9:22pm On Jun 07, 2006
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2006
@Ndipe
I am not trying to be rude or show off but damn since april till June U have made only ONE post shocked shocked

View this http://queenzy.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Ndipe(m): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2006
It was for a school assignment, that's it

Queenzy, that is a very informative website you have there on poverty. Keep it up!!
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 07, 2006
Thanks Ndipe.

U can also post issues on that blog. Besides U choose a nice layout for it
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2006
Poverty. UNICEF. Hmmm. Keep it up, Queenzy.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Ndipe(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2006
You are welcome

Actually, I posted several other posts, one of them about childhood memories in Nigeria. For some strange reason, it is not uploading.

But yeah, the picture of the little boy crying on your blog really touched me.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2006
Seun:

Poverty. UNICEF. Hmmm. Keep it up, Queenzy.

Thanks Seun. I so much I appreciate.

Ndipe:

You are welcome

Actually, I posted several other posts, one of them about childhood memories in Nigeria. For some strange reason, it is not uploading.

But yeah, the picture of the little boy crying on your blog really touched me.

Thanks Ndipe
That picture was to really potray what I was speaking about. Children crying, suffering and dying everywhere.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Seun(m): 10:29pm On Jun 07, 2006
But I hardly come across these suffering and dying children (except those that are frequently beaten up by their 'well-meaning' parents). And my neighbourhood isn't a rich one or middle-class one. Where are they hiding?
Re: Nigerian Blogs by whitesoftx(m): 10:23am On Jun 09, 2006
Seun, they are destitute, ain't they? No home, No food, No shelter, No hope, infact, No No. so, if you see them in street A today, dont expect to meet them there the next day because they keep on moving on, what you can do is to HELP them whenever, whereever and however you meet/see them. they need our help!

Anyways, I still keep blogging here: http://whitesoftx..com, its all about human rights and IT.
Re: Nigerian Blogs by Dewalex(m): 12:14am On Jun 12, 2006
There is this new online nigeria forum check it out www.naijablogvillage.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Spacex Rocket Explosion - Mark Zuckerberg Reacts / Twitter: Elon Musk Reacts To Firing Of Employees amid lawsuits / Top 8 Problems Of Internet Growth In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.