Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:34 PM

Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? (33907 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife?. / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by mekaboy(m): 10:45am On Aug 17, 2008
Hello my fellow nairalanders.

Please i want to know if it is a sin for a christian man to marry more than one wife, i mean , not divorcing any, i know david did and it was not a sin and solomon the wisest man did and it was not a sin, so why will it be a sin today.

Because i think instead of a married man to go and have an affair with another woman, why not marry her too if u can afford it ? because from my point of view, i dont know if one woman will be enough for me ooo. LOL

Jusk joking, but let me know your opinions Please,
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by yongbabe(f): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2008
In the bible, marriage is discribed as
The union Of ONE man and ONE woman in holy matrimony.

So as 2 answer ur question,
Yes a cristian can have one wife, Bt howeva it is a sin.

Besides Polygamy is just a fancy word for cheating and bringin ur
misstress into ur house undecided
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by mekaboy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2008
Hmmm,

You sure about that? Even david in the bibble took another wife at his old age, ok, look at this situation, a young boy for some reason falls in love with a woman who is 7 yrs older than him, along the line the woman gets much older and no longer active in bed, what happens? does it mean he cant take another wife even if she agrees?
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2008
A Christian should not marry more than one wife.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Cayon(f): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2008
According to the second Adam (Jesus) and the New Testament. . . .the answer is NO.

Peace
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2008
Cayon:

According to the second Adam (Jesus)
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Cayon(f): 2:50pm On Aug 17, 2008
Candy:

Read - 1 Corinthians 15: 42-49
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Aug 17, 2008
Cayon:

Candy:

Read - 1 Corinthians 15: 42-49
I get you.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2008
[b]@Mekaboy  

Gen 1:28 And YAHAWAH blessed them, and YAHAWAH said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth [/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000]

You are correct in your statment, One of the original commands from YAHAWAH was for man to go forth and multiply, It is still our custom till today to marry more than one wife. Our fore fathers were not European christians and did not worship any foriegn gods. Today the white man's christianity is brainwashing Africans into believing such nonsense and trash doctrine about one man and one woman. Let us read:

2Sa 12:8   'I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Yisrayl  and Yahadah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!

2Sa 12:9   'Why have you despised the commandment of YAHAWAH, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon.

As you've just read Abba YAHAWAH was willing to bless King Dawad with more Hebrew wives if he had only asked, rather than the wicked acted he committed.

1Ch 14:3 Then Dawad took more wives in Yahrushalayim, and Dawad begot more sons and daughters

As you can see the multiplication in effect, more wives = more sons & daughters.

Gen 16:3   Then Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.

Gen 16:4   So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes

As you see Ab-ra-ham (Father of Ham) had two wives, even though foolish jnr wife Hagar disrespected her madam who was Sarah which cost her a place in Ab-ra-ham's house. Remember Ab-ra-ham was blessed enormously by Abba YAHAWAH because he Ab-ra-ham did this :

Gen 26:4  And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Gen 26:5  Because that Ab-ra-ham obeyed My Voice, and kept My Charge, My Commandments, My Statutes, and My Laws.

After Sarah died Ab-ha-ham took a third wife and her name was Keturah :

Gen 25:1 Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah.  

Gen 25:4 And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the children of Keturah.  

1Ch 1:32 Now the sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine: she bare Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan; Sheba, and Dedan

Here is Ya'aqob (Jacob) Ab-ra-ham grandson also blessed of YAHAWAH !

Gen 31:17 Then Ya'aqob  rose and set his sons and his wives on camels.

Through the four wives of Ya'aqob came the twelve tribes of Yis-ra-yl as we know today

Gen 30:3   So she said, "Here is my maid Bilhah; go in to her, and she will bear a child on my knees, that I also may have children by her."

Gen 30:4   Then she( Rachyl) gave him Bilhah her maid as wife, and Ya'aqob went in to her.

Gen 30:5   And Bilhah conceived and bore Jacob a son.

Gen 30:6   Then Rachyl said, "YAHAWAH has judged my case; and He has also heard my voice and given me a son." Therefore she called his name Dan

Gen 30:9   When Leah saw that she had stopped bearing, she took Zilpah her maid and gave her to Ya'aqob as wife.

Gen 30:10   And Leah's maid Zilpah bore Jacob a son.

Here are Ya'aqob's 4 wives Leah, Rachyl, Bilhah & Zilpah

This is what the book of YAHAWAH'S LAW says:

Deu 21:15   "If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the unloved, and if the firstborn son is of her who is unloved,

Deu 21:16   "then it shall be, on the day he bequeaths his possessions to his sons, that he must not bestow firstborn status on the son of the loved wife in preference to the son of the unloved, the true firstborn.

Deu 21:17   "But he shall acknowledge the son of the unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

You can clearly see that it is lawful to have more than one wife as long as your wives are not pagans or heathen who would bring their foreign Gods into your house to cause you to turn away from the worship of Abba YAHAWAH !!!

Jdg 8:30 Gideon had seventy sons who were his own offspring, for he had many wives

There are so many more instances that can be shown with regards to this issue, but remember if you follow the white man's christianity then you are under the dogma and doctrines of the Mother church and she says you as an African can only have one wife ! so thats what your pastor and the fake new testament will teach you.

Remember!

Mal 3:6   "For I AM YAHAWAH, I do not change;

This is a  future prophecy yet to come to pass, let's read :

Mic 4:2 Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of YAHAWAH, To the house of YAHAWAH ,Father of Ya’aqob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, And the word of YAHAWAH from Yahrushalayim.  

Zec 8:21 The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, "Let us continue to go and pray before YAHAWAH, And seek YAHAWAH of hosts. I myself will go also."  

Zec 8:23 "Thus says YAHAWAH of hosts: 'In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a  Yahadaim man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that YAHAWAH is with you."  

Isa 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."

Salamah
Yisraylite  smiley[/b]
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2008
mekaboy:

Hello my fellow nairalanders.

Please i want to know if it is a sin for a christian man to marry more than one wife, i  mean , not divorcing any, i know david did and it was not a sin and solomon the wisest man did and it was not a sin, so why will it be a sin today.

Because i think instead of a married man to go and have an affair with another woman, why not marry her too if u can afford it ? because from my point of view, i don't know if one woman will be enough for me ooo. LOL

Jusk joking, but let me know your opinions Please,

no u r not,its obvious
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 4:38pm On Aug 17, 2008
mekaboy:

Hmmm,

You sure about that? Even david in the bibble took another wife at his old age, ok, look at this situation, a young boy for some reason falls in love with a woman who is 7 years older than him, along the line the woman gets much older and no longer active in bed, what happens? does it mean he can't take another wife even if she agrees?

did it happen in d old testament or new testament?
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:41pm On Aug 17, 2008
rampant:

did it happen in d old testament or new testament?

What does it matter??

Afterall Jesus said he did not come to change the law.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2008
okija not in d mood to argue wt u

read in between d lines of my post,u will notice that u reached d wrong conclusion

d bible says that a man shall leave his mother and father and . . . . . . . . . . . . . cling to his wife and not wives
and both (not all) shall bcome 1

so many things in d old testament changed after d coming of jesus
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Gamine(f): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2008
Marrying more than one wife is not stated as sin in the bible.

As Christians we are to follow Christ in everything.

Christ is depicted as the bridegroom and we are the bride.

which means one, single, singular.

If He is joined to one.

We also must be joined to one.

So, A Christian Should not marry more than one wife!
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2008
Gamine:

Marrying more than one wife is not stated as sin in the bible.

As Christians we are to follow Christ in everything.

Christ is depicted as the bridegroom and we are the bride.

which means one, single, singular.

If He is joined to one.

We also must be joined to one.

So, A Christian Should not marry more than one wife!

How is we singular??

And speaking of christlike, the dude had no wife, prolly never got laid, so shouldnt we be thinking of the pope or catholic priest when you say christlike?? undecided Just curious

rampant:

okija not in d mood to argue wt u

read in between d lines of my post,u will notice that u reached d wrong conclusion

d bible says that a man shall leave his mother and father and . . . . . . . . . . . . . cling to his wife and not wives
and both (not all) shall bcome 1

so many things in d old testament changed after d coming of jesus

That makes two of us.

So please explain the "in between the lines" cos I cant see nothing there.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2008
@okija

work it out urself,dats why its called reading inbtw d lines
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Gamine(f): 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2008
Okija, if you dont read the bible how would you know. undecided

i said Christ is depicted as the Bridegroom

We are THE Bride, ONE!, SINGLE, Bonded as one through our belief in His name.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 4:59pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Everyone other than Mekaboy

Wow ! you people are down right daft . You Nigerians let  European religions  and foreign Gods brain wash you into marrying one wife, after that you secretly go  having affairs and mistresses, lying to your wife and trying to hide evidence your willful dishonesty. How Typical !!!!!!!! of a brain washed Christian . All you Nigerian men are starting to take on the homosexual traits of your blonde hair blue eyed slave masters.

@ Gamine You must be a woman since you claim your christ is coming to marry you LOL !!!! grin

I dare anyone to refute my prior post !!!!

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, [it is] because [there] [is] no light in them.  

Isa 30:9 That this [is] a rebellious people, Lying children, Children who will not hear The Law of YAHAWAH !

HalleluYAH !!

Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Aug 17, 2008
Mr Isrealite

When Jesus Comes, we will know who the Daft people are
keep wallowing in your darkness
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 5:03pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yisraylite:

Wow ! you people are down right daft . You Nigerians let  European religions  and foreign Gods brain wash you into marrying one wife, after that you secretly go  having affairs and mistresses, lying to your wife and trying to hide evidence your willful dishonesty. How Typical !!!!!!!! of a brain washed Christian . I dare anyone to refute my prior post !!!!

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, [it is] because [there] [is] no light in them.  

Isa 30:9 That this [is] a rebellious people, Lying children, Children who will not hear The Law of YAHAWAH !

HalleluYAH !!

Yisraylite

wat is all dis one
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:06pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Gamine

Ain;t no damn J-Zeus coming for you, silly !! keep believing that trash

Gamine You must be a woman since you claim your christ is coming to marry you LOL !!!!  grin

I dare anyone to refute my prior post !!!!

HalleluYAH !!

Yisraylite[/b]
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Gamine(f): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2008
Which Earlier post?

Only God will save your soul

You seem firmly attached to Hades
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yisraylite:

Wow ! you people are down right daft . You Nigerians let  European religions  and foreign Gods brain wash you into marrying one wife, after that you secretly go  having affairs and mistresses, lying to your wife and trying to hide evidence your willful dishonesty. How Typical !!!!!!!! of a brain washed Christian . All you Nigerian men are starting to take on the homosexual traits of your blonde hair blue eyed slave masters.

Your foolishness is beyond compare.
You just came in here and just because the internet has given an idiot like you the opportuinity to chat with people that are head and torso above you, you think you can just waltz in and start throwing around curses.
I really do not blame you.
Ignoramus.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rampant(f): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2008
Okija_juju:

Your foolishness is beyond compare.
You just came in here and just because the internet has given an idiot like you the opportuinity to chat with people that are head and torso above you, you think you can just waltz in and start throwing around curses.
I really do not blame you.
Ignoramus.

rotflmgsbo grin grin
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Okija_juju

Oh ! did I hurt your little  feelings sad Only daft people and disobedient children refuse to take heed to the LAW of THE CREATOR. So which one are you ? typical of you to start getting overly emotional just like the bride(woman) of Christ that you are  grin

Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by yongbabe(f): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ Okija_juju

Oh ! did I hurt your little  feelings sad Only daft people and disobedient children refuse to take heed to the LAW of THE CREATOR. So which one are you ? typical of you to start getting overly emotional just like the bride(woman) of Christ that you are  grin

Yisraylite

U have stated ur point,
what are u styll doin here?
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:49pm On Aug 17, 2008
[b]@ Gamine

Gamine:

Which Earlier post?

Only God will save your soul

You seem firmly attached to Hades

Which earlier post? are you playing dumb? My first reply to Mekaboy. Did you read it first before coming at me?

Are you a Greek? Hades is a place in greek mythology ! get it, It dosen't exist so how can I be firmly attached to a mythological place?, well so much for your wishes, they shall not prosper and Your God shall be destroyed by YAHAWAH

1 Chron 16:26 for all the Gods (Elohim) of the people are demons: but YHWH made the heavens.

Yer 10:11 thus you shall say to them: "The gods (elohim) that have not made the heavens and the
earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens."

Psa 95:3 For you O YHWH, are our Almighty Heavenly Father, and a Great King above all gods(elohim).

Psa 96:4 For YHWH is Great, and Greatly to be praised: He is to be Reverenced above all gods (elohim).

Psa 97:9 For You, O YHWH are the Most High above all the earth: You are exalted above every god (el)

Zep 2:11 YHWH will be awesome to them, For He will reduce to nothing all the gods of the earth; People shall worship Him, Each one from his place, Indeed all the shores of the nations

HalleluYAH !!!

Yisraylite[/b]
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ Yong babe

yong babe:

You have stated your point,
what are u styll doin here?

I guess you must be the Nairaland Police ! cheesy, What ! you gonna arrest me next Lol!!
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:55pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised, And they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of YAHAWAH is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.

Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which YAHAWAH of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from YAHAWAH of hosts

Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear The Law of YAHAWAH

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your FATHER, I also will forget your children. 

Hsa 8:12 I have written for him the great things of My Law, [But] they were considered a strange thing
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by nerd2: 6:34pm On Aug 17, 2008
In the old testament, yes it was accepted, but from reading 1 Corinthians 7:4 it appears not so

", let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband"
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by madamkoko: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2008
One thing I like the christian religion for is its attempt to create order.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by mazaje(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2008
Yisraylite:

Yer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised, And they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of YAHAWAH is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.

Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which YAHAWAH of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from YAHAWAH of hosts

Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear The Law of YAHAWAH

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your FATHER, I also will forget your children.

Hsa 8:12 I have written for him the great things of My Law, [But] they were considered a strange thing

hey Yisraylite go Bleep yourself or get laid you pussy starved muzzy punk.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Attend Daughter's Convocation In Babcock (photos) / Why Does God Create People When He Knows They Are Going To Hell? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.