Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? (33925 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife?. / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Can A Born Again Christian Marry More Than One Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by powderPink(f): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2008
mazaje:

hey Yisraylite go Bleep yourself or get laid you pussy starved muzzy punk.

buhahaha laughing pissing myself
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2008
@ mazaje

mazaje:

You peverted man fucker, you must  be a peeping Tom ,you fucking self-servicer, I'll rather get at lots of pussy than be a  brainless lesbian Bitch like you and your bitch ass father ,

Oh ! by the way,I did not write the Book of the Law you daft slowpoke !, it's quite  typical for you guttless Christains to attack the messenger instead of the message, however, I am  suprised that an slowpoke such as you can even copy and paste. cheesy

I ain't no nice christian you fucking retard !! And I don't turn the cheek. If you step on this Lion's tail, I'll freakin chew your head off little girly man,  I'll take your shrunken head of your body like King Dawad did to Goliath of Garth.

I bet you're also waiting to take Christ's privates in your ass fucking gay. Oh I forgot your Christ too was a  batty man  with no wife or offsprings cheesy !!

Now tuck your tail between your legs and go report me to your child molesting pastor or priest   grin lol!! Now go spread your butt cheeks for Christ since he is your husband and bridegroom  grin

I can bring this pain any way you want it fool grin grin grin grin letting a white man mess you in your African ass, you dumb Ass

This is what Abba YAHWAH says

Eze 3:8 Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads. 

Eze 3:9 Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they [are] a rebellious house."

Yisraylite  cool
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by mazaje(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2008
Yisraylite:

@ mazaje

You peverted man fucker, you must  be a peeping Tom ,you fucking self-servicer, I'll rather get at lots of pussy than be a  brainless lesbian Bitch like you and your bitch ass father ,

Oh ! by the way,I did not write the Book of the Law you daft slowpoke !, it's quite  typical for you guttless Christains to attack the messenger instead of the message, however, I am  suprised that an slowpoke such as you can even copy and paste. cheesy

I ain't no nice christian you fucking retard !! And I don't turn the cheek. If you step on this Lion's tail, I'll freakin chew your head off little girly man,  I'll take your shrunken head of your body like King Dawad did to Goliath of Garth.

I bet you're also waiting to take Christ's privates in your ass fucking gay. Oh I forgot your Christ too was a  batty man  with no wife or offsprings cheesy !!

Now tuck your tail between your legs and go report me to your child molesting pastor or priest   grin lol!! Now go spread your butt cheeks for Christ since he is your husband and bridegroom  grin

I can bring this pain any way you want it fool grin grin grin grin letting a white man mess you in your African ass, you dumb Ass

This is what Abba YAHWAH says

Eze 3:8 Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads. 

Eze 3:9 Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they [are] a rebellious house."

Yisraylite  cool

what the Bleep is this retarded dons saying? i know you must be high on cheap cow dung because thats what loosers like you smoke to get high? go and get laid you pervert it will definately suck up most of the stress you are going through and will help keep your senile and deranged mind, body and soul together. if you can't get laid (which i believe will definately be the case because no girl will like to be with a looser like you) i will advice you to go and self-service your shrivel and embarassing little dickk to death you stupid piss of shitt. stupid slowpoke.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by MrCrackles(m): 9:01am On Aug 18, 2008
Okija_juju:

Your foolishness is beyond compare.
You just came in here and just because the internet has given an idiot like you the opportuinity to chat with people that are head and torso above you, you think you can just waltz in and start throwing around curses.
I really do not blame you.
Ignoramus.

yeppaaaaa!
u absolutely took him to the cleaners bruv! grin
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by mekaboy(m): 10:01am On Aug 18, 2008
Ha ha ha ha,

My people, this topic no be small one, what i understand is that GOD does not change, and if he did not approve of a man marrying more than one wife then, why will he suddenly dislike it now. or have u forgoten that JESUS is the same GOD in the form of man ? from what i understood in the new testament its only priests that should not marry more than one wife. Sometimes people take some part of the bibble and leave some part.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2008
@mazaje and yisraylt
funny both of you either claim to be christians or yaweh or whaeva and you both cursing more than pirates
@topic
the bible is unambiguous,a man shall have only one wife!!the fact that the bible is written in english that everybody understands shouldnt be a reason for jobless people to read meanings and give it double meanings,
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by dudubobo1: 10:55am On Aug 18, 2008
1 Corinthians 7

1 Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry.
2 But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband.
8 Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am.
9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
10To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband.
11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lekeleke(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2008
My brother, it is totally and scripturally wrong for a christian to marry more than a wife. In the begining GOD made just one woman for Adam and not two(Gen.2). Go and check the lives of God's people in the bible who deviated from this,e.g David, Abraham, jacob,etc, , they all had problems errupting from polygamy(e.g David's children raped and killed themselves as a result of David's polygamy).
Check out the lives of the monogamous people in the bible,e.g Joseph, Moses,Isaac, , they lead a peaceful and a decent life, their end was peaceful.
GOD gave us that standard for our own peace and not HIS. Look I came from a polygamous home, marrying more than a wife is just an invitation of problems not only into your life, but also into the life of your children(both born and unborn).
According to GOD'S WORD, I can't say categorically but I think anyone who marries more than one wife in this new testament age without restitution MAY not make heaven.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lekeleke(m): 2:12pm On Aug 18, 2008
My brother, it is totally and scripturally wrong for a christian to marry more than a wife. In the begining GOD made just one woman for Adam and not two(Gen.2). Go and check the lives of God's people in the bible who deviated from this,e.g David, Abraham, jacob,etc, , they all had problems errupting from polygamy(e.g David's children raped and killed themselves as a result of David's polygamy).
Check out the lives of the monogamous people in the bible,e.g Joseph, Moses,Isaac, , they lead a peaceful and a decent life, their end was peaceful.
GOD gave us that standard for our own peace and not HIS. Look I came from a polygamous home, marrying more than a wife is just an invitation of problems not only into your life, but also into the life of your children(both born and unborn).
According to GOD'S WORD, I can't say categorically but I think anyone who marries more than one wife in this new testament age without restitution MAY not make heaven.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 2:58pm On Aug 18, 2008
@lucabrasi

lucabrasi:

@mazaje and yisraylt
funny both of you either claim to be christians or yaweh or whaeva and you both cursing more than pirates
@topic
the bible is unambiguous,a man shall have only one wife!!the fact that the bible is written in english that everybody understands shouldnt be a reason for jobless people to read meanings and give it double meanings,

Bros. I never claimed anything, so don't get confused with trying to classify me or put me in some category(yahweh or whatever),I'm a man like you,and I'm an errend boy or messenger, the lowly of lows.

Don't let simple English words (you both cursing more than pirates) dissuade you from the fact that the Torah is very clear on this topic period. Christians pick and choose what's convenient for them from the book of the LAw. Case in point, I watched a pastor try to justify his getting money from his flock by quoting from the Torah concerning tithes.

THESE SAME THIEVES WILL TELL YOU IN ANOTHER BREATH THAT THE LAW IS NAILED TO THE CROSS, BUT WHEN IT COMES TO MONEY THE LAW AIN'T NAILED TO THE CROSS NO MORE WOW!

NO CHRISTIAN PASTORS OR PREACHERS ARE LEVITE PRIESTS and NONE OF THEM ARE AUTHORIZED BY ABBA YAHAWAH TO COLLECT ANY TITHES FROM ANYONE!

THE CREATOR OF THE HEAVENS & EARTH SHALL NEVER CHANGE.HIS LAW WILL STAND IS FOREVER,

THESE ARE THE CURSES EVERYONE SHOULD BE CONCERNED ABOUT

Isa 24:5  The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Isa 24:6  Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

[b]Rest assured that this prophecy has not come to pass yet, for when it does every inhabtant of this earth shall know it !!

Deu 28:15 "But it shall come to pass, if you do not obey the voice of YAHAWAH your FATHER, to observe carefully all His commandments and His statutes which I command you today, that all these curses will come upon you and overtake you

Deu 28:16   "Cursed shall you be in the city, and cursed shall you be in the country.

Deu 28:17   "Cursed shall be your basket and your kneading bowl.

Deu 28:18   "Cursed shall be the fruit of your body and the produce of your land, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.

Deu 28:19   "Cursed shall you be when you come in, and cursed shall you be when you go out.

Deu 28:20   "YAHAWAH will send on you cursing, confusion, and rebuke in all that you set your hand to do, until you are destroyed and until you perish quickly, because of the wickedness of your doings in which you have forsaken Me.

Bros, these curses shall stand for all who have done away with the LAW of THE Creator[/b]

Salamah
Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2008
@yisralyte
are we nit picking now?so that fact that cursing more than pirates isnt correct means im not qualified to tell you what is obviously right?? grin(colonial hangover in action)
even if i wrote my comments in pidgin english,yoruba e.t.c the moral of my comment or observation is that cursing everybody that crosses your path will not make more people read your many (articles?)
its like seeing someone slapping and punching a guy and then the person laters comes to you preaching that GOD is love and love your neighbour bla bla,

well the fac t that you are sharing the words of the torah?means you are part of part of some sort of religious movement,and im sure there s no part of your torah that will support calling people names like perverted man fucker,self-servicer e.t.c neither will your religious leader support it
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2008
[b][b]@ Brasi

Lets be intellectually honest, this is your second comment about me, It ain't about me Bros, stop making me the focus and focus on the words written in the Torah, or what your translators chose to call the Old Testament, ain't that the foundation of so called Christianity?

You really should be concerned with what your Greco -Roman trained pastors are hiding from you in other to steal your inheritance and birth right

Sorry I'm no christian,I'm a warrior like King Dawad and  I won't turn a cheek either, if I'm attacked like Mazagiie just did

mazaje:

I'll try to beat his ass untill he crys uncle, I'll make sure I do not spare the rod of correction, so as to spoil the child

Your Friend Mazajie got her undies in a bunch because I said " You Nigerians are daft " and started crying about me throwing around curses

Some one who is daft is someone who is hard of hearing, Now read this and explain to me

Yer 6:10 To whom shall I speak and give warning, That they may hear? Indeed their ear is uncircumcised, And they cannot give heed. Behold, the word of YAHAWAH is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it.

Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which YAHAWAH of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from YAHAWAH of hosts

Isa 30:9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear The Law of YAHAWAH

Hsa 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your FATHER, I also will forget your children.

Isn't anyone who has refused to acknowledge the truth of the TORAH(so-called Old Testament) DAFT?, How can the Christian house (doctrine) stand if its foundation(The Torah) has been done away with?

Please answer honestly and truthfully

Now who is really nit picking? (picking what's conveinent from Torah and discarding the rest)

As for this comment

well  the fac t that you are sharing the words of the torah?means you are part of part of some sort of religious movement,and im sure there s no part of your torah that will support calling people names like perverted man fucker,self-servicer e.t.c neither will your religious leader support it

Deu 23:17 There shall be no LovePeddler of the daughters of Yisrayl, nor a sodomite of the sons of Yisrayl[/b]

So ain't a sodomite a man fucker? Any man overly obsessed with with another man's affairs behind the privacy of his home,can only be construed as a  sodomite.

Gen 19:4   Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house.

Gen 19:5   And they called to Lot and said to him, "Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally."
  shocked

I will call a spade a spade Bros, and I'm not here to be anyone's friend either, But I def make sure that the truth of Torah shall be in everyone's face.

salamah

Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 7:16pm On Aug 18, 2008
ok seen,ill stay out of your way then,seeing as you are the messenger can you break your religion down or your movement so that we ll know what it s all about before the many commandments you have been writing on here, btw wat does your own movement and king dawad??say about marrying more than one wife
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by rubi(f): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2008
A xtain should not marry more than one wife according to bible. But let me ask you can you handle more than one wife?
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ Brasi

lucabrasi:

ok seen,ill stay out of your way then,seeing as you are the messenger can you break your religion down or your movement so that we ll know what it s all about before the many commandments you have been writing on here, between what does your own movement and king dawad??say about marrying more than one wife

Bro's, I hate to come across as brash but this is an eternal  life and  death situation, everyone on Nairaland is my brother and sister, so all this could be considered a harsh family fight, which I'll be willing to fight so that even the quiet observers may read for themselves the scriptures being pasted, which they can find in their bibles though the names may be different due to translational issues.

This was my original post in reply to mekaboy

@Mekaboy 

Gen 1:28 And YAHAWAH blessed them, and YAHAWAH said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth

You are correct in your statment, One of the original commands from YAHAWAH was for man to go forth and multiply, It is still our custom till today to marry more than one wife. Our fore fathers were not European christians and did not worship any foriegn gods. Today the white man's christianity is brainwashing Africans into believing such nonsense and trash doctrine about one man and one woman. Let us read:

2Sa 12:8   'I gave you your master's house and your master's wives into your keeping, and gave you the house of Yisrayl  and Yahadah. And if that had been too little, I also would have given you much more!

2Sa 12:9   'Why have you despised the commandment of YAHAWAH, to do evil in His sight? You have killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword; you have taken his wife to be your wife, and have killed him with the sword of the people of Ammon.

As you've just read Abba YAHAWAH was willing to bless King Dawad with more Hebrew wives if he had only asked, rather than the wicked acted he committed.

1Ch 14:3 Then Dawad took more wives in Yahrushalayim, and Dawad begot more sons and daughters

As you can see the multiplication in effect, more wives = more sons & daughters.

Gen 16:3   Then Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.

Gen 16:4   So he went in to Hagar, and she conceived. And when she saw that she had conceived, her mistress became despised in her eyes

As you see Ab-ra-ham (Father of Ham) had two wives, even though foolish jnr wife Hagar disrespected her madam who was Sarah which cost her a place in Ab-ra-ham's house. Remember Ab-ra-ham was blessed enormously by Abba YAHAWAH because he Ab-ra-ham did this :

Gen 26:4  And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Gen 26:5  Because that Ab-ra-ham obeyed My Voice, and kept My Charge, My Commandments, My Statutes, and My Laws.

After Sarah died Ab-ha-ham took a third wife and her name was Keturah :

Gen 25:1 Then again Abraham took a wife, and her name was Keturah. 

Gen 25:4 And the sons of Midian; Ephah, and Epher, and Hanoch, and Abida, and Eldaah. All these were the children of Keturah. 

1Ch 1:32 Now the sons of Keturah, Abraham's concubine: she bare Zimran, and Jokshan, and Medan, and Midian, and Ishbak, and Shuah. And the sons of Jokshan; Sheba, and Dedan

Here is Ya'aqob (Jacob) Ab-ra-ham grandson also blessed of YAHAWAH !

Gen 31:17 Then Ya'aqob  rose and set his sons and his wives on camels.

Through the four wives of Ya'aqob came the twelve tribes of Yis-ra-yl as we know today

Gen 30:3   So she said, "Here is my maid Bilhah; go in to her, and she will bear a child on my knees, that I also may have children by her."

Gen 30:4   Then she( Rachyl) gave him Bilhah her maid as wife, and Ya'aqob went in to her.

Gen 30:5   And Bilhah conceived and bore Jacob a son.

Gen 30:6   Then Rachyl said, "YAHAWAH has judged my case; and He has also heard my voice and given me a son." Therefore she called his name Dan

Gen 30:9   When Leah saw that she had stopped bearing, she took Zilpah her maid and gave her to Ya'aqob as wife.

Gen 30:10   And Leah's maid Zilpah bore Jacob a son.

Here are Ya'aqob's 4 wives Leah, Rachyl, Bilhah & Zilpah

This is what the book of YAHAWAH'S LAW says:

Deu 21:15   "If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the unloved, and if the firstborn son is of her who is unloved,

Deu 21:16   "then it shall be, on the day he bequeaths his possessions to his sons, that he must not bestow firstborn status on the son of the loved wife in preference to the son of the unloved, the true firstborn.

Deu 21:17   "But he shall acknowledge the son of the unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

You can clearly see that it is lawful to have more than one wife as long as your wives are not pagans or heathen who would bring their foreign Gods into your house to cause you to turn away from the worship of Abba YAHAWAH !!!

Jdg 8:30 Gideon had seventy sons who were his own offspring, for he had many wives

There are so many more instances that can be shown with regards to this issue, but remember if you follow the white man's christianity then you are under the dogma and doctrines of the Mother church and she says you as an African can only have one wife ! so thats what your pastor and the fake new testament will teach you.

Remember!

Mal 3:6   "For I AM YAHAWAH, I do not change;

This is a  future prophecy yet to come to pass, let's read :

Mic 4:2 Many nations shall come and say, "Come, and let us go up to the mountain of YAHAWAH, To the house of YAHAWAH ,Father of Ya’aqob; He will teach us His ways, And we shall walk in His paths." For out of Zion the law shall go forth, And the word of YAHAWAH from Yahrushalayim. 

Zec 8:21 The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, "Let us continue to go and pray before YAHAWAH, And seek YAHAWAH of hosts. I myself will go also." 

Zec 8:23 "Thus says YAHAWAH of hosts: 'In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a  Yahadaim man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that YAHAWAH is with you." 

Isa 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."

Salamah
Yisraylite   

That reply made it clear that it is lawful to have more than one wife, and even gives the remedy for any ill feelings that could develope.
Deu 21:15   "If a man has two wives, one loved and the other unloved, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the unloved, and if the firstborn son is of her who is unloved,

Deu 21:16   "then it shall be, on the day he bequeaths his possessions to his sons, that he must not bestow firstborn status on the son of the loved wife in preference to the son of the unloved, the true firstborn.

Deu 21:17   "But he shall acknowledge the son of the unloved wife as the firstborn by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the beginning of his strength; the right of the firstborn is his.

Having more than one wife is still practiced  by most traditional chiefs in Nigeria till this day and also Moslems . The key is being able to support a rather large family of multiple wives and children. So only those who are able financially to do this should be privy.

So the question then becomes does the TORAH stand on this issue or do we let Paul's letter to some Corinthian(non-African) people in Europe take precidence over our ancestral traditions? Remeber the Torah is the Authority here !

Salamah
Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 18, 2008
@yis
seen its all gravy ,think it ll be better if you dedicate a thread to explain what the torah and that is all about causei cant say i v heard that much bou it,if it deals with issues like having more than one wife then it will be beneficial to share what it has to say on other pertinent religious controversial issues,comes across as more of a xtian slant to me tho, wonder what the muslims have to say about it
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ Brasi

Thanks Bros for the kind words, If you would like to open the thread, I'll be glad to answer any questions anyone may have YAHAWAH willing !

For me this is more a way of life than a religion, Abba gave man this laws to obey and be prosperous while doing so or to go his own way and do his own thing and therefore deal with any repercussions that may come about by not taking heed to the instructions of peace, love and perfect unity.

So for all who believe in the Creator of mankind, it would be a wise idea to obey His Laws, since He knows best and would want the best for his creation man, this should be common sense because He never gave us the world of theologies and controversies

Salamah
Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by dudubobo1: 10:54am On Aug 19, 2008
Nairaland in being invaded by agents of . . . I dont know

lipsrsealed
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by hannydarl(f): 1:01am On Aug 21, 2008
The bible clearly stated when they asked jesus about divorce and marriage that men made all those divorce and multiple wives stuff up just for their selfish gains.Tell me if you dont plese your wife in bed properly cos yoy have them 3 or 4 as wives do they also have the right to go seek sexual pleasure somewhere else or is the sexual satisfaction in marriage meant for men alone?
Jesus clearly said when God made human he made them man and woman not man and women so God plan is for them to satisfy each other not for only one party to be recieving while the other is neglected.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 10:33am On Aug 21, 2008
[b]@hannydarl

The bible clearly stated when they asked jesus about divorce and marriage that men made all those divorce and multiple wives stuff up just for their selfish gains

Please carefully read my first post on this topic, So you mean to tell me that our founding fathers Ab-ra-ham (Father of Ham) Ya'aqob(Jacob) etc all married multiple wives because of their selfish gains and sexual pleasures?

Even though Abba YAHAWAH said this about Ab-ra-ham:

Gen 26:4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;

Gen 26:5 Because that Ab-ra-ham obeyed My Voice, and kept My Charge, My Commandments, My Statutes, and My Laws

Doesn't your New testament teach you that you are an adopted child of Abraham?

Gal 3:29 And if you [are] Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

From deductive reasoning then, your statement would imply that both you and your christ a under the blessings of a selfish man

If Abba YAHAWAH Blessed Abraham, then who are you to curse him by calling him selfish?

Who brought another woman into Abraham's house? was it Abraham? or was it his 1st wife Sarah?

Gen 16:3 Then Sarai, Abram's wife, took Hagar her maid, the Egyptian, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan.

Don't let your emotions get the better part of you, hence causing you to err,because you can't change history

Abba YAHAWAH'S Plan is for the earth to be filled with a righteous seed, A world full of His children who would obey and worship their DAD or FATHER or CREATOR or MAKER in spirit and in truth for all eternity.

Don't you obey and respect your Dad at home?, your earthly father who raised you?,so what about your Heavenly FATHER who created you?[/b]

Salamah
Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by hannydarl(f): 2:37am On Aug 22, 2008
Yisrayilite,
so if a man cant perform and ask his wife to do it with his friend to you its moraly right eh cos afterall it was the husband that brought the guy to her.Its a pity I cant realy trace where jesus told the people asking him about divorce and remarriage and marying multiple wives.Abraham was human so if he was selfish it shouldnt suprise you.the fact that he had Gods backing dint make him a saint on earth many people loved by God in the bible sinned david killed another man so he could marry his wife solomon was a womaniser moses had anger in him jacob stole his brother isaus's birth right,the prophet jonah asked to go preach to the people of nineveah wanted to hide from God and not go he was being dissobidient etc it doesnt mean that cos God has chosen to bless a man then the man must be sinless.Did abraham sleep with your mother to make you his son?so why do you think a man must sleep with lots of women for the prophesy of be fruitful and multiply to be fulfiled in his life?if your wife has 6 children and those six have 5 each those offspring are all your seed just as you are your fathers seed so be fruitful and multiply doesnt mean go sleep with as many women as you want.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by dudubobo1: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2008
God's word is clear on this.
Why should any man want trouble in his life by having more than one wife anyway? it's nothing short of stupidity to decide to have more than one wife, except if you dont want to love the women wholeheartedly. You cant love more than one person wholeheartedly
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by MisterMan(m): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2008
This thread has been extensively discussed sometimes last year in https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-78401.0.html. I noticed that instead of having a robust discussion, people were busy abusing one another. This is not really a good thing to do.

I am simply curious about the kind of bible Yisraylite is using. I wonder why, when quoting the bible, he uses 'strange' names like Yahawah. If you want to use Yahweh, why don’t you use Yahweh. Why do you keep referring to Jacob as Dawad etc. If is akin to referring to Olusegun Obasanjo Godwin Obasanjo. Would you want to refer to George Bush as George Igbo. This are things that one will feel a man should know.

At times I shudder at the kind of gutter language some people are used to. And some people are downright rude. Imagine somebody say: Wow ! you people are down right daft. How rude could some people be in the name of discussion. You can imagine Mazaje saying: hey Yisraylite go Bleep yourself or get laid you pussy starved muzzy punk. I guess people has got to have some manners.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by TPS360: 12:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
no no and NO,
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Yisraylite(m): 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2008
Shabbat Salam to all

@ MisterMan,

I am simply curious about the kind of bible Yisraylite is using. I wonder why, when quoting the bible, he uses 'strange' names like Yahawah.

I'm glad you asked, I use the Paleo Hebrew or Ancient Hebrew Torah(Original Hebrew before 585 BC).

As you can see the Paleo Show the Most Ancient NAme of the Creator as YAHAWAH, while modern Hebrew(Yiddish) versions changes the Name of The Creator to Yahweh. A change brought about by Elieazr Ben Yehuda the father of the so called modern hebrew also known as Yiddish.

Well the ancient hebrews never spoke Yiddish a far eastern European langauge spoken by the Khazers(Southern Russian,Polish,Bulgaria,German, etc)

They spoke the original hebrew now called Paleo hebrew as recorded on ancient cuniforms. See below

Notice the tranformation from the original to the so called modern

The early alphabets did not have a letter “J”.  First, you have Proto-Canaanite script. From that descended the paleo-Arabic, paleo-Aramaic, paleo-Hebrew, and the paleo-Phoenician. The Archaic Greek,  descends from the Phoenician.  And the Latin,  descends from the Greek. In time it changed to one more upright and with a slight curve to the bottom, instead of a sharp angle, about 1000 BCE. The Greeks made the letter a single, vertical stroke about 600 BCE. They named the letter an Iota. It makes the same Y sound of Yod, as a consonant, but also makes an I sound, as in index. The Romans gave the “I”  its capital form about 114 CE. When “I” was the initial letter in a word, they began making an ornamental, descending stroke to the left. This began in the 1200’s and became popular in the 1500’s. Generally the initial sound of I was as a consonant. Eventually, the Letter J came to denote the Y sound and I the I sound. The letter J became different from the I, in 1630, in England.

With the development of the letter J and the European use of the letter V for Waw, the corrupted spelling of Iehowah, became Jehovah.

There are several accounts to when the first use of Jehovah began. “But in the Middle Ages certain Christian theologians (the first known is Raymond Martin in 1270), copying the voweled tetragrammaton in transliteration, spelled it out to read JeHoVaH.” (The Universal Jewish Encyclopedia, 1905, Jehovah, Pg. 55)  “The pronunciation indicated by ‘Jehovah’ (J being pronounced as Y) has been traced as far back as Wessel (d. 1489), who used Johavah and Jehovah, and Petrus Galatinus, confessor of Leo X. (1513-21).” (The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge, Yahweh, pg. 470)  In 1516, Pietro Columna Galatinus (1460-1540), Pope Leo 10th’s confessor, wrote a book titled, “De Arcanis Catholicae Veritatis (Concerning Secrets of Universal Truth). In his book, written in Latin, he introduces the spelling of Jehovah. “It was contested by other scholars as being against grammatical and historical propriety”. (Oxford English Dictionary, Jehovah. Encyclopedia Judaica, Galatinus.)

In Biblical Hebrew, Samaritan Hebrew Waw was a W/You. Greek did not have a V, neither did Akkadian, Arabic or Ethiopic, Waw is W. An old Persian syllabary, in cuneiform, has a wa and a wi, but no v's, yet later Persian did.

Why do you keep referring to Jacob as Dawad etc. If is akin to referring to Olusegun Obasanjo Godwin Obasanjo. Would you want to refer to George Bush as George Igbo. This are things that one will feel a man should know.

Please quote your source. I never referred to Jacob as Dawad    Ya'aqob(Jacob) and Dawad(David)

Let your heart not be troubled or be overly upset over a little family spat b/w Mazaje and myself, we're brothers and we're good,  grin sometimes the words may appear brash and extreme both the intent is always a right one. If you check all my posts, I really don't have any honey,candies or sweets for anyone, I do the dirty work,I put up the scripts most people want to either ignore or the laws they willfully do away with and this is not the popular thing to do.

There a saying that goes like this" The truth is bitter" .

Neh 9:30 Yet for many years You had patience with them, And testified against them by Your Spirit in Your prophets. Yet they would not listen; Therefore You gave them into the hand of the peoples of the lands

When people perceive a message to be against their actions they usually don't take it very well, most of Abba YAHAWAH'S messengers were not popular,case in point:

2Ch 24:18   Therefore they left the house of YAHAWAH, FATHER of their fathers, and served wooden images and gods(elohim); and wrath came upon Yahadah and Yahrushalayim because of their trespass.

2Ch 24:19   Yet He sent prophets to them, to bring them back to YAHAWAH; and they testified against them, but they would not listen.

2Ch 24:20   Then the Spirit of YAHAWAH came upon Zechariah the son of Yahyada the priest, who stood above the people, and said to them, "This is what YAHAWAH says: 'Why do you

transgress the commandments of YAHAWAH, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken YAHAWAH, He also has forsaken you.'"

2Ch 24:21   So they conspired against him, and at the command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the house of YAHAWAH.

This is NOT A POPULAR MESSAGE FOR ONE TO CARRY, HOW MANY CHURCHES ARE TEACHING PEOPLE TO OBEY THE CREATOR'S LAWS OF PEACE, LOVE AND UNITY?

So now please now bear witness to the Truth:

Psa 119:142   Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and Your Law is Truth.

Psa 119:151   You are near, O YAHAWAH, And all Your commandments are Truth.

Psa 119:172   My tongue shall speak of Your word, For all Your commandments are righteousness.

Psa 19:7   The law of YAHAWAH is perfect, converting the person;The testimony of YAHAWAH is sure, making wise the simple;

Psa 19:8   The statutes of YAHAWAH are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of YAHAWAH is pure, enlightening the eyes;

Psa 19:9   The Reverence of YAHAWAH is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of YAHAWAH are true and righteous altogether.

Isa 8:20   To the law and to the Prophets! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them

Pro 28:9 One who turns away his ear from hearing the Law, Even his prayer is an abomination.

In spite of  The TRUTH as given by YAHAWAH recorded in the Torah, man is free to choose his own  path, so believe what you may, This Truth shall never be done away with for it is Perfect !

Shabbat  Salam  smiley

Yisraylite
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by lucabrasi(m): 11:19pm On Aug 23, 2008
@yisrai
i disagree with your surmission you have based on GOD's promise to abram,he needed to marry multiple wives then because of the need to replicate,all the reasons that would have been legitimate these many moons ago are not the same today,apart from the fact that its not right ,there is no reason for a man to have multitudes of children and if abram or abraham was alive today,imsure he would have stuck to a single wife
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by bobskies16: 10:33pm On Jul 01, 2012
Wow. What an amazing lack of fact from so many of you!

So many opinions but no evidence to back it up with. Ignore all the womens relies, because they're bias toward there own gender and refuse to see they have a different God given role form men, in society, as they have been brought up under the illusion of political correctness and a false sense of equality. We are both equal in value to God, but men have vastly different roles than women. That's why polygamy was perfectly acceptable by God back in the old testament.

And for some fact - 1 Timothy actually says that leaders should only have 1 wife. Nowhere does it say that the ordinary Christian man should stick to 1 wife. The 1 man and woman is true in a spiritual sense, that a man and woman can have a spiritual connection which should be kept to the confines of marriage. But it doesn't state how many marriages. Only that there should be 1 man.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Ayomivic(m): 8:12pm On Jul 02, 2012
mekaboy: Hello my fellow nairalanders.

Please i want to know if it is a sin for a christian man to marry more than one wife, i mean , not divorcing any, i know david did and it was not a sin and solomon the wisest man did and it was not a sin, so why will it be a sin today.

Because i think instead of a married man to go and have an affair with another woman, why not marry her too if u can afford it ? because from my point of view, i dont know if one woman will be enough for me ooo. LOL

Jusk joking, but let me know your opinions Please,

There is no law from God that says you should not marry more than one wife.You can't see that law in Bible. Many people in the Old Testament married more than one, but the New Testament does not encoraged having more than one wife that shows another diffrence between Old and New testament.The New testament does not see the Earth as home of Christians. Christians are travellers that must past through the Earth before geting to their abode and there are so many hindrances that can prevent Christians from reaching where they are going.Among these hindrances is FLESH. The New Testament emphazised more on holiness,whithout holiness no one can see God.

We all know that adultery, furnication are sins and Jesus also added something that was not in law that if you lust after woman you have comitted sin in your heart. Although, that is different to marrage because if you married you have access to everything of that woman .

If i may ask,why do you want to have second or more wives?Is it because you want to have many children,is it because you love them all or to satify your sexual desired. If to satify your sexual desire then, there is element of furnication in you and that make you non-christian, believe me if there is spirit of furnication in you having many wives can not make you satify your sexual desire or what make one man have seventy or ninety wives?

Gideon and Solomon that have many wives ,if they do not commit furnication they would make their women to suffer or to commit adultery because they can not sexually satify them.

Polygamy is not a christianity way of life because love is totally eradicated from it. Where was love amongs Abraham's wives, Sarah, Hagai and Keturah when their children were not living together? I wonder if Hagai would just go and seat without husband where he went after she leave Abraham's house. So the answer to question is 'No'
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by VIJAYCHAITANYA: 10:42am On Aug 22, 2012
yehsua (Jesus) never said though shall not marry more than one woman and even in the old testament or in the new G-d did not condemn any man marrying more than one woman marriage is better than adultery yeshua did not come to change the law but to reestablish it he did it on the cross and resurrection by the way man shall marry woman G-d condemns divorce but not marriage the two shall become 1 means having sex its 1x1x11x1x1x1=1 but the difference in man and women in marriage is that woman is married to man , man takes women in marriage the one man one woman is just an ideology YHWH's word doesn't change with time his word is everlasting hos word(DAVAR) became flesh CAN ANYONE SHOW ME AT-LEAST ONE VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS ONE MAN CANNOT MARRY MORE THAN ONE WOMAN OR ONE:ONE ITS JUST EXTREMISM AND AN ACT TO IN-SCRIPT FEMINIST IDEOLOGY INTO THE BIBLE AND FEMINISM IS SATANIC A MAN CANNOT MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN WITHOUT TELLING HIS WIFE OR THE OTHER WOMAN THERE SHOULD BE MUTUAL ACCEPTANCE
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by VIJAYCHAITANYA: 10:46am On Aug 22, 2012
[quote author=VIJAY CHAITANYA]yehsua (Jesus) never said though shall not marry more than one woman and even in the old testament or in the new G-d did not condemn any man marrying more than one woman marriage is better than adultery yeshua did not come to change the law but to reestablish it he did it on the cross and resurrection by the way man shall marry woman G-d condemns divorce but not marriage the two shall become 1 means having sex its 1x1x11x1x1x1=1 but the difference in man and women in marriage is that woman is married to man , man takes women in marriage the one man one woman is just an ideology YHWH's word doesn't change with time his word is everlasting hos word(DAVAR) became flesh CAN ANYONE SHOW ME AT-LEAST ONE VERSE IN THE BIBLE THAT SAYS ONE MAN CANNOT MARRY MORE THAN ONE WOMAN OR ONE:ONE ITS JUST EXTREMISM AND AN ACT TO IN-SCRIPT FEMINIST IDEOLOGY INTO THE BIBLE AND FEMINISM IS SATANIC A MAN CANNOT MARRY ANOTHER WOMAN WITHOUT TELLING HIS WIFE OR THE OTHER WOMAN THERE SHOULD BE MUTUAL ACCEPTANCE http://yourarmstoisrael.org/Articles_new/notes/?page=Biblical_Marriages&type=2
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Miriam12345: 5:22am On Jan 07, 2013
What is jealously creeps in and this is taught to the children? What if the wives are not cared for properly? Scripture addresses all these human feelings, traits, weaknesses. They will always be there. Scripture also says we can eat meat but is it wise? All things are lawful but are they good? We have to also look at the will of God for our lives . When it says "Be fruitful and multiply" it does not say have 34 children from 4 wives! Multiplying simply means one has to increase which means 3 children minimum. This can easily be attained by ONE wife. Biblical Law does not say "One MUST marry 2-4 wives. In fact there is NO such Law. Our Patriarchs and Fore-Fathers had more than one wife simply because they were building tribes to survive. They were our leaders and needed those after to follow, to lead. This was not so with the 1,000's of others around them who were not required at all to have more than one wife. Kings did, as Abraham. Just as the Nazarite Law is not obligatory,but wise, we can not follow it to the letter as there is no temple to take the sacrifice required after the end of the vow. Modern Nazarites simply "make a sacrificial giving " of kind to a needy person for example. Likewise, in this modern day, the Lord does not require men to have many wives to bring about his will, his plan, to increase holiness of his kind.
Re: Can A Christian Marry More Than One Wife? by Miriam12345: 5:22am On Jan 07, 2013
What is jealously creeps in and this is taught to the children? What if the wives are not cared for properly? Scripture addresses all these human feelings, traits, weaknesses. They will always be there. Scripture also says we can eat meat but is it wise? All things are lawful but are they good? We have to also look at the will of God for our lives . When it says "Be fruitful and multiply" it does not say have 34 children from 4 wives! Multiplying simply means one has to increase which means 3 children minimum. This can easily be attained by ONE wife. Biblical Law does not say "One MUST marry 2-4 wives. In fact there is NO such Law. Our Patriarchs and Fore-Fathers had more than one wife simply because they were building tribes to survive. They were our leaders and needed those after to follow, to lead. This was not so with the 1,000's of others around them who were not required at all to have more than one wife. Kings did, as Abraham. Just as the Nazarite Law is not obligatory,but wise, we can not follow it to the letter as there is no temple to take the sacrifice required after the end of the vow. Modern Nazarites simply "make a sacrificial giving " of kind to a needy person for example. Likewise, in this modern day, the Lord does not require men to have many wives to bring about his will, his plan, to increase holiness of his kind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mike And Gloria Bamiloye Attend Daughter's Convocation In Babcock (photos) / The Church Being Built By Governor Dickson In Bayelsa - Photos / Gloria And Mike Bamiloye Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 151
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.