Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,450 members, 7,808,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Customised Plate Numbers - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Customised Plate Numbers (10108 Views)

Old Plate Numbers To The New Plate Numbers How Much Will It Cost? / Get Your New Plate Numbers / Personalised Plate Numbers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customised Plate Numbers by Chxta(m): 12:41pm On Jun 24, 2006
What is a customised plate number? A way of 'showing' oneself. A way of telling people that I've arrived. Where a normal license plate costs somewhere between N1500 and N5000 (minus the bribes of course) a customised license plate goes for at least N50 000.

A friend of mine once railed against the concept of plate customisation on the grounds that the person in question would be a very easy target for assasins. My response to him was hey, that's their headache. If they want a customised plate, so be it. They can worry about the assasins later. Afterall as they say, more money more problems.

In my view a customised license plate gives an insight into the mindset of the owner of the vehicle, and if you tru to figure out what he wants the world to see about him, you then get to know a lot about where the man stands and what he is all about.

Yesterday night I went get U from her office. While I was waiting outside, this sleek black Mercedes Coupe pulled up and dropped someone. What caught my attention wasn't the car (it is a very fine car by the way), but the plate number. The curiosity in me made me walk up to the discharged person, and the following conversation ensued:

Me: Good evening.
Person: Good evening.
Me: Don't be offended, but I have a question to ask you.
Person: Shoot.
Me: Who is that that dropped you?
Person: I can't tell you that.
Me: Did you notice his plate number?
Person: No, what was it.
Me: ,
Person: So?
Me: Do you know what that means in Latin (Roman numerals actually)?
Person: No.
Me: ,
Person: Shit! I always guessed something was wrong with that man.
Me: So can you tell me who he is?
Person: No, I really can't. All I can tell you is that he is a senator in Abuja.
Me: Hmm, that's interesting.
Person: Na wa o.
Me: Thanks anyway, have a nice night.
Person: Yes, have a nice weekend. But I thought you wanted to price me.
Me: No, I'm married.
Person: That's a shame. You look like you need me.
Me: No not at all, nice meeting you anyway.
Person: You for still try sha.

That ended the conversation.

For those who are wondering, the plate number in question was in Roman script that is Roman numerals: DCLXVI.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by layi(m): 3:07pm On Jun 24, 2006
Thats 666. Is this for real? shocked
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by layi(m): 3:16pm On Jun 24, 2006
GOD Help us.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by salehm(m): 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2006
So this 666 of a thing is true? lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 24, 2006
:-x
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Seun(m): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2006
"But I thought you wanted to price me" "You for still try now." hehe!

I can't see any "666" in Chxta's original post.

UPDATE Ok, now I get it.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by diddy4(m): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2006
hmmm, nawa ooo. there is nothing i wont see. 666 as plate number. ok ooo.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by jgirl3: 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2006
Wow, that is scary
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Shagari2(m): 4:23pm On Jun 24, 2006
Whats so scary about it, I think its cool cool , the mans got a sense of humour grin , we're too quick to judge angry .
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by jgirl3: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2006
sense of humour with the devil's number abi?
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Shagari2(m): 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2006
hunhun
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by jgirl3: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2006
666 is an evil number - there is no sense of humour at all in using it. Why play with the devil?
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Shagari2(m): 4:37pm On Jun 24, 2006
Its just a number J-girl, it may be stigmatised and it may strike fear into us but the truth is, its whats comes between 665 and 667.

1 Like

Re: Customised Plate Numbers by jgirl3: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2006
btw 665 and 667 - it is 666 which is also designated as an evil number. Out of all the numbers that he could use why was it 666 that came to his mind? That is not just some random number, he meant something by it
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by bumbaby(f): 5:05pm On Jun 24, 2006
Forget it that person is just Evil as in there are sooooo many other word or numbers he would have used y that one?
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by desiree(f): 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2006
Joke on wink wink
666 ke!!!
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by kajad(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2006
@ chxta, Questions for you

Did you go there to buy market?

How come you sit around a waiting for someone in a red market?

Why does the girl think you really need to buy the product?

Abeg leave number plate and answer my questions?
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2006
adexxi smiley (is the one i would like)
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Idekeson(m): 4:13am On Jun 25, 2006
What if 666 is written in Chinese, Arabic or Hebrew. Can the Christian devil still claim the sign since they don't believe in the bible. Just wondering.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 4:16am On Jun 25, 2006
666 has significance. it depends on what you know
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Idekeson(m): 4:35am On Jun 25, 2006
adeoba:

666 has significance. it depends on what you know

It's just the number after 665 and before 667. Easy and simple. No innuendos.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 25, 2006
na wah o
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 25, 2006
do you count in binaries (0001111 etc)? try it. you'll nbegin to see things in another light entirelylly smiley
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Nobody: 6:27am On Jun 25, 2006
i will also like ASO.com
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Chxta(m): 9:25am On Jun 26, 2006
kajad:

@ chxta, Questions for you

Did you go there to buy market?

How come you sit around a waiting for someone in a red market?

Why does the girl think you really need to buy the product?

Abeg leave number plate and answer my questions?

Read well my friend. I was waiting in front of my wife's office to pick her up and the guy dropped the female just there. There are no rules as to where you can drop off a pro, and besides, streets like Adeola Hopewell and Sanusi Fafunwa which are so respectable in the daytime are something else at night.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Cade(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2006
[size=12pt]Back to the core issue of Customised Number plates, someone around Ikj toots around in a jeep with the ID GOD. I was flagerwhelmed first time I saw it. should there not be a limit? cool cool  
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Hugoboi(m): 6:54pm On Jun 27, 2006
Dats thecase.I ran into a ruffian in an sclass mercedez.Guess his numba?"godfirst", Amazing aint it
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by hotangel2(f): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2006
I'd like to get one that says LIZZY.

When i turned 16, i told my dad. Shiit was as expensive as Only god knows. I was like, abeg jo, I don't want anymore. BTW, my dad wasnt abt to waste that whole amount on some customized plate number.

I think it's tight if u can change it, maybe if u r going just for fun trip or something. But not like permanent. I mean it's tacky sometimes.

Chxta, u for try small now. hanhan, u just stopped the poor girl and got all up in her grill without passing her some. wink cheesy cheesy

Im just kidding oo. I know u r married.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Mystique(f): 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2006
Doesn't make him the Anti Christ does it, ? shocked shocked
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by naijaflyer(m): 4:31pm On Jun 28, 2006
Well I actually know the senator with that plate. His Rolls Royce actually just has the numbers "666" and nothing else. shocked clue: He's from Imo state and Chxta can't stand him.
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Mystique(f): 7:44am On Jun 29, 2006
@ Naija Flyer: Soooo, who's this famous Senator?
Re: Customised Plate Numbers by Chxta(m): 9:55am On Jun 29, 2006
Arthur Nzeribe!

Are you saying I was within a few feet from that bastard and I didn't shoot him? O my God. You've just spoilt my week!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Vehicle Hackney Permit Payment (15000ngn) / Armoured (Bullet Proof) 2010 Toyota LandCruiser VXR (Pre Order) / New Tokunbo Toyota Rav4 2008 Model

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.