Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney (27221 Views)

Poll: Is Chris Oyhakilome a Phoney?

Yes: 49% (40 votes)
No: 50% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / New Age Teachings Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome. Is It Right? / Chris Oyakhilome, Is He A Man From Satan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Truthonly(m): 4:23pm On Oct 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

@Truthonly
And since you decided to bring the writingsof John into this this is what John has to say about false teachings. It reminds me soooo much of pastor chris cheesy
1 John 4:1-5:
Discerning False Prophets
1 Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet[a] acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. 3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 5 Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them.

Verse 5 explains very well why people love listening to preachers like pastor chris. cheesy

Ok! And what happened with verses 2 & 3 ?

And what message in your view is of the world OR isn't of the world?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by ttalks(m): 4:43pm On Oct 22, 2009
Truthonly:

Wow, please divide the word to me. I'd like to know which one isn't inspired of the Spirit of God

Thank you in advance.

So you do not know that there were references in the scripture that were specifically to some people;such as the apostles?  shocked
You think everything there was in reference to you?

eg.
Luk 24:45-49
(45)  Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(46)  And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
(47)  And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
(48)  And ye are witnesses of these things.
(49)  And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

There are other stuff in the scriptures that are personal to certain situations occuring then. And also references in the scriptures that were nothing but greetings to specific people.

You can't build doctrine on somebody's wishes for someone else.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Truthonly(m): 4:57pm On Oct 22, 2009
ttalks:

So you do not know that there were references in the scripture that were specifically to some people;such as the apostles? shocked
You think everything there was in reference to you?

eg.
Luk 24:45-49
(45) Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
(46) And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
(47) And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
(48) And ye are witnesses of these things.
(49) And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

There are other stuff in the scriptures that are personal to certain situations occuring then. And also references in the scriptures that were nothing but greetings to specific people.

You can't build doctrine on somebody's wishes for someone else.

Get real guy!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2009
Truthonly:

Zechariah 1:17

17-Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem

Remember, Paul was erudite in the things of the law, however he had not the spirit and that is the unlocking key to the revelations of God. Brother dont be a student of the letter, but be a student of the Spirit; for the letter killeth, it is the Spirit that gives life.

Evidently you and your pastor are more learned in things of the spirit than Apostle Paul whom the lord personally called and taught his will. Delusion at it's very best. I laugh in convoluted tongues grin grin grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by ttalks(m): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2009
Truthonly:

Get real guy!

Look at you ! What do u mean by get real?
Isn't what i put up a fact?

Even, look at verse 48.Where u a witness to the things that happened then?

Isn't that strong indication that some things in the scripture were not in reference to you?

You can't just lump everything up and say they refer to u or us.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by ttalks(m): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2009
KunleOshob:

Evidently you and your pastor are more learned in things of the spirit than Apostle Paul whom the lord personally called and taught his will. Delusion at it's very best convoluted tongues grin grin grin

And it is this same Pastor Chris that said James did not understand the things of the spirit when he wrote the book of James.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by KunleOshob(m): 6:11pm On Oct 22, 2009
ttalks:

And it is this same Pastor Chris that said James did not understand the things of the spirit when he wrote the book of James.
Why won'the when James specifically warned against a lot of the heresies being practised in his church. Abi you know want make e protect his business against perceived adversaries.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Truthonly(m): 8:42am On Oct 23, 2009
KunleOshob:

Evidently you and your pastor are more learned in things of the spirit than Apostle Paul whom the lord personally called and taught his will. Delusion at it's very best. I laugh in convoluted tongues grin grin grin

When I said Paul hadn't the spirit, I was referring to the period before he met with Jesus. Of course he recieved the spirit after he met Jesus, thats the reason for the success of his ministry
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Truthonly(m): 8:46am On Oct 23, 2009
Slander, strive etc is evidence of canality; a growing one. You'll all come to the knowledge of the truth; we are praying
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Halliema(f): 12:00am On Dec 11, 2009
"a man of God"(pastor obadare) died recently and went to hell(bt wz granted 2nd chance by God to come bk 2 lyf), he saw pastor bimbo odukoya in hell and asked her what she wz doin there and she replied dat it wz coz of her dressing,hairdo lifestyles in general dat led her into hell fire(D story z in all around in the papers), so Pastor chris is the male version of pastor bimbo, God is nt only looking at the inside bt also the outside o.warn pastor chris!!! smiley
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2009
Pastor Obadare has now become your replacent for BIBLE
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Joagbaje(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2009
Halliema:

"a man of God"(pastor obadare) died recently and went to hell(bt wz granted 2nd chance by God to come bk 2 lyf), he saw pastor bimbo odukoya in hell and asked her what she wz doin there and she replied dat it wz coz of her dressing,hairdo lifestyles in general dat led her into hell fire(D story z in all around in the papers), so Pastor chris is the male version of pastor bimbo, God is nt only looking at the inside bt also the outside o.warn pastor chris!!! smiley

This is the problem with Nigerians. they feed from other peoples experiences. A man will see what he believes. God would send a woman to hell because she wore mini skirt!. is God now fashion designer?. that one is even small. some chave claimed they saw the rapture and only few were taken. these few dont wear make up,earings or perfumes. but those left behind wore all these things and did not cover their hair!. a mans experience is not the bible , we should judge all things by the word.
Galatians 1:8-9 says
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached un"to you, let him be accursed. [9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by nyabingi(m): 8:34pm On Mar 24, 2012
no strong reasons here for your criticism on the Man of God, its very wrong for you to say bad things against any man that professes the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, if you feel Pastor Chris is not doing it the way you want then the sky is large enough so get on the stage and do it your way because Christianity and heavenly race is personal not collective, we will all answer to the almighty someday individually so you cant say Pastor Chris led you to hell, I have been touched by his teachings after attending the national youth conference in 2003.

Even David in the bible had to personally kill the guy who brought the news of Saul's death even when it was obvious that the spirit of God had left Soul and he was rejected as king so dear ,ind you utterances and leave judgement to God.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by OmoPastor(m): 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2012
@ op

and what are you?

if the MOG is a phoney according to your theory, then show us how to do this thing!!!

it says so much about you if you can only yell at the sideline at people in the game!!!

ge t in the game dude if you think you can do better and stop blabbing rubbish!!!
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by Teegreat(m): 1:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
dudu-bobo:
@poster, you did not tell us exactly what he preached that was heretical. If he quoted scripture out of context once, is that enough reason to call him a phoney? (people make mistakes)

someone is judging him based on jerry curls. Jerry curls do not make or mar christian relationships with God. God looks at what we cannot see.

On the whole, I am not an apostle of Chris Oyahkilome but if you must criticise, you should make it objective. I really do not like this message of signs and wonders being preached these days.

We had 2 days of christian meetings here recently and because we had someone who had a gift of dream interpretation, lots of people attended on the first evening. The service was a normal teaching service where we had great exposition and practical points from the guest speaker.
Guess what? The next evening, the hall was not filled - simply because there were no visible miracles. It was shocking. Christianity is about the word of God and not just about signs because signs can be deceitful as we know that satan also has signs and wonders.

That is why Nigeria is the way it is despite churches in almost every 2/3 houses. The word of God does not seem to have a place in the hearts of Nigerians. They only go to church for miracles and to seek material wealth. Millions of christians on Sunday but none on Monday when they back to to work. They are only interested in their pockets during the week.

cry cry cry
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Is A Phoney by donnie(m): 7:29pm On Mar 18, 2022
As long as you preach this white Jesus capitalist gospel, you are not preaching the Kingdom and you are not against Lucifer. This is for y'all CE fanatics who keep digging up old posts and liking them. You'll get what you bargained for, since Seun will not allow us delete or hide old posts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Dr. Paul And Becky Enenche Celebrate 25th Wedding Anniversary(throwback Pic) / I Saw A Mermaid And Merman Having Sex / Bishop Kukah Joins Cultural Dance Troupe In His Home Town (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.