Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

This Is The Best Time To Buy/invest In The Stock Market - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / This Is The Best Time To Buy/invest In The Stock Market (817 Views)

Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion / Any Hope On The Stock Market: Will It Ever Pick-up Again? / Stock Market: Questions And Answers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is The Best Time To Buy/invest In The Stock Market by BEN8(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2008
HI EVERYONE,

I WANT TO USE THIS FORUM TO ACQUAINT THE HOUSE WITH THE RECENT HAPPENING IN THE STOCK MARKET.

The stock market witnessed a downward trend in recent time. The reason for this trend was due to a combination of factors arising from the policies of the regulatory bodies. Some of these factors include:

1. The recapitalization of stockbroking firms, which operators and investors view as unnecessary and uncalled for.
2. The withdrawal of margin facility by banks in compliance with CBN directive.
3. The CBN policy on uniform financial year for commercial banks.

The reaction of the investors to the above policies led to the general fall in prices of quoted equities and hence, the prolonged bearish trend.

However, in order to stabilize the market, the regulatory authorities have reversed the above policies which range from the recent suspension of banks uniform financial year end to the suspension of stockbroking firms recapitalization and the restoration of margin facility with the name custody account. No doubt this development will soon give way for full recovery and stability of the stock market.

It must be noted, that while the bearish trend persists, the fundamentals of most quoted equities remain solid, with improved and impressive results. This current scenario of the stock market is therefore an opportunity in disguise for both medium and long-term investors who understand the dynamics of the capital market.
It is buyers market for now, and I therefore advise that you consider the following underpriced stocks for your medium and long-term investment decision.

[table]S/N STOCK PRICE AS AT 18/08/08 (N)
1. FBN 27.01
2. UBA 27.45
3. OCEANIC BANK 18.7
4. BANK PHB 18
5. SKYE BANK 12.75
6. ACCESS BANK 14.79
7. DIAMOND BANK 12.3
8. IBTC 11.93
9. FCMB 14.19
10. COSTAIN 16.58
11. DANGOTE SUGAR 25.39
12. DANGOTE FLOUR 17.1
13. ECOBANK 5.94
14. GTBANK 21.99
15. GUINEA INSURANCE 1.72
16. LASACO INSURANCE 2.22
17. NEM INSURANCE 2.35
18. JAPAUL 4.54
19. STANDARD ALLIANCE 2.78
20. OKOMU OIL 28.95
21. REGENCY INSURANCE 1.38

MAY GOD PROSPER YOU IN YOUR QUEST FOR GREATNESS.

FOR MORE INFO CONTACT:
MISSION SECURITIES LIMITED
152/156, BROAD STREET, LAGOS
TEL: 08022119978, 01-2667727, 2664133
E-MAIL: INFO@MISSIONSECURITIESLTD.COM, BERNARDNJOKU@GMAIL.COM
Re: This Is The Best Time To Buy/invest In The Stock Market by Tiekam: 3:31am On Aug 23, 2008
Ben, I will love to come over to Mission and make some investments. I could also transfer from some houses to yours.

My main drivers would be:

1. Your public spirit and membership of this forum
2. The possibility of my getting margin account.

Could you assure me of the margin facility if I come to open an account thrugh Mission?

Regards
Re: This Is The Best Time To Buy/invest In The Stock Market by BEN8(m): 2:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
Hi Tiekam,

In Mission Securities our watchword is customer satisfaction by rendering professional services and reasonable interest/profit on our client's investment. To this end, your requests shall be treated with absolute professionalism. call the mobile number and book appointment. i believe your desires shall be met. have a nice day.

(1) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Get My Intercontinental Bank Public Offer Certificate? / GTB Shares For Sale! Please I Need Help From Stockbrokers. Am In Abuja / Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.