Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading (23774 Views)

Please Convert This US Shoe Sizes To Nigerian Shoe Sizes / Top 10 Website To Start Your Online Importation Business And Make A Lot Of Money / !!b!!!!!!!bbbb!!!!!!!bbb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by umetz: 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2008
PLEASE WHAT DOES THE FOLLOWING LOT SIZES MEAN IN FOREX, AM A NEWBIE
AND SO ON
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by wealthcrea: 6:41pm On Aug 20, 2008
This is entirely money management method designed to control fx trader on how to manage their account for a profitable venture. Let say that the maximum risk you can take if you select anyone. You can learn more in www.fx-magic.info
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by Toks2008(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2008
Let me help you out in a lame mans illustration.

If you have 100usd to trade, trade with 0.01 lot making sure you dont risk more than 2usd or 3usd per trade which means stop loss at 20 or 30pips so lets say you are able to increase your trading capital to 1000usd, then start trading 0.1 lot making sure you don't risk more 20 or 30usd which means you will always stop your loss at 30pips maximum. If God Helps you and you are able to increase your capital to 10,000 then this is where the real forex trading starts because you can conviniently place 1 lot to trade where you make 10usd profit per 1pip(Every one digit move in a currency value) as against 10cents using .01 lot and 1usd using.1 lot.

So what happens when you now have up to 20,000usd trading capital, then you are made as you can place higher lots and make big money like 100usd per pips movement.

So lot sizes are just a yard stick to determine your level of earning per every trade you execute so it can be a factor in determining how big you earn and how big you lose if the trade goes against you.

I hope this explains your question.

Toks

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by sunshineky(m): 11:41pm On Sep 03, 2008
0.1 means 1mini lot ($100)
0.2 " 2 " " ($200)
"
"
"
1 means 1standard lot ($1000)
2 " 2 '" lots($2000)

So if u hav lets say $250- den u can only
trade max of 2minis.

if u have 630- u can trade max of 6minis.
but dat will mean tradin ur whole acct.
which is not good money practic.

u shld kep d risk down.
if u hav 230 den pls trade 0.05 - 5micro minis.

if u hav $1200- den u shld kep risk down by tradin
0.3-0.5.
reason is dat if u trade 1lot den a small loss can wipe
u out.

www.babypips.com- u can learn more.
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by phoneworks: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2008
Can I set stop loss and take profit in INSTANT ORDER?
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by Toks2008(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2008
Hi,

It seems you are a lazy learner. All these questions u are asking are rudiments of forex trading.

Please go to babypips,com to learn more.

You may add cutekorede@hotmail.com to ur chat list so that we can chat. I train people online.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by phoneworks: 10:53pm On Dec 02, 2008
Yap toks I have added you to my yahoo chat list
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by kidrun(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2008
0.1=$10,000 trading account size
0.2=$20,000 trading account size
1.0=$100,000 trading account size
and so on
your deposited funds(margin requirement) determine the lot size your broker will allow u to trade.go to google and search for more.
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by henryokoye(m): 2:02pm On Dec 03, 2008
Hi everyone,
nice question u asked there. i mean this is a question that if answers well by every forex trader would reduce losses they exprience in forex trading.

what do i mean by this statement? well, it is quite unfortunate that majority of forex traders in nigeria don't care about risk/money management even when they can state it theoritically but during implementation, they end up doing a different thing all together.

for u to be a good forex trader u must know what lots size means, how to use it to ur advantage and all the reply i have seen here really try their best in answering the question. and 'am not here to repeat what they have said but to show u how to manage ur account.

first, u must determine the strategy that u want to use, beleive in it and constantly follow it. 2ndly, u must define ur trading time and time frames that suit ur strategy(example if u are using daily pivot point, u must use it in small time frame and always remember that it is for the whole day. u don't need to calculate it or go to www.actionforex because there is automated one which u can just dump into ur platform folder). as for trading time, the currency pair u trade will help u determine this ie if u choose eur/usd-u should know the time this pair moves rapidly(from my exprience 8am via 10:30am and 2:30pm via 4:30pm). 3rdly, like one of the replies did say from $200 should use 0.05 lots/volume/size(50000lots)-meaning that if u use 30pips stop loss, u will only end up LOSING/gaining $15 which is 7.5% of ur total capital. BUT I PREFER USING NOT MORE THAN 5% OF UR TOTAL CAPITAL which is around 0.04 or 0.03lots. 4thly, whenever u loose, don't trade in revenge because if u do would amount to another loss(very important).

the essence is for u to grow ur account while learning and even when u loose 3 or 4 times in a row u wont have a margine call(meaning below required margin)

i know some people will be thinking that the profit will be too small but the main thing here is for u to learn while making small small profits.  with this small profit u get ur account to 100% profit, from there u increase ur lots size.

well, i guess i will stop here to continue later.
mekynohenrywhite@yahoo.com for any further question.

henryokoye
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by azeshu(f): 1:17pm On May 20, 2015
Join my free forex trading class
send your name to my whatsapp 08053557237
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by azeshu(f): 1:18pm On May 20, 2015
for daily forex signal on your whatsapp send signal to my whatspp 08053557237
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by azeshu(f): 9:10am On May 23, 2015
Get 250$ Bonus with insta forex trade trade forex and binary options.

To get the bonus click Maximum 250% bonus
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by fxstory(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2015
you can dig further about lot size online
Re: I Want To Know Abt Lot Sizes In Forex Trading by Achimaechi(m): 11:45am On Dec 29, 2017
cool cool cool

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Scarcity: Banks Suspend ATM Card Usage Abroad / Loan App Send A Fraud Message To My Hr Over Loan Default. Any Implication? / 5 Keys To Long Term Success In Your Business!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.