Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,928 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Nigerian Northern Gladiators - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Northern Gladiators (1041 Views)

Is This A Beauty Contest? - Northern Girls / History Of JUKUN People Of Northern Nigeria (A Must Read) / Pictures, Slight And Sound Of Northern Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Northern Gladiators by DeepZone: 5:31am On Aug 19, 2008
Dambe warriors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWF_ARr91bs

Notice the hand gloves. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 19, 2008
I stopped watching when I heard "does not leave the ring alive".
Some ppl are truly jobless o, they don't even get paid for this, I'm sure. Since it's ILLEGAL.
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by DeepZone: 5:38am On Aug 19, 2008
I stopped watching when I heard "does not leave the ring alive".
Some people are truly jobless o, they don't even get paid for this, I'm sure. Since it's ILLEGAL.
No, they get paid $1000 or $2000 per match and that is a big money for an urchin to risk his life especially when they are armed with juju. Tomorrow, someone will come here and claim the northerners do not love money so much.
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 19, 2008
But how can you live with yourself knowing that you violently drew blood out of someone else?
I don't get it, maybe it's cuz am too emphatic
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by DeepZone: 7:12am On Aug 19, 2008
But how can you live with yourself knowing that you violently drew blood out of someone else?
I don't get it, maybe it's because am too emphatic

No, it's because you are sure of your daily bread tomorrow. A hungry man is an angry man, Ever wonder why Area boys and okada riders in Nigeria are usually aggressive?
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
DeepZone:

No, it's because you are sure of your daily bread tomorrow. A hungry man is an angry man, Ever wonder why Area boys and okada riders in Nigeria are usually aggressive?
LOL! And here I thought it has something to do with the dust and the bad breath.
Re: Nigerian Northern Gladiators by DeepZone: 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
LOL! And here I thought it has something to do with the dust and the bad breath.
Noo, na suffer head.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies And Men, Be Respectful Of The Rules! / Do U Love My State? / Learn Your True African History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.