Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Embedded Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Embedded Programming (1309 Views)

Embedded Systems Tutorial For Beginners:experiment 4 (traffic Light System) / Embedded Systems: Future Of Electronics And Computer Engineering. / Embedded Systems (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Embedded Programming by Nairaface: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2006
Calling All Programming Gurus, Software Engineers

What is the best sw prog language to use for an embedded system.
Re: Embedded Programming by smartsoft(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2006
well it depends on what programming language you intend to use and the kinda Database you want use as well, that gives us a berif intro on what to say or delibrate on. abi my fellow programmers abi no bi so
Re: Embedded Programming by Nairaface: 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2006
good comments
Re: Embedded Programming by smartsoft(m): 3:36pm On Jun 25, 2006
Nairaface:

I have started working with C++ and I'll love to stick to it as I'm very comfortable with it. I would have loved to use VB.net as I'm more comfortabe with that, but, to the best of my knowledge, embedded programming is impossible with VB. Am I right?

If you are going to do this using c++, how do you use an Access file with it? I'm currently going through cplusplus.com to get info on this.

Thanks in advance

Well it's very possible and i don't work with C++ but it kinda easy to use Access file in VB
Re: Embedded Programming by Nairaface: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2006
Good comments
Re: Embedded Programming by parosky(m): 1:06pm On Jun 26, 2006
You can give some more detail so that we can know what's on your mind for the design. What kind of device? Does not look like the programming logic will be extremely difficult though.
Re: Embedded Programming by h4rdc0d3d(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2006
About the BMI, that one can be quite easy . You get the height and weight. You could have the BMI curve hardcoded in the watch memory. after collecting the
inputs, find the co-ordinates and display it on the screen of the watch. If you want, you can send me an email to see if we can do it . I am looking for a challenging thing to do, I am on summer hols now.
Re: Embedded Programming by Nairaface: 3:20am On Jul 02, 2006
good
Re: Embedded Programming by parosky(m): 8:37am On Jul 03, 2006
I wonder if there is any language that will not do justice to this piece. But I only write VB and java. The platform on which it will run will be the determinig factor. I assume you are thinking about some handheld devices which means C++,java will be OK
I can help get some things you 'll need but probably in one to two weeks as I'm into some thing for now. I can even try my hand on the project and show it to you if you don't mind. But it will be in VB.net or java.
Re: Embedded Programming by Nairaface: 8:46pm On Jul 07, 2006
Good comments

(1) (Reply)

Which App Can Be Used To Communicate On LAN? / Object Constraint Language (OCL) / Questions For The Seasoned Ms C++ Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.