Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33561 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dreeldee: 12:39am On Aug 20, 2008
abeg take am easy o tongue cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lailai2(m): 2:07am On Aug 20, 2008
our main obstacle-messi
solution- break his leg (albeit for like 2 weeks abeg cos i be barca fan)
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by TOYOSI20(f): 2:10am On Aug 20, 2008
I'm so nervous about the game. . . . . . . . embarassed

. . . . . . . .I think I'm going to be sick, . . . . . . .

But based on the prior match I trust 'em. . . . kiss
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by DDN: 4:30am On Aug 20, 2008
up my country Nigeria. it is our time to shine and no man, or country can take the llight away from us. Nigeria 2, Argentina 0.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by femzy(m): 5:13am On Aug 20, 2008
Please lets not use our previous match to judge the finals , the Argentines could as well lash those Belgians like 7 - 0.

Those guys just gave Brazil 3 unreplied goals. Our opposition was obviously cheap and even it was always forthcoming (that we would win).

I just hope we could win on Saturday. from the Argentines games so far which i have watched; their keeper is suspect.

Lets See Shaaaaaaa.

I pray Nigeria wins at least a consolation medal to brag about grin grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by BlackMamba(m): 5:23am On Aug 20, 2008
With all the poverty and brazen violent crimes in Naija most people are worried about winning a stupid soccer game in China. Are we under a spell or what? I read today that Yaraduah's mum was robbed in her bedroom. Bullion vans getting snatched in broad daylight and governors entourage ambushed by robbers. Any hope for this banana republic outside soccer? I guess not, with the explosion of ChelseaManUArsenal disease to keep the masses suffering and smiling.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dreeldee: 5:46am On Aug 20, 2008
BlackMamba:

With all the poverty and brazen violent crimes in Naija most people are worried about winning a stupid soccer game in China. Are we under a spell or what? I read today that Yaraduah's mum was robbed in her bedroom. Bullion vans getting snatched in broad daylight and governors entourage ambushed by robbers. Any hope for this banana republic outside soccer? I guess not, with the explosion of ChelseaManUArsenal disease to keep the masses suffering and smiling.
what has all these got to do with our winning Argentina? are u mentally challenged or something
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Aussie(m): 5:48am On Aug 20, 2008
i don't want to be sentimental about this and if we are to say the fact and judging by antecedents, Argentina will carry the day.

The fact remians, the Argentines and better than we do and except a miracle happen, Argentina will win the coveted olympic male football gold medal.

peace (hope i won't be banned ooo?)
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Olaolufred(m): 7:57am On Aug 20, 2008
Some are always failing in life because of one thing.

They are always living on the highway of pessimissm.

They are so pessimistic that they don't believe any feat is achievable.

They are always the most backward people ever known.

They always see themselves as GRASSHOPPERS, while their enemies are always GIANTS.

This set of societal "APOLOGY" did not see Nigeria qualify from the group stage.

When we qualified, they said Kallon and Gervinho will roast us.

When their hope was dashed they said Belgium who could stop Italy will beat us.

Now their hope has been double-dashed, what again?

It is Riquelme, Messi, etal that is their giants. They are the grasshoppers.

AS FOR LEGITIMATE NAIJARIAN, WE ARE GIANTS. WE WILL SHOCK THE WORLD AGAIN.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Olaolufred(m): 8:13am On Aug 20, 2008
Let us Remenber that NIGERIA is no longer a Baby when we talk of the Football.
Brazil Started KOREA-JAPAN world cup on a scrappy note to win the cup.
They improved with each game.
That exactly is how this Dream Team is.

Did the Argentine win convincingly in Holland 2005?
Was it not Nigeria that was dictating the play?
Was it not the conspiracy against the black race that made them award those penalties?
Why were they unable to score without penalty?

ANSWER: The argies are not good enough to do that.

Remenber, all you pessimists, that Messi and most of their present players were there in Holland.
Have they now turn to God who only need to command ball and make it roll into the net?
If they needed to cheat to win, then it is not that they are good.

Pessimists, you have all been dissapointed already, because non of you predicted us playing in the final.

Now I pray that you will be dissapointed again IN JEEEEEEEEEESUUUUUUUUUUS NAME. AMEN.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hollandis(f): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2008
onyinye2:

Hate it or Love it, The Underdog's On Top
And Nigeria gon' shine Argentina until they heart stop
(Go 'head envy us, We soccer's M.V.P.)
(And We ain't goin nowhere, so you can get to know We)

There is no doubt that Argentina has a step head before Nigeria when it comes to Defense. There is no doubt about that. But Nigeria has an advantage on offense because i have studied the Argentina's goalie and his reflex time is quite slow. So Nigeria could really use that as an advantage. . . . if they can get to the goal by bypassing their strong defense team. I still give it to Nigeria to do us proud and bring home the medal to its rightful home

At last something nice from you on Team Nigeria
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Fadajasi(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2008
5am ke
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by drossy(m): 8:59am On Aug 20, 2008
i hear the b oys are overaged (lol)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well, they certainly run faster than most "UNDERAGED" who play in great clubs!!!!!!!!!!!!! who else ls is overaged.??!!, let me guess, em, em, anichebe!!!!!!!!!! becos he weighs a hundred kg !!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by PoDeep(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2008
5 am?? Are u guys sure? How we go dey watch match 5 am?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2008
Reporting live from china our ex bbc sport reporter, Boniface Nnamani.
Presenter: Boniface what do you see in the Nigerian dressing room reports have it the players sat back there to watch the brazil game
Boniface: Nna men this thing has pass madu oh justu before the brazil match start the players and siasia were dancing Yahoozee in traditional ogene style oh right now the place don quiet like say them pour them ice water.
Presenter: Can you take us live into the room.
Boniface: Yes sir, eh emeka plug that fake microphone dia
(Naija dressing room)
Siasia: Vanzekin why you dey shake like that abi cold dey catch you?
Vanzekin: Oga no be cold oh abi na only me watch tv just now abeg who be that guy wey were 15, 1 bottle of shepe no go make me forget say e dey field oh!
Siasia: Idiot na messi be that and who say na only shepe you go shack, you go mix am with 3udeme and 1 odeku. Em ogbuke you don tell all the militants wetin to do.
Ogbuke: No shakin baba them dey ready to kidnap messi and aguero incase them still wan fall our hand
Siasia: Correct because we no fit loose both ways oh.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by quadrillio(m): 9:29am On Aug 20, 2008
one word.

NIAJA
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by smooooooth: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2008
you cant predict the outcome of a match thats yet to be played. it is not mathematics, and i have seen some of the best players in one single squad lose a game. this days football seems to depend on fate, and these time i see it smiling on us.

Messi or no messi, if the God of soccer says its 9ja then its 9ja, and if messi trys to stand against that, he may end up scoring an own goal if he does not bow to fate.

i predict a score line of 9ja 2 argie 1. and the winning goal will come in the dying minute.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by laolaw: 9:57am On Aug 20, 2008
One thing is that if the Ref is fair in his officiating,there is no way Arg would defeat Nig. Lets just pray 4 good Ref. No shaking. cool
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 10:17am On Aug 20, 2008
Reality will dawn on you guys soon.

Argentina 3 Nigeria 1 Sent off Apam.
Make una resort to name calling, i don't give a phuck
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hollandis(f): 10:31am On Aug 20, 2008
nyabinghi:

Reality will dawn on you guys soon.

Argentina 3 Nigeria 1 Sent off Apam.
Make una resort to name calling, i don't give a phuck

The meaning of nyabinghi in my dialect is A man who should have been an ewu cheesy
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kenniy(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2008
femzy:

Please lets not use our previous match to judge the finals , the Argentines could as well lash those Belgians like 7 - 0.

Those guys just gave Brazil 3 unreplied goals. Our opposition was obviously cheap and even it was always forthcoming (that we would win).

I just hope we could win on Saturday. from the Argentines games so far which i have watched; their keeper is suspect.

Lets See Shaaaaaaa.

I pray Nigeria wins at least a consolation medal to brag about grin grin

Are you serious?? how did you make that conclusion??  because that same belgium we beat 4-1 sent Italy out of the competition. Argentina was only able to beat Cote D'Ivoire 2-1 that we beat 2-0. They were only only able to beat Holland too 2-1.

Overall these set of statistics arent too conclusive, but it well indicates that they arent too fantastic. imho, they were able to beat Brazil 3-0 due to some other factors outside the feild of play (old rivalry and stuff, ) which will count well for us in the final since we are the ones that needs a revenge.

At lease, their fanstastic combo (Riquelme, Aguero, Messi, etc) havnt being able to beat somebody silly, save their win against brazil,
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by seeu(m): 10:45am On Aug 20, 2008
Football ain't war and we must not all agree on one thing. Is that not the reason why we are different and think differently.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by stanloski(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2008
I will not criticize anybody for saying Arg will win. They are the top team but I think some Nigeria people are too eager to write off our team. I believe the reason is simple- they are cowards and weaklings who prefer to to take the easy way out-throw in the towel rather than daring to hope. Imagine if Obama was one of these people he would never contest the presidency, he would give himself a jillion reasons why he would fail! He did not and this helps us understand the title of his book-THE AUDACITY OF HOPE. Nigerians this pessimism is also plaguing us in other areas of life for me i say I WILL DARE TO HOPE!ITS NOT JUST PATRIOTISM, ITS AUDACITY! ITS BRAVE! Sorry for the long post.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by AJITERU: 10:55am On Aug 20, 2008
seeu, you are very right but one thing is that no matter how poor our young lads are playing we're still here to support them because nobody expected these young guys to be in the quarter final not even to dream of final.In that case we must give them our full support.Nigeria please go for the victory because it has been destined for you by baba God.Up nigeria!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by cbjonstage(m): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2008
No cause for alarm Landers!!! i can see most of u r beginning to fall sick on this issue.

There is something in football dat most guys dont know, d more u defeat strong teams, d less

i can assure u guys, we are winning this year olympic football male tournament. everyone in our DREAM TEAM IV are goal scorers. this is a real dream come true. Someone is suggesting crippling Lionel Messi, which is not a gud idea, I HOPE I'VE FELLOW FOOTBALLERS IN DIS ROOM, when u'r after injuring ur fellow opponent player, u get messed up @ d end of d day. i've experienced and noticed this on several occasion. Dont even think of this again and advice a player to carryout dis task.

Nothing like GOD in football or God of soccer. I'm footballer and also a DEVOTED CHRISTIAN. A good team prepares very well to win a prize whether u believe me or not.

Our boys are prepared, whether argentina is unbeatable. we'll give dem a surprise package dat dey will ever regret for meeting us. WE ARE WINNING FELLAS.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1  cool  cheesy smiley
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2008
Someone said, the Argentines were not spectacular in Holland 2005, were the U-21 too superb then.
In the first match in Holland 2005, we played out a goalless draw with the samba boys, lost to the koreans, whipped a senderic inspired swiss team 3-0, scored a flukey goal against the ukrainians in the second rounr
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by yommys01(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2008
we are sure going to wipe the Argentines though I would have preferred the Brazilians but no Shaking Argentina go chop am I just hope Blatter and co are not against us as usual.

all football fans are invited to join http://soccerfanbase.com today
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Jaychuks(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2008
"See what Ghananians are saying about our team from the link below. bad belle.

http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=88323&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0"

I'm suprised that Ghanaians hate Nigerians like this, its so sad. When it was their turn, we gave them all the support but now, see their reactions. I think Nigerians should learn to be wiser!

Dream Team MUST Shame Ghanaians!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ify2love2(f): 11:24am On Aug 20, 2008
No two ways about it.

The dream team will come home with the GOLD medal.

Prediction? 2 nil (2 - 0) in favour of Nigeria of course.

Best luck to the Dream. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nyabinghi(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2008
Hollandis,

Your name/Id means fool in my local lingua. idiot
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by hollandis(f): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2008
nyabinghi or whatever ur local name is, Really stop embarrassing yourself .You are just a pure nairalander publicity seeking LovePeddler , there is not other way around it.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MrCrackles(m): 11:42am On Aug 20, 2008
hollandis:

nyabinghi or whatever your local name is, Really stop embarrassing yourself .You are just a pure nairalander publicity seeking LovePeddler , there is not other way around it.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

is she?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

AFCON: Super Eagles Receive Rousing Welcome As They Return Home From Egypt / Non-Nigerians React Harshly After Nigeria’s Loss To Argentina / Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.