Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33555 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Mmuo(m): 5:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
Just got the right time. chck here "http://www.fifa.com/mensolympic/matches/index.html" or "http://www.nbcolympics.com/soccer/resultsandschedules/day=15/index.html" U will see the time for the match.12 pm GMT that is 11am Nigerian time.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by sesan99(m): 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2008
exacttime is 5pm coz china is 8hours behinde, so it can be 5am
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Tollyojo(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2008
messi and aguero must be taken care of for Nigeria to win
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by McKren(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2008
Let know one decieve themselves

the match is 05:00 GMT

i.e. 5am Nigerian time on Saturday

Let the match decide whether this view of Messi being invincible is real or an illusion.

So long as Sani Kaita stays tight on Riquelme, and we have our wing forwards helping out our wing backs in terms of marking Aguero will be negligible.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by prince84(m): 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2008
the New dream team has realy done all Nigerians and africans as a whole proud,am for you guys all the way.

we need to be alot more focussed and clinically especially in the defense and attack.

messi is good,but he is not invinsible and he can be handled, the problem we might have is we concentrated on messi and aguero, and forget that its all about 11 players.

All the nigerian boys should put in there best and play like there is no tomorow at the end of 120 mins they will be winnes.

Coach siasia keep doing what you doing its working.

@ obasi,nsofor n osaze guys should do your best.
@ the keeper,apam and adeleye, messi no be witch so dont be scared of him.but be careful he is trickish.
@ the other players do your best.
@ ref no wayao, no magomago else we go sanction ur kidnapp.

let the best team win, which of course is nigeria.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by sesan99(m): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2008
the correct time is 5am, is on espnsoccernet.com
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by McKren(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2008
U know what I will go to ladbrrokes and bet on our boys

[size=16pt]We will take the match to the Argentines and we will lead then in number of goals from the begining of the match to the end.[/size]
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by femzy(m): 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2008
lets brag less and pray more
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by RuuDie(m): 6:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
femzy:

lets brag less and pray more

Spot on man. . . . . . can't put my money on naija 4 this one - guess all we can do is pray!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lalaboi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 20, 2008
at least 1 penalty for argentina!

our full back are actally wingers not defenders! messi will dribble them like mad dat day!

but no worries! hope vanzekin will be at his best dat day!

c'mon naija!!!!! lets do this thing na!! cool
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bigfather(m): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2008
lalaboi:

at least 1 penalty for argentina!

our full back are actally wingers not defenders! messi will dribble them like mad that day!

but no worries! hope vanzekin will be at his best that day!

c'mon naija!!!!! lets do this thing na!! cool

Everybody keeps shouting messy abi na merci or na messi sef . N a only the guy go play that day ? Have you forgotten how the guys pocketed KALON ( Ivorycoast) !
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lalaboi(m): 6:34pm On Aug 20, 2008
kalou to messi?? u must be drunk!

its time seun starts 'veryfying before posting'! lol
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by beewhyfocs(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2008
With the offensive technique I know God wiil help us. Just need to watch out for the Argentine's pretentious way of wooing favour from refferre.

This is Nigeria only hope of getting a gold!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by javalove(m): 8:54pm On Aug 20, 2008
and Messi;s killer passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God help us
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by adaydayji(m): 10:00pm On Aug 20, 2008
dream team iv had gone a long way,it seems that they are getting stronger by each match but my fear is their loss of concentration wen it matters. sad.actually.those boys had a date with history,i pray dat no matter wat happen,weddings,namings and other social gatherings wont be dull. let somebody shout HALLELUYAH!!!! cheesy
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by dominique(f): 12:55am On Aug 21, 2008
messi's diving skills is going to show at least twice, i'm sure there'll be biased officiating but lets hope it wont be like 2005 junior world cup finals. anyway sha, God pass them.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Iyineda(m): 1:00am On Aug 21, 2008
To those who still aren't convinced what time the final is going to be played :
IT WILL BE PLAYED AT 5 AM (Naija time) hence at 6 am over here (in France). Please check fifa.com to confirm the time yourselves if still not convinced. wink
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by wamby(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2008
NAIJA WILL WIN THE GAME,
BUT ITS QUITE UNFORTUNATE WITH THE TIMING 5;OOAM.
I PRAY I DON MISS THE GAME
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by itsolajide: 10:56am On Aug 21, 2008
I SEE LIONEL MESSI IN TEARS AS HE IS BEING DECORATED WITH THE SILVER MEDAL, AMEN.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2008
first of all, the dream team must be commended for a wonderful job making it to the final.

now, for my prediction on this match, to be honest i'm really not sure.

this match will really be a tactical test for siasia cos the argies are very technical.

most people make the mistake of focusing on only messi and riquelme. How bout mascherano, who's goin to be contestin for every ball in the middle of the field, how bout fernando gago, who is also goin to be contesting for
every ball in the midfield (in addition to his ability to also pass the ball very well), and how bout pablo zabaleta, who switches seamlessly from defence to midfield/attack.

the match is goin to be a tough one, i hope naija wins, we have to very focused and not lose concentration even for one moment cos most of the players on opposing side are very technical/experienced.

i also hope we will be looking into how to deal with set pieces cos u can bet that the chief culprit (messi) will look for a lot of free kicks around the penalty area for riquelme to try and score.
i also pray that whoever is goin to be our left full back would have an inspiring game, cos messi always plays on the right side of midfield and cuts in to the left so that he can have shooting chances or make the opposition conceed free kicks/PENALTIES.

any way in God i trust. Naija shall win the match. nothin do us.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 21, 2008
does anyone know wot time and day the match really is

In naija here radio and tv stations say the match is on saturday by 5am. i checked soccernet.com and it says the match is on friday by 5am.

someone pls clarify.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Mpele(m): 12:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
The Nigeria I saw on tuesday is the Super Eagle that we used to adore in South Africa. What a brilliant perfomance by the baby eagles. I must confess, my heart was bleeding when I realised the fact that Nigeria is miles ahead when coming to the development of football when compered to us (South Africa) I can safely say that Nigeria have a team that is going to surprise the world come 2010. When I watched the boys, what came to my mind was Rachidi Yekini, Steven Keshi, Jay Jay Okocha, Daniel Amokachi, Sunday Oliseh andof course Samson Siasia.

What I must emphasise is that African players normally let little success to go to thier heads. e.g. Nigerian squad that won gold in Atlanta 96 should've done better at France 98. The 2002 world cup Senegal side let their successful display to go to their heads. Most of them became big headed. They thought they've done it. Where are they now, they even failed to win the African Cup of Nations.

I wish the Nigerian FA could protect these boys and nature them into big stars. The world took notice of that perfomance.

Go baby eagles! Make Africa proud.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by cgift(m): 12:43pm On Aug 21, 2008
Mpele:

The Nigeria I saw on tuesday is the Super Eagle that we used to adore in South Africa. What a brilliant perfomance by the baby eagles. I must confess, my heart was bleeding when I realised the fact that Nigeria is miles ahead when coming to the development of football when compered to us (South Africa) I can safely say that Nigeria have a team that is going to surprise the world come 2010. When I watched the boys, what came to my mind was Rachidi Yekini, Steven Keshi, Jay Jay Okocha, Daniel Amokachi, Sunday Oliseh andof course Samson Siasia.

What I must emphasise is that African players normally let little success to go to their heads. e.g. Nigerian squad that won gold in Atlanta 96 should've done better at France 98. The 2002 world cup Senegal side let their successful display to go to their heads. Most of them became big headed. They thought they've done it. Where are they now, they even failed to win the African Cup of Nations.

I wish the Nigerian FA could protect these boys and nature them into big stars. The world took notice of that

perfomance.

I am happy there are still some reasonabloe people in Africa! With this kind of support, i dont see why Africa wont conquer the world again come Saturday! At least it is 11 vs 11 or what ya think? grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by jodeci(m): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2008
Mpele:

What I must emphasise is that African players normally let little success to go to their heads. e.g. Nigerian squad that won gold in Atlanta 96 should've done better at France 98. The 2002 world cup Senegal side let their successful display to go to their heads. Most of them became big headed. They thought they've done it. Where are they now, they even failed to win the African Cup of Nations.

I wish the Nigerian FA could protect these boys and nature them into big stars. The world took notice of that perfomance.

You are great,thats the spirit,u have allowed maturity triumph selfishness and hatred as some closer african brothers have displayed.Thanks for ur contribution
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Mpele(m): 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2008
Nigeria must be weary of the Argentinians. We all know how dangerous they are. Nigeria must not commit many players foward. The South Americans can be dangerous when coming to counter attack football.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by vwvw(m): 1:14pm On Aug 21, 2008
‘3-1, nothing more that would be final score, the gold belongs to Nigeria’ a loud-mouthed bus conductor roared some hours after Nigeria had annihilated Belgium by four goals to one. ‘Why are you afraid of Argentina, we are as good as gold, Argentina had its time two years ago now is our time’ a female passenger two seats away from me boisterously announced. She was replying to chicken hearted men like me and a number of other travelers who were apprehensive of Saturday’s epic clash. One of the men quickly repented and asked that we all embarked on a vigil, however not a few laughed, http://connectafrica.[url][/url]
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by WhiteHalo(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2008
First of all, http://content.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/beijing/schedule.aspx?dc=FB&day=13 says its 12pm which is equal to 5pm (if you use our previous matches as a yardstick). But God knows that by 5 am, my alarm go don ring in case calculator nor work

Secondly, I've been following this thread from our USA match. So many people kept saying we'd lose. They said we'd lose to Ivory Coast, then they said we'd be out when Belgium came, but we kept going, and we kept improving.

Its enough reason to hope that we'd win Argentina. If we don't, I'd cry bucket, no how. But I don't believe in digging my grave while I'm healthy and standing. Many people are dying before we've reached there.

We are not cocky, but we are not going to be walked over either, with God's help, and if we improve with each match, then our improved level would tide us over come Saturday.
The only thing is, let us not draw with them to extra time. Let's get the early two goals, and hold them down.

May they receive one red card. No mercy for messi
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ayobase(m): 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2008
na do or die game oo!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ayobase(m): 2:06pm On Aug 21, 2008
White Halo:

First of all, http://content.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/beijing/schedule.aspx?dc=FB&day=13 says its 12pm which is equal to 5pm (if you use our previous matches as a yardstick). But God knows that by 5 am, my alarm go don ring in case calculator nor work

Secondly, I've been following this thread from our USA match. So many people kept saying we'D lose. They said we'D lose to Ivory Coast, then they said we'D be out when Belgium came, but we kept going, and we kept improving.

Its enough reason to hope that we'D win Argentina. If we don't, I'D cry bucket, no how. But I don't believe in digging my grave while I'm healthy and standing. Many people are dying before we've reached there.

We are not cocky, but we are not going to be walked over either, with God's help, and if we improve with each match, then our improved level would tide us over come Saturday.
The only thing is, let us not draw with them to extra time. Let's get the early two goals, and hold them down.

May they receive one red card. No mercy for messi

Mercy oooo!!!!
My Fear!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by solazo: 2:09pm On Aug 21, 2008
saturday is the d-day. argentina will fall YAKATA.[b][/b]
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by xyoun: 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2008
PREDICTION OF POSSIBLE AFTERMATH OF FINALS

1, Messi breaks Leg as a result of ADELEYE 2footed challenge
2, Maradona becomes A NIGERIAN CITIZEN
3, Yar Adua becomes a FOOTBALLER with OCEAN BOYS
4, Michel is replaced with NSOFOR at CHELSEA F.C
5, SIASIA becomes Coach of ARSENAL next week
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by xyoun: 2:28pm On Aug 21, 2008
ayobase:

na do or die game oo!!

i predict some players go really die that day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

AFCON: Super Eagles Receive Rousing Welcome As They Return Home From Egypt / Man United fans mock De Gea after Messi's shot slipped under him / Heavily Pregnant Adaeze Yobo Working Out With Boxing Gloves [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.