Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,100 members, 7,807,303 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33557 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Imani(f): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
As a staunch Nigerian fan, i wish the Super Eagles, [s]otherwise known as super chickens sometimes[/s] ,all the best on Saturday. I would love to watch the match if only I can overcome sleep grin

Don't mind singing "Don't cry for me Argentina" after the match. cool
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Uche2nna(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2008
MandingoII:

Argentina 3 - Nigeria 0

Nigeria is  going to be nervous and inept - and "happy" to be there.

Totally disastrous

Everybody is entitled to having an asshole.

Going by other predictions (including that of some Nigerians) , the Dream team should have left the tournament in the quarter final stage when they squared up with the CIV. All I heard was Gervinho this, Gervinho that. Now the tune has changed to   Messi this, Messi that.
Messi and co are good and that is why the Argies are in the finals. Obasi and co are also good and that is why the Dream team is in the finals as well.

I remenber the Atlanta 96 team that squared up with a brazilian team that had Carlos, Bebeto and the indefatigable Ronaldo. Even some TV commentators wrote the Nigerian team off.  They easily forgot that we also had Kanu , Babayaro , Amokachi , Oliseh. Maybe because those names sound Nigerian  undecided
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nazzyon(m): 7:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
Uche2nna:

I remenber the Atlanta 96 team that squared up with a brazilian team that had Carlos, Bebeto and the indefatigable Ronaldo. Even some TV commentators wrote the Nigerian team off.  They easily forgot that we also had Kanu , Babayaro , Amokachi , Oliseh. Maybe because those names sound Nigerian  undecided

It was not because of their name; it is because they were not as popular as popular as the Brazilians then., and

If you look at the present Argentine players; their squad is made up of Stars and most especially Mascherano & Lionel Messi , a contender for World best player twice in a row.

Our boys did it back in 1996, lets hope that these boys will prove to the world that names & experience does not count in front Nigerian footballers.

It is a dream but we can make it a reality

Shalom
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by vicade(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
Guys, Naija is playing argentina in the final but what are our chances with Argentina having the likes of Pato(Ac milan),Lucas leiva, Riqueme,Messi,Aguero and Maschherano in their starting line up. I hope we win sha
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Uche2nna(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
nazzyon:

It was not because of their name; it is because they were not as popular as popular as the Brazilians then., and

If you look at the present Argentina players; their squad is made up of Stars and most especially Mascherano & Lionel Messi , a contender for World best player twice in a row.

Our boys did it back in 1996, lets hope that these boys will prove to the world that names & experience does not count in front Nigerian footballers.

It is a dream but we can make it a reality

Shalom

What r u talking about?

Lets take Kanu for instance, He had already won the Japan 93 with the Eaglets then and I believe he was part of the all conquering Ajax team that swooped Europe like a hurricane. At the time of the Olympics , he was headed to Inter milan. He might not have been the most popular player then but he sure was worth his weight in gold.
Lets not even go onto Oliseh or Amokachi who had already featured in US 94 world cup. Oops did I forget Jay Jay, Oh my!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
vicade:

Guys, Naija is playing argentina in the final but what are our chances with Argentina having the likes of [b]Pato(Ac milan),[/b]Lucas leiva, Riqueme,Messi,Aguero and Maschherano in their starting line up. I hope we win sha

grin grin grin grin grin
You are not credible. . . therefore your fears shouldnt be credible enough to worry about.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Hannibal: 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
vicade:

Guys, Naija is playing argentina in the final but what are our chances with Argentina having the likes of Pato(Ac milan),Lucas leiva, Riqueme,Messi,Aguero and Maschherano in their starting line up. I hope we win sha

Pato and Lucas play for Brazil.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by lalaboi(m): 7:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
are u sure about this time 5am
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by vichel(m): 8:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yea 5am for u london and naija pples, but here in da states, its 12am midnite. U know 5 hrs difference
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by nazzyon(m): 8:14pm On Aug 19, 2008
Super Sport 6

06:00 - 09:00 Soccer Football: Men's Gold Medal Match Live
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by javalove(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
We go beat them for sure

but all the sme sme wey dem dey do with belgium dey throw way goals anyhow no suppose happen oooo. Na argentina be this ooo if we get chance, na to hammer oooo cos if dem get am bfore us, dem no go hesitate.

i don deliver d message wey baba God send me ooooo. Eko o ni baje ooo!!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Cristalz(f): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
nazzyon:

Super Sport 6

06:00 - 09:00 Soccer Football: Men's Gold Medal Match Live

Same thang as 05.00am. . . they're an hour ahead of us in South Africa.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by bollingjoe(m): 8:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
nigeria is goin to defeat argentina provided isaac promise doesn't start the match. Go on boys and bring home the gold
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
@lady

MSNBC showas matches live. Final at 11.00pm Central America Time
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 8:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
friday 11.00 pm
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by NobleOnye(f): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
c me! numbr 1 naija soccer critic.bt these guys have done welllllllllllllll!nywayz,i guess argentina is the end of their campaigne.goodluck lads! grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by deept(m): 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2008
they should see themselves as playing the game they love against 11 other players in another team. They should not let complex catch them.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by jumobi1(m): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
Messi would try to cause a penalty/red which would spoil game for us because he is good at that. I believe we'll suffer if we all try to stick to him cos we are scared of him. He kills teams when 2-3 people mark him then he just passes it off to an opeeeen player. But we are really better than them. I've seen quite a few teams burn Okonkwo @ LB. Messi is faaast.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
up naija
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
Recall what Messi did to us @ the under 21 level? two penalties in one match. But I think the players are more matured now and should be able to rise to the occassion?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by SamMilla1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
I have nodoubt Nigeria will triumph.
Nt gonna be an easy game though but the Argies can not match us strenght to strength.
The gusy should stay focused.
Avoid spot kicks near our 18 yard box and ogbuke and co will do teh job up front.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by camegirl(f): 8:56pm On Aug 19, 2008
men playing against boys and you guys are happy? when will Nigeria learn to live a straight life. 419ers. I hope and pray Argentina gives them 3-0. Ghana and CIV is waiting for you guys on the senior level. bunch of cheaters
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by jumobi1(m): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2008
Give me a blow, Now bend down so i can see ur yansh while you repair my trekkers sandals, You Mensah ass biatch. Don't disrespect my country like that b4 I slap you with your own sandals. Uselessness!!
camegirl:

men playing against boys and you guys are happy? when will Nigeria learn to live a straight life. 419ers. I hope and pray Argentina gives them 3-0. Ghana and CIV is waiting for you guys on the senior level. bunch of cheaters
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
javalove:

We go beat them for sure

but all the sme sme wey them dey do with belgium dey throw way goals anyhow no suppose happen oooo. Na argentina be this ooo if we get chance, na to hammer oooo because if them get am bfore us, them no go hesitate.

i don deliver d message wey baba God send me ooooo. Eko o ni baje ooo!!!

I second you jare! 9Ja oni baje! cheesy grin wink cool smiley

@Camegirl

You motherfucking hater! If we Nigerians are 419ers, its because we are smarter than you motherfuckers wherever you're from! If you're jealous you better start throwing formats to Magas! Mumu! Bitchass!

HATEEEEER! Imagine, werrin concern soccer and scam! Go kill urself for river Zambezi! Oloshi cheesy grin grin grin grin If una don chop Kenke bellefull na so una dey talk rubbish! Charcoal pussies! grin
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by McKren(m): 9:17pm On Aug 19, 2008
Posted by: camegirl

Not sure what the bit in bold means, you might like to do a bit more work on your adjective before you call people names
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by adamsy07: 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
AS FOR THE FINAL,NIGERIA COULD WIN THE GAME TECHNICALLY.SOUTH AMERICANS ARE USUALLY ROUGH WHEN FRUSTRATED SO,IF NIGERIA COULD DO AN EARLY 1 GOAL LEAD AND MAKE SURE MESSI IS MARKED OUT AND ALSO MAKE SURE THEY ARE ALWAYS GAINING THE BALL AND PLAYING THE GAME AS A TEAM THE ARGENTINES WOULD GET FAUSTRATED AND WILL BEGIN TO PLAY HARD WHICH WOULD EARN THEM CARDS OR DANGEROUS FREE KICKS OR EVEN A PENALTY.
AND MY SWEET DREAM TEAM SHOULD MAKE SURE THAT FREE KICKS AROUND THE BOX IS AVOIDED AND ALSO ENSURE NOT TO BE CARRIED AWAY BY THE CROWD WHICH THEY WILL EVENTUALLY GAIN BY PLAYING THE ARGENTINES HANDS DOWN(LOSS OF CONCENTRATION).
THEN THEY WILL PICK A GOLD.

ALSO REMEMBER THAT WE WILL NOT BE UNDER ANY PRESSURE AS THE SIASIA BOYS AVE DONE WELL TO REACH THE FINALS DESPITE THE NON-REALISING OF HIS BEST PLAYERS.
SO WIN OR LOSS THEY WILL BRING A MEDAL.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by tkid(m): 9:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
I think argentina will win it,but the nigerian players are quite fast,so they could win.And does the winner get any medals for winning?because Nigeria hasn't got any yet.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by 4Play(m): 9:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
This is the problem with Nigeria. We have,without a modicum of shame,chosen as our representatives a bunch of age cheats. Not only do we not give a damn that our nation is represented by cheats,we revel in the fraud we are committing in Olympic football.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
@camegirl take your jealous ass out of here, eh seun can we reserve the right to ban these kind of people see be careful oh no let up send just one platoon to raise your country to the ground oh.
E go hard but I say Naija for the 23 gold medals any body second me
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
Chrisbenogor:

@camegirl take your jealous ass out of here, eh seun can we reserve the right to ban these kind of people see be careful oh no let up send just one platoon to raise your country to the ground oh.
E go hard but I say Naija for the 23 gold medals any body second me
Its only one GOLD not 23. Please note.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2008
@4play which one be your own na see we patriotic naija guys we no get joy oh. When dem dey use us do slave nobody hala them abeg leave us jo shio *hisses very very loudly* nna men if you no get wetin to do go lick stew.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
I know oh oga sir na so we go count am for naija that one wey you talk na olympic people own.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Man United fans mock De Gea after Messi's shot slipped under him / AFCON: Super Eagles Receive Rousing Welcome As They Return Home From Egypt / Heavily Pregnant Adaeze Yobo Working Out With Boxing Gloves [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.