Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final (33564 Views)

Poll: Whos gonna win?

Nigeria: 89% (222 votes)
Argentina: 10% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / 2015 Copa America Final: Chile 0 - 0 Argentina - Penalty (4-1) - Fultime. / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by KarmaMod(f): 2:26pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

All those not proud of our men. . . . think of it like this:

How many African Countries can say they BEAT TEAM USA in soccer?

many.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by idupaul: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

All those not proud of our men. . . . think of it like this:

How many African Countries can say they BEAT TEAM USA in soccer?
How many African Countries have reached as far as Nigeria?
How many African Countries can say they murdered Belgium?
How many African Countries have won any many medal in Olympic soccer?
How many African Countries can only give Argentina who average three goals/game only one?

oya glorify mediocrity, the truth is that we did not play well enough to win the damn match, av not eaten all day beacause am sad, i blame siasia for this unnecessary loss to that stupid messi again, wher was obasi, what was 38 years old isaac promise doing there, why was osaze trying to be eccentric in a grudge match of this nature, when the match started i knew we had lost because i saw caution , stiffness and fear on our players, damn the silver, my country deserves the best. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

p.s
what wass the damn keeper doing when he rushed out to create an angle any one could slot through.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Gamine(f): 2:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
Such a pity cry
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by A40(m): 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2008
I am still pretty pissed we lost i woke up just in time for the Argies goal and then went back to bed because i knew it was over the moment i looked round that team and i didnt see Ogbuke on the pitch all in all it was a good run
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by Foxflames: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2008
odewinge, did not live up to expectation, throughout the whole olympice tournament, forget the goal he scored against the ivorians and the goal he set up against japan, he was ment to d more than that, he was just like ronaldinho for brazil

anyway against argentina he was slow, tred to playfanciful soccer when it was not neccesary, if u notice he gave away the pass that lead to the goal and missed a glorious chance to scored, to me odewinge was a star that failed to shine
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by A40(m): 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2008
@idupaul
Cool down the boys did what they could.From the highlights its obvious we where the better side we just came up short in front of goal and the only clear chance the Argies got the Argies took i will only blame Vanzekin W.T.F was he running out of his goalpost like a headless chicken for?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by mylittle: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2008
although the boys came in with a silver medal.
no matter what all the critics have to say.
THE BOYS ARE JUST THAT DAMN GOOD
thumbs up to SIASIA
he really did well for Nigeria this time
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2008
For real you guys are just a shame. Nigeria did great and yet you still have pity for them? No wonder majority of these Nigerian players leave for other countries. There is no support. All yal can do is blame and be angry. One of yal even said you haven't even eaten all day cause you so mad. This is why Nigeria will never compete with other countries in medal count. With all this blame game and pity. . . . . i wonder if yal understand the Greatness of the game. Yal talk as if yal were in the game. . . . yal would have been any help. This is truly a pity and disgrace.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by studio43(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

For real you guys are just a shame. Nigeria did great and yet you still have pity for them? No wonder majority of these Nigerian players leave for other countries. There is no support. All yal can do is blame and be angry. One of yal even said you haven't even eaten all day cause you so mad. This is why Nigeria will never compete with other countries in medal count. With all this blame game and pity. . . . . i wonder if yal understand the Greatness of the game. Yal talk as if yal were in the game. . . . yal would have been any help. This is truly a pity and disgrace.

more grease to your elbow kiss
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by idupaul: 3:02pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

This them try factor is really killin nigeria, the perfomance today was not stellar at all and can only be described as mediocre, why must we lie when the truth is clear.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2008
idupaul:

This them try factor is really killin nigeria, the perfomance today was not stellar at all and can only be described as mediocre, why must we lie when the truth is clear.
Just shut the phuck up Paul. Seriously i mean you talk as if you can even compare with any of these players. I know 10 year old spanish kids that will toast you. So just shut it. Gosh your so freakin childish. You so called "Real Nigerian". Ekwensu.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by KarmaMod(f): 3:17pm On Aug 23, 2008
Is the nastiness really necessary, oyinye?

Did he insult YOU in any way? Just because he's not defending the mediocre performance?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2008
KarmaMod:

Is the nastiness really necessary, oyinye?

Did he insult YOU in any way? Just because he's not defending the mediocre performance?
Yeah he did insult me . . . . . just ask him.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by idupaul: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

Just shut the phuck up Paul. Seriously i mean you talk as if you can even compare with any of these players. I know 10 year old spanish kids that will toast you. So just shut it. Gosh your so freakin childish. You so called "Real Nigerian". Ekwensu.

Madam mature, why are u insulting me just because i choose to have an opinion, they played well to u and they didnt play well enuff to me, wats the fuss bout that. sha it shows ur ready to settle for any thing at all with ur loser nature. go jo
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ALKHYDR: 3:22pm On Aug 23, 2008
The lads played well all throughout the tournament, i am proud of the them all.

In football we always have a winner and a runner-up. The lads made perharps one mistake and were punished, they committed bodies forward and the ball fell to Messi and he punish us with a killer pass. No wonder he is the best player in the World. The lad always deliver for club and country, he reminds me of a certain Diego Maradona.

The lads should be received back home as champions, they did us proud.

As for the Gaffer, Mr Siasia, what more can I or any one say, man you are our "special one".

Thank you.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by tpia: 3:24pm On Aug 23, 2008
I dont know why people arent giving Odimwigie more credit. The guy tried during the first half. He just kind of slowed down after one of the Argentinians nearly knocked him over while struggling for the ball.

Obinna was also okay- great dexterity there.

The Argentinian replacements all looked like gang members, for some reason. Hard faces and all.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2008
idupaul:

Madam mature, why are u insulting me just because i choose to have an opinion, they played well to u and they didnt play well enough to me, wats the fuss bout that. sha it shows your ready to settle for any thing at all with your loser nature. go jo
Im done posting at/with/towards you because you aint even worth it. You can go on a hunger strike for all i care. Why you are grumbling running around with tears in your eyes, i'll be happy and proud ABROAD.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by A40(m): 3:36pm On Aug 23, 2008
There is no need for you guys to diss yourselves those boys really tried they just didnt get it together in the attack.Issac Promise has been a huge letdown though to be honest
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by KarmaMod(f): 3:37pm On Aug 23, 2008
Yeah he did insult me . . . . . just ask him.

where?
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by ayusman16(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2008
Nigeria didnt win Silver but lost the Gold!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by kpomkwem(m): 3:39pm On Aug 23, 2008
No matter how people criticize Naija's performance, the important thing is that we got a medal (a silver medal at that), something we haven't done in years!
Siasia did an EXCELLENT job with the team, considering the fact that great Nigerian players such as Mikel Obi and Taiwo didn't even participate!
People, stop criticizing their performance and instead congratulate them for reaching the finals and winning a medal!
BIG UPS TO THE EAGLES!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by savanaha: 3:41pm On Aug 23, 2008
We finally got a medal? Praise the lord, I was looking at the Olympic stats and Nigeria had zero medals. Even if they get another medal and its a broze that better than going home empty handed
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2008
savanaha:

We finally got a medal? Praise the lord, I was looking at the Olympic stats and Nigeria had zero medals. Even if they get another medal and its a broze that better than going home empty handed
Nigeria had already won three previous bronze medals. . . . . now they can add a silver medal to that.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MrCrackles(m): 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2008
savanaha:

we have three medals altogether as at now

1silver(football) and 2bronze(4x100mtrs ladies and Longjump)
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MrCrackles(m): 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2008
onyinye2:

Nigeria had already won three previous bronze medals. . . . . now they can add a silver medal to that.

i thought it was two, medal tables has two listed!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2008
Brash!:

i thought it was two, medal tables has two listed!
We won Bronze in

Taekwondo
4x400 meter relay
Long jump

We won Silver in

Soccer.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by savanaha: 3:47pm On Aug 23, 2008
Thank God almighty. I almost cried watching the relay last night when Belarus came third and Nigeria came fourth.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by MrCrackles(m): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2008
savanaha:

Thank God almighty. I almost cried watching the relay last night when Belarus came third and Nigeria came fourth.

it shows how un-prepared and dsyfunctional the organising committee are

when a country like Belarus and Bahrain win medals, and we cant even topple them!!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by chiogo(f): 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Onyinye2, it's not only a Nigerian thing. Americans do it too. I'm referring to your comment about Nigerians not supporting their players, and hence making the players move to other countries.

Yes, they tried but criticism helps people to improve. Ofcourse, we all know they tried their best but obviously, their best wasn't enough. I'm sure these players don't even wanna hear they did good, they know they could have done better.

I remember when New england patriots(my team) lost to NY giants. Well, I'm not really a fan of much sports save for B-ball. Only reason I call it my team is cuz it's a boston team, they're all my teams! Anywayz, at school the next morning, most teachers were so pissed, they took it out on us. Same as college professors(my siblings told me). My male friends who are die-hard fans didn't even wanna talk about. It was all fun for me but immediately I brought it up, they all go 'pls, I don't wanna talk about that'. And I was like 'shoot'.

So, anywayz, it's not a Nigerian thing. It's what real fans do. With time, they'd get over it. LOL!
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by A40(m): 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2008
Not even a single gold medal in over 26 sports i feel like crying cry
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by onyinye2(f): 4:11pm On Aug 23, 2008
chiogo:

@Onyinye2, it's not only a Nigerian thing. Americans do it too. I'm referring to your comment about Nigerians not supporting their players, and hence making the players move to other countries.

Yes, they tried but criticism helps people to improve. Ofcourse, we all know they tried their best but obviously, their best wasn't enough. I'm sure these players don't even want to hear they did good, they know they could have done better.

I remember when New england patriots(my team) lost to NY giants. Well, I'm not really a fan of much sports save for B-ball. Only reason I call it my team is because it's a boston team, they're all my teams! Anywayz, at school the next morning, most teachers were so pissed, they took it out on us. Same as college professors(my siblings told me). My male friends who are die-hard fans didn't even want to talk about. It was all fun for me but immediately I brought it up, they all go 'please, I don't want to talk about that'. And I was like 'shoot'.

So, anywayz, it's not a Nigerian thing. It's what real fans do. With time, they'D get over it. LOL!
I love the Lakers with all my heart. So when they lost to the lephrachuns. . . . it hurt. I was pissed, that was their Championship and it was tooken by the green team. But you didn't see me going around on a hunger strike or taking it out on nobody. I guess i have been an athlete long enough to know that you should learn from your mistakes and be proud of your performance, and come back betta, fasta, and stronga.
Re: Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final by chiogo(f): 4:25pm On Aug 23, 2008
@Onyinye2, Wha wha?? Who are the lephracuns(whatever that means)?? When it comes to my sexy hunks, Rajon & kevin, I get down for my team! Don't even go there, LOL! You stay in TX and supporting Lakers. Your city got no good players??

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Angry Manager Sarri Finally Reveals Why Arsenal Beat Chelsea 2 – 0 / Heavily Pregnant Adaeze Yobo Working Out With Boxing Gloves [PICS] / Non-Nigerians React Harshly After Nigeria’s Loss To Argentina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.