Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! (1228 Views)

Five Ways Hollywood Movies Are As Bad As Nollywood Movies. / Nigerian Horror Movies Are More Scary Than American Horror Movies! / To Watch Nigerian Movies Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by onyx79(m): 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2008
Help! Movies Driving Me Crazy!

I recently watched a nigerian home video(hereafter called "drama" for that is what they truly are!) titled BLOOD APART. The dateline for this movie is 2007, an age where i expect a lot of thought and reason to prevail.

In it, Jim Iyke actually sends a "maiguard" to buy him H2s04(acid) and when that arrives, he proceeds to drink acid with a straw thereby committing suicide.
Imagine drinking concentrated sulphuric acid with a plastic straw without it melting!

I think somebody needs to start banning these moronic movies before our IQ depreciates beyond redemption!
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by Sisikill: 6:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
I guess you didn't get the memo from [b]The Association for the Protection of The Nigerian Movie Watcher's Sanity (APNMWS) [/b]or maybe you did but you didn't read it coz if you had you won't be here complaining.

Let me see if I can recreate the memo

Dear Nigerian Movie Watcher,
Over the last decade, we noticed an alarming increase in the number of people roaming the streets, with dirty clothes, unkept hair, eyes wild as the devil, talking to themselves. After observing them closely, we were able to get down what they were saying

"It does not make sense, he was was 10 and now he is 40 yet nothing changed"
"The same hairstyle after 20 yrs"
"The mother is not the mother but the sister and the brother is really the cousin and the father? How?"
"I have to see part 21, maybe it will make sense after Part 21. Lemme see part 21"
"He got hit by a car but only his head got hurt? Is his head on his leg?

To put a stop to this, we are sending a warning out to everyone.

For your MENTAL SAFETY, The APNMWS advices that before watching a Nigerian Movie, Please check your BRAIN and anything remotely close to COMMON SENSE at the door. Unlearn every and any form of LOGIC [/b]and [b]SCIENTIFIC FACTS you've ever learnt. We assure you that this is the only way you can live a normal life afterwards.

We also promise your brain and common sense will be waiting for you after the movie and our highly trained brain checkers will make sure you get what is rightfully yours.

If you have any question or concern, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-save-ur-mind or visit our website www.naijamoviemakersthinkwearestupid.com

Thank You
Signed APNMWS Representative.

Unfortunately, they are still working on how to unwatch Naija movies, until they do. . . I guess you are on your own.

Best of luck sha.
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by KarmaMod(f): 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
The movie is called Price of Peace tongue

and yea that scene with the acid was hilariously stupid.
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by Mustay(m): 7:54pm On Aug 19, 2008
cheesy funny post by queen
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by onyx79(m): 9:15am On Aug 20, 2008
@Sisikill
Thanks o jare! it makes sense to me now, grin
Anyway i have promised myself to stay away from watching such things, i mean people travel to different locations just to shoot movies, while our people sit in a room and parlour and shoot part 3 of their "movie". It s just so unfair. Actors in hollywood, run through fire, exert themselves physically and call that a movie. While the "nollywood breed" sit in mansions, cross legs, drink five alive and also expect to be classified as movie stars. Abeg, i don tire for them. i don give up hope on them.
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by onyx79(m): 9:19am On Aug 20, 2008
But i have been thinking, have you guys noticed that the quality of our music videos have increased dramatically? The special effects, graphics and all make it a beauty to watch,
I mean they re comparable to music videos anywhere in the world.
MY POINT: the technology is accessible to nigerians: artists, etc
MY QUESTION: Why have the nollywood filmmakers not tapped into this?
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by onyx79(m): 9:22am On Aug 20, 2008
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by crazylegs(m): 11:32am On Aug 20, 2008
"He got hit by a car but only his head got hurt? Is his head on his leg?

ROFL. One day you are going to kill someone . . .

@Onyx

Music videos are easier to produce. You don't need a plot, just get a nice club, some scantily clad female dancers and a special effects guy who can change your background etc. Music video ready. Nigerian movies need intelligent scripts, intelligent continuity experts and good directors. Special effects in Nigerian movies can come later.

Yet to see a Nigerian music video with anything more than good choreography. But you are right, the quality is on the up.
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by crazylegs(m): 11:40am On Aug 20, 2008
onyx79:

Help! Movies Driving Me Crazy!
Jim Iyke actually sends a "maiguard" to buy him H2s04(acid) and when that arrives, he proceeds to drink acid with a straw thereby committing suicide.

LMAO! I go die o. Don't know how I missed this part at first.

Just thank your stars that the guy didn't survive because he changed his mind and went to the toilet on time to send all the nasty acid down the drain.
Re: Help: Nigerian Movies Are Depreciating My IQ! by twinstaiye(m): 11:46am On Aug 20, 2008
I watched the movie too.  I think this naija producers are playing on the intelligence of nigerians.  One thing is, I keep asking myself what H2so4 was, and my little knowledge of chemistry back in school tells me it is a chemical, but then, I cant quickly deduce it is a sulphuric acid.  My point is, had he said the maiguard should get him an acid, most nigerians will quickly understand what an acid can do.  My point is that, the use of straw to drink the sulphuric acid is deliberate and not a mistake from the director or producers no wonder they call it h2s04. That is what is applicable to a learned person like me, now, think of what an average illiterate and semi-illiterate nigerians will think along this line, definitely, they will think it is a drug moreso owhen the maiguard claimed he bought it from the chemist.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Watching The O.c? / 1st Nigerian Costume Premiere : Ozone Cinema Unveils Avengers! / First Nigerian Boarding School Movie - Next Generation Of Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.