Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1238308 members, 1650541 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 10:00 PM

Shell Recruitment Day 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Recruitment Day 2014 (71672 Views)

Shell Recruitment Day 2014 Application For Fresh Graduates / 2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Shell Recruitment Day 2011 (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by viruz007(m): 11:19pm On Feb 08
The recruitment is real. My friend in Shell told me about it. Go ahead and apply and try ur lucks. We no go school so nothing for us even as we dey run masters. Una wey get 2:1, fire away. cool

3 Likes

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Olutola88(m): 11:21pm On Feb 08
Kuulme: Those numerical questions were darn hard! Ish!!!
u took d test already?
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Emekamex(m): 11:23pm On Feb 08
Shell again. I tried last year but failed the numerical test. I pray for better luck this year. A word of advice to those applying, study complex pie and bar charts very well because that was what came out last year. Those chart questions are very complex and the limited time doesnt help matters.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by samwills45: 11:25pm On Feb 08
pls I want to know if undergraduate students seeking for an IT can apply as well
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Olutola88(m): 11:32pm On Feb 08
Emekamex: Shell again. I tried last year but failed the numerical test. I pray for better luck this year. A word of advice to those applying, study complex pie and bar charts very well because that was what came out last year. Those chart questions are very complex and the limited time doesnt help matters.
hmmm. God Almighty will make u succeed ds time bro. Amen somebody?
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by fangzy(m): 11:33pm On Feb 08
Capt. JH Miller:
Pissed!
So if you do not graduate with a 2,1 you can not even get the chance to prove yourself?
I was told I couldn't further the moment I selected 2,2..

So what people that av OND? Can't they applied?

Please o! If anybody with 2,2 manage to scale, let us know abeg.

I may not have been fortunate to make 2,1 doesn't mean we will give up, we will get there sooner or later! By the grace of the Almighty! Na just matter of time.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Emekamex(m): 11:37pm On Feb 08
Olutola88: hmmm. God Almighty will make u succeed ds time bro. Amen somebody?
Amen a thousand times.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by fangzy(m): 11:38pm On Feb 08
Does it mean ond holder can not apply?

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Olutola88(m): 12:10am On Feb 09
I don't even know what the numerical reasoning test will look like. I pray I enjoy Almighty Allah's grace

2 Likes

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by DIVFAVOR(m): 12:25am On Feb 09
My fellow friends,
first of all i wish you ever want to apply a huge success.
but before you do, pls read these fact very well.
1. You must have 2.1
2. you must not be above 28yrs, they will not tell you, but when considering who to pick assuming you pass, they will go for lesser age.
3. Niger Delta regions are hiighly favoured.
4. Masters abroad is highly favoured
5. Spill over guys from previous years are there waiting for letters this year, with same slot alloted for this year. one of them did his medicals last week, saw him with my eyes......he also did his IT there past 3years.
6. Connection influences will take some slots.
7. In your personality test, maintain one route, is either you are a team player or a high flyer dont miss it, unless on direct questions you must ans the way it is.
8. In the second stage, know your comprehension very well, most of them the questions do come from an oil and gas passage, so u need to have such knowledge, but give your answers mainly from the content of the passage.
9. The numerical is the cheapest, you must know table questions very well, pie bar chart complex ones, and so on.
10. I wish you best of luck, but dont come back to insult shell, they have a pattern best known to them for final assessment.
My advice, if you are still young( like 23- 25) and you have the money, dont apply now, rush and do your masters abroad and come back. I bet you, your chances are 70%.

GOD BLESS OUR HUSTLE.............ONE LOVE.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by NIKKnJAZZ(f): 3:14am On Feb 09
naijabooy: So here are the things I think counted against me...first of all I didn't upload a cover letter,secondly I made a 2.2,and there was question that went like this..are u interested in a technical or commercial role in shell or any?...if u select 'any' it will look like u lack focus and just wanna get a job in shell.so apply wisely..goodluck!

Not completely true. Cover letter has nothing to do with rejection, neither does selecting "any". You were rejected solely on your grade level.

1 Like

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by ekemit(m): 4:26am On Feb 09
it pains me whever i see online advertisement when they have already selected their candidate am jst praying that it shall come to pass when recruitment will be based on merit and nt by who do you know?
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by hilaomo(m): 5:24am On Feb 09
world: jus applied but dey Av NT replied....pls after ur online assessment let me knw HW it is pls
Applicants seeking career opportunity in a multinational coy as SHELL ought to watch their grammar in a public forum as NL,YOU KNOW!

1 Like

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by hilaomo(m): 5:28am On Feb 09
ekemit: it pains me whever i see online advertisement when they have already selected their candidate am jst praying that it shall come to pass when recruitment will be based on merit and nt by who do you know?
CONTRADICTION!!!kindly define merit sir.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by samdson: 6:00am On Feb 09
Shell's recruitment process is one of the most transparent you will ever find around. My 2 cents will be that if you meet the requirements as stated on the company's website, apply and give it your best shot. It's a great company and I say that from a vantage position.

All the best Guys!
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by scantee(m): 6:53am On Feb 09
Mz_spread: Strange works! But I heard this shell recruitment is a scam and it is an hijacked link. Was told by a reliable source tho but I dnt how tru it is. Just wnt u guys to be sure abt wat u are into. Altho I tried applying too but when the news came in, I cancelled it. But if u av any clarification abt it, pls dnt hesitate to post it here. Thanks

Haba check the site source is not a scam, is real, just apply and keep your Ref No safe for further...........try not disclose it to: anyone, because it can be used to hack your details if disclosed.
and mind you I work with SPDC but please I might not welcome some certain questions. Thanks
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by scantee(m): 6:56am On Feb 09
NIKKnJAZZ:

Not completely true. Cover letter has nothing to do with rejection, neither does selecting "any". You were rejected solely on your grade level.

2.2 can apply just make sure your cv contents is not complicated with your answer in the online assessment questions. thanks
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by abbeywasc(m): 7:03am On Feb 09
and it shall come to pass that some people will come to this thread and start saying, "why do you trouble yoursef by applying when the people they are going to select are already known and chilling at home?"
if thou art wise, then you should reply that" none wrong himself as much as he who did nothing because he could only do a little"
even if its a single slot that is going to be based on merit, u shud fight for it cos u really never know how far you can go until you try.
also Shell recruitment is one of d most transparent u'll ever see anywhere. even if the "my father knows Dangote" will be given the job, they must have had good grades. also, i hope you notice dt the career email is not that of shell nigeria nor is the main site itself. also cubiks is not a nigerian based firm. the only time that nigerians come into the process is the stage four and as per their procedure, you are NOT to be assessed in that stage.
do no be thrown off by their pessimism, they were here last year, they will soon be here and if die not, their perpetually jobless Bottom will still be here next year

well they make things lively. in the words of Ibe " the good and the bad must always go together for it is only the disparity that makes life worth living"
the thread will be dull otherwise.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by scantee(m): 7:06am On Feb 09
DIVFAVOR: My fellow friends,
1. You must have 2.1
2. you must not be above 28yrs, they will not tell you, but when considering who to pick assuming you pass, they will go for lesser age.
5. Spill over guys from previous years are there waiting for letters this year, with same slot alloted for this year. one of them did his medicals last week, saw him with my eyes......he also did his IT there past 3years.
7. In your personality test, maintain one route, is either you are a team player or a high flyer dont miss it, unless on direct questions you must ans the way it is.
8. In the second stage, know your comprehension very well, most of them the questions do come from an oil and gas passage, so u need to have such knowledge, but give your answers mainly from the content of the passage.
9. The numerical is the cheapest, you must know table questions very well, pie bar chart complex ones, and so on.
10. I wish you best of luck, but dont come back to insult shell, they have a pattern best known to them for final assessment.
My advice, if you are still young( like 23- 25) and you have the money, dont apply now, rush and do your masters abroad and come back. I bet you, your chances are 70%.

Sorry dear having master abroad has little or no influence. top secrete if you have any person working with SPDC already pretend you don't have. do not answer yes for that might go against you, and i wiil advice you to be using google when ask who referred you or tell you about shell job, having any experience in an oil company is an advantage, as well having any safety training like HSE. good luck to all.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by scantee(m): 7:16am On Feb 09
naijabooy: Ok so I registered and applied for the shell recruitment day and thus began the online assesment first part its just personal details and then I was asked to upload my cv,coVer letter and any other documents to support my application,I uploaded only my cv this is one thing I bliv counted against me,so pls if ure applying hav ur cv,cover letter and any relevant scanned documents ready for upload. After that I was asked a series of questions like ...hav u applied to shell in the past one year?...do u work for the government or hav any relatives working for the government? Then it got to the part of selecting the university I attended and class of degree eventually I was informed I didn't make it to the next stage...

Note. not all the universities are listed in the drop down menu. if you have any body working with the Government just say no, because spdc is afraid of so called Government relatives after their encounter in Ogoni and Bayelsa, this is a story for another day.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Fernandinho(m): 7:45am On Feb 09
Whoever is saying this is a scam though...
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Captain001(m): 7:47am On Feb 09
What has come out of that of 2013...
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Mighty Fortress: 8:16am On Feb 09
Good news.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Fernandinho(m): 8:21am On Feb 09
Captain001: What has come out of that of 2013...
They took people. Atleast i know of 3
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Olutola88(m): 8:28am On Feb 09
DIVFAVOR: My fellow friends,
1. You must have 2.1

haaaaa! Masters abroad ke? I'm just 22 and I've applied. I know my God will do it. More so, I'm nt applying only @ shell.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Capt. JH Miller: 8:38am On Feb 09
scantee: .

2.2 can apply just make sure your cv contents is not complicated with your answer in the online assessment questions. thanks

How do you mean 2,2 can apply??
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by Shakespeare(m): 8:40am On Feb 09
Please I've created a profile already, how do I start applying for openings
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by abbeywasc(m): 9:54am On Feb 09
just finished the second stage and i was seriously outclassed in the problem solving. decision making was ok though.
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by samuelk(m): 10:50am On Feb 09
Hi Scantee..... Can HND graduates apply?
Re: Shell Recruitment Day 2014 by mavinc4u(f): 10:59am On Feb 09
Shakespeare: Please I've created a profile already, how do I start applying for openings

click on search opening to proceed

1 Like

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) ... (19) (Reply)

Uba Bank Recruiting OND/NCE Holders / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) 2008 Vacancies / List Of Genuine And Proven Recruitment Agencies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.