Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Gunner's Trophyless Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gunner's Trophyless Season (2577 Views)

That Moment When Yoy Tired Of Being A Gunner / Wellbeck Want's To Become A Full Time Gunner, Not A Part Time / My Grouse Against Wenger: From A True Gunner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunner's Trophyless Season by TSpurs(m): 9:31am On Jun 26, 2006
4th in Premiership!

Booted out by Wigan at Highbury in Carling cup!!

Disgraced by Bolton in FA cup!!! and

Gunned down by Barca in Paris!!!!

Yet their fans praise them to high heaven.

They are team of yesterday.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by hucarson(m): 9:40am On Jun 26, 2006
@ TSpurs,
I quite disagree with u.
Arsenal is going through a re-building process and immediate success is not very possible for now.
Wenger is building for the future and one should not expect anything superb at this present time but there's going to be a light at the end of the tunnel real soon.
Fabregas, Reyes, Van Persie, Eboue and Senderos are potential weapons getting ready to be unleashed.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by TSpurs(m): 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2006
@Hucarson

But they've been claiming to be REBULDING for years now.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by salehm(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2006
But they've been claiming to be REBULDING for years now.
[quote][/quote]
For how many years?
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by GUNNER(f): 8:58pm On Jun 26, 2006
When a man like Arsene invests in youth he also working towards long term goals  wink

Arsenal 4 Ever kiss
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by Shagari2(m): 10:22pm On Jun 26, 2006
Tspurs, you're name sounds vaguely familiar, can't work out where I've heard it before though, Arsenal did have a bad season but getting that last champ league spot from a team I can't remember their name was just so sweet, made up for the whole season! and the way we got it, haha! stuff of legends!!  To modify ever so slightly the words of MC Hammer

Na na na na na na, can't touch us!  tongue
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by TSpurs(m): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2006
Trophyless no matter what.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by snooker: 4:19am On Jul 20, 2006
tspud@white hart pain angry

yapping on "Trophyless" what then can be said about Spertz

we all will be living on Mars and commuting to work on Venus before y"all manage to win "ANY" cup  wink

can't wait 2 see anuther stomach bug hit your lot! lipsrsealed
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by soccerchic(f): 6:06am On Jul 20, 2006
For all those arsenal haters, PUT UR MONEY were ur mouth is,

GO ARSENAL GOO, GOOOOO,

Arsenal chic 4 Life grin

Don't hate cause I love soccer more than sex wink
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by Akolawole(m): 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ Soccerchic

Nobody hates you.

It is Nairaland -Gunners that hate every other team/players.

Let me remind you, 75% of Nairaland Sports guys are Gunners.

They should learn to respect other teams.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by kellorah: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2006
hmm
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by Jackal(m): 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ soccerchic,

U love soccer more than sex?
What r u? A celibate?
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by kitaun(m): 2:56pm On Jul 20, 2006
@ Egbon Akola,

I would really have been happy if truly 75% of NLanders (sports) are gunners,but anyways
I believe objectivity should be the watchword,it is so obvious that virtually any of the top 4
clubs in the premiership would love to answer the tag of the most loathed club,however we
must not leave out the issue of mutual respect,methinks for the life of me that this thread
created  by a supporter of a neighbouring N.london club just about attests to the kind of hatred peeps have towards Arsenal,but is it not said that it is only a dead article/person that is not being frequently talked about ? actually i mean beef, but i could attribute it to the fact that Arsenal plays the sexiest and most romantic football !!

I would have felt better if it were a Liv'pool,Chelsea/Man U fan that created the thread,for all i know and care,Spurs at the end of this coming season might just barely escape relegation  tongue tongue tongue

When Man Utd went trophyless the season before,the hue and cry was not as much as this,but because it is Arsenal,the boys must now commit suicide,haba !!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by soccerchic(f): 4:33pm On Jul 20, 2006
LMFAO@jackal
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by TSpurs(m): 10:23pm On Aug 07, 2006
kitaun:

for all i know and care,Spurs at the end of this coming season might just barely escape relegation tongue tongue tongue

IT WAS AN OPEN SECRET " how the FA get you into Champions league via Food poision"
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by SirKay3(m): 4:24pm On Aug 13, 2006
@ TSpurs

Why cant the same FA get you into the Champs League, if you claim we were assisted through food poisoning?

Point of correction, we won the Amsterdam tournament please

@ Akolawole,

Not all Arsenal fans on Nairalanders hate other teams please. Agreed they go to the extreme sometimes to defend Arsenal and in the process use abusive words, that doesnt mean they are haters.

Am apologising on our behalf please.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by LoverBwoy(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2006
Arsenal supporters are just accommodating grin, we accept everyone into our fan group, some arsenal fans just got into football and just love the way we play grin

dont be jealous grin
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 5:01pm On Aug 13, 2006
I dont see dis season bringing beta luck for arsenal either way, though i am nt a chelsea fan (never hav, never will be) but as pertains the premiership d major factor will be chelsea den man u.

cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by Fimmy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 13, 2006
GOOD FOR THEM
2006/07 NOTHING FOR ARSENAL
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2006
Pity dey have to suffer anoda season of under-achievement even with there new stadium. shocked
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by LoverBwoy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 13, 2006
Fimmy:

GOOD FOR THEM
2006/07 NOTHING FOR ARSENAL
dude u shouldnt even be sain anything! no amount of bribe will get u out of that hell u're in grin
buchio7:

I don't see this season bringing beta luck for arsenal either way, though i am nt a chelsea fan (never hav, never will be) but as pertains the premiership d major factor will be chelsea den man u.

cool cool cool cool cool

erm what trophy did almight man u win last season? tongue
some people can talk angry
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by sammietos(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2006
Everybody should know that last season was spent by Arsenal in rebuilding after losing the captain of the team. But this season would be a good one for Arsenal I see us getting to a comfortable spot in the champion's league and problably winning the premiership with the good results in the pre-season friendlies.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2006
d issue in question is arsenal who asides last seasons champions league finals ticket have been perrenial underachievers who have dis self distruct button on when it most matters dat they perform.

This is nt d first time i have heard dat arsenal r rebuilding,in short for the past 2-3 seasons dat has always been an excuse but guess what chelsea rebuilt for one season and won the premiership back-to-back. Make una save that re-building bull for ppl who care.

Even yesterdays curtain raiser charity shield has included one other strong contender into the equation, i.e. liverpool( they beat chelsea)
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by LoverBwoy(m): 9:54pm On Aug 14, 2006
see this maga do u know how many years it took chelsea to take central stage, you think they'll be there for ever?

why havent MAN U wont anything major in the past 3yrs or so

go watch your own bizness
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2006
ur vexation is mis-directed my friend loverboy and the fact still remains that arsenal are perrenial under-achievers even with the best of talents. It has even gotten to a point when arsenal have to wait in line to know what chelsea will bid for a player b4 they make a move e.g. shawn wright phillips

ur vexation shd be directed positively in making wenger much more agressive than in the past. Arsenals major problem has been complacency when it really matters to be serious.
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by under18(f): 10:55am On Aug 15, 2006
who go start na sabi chelsea here?
Arsenal has a history of beating them
like it or not
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by LoverBwoy(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2006
your vexation should be directed positively in making wenger much more aggressive than in the past. Arsenals major problem has been complacency when it really matters to be serious.

he doesn't need to be unnecessarily aggressive, he knows the process everybody knows the process one club cannot dominate forever, between1990-2000 weren't Chelsea battling it out?

perennial underachievers did u say? where have almighty Man U been, Arsenal have gone further in the champions league than Man U tongue and the money bags

It has even gotten to a point when arsenal have to wait in line to know what Chelsea will bid for a player before they make a move e.g. Shawn wright Phillips
do u know how much Chelsea lost in the past 2 seasons?

Diarra,Micheal Essen,Mikel Obi,Ballack, and others kai Chelsea bullied Man U big time tongue
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2006
where have almighty Man U been, Arsenal have gone further in the champions league than Man U Tongue and the money bags

Kai, kai, kai loverboy why have u exposed ur nyash like dis? it seems dat dis congo wey u dey no dey get dstv? everyone knows dat in terms of champions league experience man u has one it (2001-2002) and has had more semi-final berths dan arsenal. shocked shocked shocked

@ under 18
how many times has arsenal beaten chelsea in the last one and a half years?
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by under18(f): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2006
its good oga go ask in last one and ahalf years not even two grin grin grin
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by LoverBwoy(m): 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2006
we know know man u is a great club No1 is disputing that! but im asking u in the last few years what have u done?
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by murphite(m): 11:28am On Aug 16, 2006
chelsea won premiership after 50 yrs in re-building
man u was trophyless in 2004/2005 session with no major/or capital record/or achievement
YES ARSENALwas trophless last session but we played in campion league final in our history of existence and we have a new stadium all in last session (BETTER THAN MAN U) and we don't need 50 years to rebuild our team before winning the premiership again so we are also (BETTER THAN THE BLUES, chelsea, )
UP ARSENAL
ARSENAL 4 LIFE
GUNNER 4 EVER
Re: Gunner's Trophyless Season by buchio7(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2006
NA YAM SIDDON LOOK DIS SEASON grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ARSENAL KO, CATAPULT NI,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairabet Registration & How To Make Deposit With Atm Card Online / Nairabet Site Hacked / Satan, The World React To Messi’s 6th Ballon D’or Win — See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.