Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? (2298 Views)

Nairaland Can Make Nigeria Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by KUPPY(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2006
Hi everyone
I am a member of nairaland, the site is Interesting, informative educative and entertaining. Please can sumone brief me on the history of nairaland and how it came about smiley cool kiss
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2006
During the month of October 2004, a young webmaster named Seun Osewa started 3 Internet forums - the Mobile Nigeria Forum, Kampusgist and NgITplace. The Mobile Nigeria Forum took off like a rocket and, after it was reorganized in February 2005, developed a life of its own. The others just withered off.

Then Seun discovered that the Mobile Nigeria Forum offtopic section - where members discussed romance, politics and other topics - was attracting as much attention as the mobile forums! He became convinced that a Nigerian Forum on all issues under the sun would be even more successful as one on just mobile telephony. So he created Nairaland!

With the creation of Nairaland, Seun was able to exceed his website traffic and revenue goals by October 2005. Yay!
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by beyunce(f): 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2006
is dis all.

da history is nt dat long.

klkl sha.

good job
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by eveseh(f): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2006
to long,dont know it
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by KUPPY(m): 3:18pm On Jul 05, 2006
thx u the brief history, well what r u doing a living (Seun) and what is ur discipline. Sorry for the question. Take and remain Blessed smiley
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by Seun(m): 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2006
I do Nairaland full-time for a living, though I am now spending more time on other projects.

My discipline is Webmastering. Bsc Google.com. That was after SSCE and GCE O Level and little time at OAU.
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by babe1(f): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2006
Good for u Seun. grin
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by sweetpie23: 8:15am On Aug 30, 2009
wow so the owner of nairaland name is Seun.

1 Like

Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by Gabry(f): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2009
Na waa for u ooo
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by spikedcylinder: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2009
Seun:

My discipline is Webmastering. Bsc Google.com. That was after SSCE and GCE O Level and little time at OAU.

Lol.
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by Don4life: 10:05am On Sep 01, 2009
@Nice History of Nairaland,i hope nigeria comes up wt a 2nd nairaland
Re: The History Of Nairaland: Can Someone Brief Me? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 03, 2009
who is Seun referring to in this thread

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-318750.0.html

The Muslim section wasn't created to promote Islam but to protect Nairaland from you-know-what.

Boko Haram?

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Hit Frontpage On Nairaland Easily.. / Have You Ever Been Caricatured On Nairaland Before? Share Your Experiences. / Pastor & The Coffin Maker.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.