Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Homosexualism In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Homosexualism In Nigeria (6362 Views)

What Is Your Take On Homosexualism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexualism In Nigeria by kennl: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2008
To me its funny to think that Nigeria is such a homophobic country when a large percentage of her men are homosexuals or bisexuals. Even most of these anti-gay movers are actually involved but just front all this to cover up; how sad. If only they understood what it is like. Well, i'm kool, enjoying my life,  u dont know me! What u got to say?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Ibime(m): 11:49am On Aug 22, 2008
Gay people always love to believe that many others are closet gays besides themselves. . . . lol. . . . well, newsflash: 99.5% of Nigerian men are straight, whatever you think.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2008
99.5 percent of nigerian men s[i]ay[/i] that they are hetero, you mean.

Maybe if people stopped scaring them with useless laws, violence and prejudice; we could get some [i]real [/i]numbers.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by chiogo(f): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Na wa oo, why do gay people like to believe everyone is also like them??

People can't be heterosexual in all honesty anymore??

I mean, it's okay if you're gay but dang, stop consoling yourself by saying other people are too!
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by jaquan(m): 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
@chiogo

true that!
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2008
Gay people are not saying that everyone wants to live their life style,
they are saying that many people that do want to live such a lifestyle do it in secret
or can't at all for fear of prejudice.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by jaquan(m): 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2008
although most friendships (esp btw guys) in nigeria and there interactions will be considered so gay here in the states.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:24pm On Aug 22, 2008
yea right you wish,speak for yourself, nigerian men are straight by culture,by religion,and by moral values,if you want to keep chanting that erroneous assertion to yourself to make you feel good then nice one, remember one of satan's best used tactics is the"we are all same" thing
like every other desease or ills in our society,a couple of gays are there as well but not majority
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 4:01am On Aug 23, 2008
@ lucabrasi

and don't you forget that white Christians used the same divide and conquer tactics,
to pit people of african descent (and pretty much any other group willing to fall for it) against each other.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 11:14am On Aug 23, 2008
yes im not disputing that,but the fact remas that,befor the advent of the white ppl we had no history of gay tendencies,during the occupation of the white settlers (even when the gay thing started in the western world but was frowned at)we had nuifn like that,up untill present times, if white ppl are using any divide an conquer tacticts ill say promoting the wrong and warped idea that there are majority homosexuals in nigeria is one prime example, and you can see its working,trying to implode the nigerian anglican communion by creating a division which didnt work,promoting pockets of a few nigerians who call themselves christians, its their usual tactics and thank GOD its not working, i dont know why the yahoo yahoo boys and 419ers have not latched on to this and collected all the money the western world has to promote gay ppl
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by TPS360: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2008
i watched a documentary about a gay church in nigeria on CNN, lord have mercy
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Feministic(f): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2008
@ luca

No one said that gay people were the majority.

Ever.

The point that most people are trying to make is that there are gay people in Africa,
and they won't admit that they are because of the current laws and prejudice held against them.
How do we really know the real numbers, if no one is willing to admit it?
It's like being the holocaust and asking people "are you a jew?"

As for homosexual not being present until after the arrival of european colonialists.
It was actually the reverse.
Homosexuality in africa was present, while not in comparison to that of the greek,
and was actually snubbed out and suppressed by said settlers not just with religion and such
but with the lack of any major intrusive study done on africans at that time.
So while we do know that it was present, we still don't know the whole story.

Sometimes I think that African's are really unaware of how much they lost with colonialism. undecided

http://www.glbtq.com/social-sciences/africa_pre.html
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 12:28am On Aug 24, 2008
@fem
common now,nigeria's mention was at best in passing,and the author in spite of the exhaustive research,thebest he could come upwith was some obscure hausa cult indulging in homosexuality,theres nothing new in that because people that believed in the diabolic will tell you that bestiality and homosexuality is practices prevalently in the north mainly for sacrifices and money making rituals,if u google it you might find references to such,moreover they mainly reffered to south african area as we know it as the africans that indulge in that vice,personally and if you check south africa's record you will realise they have always supported the gay/homosexuality,if you follow the anglican communion schism,the south africans are the main opponent to nigeria's stance on gay issues and they have same sex marriages,gay parades e.t.c

i say it again and maintain my stance that the europeans brought the gay malaise into not only nigeria but our part of africa,your article actually rein forced my assertions because if there were gay people these days in nigeria,then they would have been free to come out because they would have been under the protection of the "white settlers"as opposed to now,if you check my comments i never said there are no gay people in africa or even ngeria,im saying contrary to the poster's assertions,they are not in massive numbers and if he s using that as a feel good factor then good for him but its a totally false assumption and thats me being objective
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 3:06am On Aug 24, 2008
My Aunty (my mom's freind) is from rivers state. Her mother had a female husband. It is their culture. There is no sex involved. Just another woman who could not have children of her own is basically seen as a man in their culture
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by drrionelli(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2008
If the figures quoted above (99.5% straight males) are correct, then doesn't that still suggest that there are more than 300,000 gay men in Nigeria?

And, if there were a like number of lesbians, that would be another 300,000.  So, wouldn't that mean that there are well over half a million homosexual persons in Nigeria?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by lucabrasi(m): 4:32pm On Aug 24, 2008
thats not an official figure,its purely speculative moreover you have to factor in the traditional diabolic thing in nigeria as well,prevalent in the northern areas where having sex with a man is a form of money making sacrifice,some secret cults indulge in it as well e.t.c that cant be called practicing homosexuality socially
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by drrionelli(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2008
@lucabrasi:
To be sure the figures are speculative. As I'm sure you see, my point was to suggest that even a miniscule percentage (as the one suggested) would still result in rather impressively large numbers, far more so than would make many people comfortable.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by NegroNtns(m): 8:54pm On Aug 24, 2008
To me its funny to think that Nigeria is such a homophobic country when a large percentage of her men are homosexuals or bisexuals. Even most of these anti-gay movers are actually involved but just front all this to cover up; how sad. If only they understood what it is like. Well, i'm kool, enjoying my life, u don't know me! What u got to say?

Ken,

In each human there is of course a polar opposite of that in which his/her identity is prevalent. So that I am of male gender but in my psyche there also exist a polar opposite of the male gender and is fed through me in an unconscious state. My ability to be a masculine is a conscious awareness of strengths and weaknesses in me. I supress my weakness and I uphold my strengths. The ability of a female to be soft and tender and caring and nurturing is due to the drive of the polar masculinity in her unconsious state. The wholeness of a human is composed of the duality within _conscious state and unconscious state.

When called forth by an external demand, independent of a voluntary response, the reflex will kick in and a chauvinistic, ego posessed male left alone with a wailing infant in his arms will suddenly become a caring, tender and nurturing human. Thats his unconscious power at play, aroused by nature; the helpless baby! Similarly, a female, left without the protection and cover of a man will let loose and become physically aggressive and combative when faced with a hardship circumstance; all her caring and tender and nurturing instincts are replaced with impulsive action and risk.

In everyone of us there is a thief, there is a killer, there is a liar, there is a sinner, there are all kind of bad things, but then we are also endowed with conscious values and purpose so that our propensity to behave and act as animals or worse is reoriented towards an evolution that bring about a spiritual upliftment and a sense of fulfillment to our senses, so that the things we encounter and relate with do not also be the things that disgust and turn us off. Esthetics or aesthetics, also called beautification, is a necessity for social order and progress, without it the society will become chaotic and decay. Nigeria is already in a state of decay and a turn off and thats why we departed to be in a place where the soul finds appeal in its sorroundings.

Homosexualism is a choice for those who have failed to self-understand, to self-identify the duality of energies within their being, and where a conflict exist, to self-diagnose the imbalance and seek a spiritual intervention for its fix. In their lack of discipline, they have chosen to embrace as turn-on, a sexual habit that animals regard as a turn-off. As I have always said, homosexualism should not be a matter for public policy, it is a individual problem and must be dealt with at individual level. It is not a disease, it is not a problem for humanity or the society. The people that practice it need to make it a private and discreet issue in their life, not irritate the public with their failure and insanity and expect to be pitied. You are not a victim, you have made a willful choice as you deem fit for your life, why should the rest of society make room for you if they do not feel your choice add aesthetic values to their sorroundings. Who wants to see a gay guy walking the street in high heels and mini skirts? Keep that shyit to the four walls of your home.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by slimfine(f): 7:21pm On Dec 27, 2008
I don't understand why these gays are forcing other people to accept them! na by force? you decided or naturally(as they say) became gay, that is your problem. quite shoving that concept of sexuality into someone elses throat!
That is why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and I don't think all the people in the city practiced homosexuality but the people who did not prectice it was in support of it! So trying to make it legal or making people accept that concept will be like living in the land of Sodom and Gomorrah. I do not want God's wrath on my head. Just do ur thing if you like and leave the staright people alone!!
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2008
99.5% of Nigerian men are straight, whatever you think.

Wishful thinking.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2008
Honestly speaking I think gay men are sick. How can u put ur stick inside shit chute? Dirty sickos.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 7:33pm On Dec 27, 2008
I'm not surprised with this thread. Some down low AA dudes alwaz look 4 there partner in crime.

*************PLz keep on pushin******************* tongue tongue tongue
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by KarmaMod(f): 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2008
OutlukBabe:

Honestly speaking I think gay men are sick. How can u put ur stick inside shit chute? Dirty sickos.

Are you implying that heterosexuals dont have anal sex?
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2008
@karmamod, u do anal?
well to me, anyone that poke his d*ck inside someone shit chute is sick wether it is with man or woman. Shit is is shit, man or woman.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by JJYOU: 8:10pm On Dec 27, 2008
OutlukBabe:

@karmamod, u do anal?
well to me, anyone that poke his d*ck inside someone shit chute is sick wether it is with man or woman. Shit is is shit, man or woman.
OUCHHHHHHHHH WICKED SOUL.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 8:16pm On Dec 27, 2008
JJYOU:

OUCHHHHHHHHH WICKED SOUL.

What u!!! Me wicked, well unless u put ur di*ck inside shit too!!! Im very sure of that. Some men are just sick, need to be put behid bars. Dont tell sexual preference bla bla bla.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by IGWEUSA(m): 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2008
OutlukBabe:

What u!!! Me wicked, well unless u put ur di*ck inside shit too!!! I'm very sure of that. Some men are just sick, need to be put behid bars. don't tell sexual preference bla bla bla.

Baby girl just help in spreading out d gospel to all dis fellas
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by bawomolo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 27, 2008
well, newsflash: 99.5% of Nigerian men are straight, whatever you think.

denial is a bitch.

OutlukBabe:

homosexuality isn't all about sex, are all hetero relationships about sex.  some of you homophobes have a frightening obsessing with the homosexual act.
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2008
bawomolo:

denial is a bitch.

homosexuality isn't all about sex, are all hetero relationships about sex.  some of you homophobes have a frightening obsessing with the homosexual act.

What is it then if it is not about sex? homo[b]sex[/b]uality. Cant u see what is there - it didnt say homofrienshibility so that we know it is all about hanging out in a bar, drink some bottle of bears, watch football, go home and watch Indecency and self-service urself. It is not friendship. If it is not about sex and friendship then we may say all men are homos, but this is about putting some d*ick inside another man, muscle tight, veins lined shit box
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by Cayon(f): 9:02pm On Dec 27, 2008
@Poster

You sure could fool me, . . . . . I mean Really? What percentage are you talking about or on a scale of 1 to 10, what's your pick? Reason for me asking is - Based on what I read on this Forum - The men are ALWAYS looking for girls and there are lot of flirtatious girls

Peace
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by JJYOU: 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2008
OutlukBabe:

What u!!! Me wicked, well unless u put ur di*ck inside shit too!!! I'm very sure of that. Some men are just sick, need to be put behid bars. don't tell sexual preference bla bla bla.
why do you think abusing another woman is cool my dear? stop being nasty to yourselves please
Re: Homosexualism In Nigeria by OutlukBabe(f): 9:26pm On Dec 27, 2008
JJYOU:

why do you think abusing another woman is cool my dear? stop being nasty to yourselves please
Did I abuse anyone, I didnt abuse anyone. U just came and said Im a wicked soul just like that!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Weddings Which Is The Best?!?!!! / How Often Do You Go To Your Village / Ten Most Popular Traditional Festival Celebrated In Igbo Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.