Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,893 members, 7,806,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? (20326 Views)

In Memory Only (Romance) / Addicted To Romance Novels? / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by iice(f): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2008
I did read FITA and ITBT and i think PITW but yeah FITA was the one that stood out when i was younger.

I heard that McNaught is really good. I have only read one of her books, i liked it but it wasn't like wow wow wow for me.

I don't remember the ones i read in high school, except one author Betty Neels, aswerigad the driest of the dry. Mind you i was only looking for the sex pages, eeekkk tongue

Ok its not only for the sex tongue but some of them are fun. Like this one i read with lots of creatures and magic, i kindda forgot it was a romance book. Was more interested in the shape shifters, the battle of good and evil and what not cheesy
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by kachiside: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
Why all these fuss about why ladies read romance novel. well is should be why most ladies read it.
for me, i read it when i was in high school, i can steal, beg just to read Romance novels, but now i hardly glance at them except if i don't have anything wortwhile to read or to do.

They are so boring, the same story, guy meets a girl, fall in love, qurrel and later find out that they can not live without each other and then they make up. some ladies think na so life they, that if they qurrel with their guy, that they will make make up and live happily ever after, RUBBISH.

Give me Mario Puzo, Robert Lundum, Agatha Christe, Federick Forsthy or any Good interesting novel that is not Romance, they you will see busy.

But then, every body has his or own choice to make.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Moyola(f): 1:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
"Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels?"

Y shuldnt we? angry

u gat a prob wid it? tongue

like guys don't read romance novelz!!!! undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by vislabraye(m): 4:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
I think another reason is that , women are wired in such a way to love deceit and illusion. Thats why they easily swallow up lies. But if only they could be more objective and realise that there isn't any "MR Perfect", it would help them a long way
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 4:08am On Aug 29, 2008
I read uncountable romance novels, I ended up being so cynical, so what does that say about me Mr. Vislabraye?
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by nj11(f): 7:27am On Aug 29, 2008
Why do i read romance novels
It's the fantasy of a girl finding a man that comes with the whole package,which not posible to find in the real world.

And some of them make me Hot. ;Dh
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by timbabng(m): 10:43am On Aug 29, 2008
. . . . probably because ladies are more emotional than men
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by romsky: 1:12pm On Aug 29, 2008
Perhaps its because we fantasy our men to be caring, romantic, attentive, vibrant, hulks, sexy, av devilish smiles & more tolerant with the happily eva afta impossibility.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by cartonflie(m): 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2008
because i belive it gets more intersting when u know the kind of name, and how horrible/swt d name is going to b
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by cartonflie(m): 7:38pm On Aug 30, 2008
hey bia, bia they said y do women like reading (ROMANCE NOVELZ)nt guys ok? by d way people like u don't read novelz, simply asn, who is the writer of "shakespare" and romeo&juliet
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by cartonflie(m): 7:41pm On Aug 30, 2008
ruby pearl to me they scare me @ night. cry
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by cartonflie(m): 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2008
my dear stillwater don't talk like u don't knw wat i am saying, u women are heart breakers, after all dat romance reading they still cheat all in d name of LOVE
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by vislabraye(m): 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2008
stillwater:

I read uncountable romance novels, I ended up being so cynical, so what does that say about me Mr. Vislabraye?
, I wonder what value it adds to you you, Are you trying to say you are too hard to bliv what they say? U'll b e surprised how wrong you are
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by qoam(f): 2:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
grin ;Dso whats the big deal? dont you know you improve your english by reading it?
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by ayobase(m): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
and ur emotional life also.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by tosenee: 12:49pm On Sep 03, 2008
Well, i believe they all know what's gonna happen at the end of the novel. That's what i don't like (i didn't say hate).
No suspense, whatsoever. It's dry, yet they dream and overwork themslves.
I'm not trying to be harsh, but it's the truth. Take it or leave it.
1 LOVE.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Sep 03, 2008
vislabraye:

, I wonder what value it adds to you you, Are you trying to say you are too hard to bliv what they say? You'll b e surprised how wrong you are

I read (past tense). wink
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by tesyes: 2:29am On Sep 06, 2008
all those who said reading novels are wrong you guys are all losers
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by trastar(f): 10:03am On Sep 09, 2008
cos that is the closest we can get to the man of our dreams.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by prizeless(m): 10:35am On Sep 10, 2008
80% of a lady's mind is in fantasyland, and so they like tostay there with the help of romantic novels and movies. Most ladies live in dreamland and not the real world. One tip to win a lady's heart easily; tell them nice things that sound real but are not real.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by emiechat: 10:48am On Sep 10, 2008
Many ladies do not know what the want and so seek guidance in romantic novels being ignorant of the fact that most of its features are not absolutely applicable in real life. They are mere fantasies.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by abujabooks(f): 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2008
Not all ladies read romantic novels.

I read business and christian books.

Afterall, what will I gain from reading romantic novels. But, I gain improve myself business and financial wise.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by jackblade(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2008
are you sure they read the book they hold or jus carry it around to pose that they can read.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 6:22am On Sep 13, 2008
to escape from the reality of dating nigerian men
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by mohawkchic(f): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2008
~One Word . . . Escapism!!!~
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by XKZ(m): 7:10pm On Sep 13, 2008
I don't think its about its about fantasy because everyone fantasizes (we all hunger for what we don't have).
It's more about what we want from life (our priorities), ladies mostly are searching for Mr. Right and guys are generally more materialistic (money, power, respect).
It's a little like the saying "a successful man is one who can make more money than his wife can spend, a successful woman is one who can find such a man".
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by janami(f): 8:13pm On Sep 13, 2008
Not all ladies.i only tolerate romance novels
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by gem87(f): 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2008
Romance Novels provide great escape from this rough and evil world
those few hours spent engrossed in one provides total relief and keeps
you optimistic, yes mills and boon novels are so bloodyy predicatble and
gets boring after a while cuz quite frankly those writers are running out of
creativity and ideas, yeah different genres like medical, historical, sensual etc might seem
like there is variety the stories lines are all too similar,
now i have diverted to black romance or african-american as you might prefer to call them
and while they still end in happy endings they definitely have a grasp on reality and possess more substance than mills and boon and
silhouette novels, am talking about brenda jackson, rochelle alers,etc ,
just find romance by black authors and you'll know what i'm talking about.
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 15, 2008
Because
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by seandiddy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2008
because i feel ladies are soft hearted compared to men, abi wetin una think? smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by ayobase(m): 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2008
maybe to get things
work out
in relationship!!
Re: Why Do Ladies Like To Read Romance Novels? by angelina08(f): 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
Like me i like reading romance novels why because it teaches me some things i don't now about, like how to kiss, romance and how to handle your man very well.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Children Of Thunder / Getting Lost In Lust (18+) / More Than A Flirt (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.