Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,721 members, 7,802,174 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? (1224 Views)

My Shocking Experiences In Public Buses----ladies Be Very Vigilant! / Ikeja City Mall (Shoprite) Escalator Excites Lagosians / Photo Of The Day : Lagosians Try To Move Range Rover Over Water With Boats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by ThisDumebi: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2006
I feel sad indeed to see Lagosians going home on crowded buses.Do we have to suffer ourselves to death?Can't we insist on the way we should sit on the bus?Lets change this and all!!How do you go home?
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Hotstepper(f): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2006
datz one problem i have with Nigeria esp. Lagos, I refused to enter bus when I visited home, instead I will walk 2 da nearby place am going to like UNILAG and take a taxi home so itz alwayz taxi nomatter where am going 2, percieving people's sweat and all and with da shouting esp. from the conductors and da heat on da bus, mennnnnnnn
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Seun(m): 6:59pm On Jun 26, 2006
If Lagosians are willing to pay double for transport, they will have your wish. But are they?

Nigerians are very price sensitive, my brother. If a Nigerian can save money by lapping someone, she would do it!
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by dominobaby(f): 8:17am On Jun 27, 2006
Hol on a sec!
What crowded buses r u refering tn? The Molue? Or the Danfo and Coaster buses?
Never seen a crowded danfo bus, bt if u talking molues, i'll say yes. Molues r cheaper and if u can stand da heat and odour then its all yours.

Taxis r way expensive! Not if u move around a lot.
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Shagari2(m): 8:01pm On Jun 30, 2006
Its because Lagos is such a unique international city, it relies solely on road networks so everyone has to travel by bus or car, the people are poor so not everyone has a car so most people have to travel by buses so there are too many people to too few buses, if the trains were efficient and there were more rail networks serving important parts of the city or underground or metro lines or even ferries than maybe things might be a bit better, but thats never gonna happen really is it? so lets keep, suffering and smiling smiley
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by segedoo(m): 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2006
what solutions do you proffer? huh
if they could afford better means why they be hustling
omo face reality. majority of nigerians are in a rat race
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Seun(m): 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2007
If you feel that Nigerians are willing to pay more for comfort, why not provide such a service? It will help.
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Eastcoast(f): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2007
I think the same is kind of true in many parts of the world. Even where I live. Although the metro/bus system is good, the train is usually crowed during rush hour. People stand up holding railings, squashed together and stuff. If you think molue is crowed, i wonder what you would say about Japan's trains.
Re: Why Do Lagosians Go Home On Crowded Buses? by Seun(m): 8:50pm On Mar 02, 2007
Why do Nigerians go home on crowded buses? Because the ride is cheap, of course. Very cheap!

(1) (Reply)

The Face Of A New Africa In Tinapa,calabar. / A Visit To London / Study In Hungary Fees 2700 Euro Visa Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.