Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Whch Is Most Preferred? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Whch Is Most Preferred? (1463 Views)

Your Preferred Clearing Agents! / Needed, Clean 9ja used Nissan Quest (preferred, 2005). / 1996 - 2002 Model Mercedes Benz G Class Needed (g320 Preferred) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hi all, I have the option of picking either of these cars, please let me know your views as to which should be a better option haven done an overall rating.

Ford Focus
Honda City
Nissan Sunny

1 Like

Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by Passworded: 5:11pm On Sep 09, 2008
Omo people harsh ooooooooo
This message was sent since august 22 , no reply, but if na some sleazy talk or gossip, ppl go swarm the thread, bishop tom sorry ooo
e be like say ur sermon no sell, grin
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by promise72(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2008
1. City

2. Sunny

3. Focus
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by Passworded: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2008
e be like say bishop church don dey get converts, as church don dey full small small grin grin grin
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2008
Thanks OOh, Passworded!
It's because I'm yet to be ordained as a bishop.
have to go into serious fasting.
if to say na sexuality now, dem for don reply.

but passworded, wetin be your own response?

thanks, Promise 72, but why City first?

regards
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by promise72(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2008
Lowest petrol consumption and repair cost. Thats my ratings for all
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2008
promise72:

1. City

2. Sunny

3. Focus
I think he opted for the city just because of d brand name. I want to believe your options are all brand new.
Personally, I would take the new Ford Focus first, then the city and the Sunny.
The Focus feels very sturdy and safe and drives better than the city, which is in d same class as the Toyota Yaris and Suzuki SX4.
Uve got like 100,000km factory warranty, which Briscoe FOrd honours well and the truth is i doubt if u want to drive the car for more than 4-5 years.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 11:30am On Sep 10, 2008
@ Sojiguns, Thanks. but Promise72 stated the rational for his ratings which I think are quite strong.

all the options are brand new, and you are quite right about Ford's sturdy and safety.

have you considered its fuel consumption and service issues as parts aren't in the market now?
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 11:42am On Sep 10, 2008
Honestly all the cars are made in asia.
Havent u wondered why the honda city and nissan sunny arent available in the us and uk
Although the focus is different from the one in the us and uk. I have a friend that is so hooked to ford since he bought his ranger pickup. (I actually used it for a week and i must tell u it is better than a hilux). He just bought the focus. That car feels as good as a european car should.
It is an inline 4 cylinder engine which should average about 28 - 34 mpg (i guess).
Below are a few options that arent available in the other 2 cars:
- tiptronic gearbox
- information computer (analyses mileage, engine problems, etc)

A laymans test that i like doing on cars is opening the drivers door (which is where u will be seated anyway) and close it from about 90 degrees. You hear a pleasing thud with the focus and a clank with the other two. Do the same test with the bonnet and u will see what i am talking about. I used a Toyota Yaris and was totally unimpressed. It was so bad that my friend used to call it 'roofing sheet'. I had a ghastly accident with it in april caused by d steering wheel just locking on motion. (wish i could sue toyota).
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by Passworded: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2008
Personally of the three cars d Ford is the finest, but to me thats where it stops

sojioguns:

Below are a few options that arent available in the other 2 cars:
- tiptronic gearbox
- information computer (analyses mileage, engine problems, etc)

soji those functions in the ford are what scares me the most of the 3 as u can see its the most sophisticated and automated of the three but why on earth did ford forget to cover the engine from below

I was shocked when i opened the hood and saw that it was totally opened underneath, that car is not meant for this country especially with the wet and rainy season, imagine what would happen when the fan belt picks up some puddles of water of the road, with the degree of automation in that car there would be problems, i still find it hard to understand why the bottom is opened.
Another thing is it longdevity of use, i dont see that car lasting up to 8yrs talk less of a second hand value
the other two have second hand values

Also maintenance and parts are scarce in the ford, everywhere with the sunny and also with the city,
i dont see the ford as an everyday nigerian car

, just my 2cents,
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 3:13pm On Sep 10, 2008
My Toyota Yaris didnt come with a cover too. It was my panel beater (Baba Ayaba) that bought it from Ladipo (a corolla cover) and fixed it. As for longevity I dont advise any Nigerian to use a car in Naija for more than 4 or 5 years.
The Ford Focus is about N2.6m and if u use it for 4 years and sell it for 1.8 - 2m thats a good deal. What parts? Briscoe has whatever you need for reglar servicing up until about d 100000km mileage mark. Anything major that happens before 100,000km would be under warranty. The cars are brand new and really, they werent manufactured to break down.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by Passworded: 3:38pm On Sep 10, 2008
soji wats up?
u wud agree wt me that there is no way u wud buy a for @ 2.6 and after 4-5 yrs sell it btw 1.8-2mm, who go buy am??
how much wud d brand new car be @ that time
Toyota is the most valuable car when it comes to second hand and i dont think u can get a sell that good, come to think of it who even buys new ford talk less of a used one, i dont know,
of which i wanted to ask where did u buy ur yaris, as in which dealer
cos im surprised that u wud say that abt her bottom cover, i know dat car very well

mayb u shud really think of suing Toyota, grin
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 4:20pm On Sep 10, 2008
My Yaris was bought brand new (no salvage) from Encino Dealer LA, California. My uncle lives in Cali. It was a Yaris S, which should have more options than other. They said it had power package, all season tyres, blah blah. Anyways, I cant use that car as a first car again. The mileage was great though.
I believe you sha as per d 2nd hand value of toyotas. My question is, why are people always too concerned about 2nd hand value??
Right now, I am on d prowl leaving the japanese makers all together and going for a Volvo S60.
What do ya think?
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 8:06am On Sep 11, 2008
I'm really happy that finally I'm now receiving these contributions.

for now, I'd like to narrow my choice between City and Sunny.

Passworded, thanks for making responses come in.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by Passworded: 10:04am On Sep 11, 2008
bishoptom:

Passworded, thanks for making responses come in.

youre welcome, @ times nairalanders need a little nudge here and there.

Soji,
Now these four companies av the cars that i cud buy even with high fuel consumption i wudnt give a damn,
in no specific order
1. BMW
2. MERCEDES
3. VOLVO
4. PEUGEOT

I'm so crazy about the beamers mehn but they are expensive to maintan but they are strong
As for your s60 i must say that is a good choice, i av always trusted volvo, that is a car u can use till eternity,
bu tbe ready to buy fuel ooooo
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 10:42am On Sep 11, 2008
It is so strange that Nigerians do not appreciate the Volvo. These cars are almost as expensive as Mercs in the US but here they stay so long in car dealerships. The fuel consumption of the s60 is good. 2.5l engine inline 5 cylinder. About 26 - 30mpg. I hear there is a Volvo workshop near ladipo. Is that true?
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sultaan(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2008
@sojioguns
That door test is something I do too, a crappy car sounds like a metallic clank and a loaded ar sounds solid.
Before you get the S60, take a look at the 2006 altima, and since you've decide not to get armed robbers car anymore the Ford Fusion, Chevy Impala are options.Look at Acura TL, and Lexus ES300 which you'll get or same price as Volvo.If you're thinking of fuel economy, its I5 Vs V6

Back to topic if you want luxury in your car, either get an American spec, or American car. Honda city and Nissan Sunny are not American spec
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2008
Thanks sultaan for your advice. But the other cars you listed are kinda flashy. That is exactly what I am afraid of. Would have gotten the C class but it is expensive.
I am just being paranoid since my encounter with the 'men of the night'.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sultaan(m): 7:01pm On Sep 11, 2008
sojioguns:

Thanks sultaan for your advice. But the other cars you listed are kind of flashy. That is exactly what I am afraid of. Would have gotten the C class but it is expensive.
I am just being paranoid since my encounter with the 'men of the night'.

Nobody makes 8gly cars anymore, not even Hyundai Sonata cool wink
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2008
I feel you bro. Have you seen the Brilliance cars from Hyra motors? Damn those cars are mad fine. My friend is actually d CEO of Hyra motors.
Check out the Kia cars below. Na wah oh. But so far the greatest flaw I have heard of is the evolution of the Volvo cars. The 2010 model S60 is totally flawed. From seamless straight lines to curvy rubbish. People loved the straight lines. What do you think?

Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by dyabman(m): 9:46am On Sep 12, 2008
i just love babyboy and golf 3 , my kind of car
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 7:21pm On Sep 15, 2008
Thanks guys for all your responses. But can we narrow it to the two cars i.e, Nissan sunny and Honda City?
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 7:34pm On Sep 15, 2008
Honda City if you are ok with the leg room and space inside. If not, the Sunny is ok.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 7:47am On Sep 16, 2008
A friend also giving his own view said Nissan Sunny is characterised with having Electric faults. How true is this?
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 10:38am On Sep 16, 2008
My question. WHy do you limit it to just the City and the Sunny? Check other cars out in the same range.
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by bishoptom(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2008
I am actually limited as to the choice of the cars, else would have gone for others
Re: Whch Is Most Preferred? by sojioguns(m): 10:12am On Sep 17, 2008
Then it leaves you no choice bro. Go for the City.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!!!Lagos Used Carina E For Quick Sale: / I Need Almera And Golf 3 Tokunbo / 2001 Honda Accord Ex - Runs And Drives - We Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.