Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Pimples - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pimples (4274 Views)

How Can I Clear My Pimples, Black Spots And Acnes?! / How To Get Rid Of That Stubborn Pimples / How Do You Deal With Your Pimples? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pimples by bocamadias: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2006
My friend is being killed by Pimples, she has dark spots all over her face she is 22 but she could pass for a 40 year old her face is a horrible site coz of the dark spots which made her skin look older, she has tried almost evrything to get it off no way
Can somebody suggest Something?
Re: Pimples by retro(f): 9:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
She should go see the doctor who could prescribe medications. My sister was like that but she followed some treatement for 9 months and her face is soooo clear.
Re: Pimples by humpzz: 1:32am On Jun 27, 2006
smiley wink cheesy grin She should try "DERMOVATE" (the pink and green one) or try Aloe Vera ( the raw plant) or POP-UP! lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry .
Re: Pimples by rikkyjen(m): 2:09am On Jun 27, 2006
Proactiv will do justice to her pimple's paradise of a face wink cheesy grin
Re: Pimples by iice(f): 4:20am On Jun 27, 2006
Yea proactiv is good but its better 2 go c a dermatologist 2 b sure smiley
Re: Pimples by dominobaby(f): 8:05am On Jun 27, 2006
The best thing is to go c a Dermatologist. Rather than risk a skin burn/damage.
Whatever's being used by A might not work for B.
Re: Pimples by beyunce(f): 9:31am On Jun 27, 2006
i guess she uses defferent things on her face & they seems to increase it. i.e da pimples
Re: Pimples by bocamadias: 2:51pm On Jun 27, 2006
Where can one get a good dermatologist in Nigeria? it is almost impossible!
Re: Pimples by omo07(f): 3:33am On Jun 30, 2006
well i think i've naturally been blessed with really clear skin,

but i also drink alot of water, its good for your skin
eat things with anti oxidants like green tea and avocados
don't use to many random products, i suppose pro-active really works though
try hydrogen peroxide/hydrocortisone, on the dark spots

and try to see a doctor/dermatoligist
Re: Pimples by bocamadias: 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2006
Can One get Pro-activ in Nigeria?
does it bleach? because my friend is not very fair Complexioned
Re: Pimples by omo07(f): 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2006
to my knowledge is doesn't bleach,
im sure u can find pro-active somewhere,

or maybe u can order it online,
Re: Pimples by rikkyjen(m): 4:31am On Jul 06, 2006
Proactive online fron naija shocked shocked shocked, Na yam!!! .Does naija issue mastercard,Visa etc, paypal is out of the question !!!!

Dude, sure you can find it in beauty shops in Allen/ VI, but be ready to pay with your butts, cos they know it's efficient, hmm or if you gat a relative here, tell them to buy it here and send it to ya wink

Hmm, i bought mine on the phone, sent it to naija and its has effective has Sh!t!!!1 wink
Re: Pimples by diddy4(m): 4:40am On Jul 06, 2006
proactive will do just fine. it handles all those stuff.
Re: Pimples by Seun(m): 11:48am On Jul 07, 2006
Can you see your friend's problem now? Instead of going to see a professional, she's just buying what other people are suggesting. Don't you know that if you use the wrong treatment you'll only make the situation worse? angry
Re: Pimples by Mystique(f): 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2006
@ rikkyjen:

When was the last time u were in Naija? sad

We dont only issue those cards, we acquire merchants as well, so you can actually pay wit ur MasterCard, here in Naija cheesy
Re: Pimples by contactuzo(m): 2:50pm On Jul 25, 2006
many therapies abound for acne or pimples therapy.amongst them are l antibiotics including tetracycline,the most effective acne therapy remains benzoyl peroxide but unfortunately is not readily availabl in nigeria,and is expensive.dermatologists have founda new lasting topical solution.that is cheap and readily available.HYDROGEN PEROXIDE 3% or 6% depending on the degree of your pimples.simply apply 3 times daily and u will notice improvements in 6-7days.continue applying until pimples clear completely.
the sideeffects are
1.stinging will occur while applying
2.it bleaches the hair to brown.so apply using cotten wool so as to avoid hairline and eyebrows
recommended products -EVANS or SGK hydrogen peroxide.other brands are less concentrated but work all the same.
price is btw 100-60 per bottle
good luck.dont forget to thank me later and send me a picture when u get better!!
Re: Pimples by angel1: 12:31am On Jul 27, 2006
more suggestions,more confusion.i think wat ur friend shud do is to see a dermatologist cos she have to undastand dat everyone's skin is different and evryone's skin select different ingredients.she will find good ones mostly in lagos and Abuja where they hv to test her skin tone and know wat kind of ingredient will be good on her skin.whether in chemical forms or herbal.but she have to bear in mind dat its goin to be xpensive and she hv to also know dat dere re so many faked Dermo in abuja and lag.wen she goes,she shud check 4 certificates on the wall.cert of completion of course abroad.also wth pictures of verification during course training and pictures of b4 and after clients though they mite not show her pictures of prominent people.
if she cant go tru dat process then i will advice dat b4 she tries anytin on her face,she shud try it on the inside of her hand to chek 4 irritancy and am sure is due to excess trials on her face dat has made the situation look worst.
Re: Pimples by Rlst84sale(m): 2:54am On Apr 07, 2007
Pimples are one of the body's ways of eliminating toxin from the body. Tell her to drink clean water. Eat break fast of fresh fruits late in the morning, it helps the body to go through cleansing because the body goes through cleansing from 4. a.m to 12. 00 p.m daily, that's the way God programs our body. Stay away from animal products, refined sugar, table salt, white flour foods, soda. Tell her to reduce her foods to one cooked meal a day. The rest fruits and vegetables with more carriots in the food or carriots juice made fresh in your own kitchen. A little exercise of 15 to 30 minutes a  day. That would help. God bless.
Re: Pimples by oshy(m): 5:26am On Apr 10, 2007
The best way to prevent acne is to take proper care of your skin using the right products

There sure is a lot of confusion out there regarding acne prevention. Some people say to scrub your face all day, eat the right foods, avoid sweat, exercise, and on and on. Unfortunately, these have nothing to do with acne prevention.

Acne prevention is best accomplished by following a skin care routine that incorporates three basic steps. In one form or another, the skin must be cleansed, treated, and protected. As long as these steps are followed, a person's acne should improve.

Acne Prevention Step 1: Cleansing

Due to what we know about how acne is formed, it is pretty clear that it makes sense to gently cleanse your skin on a regular basis. This doesn't mean scrubbing a way at your face 5 times a day. It means using a good cleansing product to gently wash away dead skin cells and impurities. Also, it doesn't hurt if your cleanser contains proven acne fighters like benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

Acne Prevention Step 2: Treatment

For optimum acne prevention, the skin must be treated with something that minimizes bacteria (like benzoyl peroxide) or slows down the shedding of skin cells (like salicylic acid). There are many fine manufacturers of these products who will provide guidelines as to how long these products should remain on the face and how often they should be used.

Acne Prevention Step Three: Protection

The last step in acne prevention is protection. By protection, we mean that the face should be properly moisturized and protected from the sun's damaging rays. There are a great number of quality moisturizers available that contain sunscreens in them. Another thing to keep in mind, many acne treatments tend to dry out the skin a bit making moisturizers extra important.

There you have it, a simple 3 step plan for acne prevention. Although individual products can be bought for each step, we would recommend using an acne kit that provides all three. We have ranked and reviewed what we feel are the 5 best acne prevention kits or systems currently on the market. That would be a good place to start in your search for effective acne prevention products.

Acne Prevention

Proactiv® Solution - Complete Acne Prevention System
Re: Pimples by Rlst84sale(m): 6:32pm On Apr 10, 2007
@Oshy

All well said, and not to discredit your knowledge of skin care, however, as I wrote earlier, pimples is one of the ways the body gets rid of toxins from the system. The skin is the largest organ through which the body removes waste from the system. Let me ask you a question here, if your car shows you a problem signal or red light and you turn off the light, does that remove the problem?, I would guess that answer is no, that's what you do when you start applying chemicals to your skin when the actual problem is not corrected. What people should do is cleanse their system of toxins and then feed their body with living fresh fruits and vegetables, clean water, adequate rest, stay away from animal product, table salt, white flour products you will be amazed how the skin will clear off with time. Good luck
Re: Pimples by i4serious: 12:08am On Apr 23, 2007
U know what?There is no amount of medications or cream prescribed if she presses her pimples I tell u there would be no solution.
1st thing is that she should try as much as possible to avoid pressing or squeezing it out as this makes the skin wrinkle and it will result in scar or spot which is very difficult to  clear.
Wash ur face as often as possible,avoid oily things like groundnut,butter margarine,vegetable oil e.tc
After all these are done,then u can now use any cream or medication earlier prescribed.
I don't think her  face can be as bad as mine,but I noticed if I avoided pressing it my face looks better and those pimples will dry up themselves .But if I pressed them Oh my God!my face will look messy.
Re: Pimples by myssfyne(f): 6:23am On Apr 29, 2007
Your friend should use antibiotic and proactive, it really worked for me, within 1month it will clear. But you need to continue the proactive like forever if not the acne will reappear.
Re: Pimples by Mustay(m): 9:00pm On Apr 29, 2007
This topic has been dealt with before
Re: Pimples by amelishelah: 9:11am On Nov 23, 2014
use crusader soad and funbact-a

(1) (Reply)

The Most Dangerous Drug Is Not Illegal (data Chart) / Doctors Pls Help!!! What Is Happening To Me (graphics Details!!!) / COVID-19 Update For August 30 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.