Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) (19695 Views)

Should I Return The Funds / Should I Return Salary Paid In Error After Resignation? / Should I Return To Nigeria To Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:03pm On Jul 01, 2006
Quote from Mr Jackal
Can u tell me the ratio of the Nigerians that are working to the non-working Nigerians in the UK?
The ratio is almost 1 to 10.

Only 1 out of 10 Nigerians that walk the streets of UK are working.

Here, it is 10% Nigerians that are working.

Jackal:

75% of the Nigerians living in the UK cannot provide a genuine proof of income.
Is that what u call hard work? I am having a laugh. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Here, it is 25% that are working.

I wonder where you get all these statistics for God sake.

How many Nigerians work in NHS (as doctors and Nurses) ?

How many nigerians have their own private practice in UK ( Private Doctors and Lawyers)?

How many Nigerians work as a Social Worker in UK?

How many Nigerian Professors work in UK Universities?

How many Naija work in Local Councils (Boroughs)

Mr Jackal, Where do this people lie in your percentage?

ARE they fraudulent lazy people?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:20pm On Jul 01, 2006
Quote from Jackal
I know loadz of ACCA certified Nigerians who are making cool dough in UK. These are people that have foresight and they know those degrees can't put them ahead of others and they all decided to add some extra skills to their CVs.

I have a friend who has HND in Accounting in Naija, now ACCA certified in UK, has 4 years visa but cannot find job in accountancy firm in Uk, She works in Sainsburys.

Can you be of help Mr Jackal?

Jackal:

Protection Masters are employees of the London Underground indirectly.

The Protection Masters all carry the London Underground ID on em anytime they have to work on the Underground so they work indirectly for the LUL.

Now you have inscribe the word "indirectly".

They carry Undeground ID just to enter underground in order to do their work.

Check their Payslips, you will never see anything like Underground. They were paid by their agencies not London UnderG.

Still avoiding my questions and appointment though grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 1:49pm On Jul 01, 2006
@ Akola,

Dont muddle up the argument.

My statistics say:
Only 10% of the Nigerians staying in the UK are working.
AND only 25% of the Nigerians staying in the UK can show a genuine proof of income.

The 15% difference are the ones that are smart enough to claim they are self-employed.
I mean these peopz claim they do sell stuffs on Ebay,braid/plait hair at home,baby-sit and other dank jobs to make their living every day.
There's no paper-work to prove or disprove 'em.
U cannot really place a finger on what they do but they do not have a regular job.
They bend the law without actually breaking it cos they don't pay tax.

I believe u don't have an idea of the population of Nigerians in the UK.
When u come to terms with the figure then u will know all the stuffs u have listed are like tiny drops of water compared to an ocean of jobless youths.
Are u kidding me?
When are u coming to the UK?
I want u to visit the Barking & Dagenham Areas, South-East and North Woolwich and come back to tell me ur experience.
Boys just loiter on the streetz or sleep at home all day scheming ways to get paid.
The Population of Nigerian inmates @ Belmarsh Prisons might give u an idea of what i am talking about.

Ya friend that has ACCA certified in UK might have some other problems u don't know.
Can she communicate very well? Has she got self-confidence?
What about her references and her age?
Has she got any gap of inactive years on her CV?
What about her CRB?

What are the questions u think i am avoiding?
I'm sure i have answered all ur questions. grin grin grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 6:24pm On Jul 01, 2006
@Akola

When next are you going to the UK? Why are you so in touch with the UK and Live in Ibadan?

@Jackal

I do not Live in the UK, but i think that opportunities are limited, and therefore life is a lot harder than what you saw out in Cali.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by LoverBwoy(m): 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2006
Mr akolawole

what you are saying basically is that there is no job in the UK or that Nigerians are not Employed in the U.K

to be honest with u a high percentage of nigerians in the Uk do not have complete papers therefore would not apply for proffessional jobs that said the most of them that i know are hard working, earn enough to pay rent and constantly send money back home.

A high percentage of nigerians coming to work in the Uk are adults usually without degree, or unrecognised qualifications

There are many nigerian working legitimately at councils,universities(Dr john Durodola, Head of Mechanical Engineering/tutor-Oxfordbrookes), prof Ndy Ekere-Medway school of engineering), many more lawyers, and loads of Nurses in the NHS,

Nigerians that work in offices are countless, i still don know what exactly u are trying to proof but if u think of it properly the majority of nigerians in the Uk dont no have complete papers to work or live in the UK

As per qualifications, if u search any job ads nowadays u barely see where they want degrees,masters,certificates bla bla bla, what they are particular about are ur experience and how confident you are with what you know.

having the ability of sending money back to family and freinds paying,hospital bills and school fees back hom in nigeria will proof whatever they get is not making them RICH BUT COMFORTABLE
the uk system doesnt make u a rich immigrant but u can definately live a very comfortable life working likle everybody else and if u dont think a job is below u

and u still have not advised the lady that started the topic- thats not unusual of u wink

anyone thats very business minded should head to the states wink thats if they even give u papers at the embassy
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 02, 2006
I sorta came into this late but Jackal I am going to correct a lot of anomalies in your post, i have lived in the UK for 10yrs and i worked for TFL for 4 yrs before i left in 2004. First of all Protection Masters like Akola rightly said are not TfL staff but agency staff, they are given an entry permit not a staff ID like TfL staff. The permit allows them onto the premises to work and only when they are scheduled to work. A staff ID on the other hand gives limitless access even to stations that you don't normally work. As for medicals Tfl does not has never done medicals for agency staff, they can however be tested for what we call DNA (drugs and alcohol) this by the way is randomly done, it is to ensure that nobody on the premises is working under influence of drugs or alcohol, Tfl is also not responsible for security checks on agency staff it is up to the agency to do that on their staff. As for the certifications it costs way over £1000 get the certifications, getting an entry permit and fire certs alone these days will cost you around £200 maybe more and the only thing you can do with with these is cleaning on the underground. Protection Master is the highest stage, to get it you need to have the two i mentioned above, then track & safety cert, then signal man cert, then SPIC ( site person in charge), then something else which i have forgotten what it's called and then finally PM. U'll spend close to £2k. For most nigerians this kind of money is a tall order especially when u have bills to pay and folks at home calling you for dough all the time. As par project management and prince 2 unless u have some kind of experience or willing to work voluntarily initially (this can be hard as there is no free lunch in this town) u stand no chance, i don't know any lazy nigerians in this obodo haven't met one yet, but having said all of this the trick is never to give up or relegate yourself to where they think you should be. As for the person who asked the question my advice is similar to what a number of people have said, come back and keep in touch with your applications in naija, HSMP can be a mistake sometimes. I know 4 people personally now that all regret packing their bags, although one of them is almost on his way up, the others are still doing menial jobs. Goodluck and if need some guidance when you get here u can always email me, my email should be in my profile
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:58pm On Jul 02, 2006
@Naijababe

Thanks jare, my friend Jackal can call IBB Obasanjo with facts grin

@LoverBwouy

You cannot understand my arguments until you read this thread from the begining.

Jackal says Nigerians in UK are Lazy because they earn less than £10 an hour.

He's working hard and i will be meeting this hardworking man in few days time.

@Jackal
I am serious, choose any location in Liverpool Street or London Bridge as from Monday 3rd July.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:01pm On Jul 02, 2006
Old Glory:

@Akola

When next are you going to the UK? Why are you so in touch with the UK and Live in Ibadan?

@Jackal

I do not Live in the UK, but i think that opportunities are limited, and therefore life is a lot harder than what you saw out in Cali.

1) Few of us are not Abroad FOREVER.

2) Opportunities are very very very limited in UK.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akola,

Dont muddle up the argument.

My statistics say:
Only 10% of the Nigerians staying in the UK are working.
AND only 25% of the Nigerians staying in the UK can show a genuine proof of income.

The 15% difference are the ones that are smart enough to claim they are self-employed.
I mean these peopz claim they do sell stuffs on Ebay,braid/plait hair at home,baby-sit and other dank jobs to make their living every day.
There's no paper-work to prove or disprove 'em.
U cannot really place a finger on what they do but they do not have a regular job.
They bend the law without actually breaking it because they don't pay tax.

I believe u don't have an idea of the population of Nigerians in the UK.
When u come to terms with the figure then u will know all the stuffs u have listed are like tiny drops of water compared to an ocean of jobless youths.
Are u kidding me?
When are u coming to the UK?
I want u to visit the Barking & Dagenham Areas, South-East and North Woolwich and come back to tell me your experience.
Boys just loiter on the streetz or sleep at home all day scheming ways to get paid.
The Population of Nigerian inmates @ Belmarsh Prisons might give u an idea of what i am talking about.

Ya friend that has ACCA certified in UK might have some other problems u don't know.
Can she communicate very well? Has she got self-confidence?
What about her references and her age?
Has she got any gap of inactive years on her CV?
What about her CRB?

What are the questions u think i am avoiding?
I'm sure i have answered all your questions. grin grin grin

1) You are still avoiding all those personal questions.

2) ACCA Friend: She's ok, She worked with 7-up in Naija, communicates well, No Gap year, She finishes ACCA last December, She was born in 1975. I can even post her ACCA number and passcode for you to check her result. Yet no work

3) I believe Nigerians in UK will be about 1 million people but Jackal, where did you get all those your yeye Statistics?
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 6:32pm On Jul 02, 2006
Akola
He may be avoiding the personal questions because they are PERSONAL. I hope you understand that. Anyway
I am Loving the UK on UK bashing and disagreements. I do not particularly like the UK, i think it is bleeped.But i think Jackal is holding his own, and i think you maybe sounding like a pessimist. Because, i think things are working for the Dude(Jackal) and he has an optimistic view of what people can do with very little. I disagree with the "Nigerians are Lazy" Statement. But if he making all that money, then more power to him right? Akolawole if you surround yourself around successful people, you will usually succeed. But when exactly are you in going to be in London? I wish i could be there and buy you a beer. No not a beer, because i might end up breaking the bottle on your head. How about we do Soda!! grin grin grin grin

Jackal

Why were you in the US for certifications/study for 11months? Are you able to use those certifications in the IT field to make money in the UK. I hope you will agree that Nigerians in the US are doing the damn thing!! More opportunities here and hard working people all the way.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 7:36pm On Jul 02, 2006
@ Akola,
I don't know the questions u are talking about.
What else do u want me to tell u?
U have my age and the 1st letters of my NI number so what else do u want to know?

I was in UCLA, California for a Wi-fi course and a laboratory IT course on CWNP(Cisco Wireless Network Professional)
These courses are selling like hot-cakes right now in the UK and its working for me really well.
California is much harder for a student than UK.
Things were too hard and human rights laws are less regarded in US. grin
I was bleeping amazed the way cops carry guns on em to terrorise citizens as if i was in Basra/Afghanistan.
We don't get to see such over here.
I had nightmares of cops shooting at me for month while i was in the States. grin( just joking)

I think i prefer the UK to the US because UK is very compact.
Transportation in the UK is top-notch compared to anything i saw in the US.
The English folks are more accomodating and life here is not as complicated as the US.
USA is too big for comfort.
I think u should try life in the UK soon. Its exciting.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 8:23pm On Jul 02, 2006
@Jackal

Sorry Bro! The US works for me. The UK is too small, people are timid,people are cold,country is generally hard, and there are too many damn Arabs.I hate Camera's everywhere you to in London. I love to drive my big gas guzzling SUV, I Love my Guns, Love big spaces in my home, Love my yard and lawn, I will not relocate for a Million dollars. I love our system of government. I am sorry but i have lived in the UK before and will never ever go back.

But anyway we have different views of our respective countries, i respect your views. I will sit back and watch you and Akolawole eat each other out, while i watch. By the way it has been a lot of fun, and i think you are holding urs against a group of pessimist.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2006
Jackal:

@ Akola,
I don't know the questions u are talking about.
What else do u want me to tell u?
U have my age and the 1st letters of my NI number so what else do u want to know?

My Questions of post #79, please leave out the immigration status. And

#when did you started working in UK?
#Where about in London do you live?

@Jackal

Do you know why all UK based Nairalanders left this thread?

Old Glory:

i think it is bleeped.But i think Jackal is holding his own, and i think you maybe sounding like a pessimist. Because, i think things are working for the Dude(Jackal) and he has an optimistic view of what people can do with very little. I disagree with the "Nigerians are Lazy" Statement. But if he making all that money, then more power to him right? Akolawole if you surround yourself around successful people, you will usually succeed. But when exactly are you in going to be in London? I wish i could be there and buy you a beer. No not a beer, because i might end up breaking the bottle on your head. How about we do Soda!! grin grin grin grin

## God has been good to me and my immediate family but i cant expantiate here because of my name##

## Jackal understand so much about Protection Masters, encourage people to join but claimed to be working for a Telecom Outfit##

### I will be in London tommorow but this man is running away from meeting me###
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 9:56am On Jul 03, 2006
@ Old Glory,

There u go again. Nigerians based in America always tease me with the word "timid".
A friend of mine once asked me why we r so afraid of cops who don't carry guns? He thinks people in the UK are timid as well.

Akola is just a pessimist. Can u see the way they have twisted the whole arguments into something else?
I am glad i was able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that u can actually break the shackles of poverty by taking courses to get good paying jobs.
None of 'em could argue that Protection Masters don't make as much as £180 a day.
Is it not better to spend £2000 on courses like this and get a guaranteed job than spending £8,000-£11,000 on a Masters degree that doesn't guarantee u a job?
I know £2000 is a big ASK for some people but its not the most difficult thing in the world to get.
Who cares whether Protection Masters are London Underground staffs or not?
Its all about the benjamins and for £180 a day u are earning around £46000($90000) per annum.
What more does Akola want? Pay without work?

@ Akola
I started work in the UK around 2001.

The reason why UK Nairalanders left this thread was because they r now making calls and taking courses on IT and maybe London Underground exams.
A lotta people would have benefited a lot on this thread with the amount of info we have been able to give.

The most important point is that with as little as £1000-£2000, u can get jobs that pay at least £500-£900 a week which is a very good pay packet anywhere in the world.

I stay around North West area of London.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 3:51pm On Jul 03, 2006
Jackal:

Who cares whether Protection Masters are London Underground staffs or not?

He eat his word at last! grin

Jackal:

Akola is just a pessimist. Can u see the way they have twisted the whole arguments into something else?
Its all about the benjamins and for £180 a day u are earning around £46000($90000) per annum.

I am not a Pessimit but i just pity thousands of people that will be fooled with these figures.
I have seen hundreds of people in London, Brussels, Amsterdam and Paris who left a comfotable jobs in Nigeria to make quick money abroad but were sleeping on bus N89 from Trafagar Square to Erith daily.
I have seen marriages crumbled and i have seen a lot.

Coming back to your figures, i am sure definitely you are talking about Gross pay, can you tell us the net-pay(the money that actually get to your hand less Tax and NI contribution)?

Also provide the following:

1) How much is the rent in North-West in a month?

2) How much is your Council tax?

3) Congestion Charge nko?

4) Gas and Electricity bill?

5) Child Minders

6) Sky Digital and TV Licence

7) MOT and Insurance.

If Okocha is reported to be earning £40k a week, how much actually gets to Baba's hand in a week.

Ovation's Dele Momodu was compelled to re-locate to Ghana from London. Why?

## Uk based Nairalander told me in my dream that because you called them Lazy folks, they are leaving this thread grin##

## Oh boy, i can meet you in a Chinese Restaurant called Hainnous Buffet( not sure of the spellings again) at Golder's green( Towards Brent cross)
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2006
Akolawole

If i were able to be in London Tomorrow, i will have met you in the Chinese restaurant. I hate Chinese food though, but i will have loved to shake the Bad luck and Jinx out of your body. But Drinks would be on me. Cross over the Pond and come to the States and i will show you how Ballers ball.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2006
At the risk of sounding like i am on Akola side, i will tell you this my husband and i left our jobs in london and they are not menial jobs and we were not lazy, between us we were earning around £60k basic per year with O/T around £70k. i am under 30 and my husband is slightly over 30 but we both left for one and one reason only, transferable skills. If for one reason or another we decide or circumstance dictates a move from the UK, we'd have to start from scratch wherever we go, advocating that it should just be all about benjamins is a warped way of looking at things in my own opinion, this protection master thing you are talking about have you spoken to anyone who is doing the thing, trust me they are not happy bunnies (atleast the ones I know) these jobs are mindless jobs that doesn't task you in any way u just do it because it pays the bills. I know quite a bunch of them who are trying to get one qualification or the other so they can get out. This job is right for anyone over forty with nothing left to do but to feed their families, or young chaps who are interested only in the short term for those who really wanna make it try being a lawyer, an engineer or even an accountant or even go into teaching or IT as suggested by Jackal you earn cool money and what you do is something you can proudly say anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Akola,

Why r u making this difficult for urself?
I dunno why u need answers to this questions. Do i look like Queen Elizabeth?

The people that left comfortbale jobs in Nigeria to London should have made contigency plans before taking such huge risks.
London is not for everyone just like the US is not for someone like me.
I love England and i like the way things work here.

Marriages crumble beause of the British Dream?
AKOLA?
Tell me anywhere in the world where marriages cannot crumble?
Marriage is a different issue, please don't mix the 2 turfs together.

Back to ur journalistic questions.,

1) I dunno how much rent in the North West area cos i don't pay rents.
*** All i know is things are expensive here compared to some other parts of London and u don't have to stay around NW.

2) I don't pay council tax as well cos my student status does not permit to pay it until september though.
I doubt it if its more than £100 which is not too bad.

3)I don't pay congestion charges cosi don't take my car to any congestion area.
Everyone uses the London Underground even company executives.
This is very avoidable so rule it out.

4) Gas and Electricity bill comes once a year and its not too much to bear.
 £200-£400 a year is not a bad bargain .

5)I don't have kids yet so i don't need a child minder.

6)Skyplus Digital is about £50 a month.
I'm prepared to pay £1000 a month for Premiership games so this one is more of a necessity to me than luxurious.
I am a die-hard soccer fan. I can starve for football games on TV. grin

7) MOT/Insurance is kinda peanuts.
I cannot drive without an insurance so what are we talking about.
If u cannot afford to maintain a car then sell it.
Its a matter of choice here. Everybody does not drive in London even if they can afford it.

Dele Momodu relocated back to Ghana for his own good reasons.
Don't forget he made his fortune in a country u have condemned so much.
U have contradicted urself by bringing this name up on this thread.

I dunno how Okocha's wages work out.
Without a doubt, the amount that goes into his pocket every week cannot be less than £32,000.

U better wake up from this nightmare u call a dream.
Any Nairalander talking to u in a dream might be a  psychopathic demon in disguise.
U'd better run to ur pastor for spiritual deliverance. grin

I have a very busy schedule.
A systems engineer on contract works for hours to maximise the period of his contracts.
My job sometimes takes me to the remote areas of UK like Shropshire and Isle of Wight.
I leave my social outings for weekends ONLY.
Lemme have ur itinerary for the week to see if i can squeeze some time to meet the greatest pessimist i have ever met.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2006
Naijababe

I am a bit confused on what your point is. You left London for where and why? If you were making 70k a year that is nearly $120. I know it is not always about the Cheese, but damn!!! Help me understand.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Akola tell your friend working at sainsburys to go to her personnel manager and ask for a secondment at their head office or any of their branches to work as an accountant, she should say that she is willing to work for the same pay. This may be difficult as sainburys is going thru a difficult period right now but you never know, also tell her to check www.tfl.gov.uk these days they are hunting for ACCA qualified people. Also tell her to check council websites some are listed below you'd be in for a rude shock how much they people pay their staff, not Wandsworth though they are cheap skates
www.hackney.gov.uk
www.lewisham.gov.uk
www.southwark.gov.uk
www.lambeth.gov.uk
www.brent.gov.uk
also tell her to call this agency called Morgan Hunt and ask for Max Churchwood she should tell Max that Rasheedat referred her ( I did a stint with them and they were quite sad to see me go)the number is 0207 419 8900, one of these options should set the ball rolling for her even if it means starting in an administrative role, it is a move in the right direction and the sad truth is that in this country HNDs are not equivalent to a degree but it shouldn't stop her believe me once she is on her way up she can get a degree in two years or three if done part-time. Wish her all the best
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by OldGlory1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 03, 2006
Jackal

He sure is a Pessimist. Even i must agree with you on that one.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Old glory i left to make myself more marketable and get transferable skills, £70k a year between my husband and mind you in 3yrs i know we we treble that. I left to obtain a masters in Petroleum engineering, have just gotten a job of my dream with ExxonMobil in the UK whilst my husband also left for a masters in Corrosion engineering and he also has a job in an oil servicing firm as we speak i know it may sound crazy but i have goals that i don't intend to let something as stupid as the short term take away from me
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 8:27pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Naijababe,

I don't expect all the Protection Masters to be satisfied with their jobs. We must understand human beings are insatiable.
Football players earn as much as £120k a week and they still want more so satisfaction ain't the crux of this matter.

naijababe:

This job is right for anyone over forty with nothing left to do but to feed their families, or young chaps who are interested only in the short term for those who really want to make it try being a lawyer, an engineer or even an accountant or even go into teaching or IT as suggested by Jackal you earn cool money and what you do is something you can proudly say anywhere.

This is why i disagree with Nigerians in diaspora.
One should be very proud to say what he/she does anywhere as long as u don't steal to earn money.
Its not as if these white folks don't do menial jobs too so whatz the stigma about?

The reason why we differ so much on this topic is the cultural aspect/moral values of we Nigerians in Diaspora.
Lets leave the Nigerian mentality out of this and think like Europeans.
White women work in the pubs + Pole-Dancing and strip teases to pay their bills and they feel proud to say it anywhere.
Until we Nigerians think this way all jobs will remain dirty and smudgy.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2006
@ Jackal i guess you have not met the kind of white people i have met then you will know that the whites do attach stigma as much as we do, but you seem to have misunderstood my point which is why would you limit yourself to being a beer server in pub or a pole dancer when you know you can do better. I do agree with you that you should be proud of whatever you as long as it's legal, unless i didn't understand you all i got from your posts is that what you do should only be about what you can earn right now but i don't agree especially when you know you have the capabilities to better. The people that are not satisfied are not because they know they can do better things but the money they make stops them from taking the right step and if i wanted it to all about benjies as you seem to advocate i will be a plumber or a mechanic. Go and check how much the average plumber or mechanic makes you'd be in for a rude shock. The same white woman that you talking about ask her if she wants her daughter to do the same especially if she's smart and hear the answer you'd get
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 9:01pm On Jul 03, 2006
Okay o.
I rest ma case but i still believe there's so much money one can make in the UK.

Akolais just a born-pessimist.
I am going to alert Scotland Yard of his arrival at Heathrow cos he hates the UK with a passion.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 03, 2006
Now i fully and completey agree with you, there's plenty or money to be made in the UK and Akola is a tad pessimistic i agree keep rolling in your beaucoup cool
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 03, 2006
And i know i will get a barrage from Akola but i absolutely love the UK, man this country rocks if you know how to swing to the groove
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 11:52pm On Jul 03, 2006
Jackal:

1) Marriages crumble beause of the British Dream?
AKOLA?
Tell me anywhere in the world where marriages cannot crumble?
Marriage is a different issue, please don't mix the 2 turfs together.

Back to your journalistic questions.,

2) I don't know how much rent in the North West area because i don't pay rents.
*** All i know is things are expensive here compared to some other parts of London and u don't have to stay around NW.

3) I don't pay council tax as well because my student status does not permit to pay it until september though.
I doubt it if its more than £100 which is not too bad.

4) Gas and Electricity bill comes once a year and its not too much to bear.
£200-£400 a year is not a bad bargain .

5) Dele Momodu relocated back to Ghana for his own good reasons.
Don't forget he made his fortune in a country u have condemned so much.
U have contradicted yourself by bringing this name up on this thread.

6)I don't know how Okocha's wages work out.
Without a doubt, the amount that goes into his pocket every week cannot be less than £32,000.

7) A systems engineer on contract works for hours to maximise the period of his contracts.
My job sometimes takes me to the remote areas of UK like Shropshire and Isle of Wight.

Taking these one after the other:

1) I say "Marriages Crumble because of high expectation people hold about Abroad but when they see reality, trust is lost between Hubby/wife

2) So, you dont pay RENT nor mortgage and dont have the idea of how much it cost. I rest my case o. grin

3) You are a Full-time Students and working all over UK and still live in London. I rest my case again grin

4) In your house, Both bills comes ONCE in a year!

5) I DONT HATE UK and will never hate them. Oloye Dele Momodu makes money from UK but he ran away because of OVERHEADS. He uses his head, lives happily in Ghana.

6) I was shocked by Okocha's paypacket{ You are a Footbal person Now} You ought to know he belongs to the club of high earners. Are you saying he pays just 20% tax and NI contributions.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Akolawole(m): 12:09am On Jul 04, 2006
Jackal:

Akola is just a born-pessimist.
I am going to alert Scotland Yard of his arrival at Heathrow because he hates the UK with a passion.

naijababe link=topic=16320.msg467063#msg467063 date=1151957145:

And i know i will get a barrage from Akola but i absolutely love the UK, man this country rocks if you know how to swing to the groove

Old Glory:

Jackal

He sure is a Pessimist. Even i must agree with you on that one.

Again, i don't hate UK in fact my main business solely rely on UK.
God save the Queen grin

## I may not be forgiven by God if i misinform other people which is why i regularly attack all pro-Abroad each time they go astray( miss-inform).

@NaijaBabe

I wish i could met you as well if Oga allow o. grin
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by Jackal(m): 10:21am On Jul 04, 2006
@ Akola,
Lemme make some things clear to ya.

1) Your explanation on the marriage issue is not clear enough.
How can hubby and wife disagree on a senseless issue like living abroad?
Help me understand your point.

2) I don't pay rents simply because my house is on mortgage.
    A certain amount of money is debited from my account every month to pay ma mortgage.

3) I don't pay council tax because i bought my house as a student. I have never paid TV license.
     I don't open my doors for them. Its absolutely crazy.
    Students don't pay council tax. I still enjoy this facility even now that i am out of school.
****** I don't know any individual that pays TV license in the London Area. The laws are not enforced here. TV licenses are more popular in 'em remote areas up North. Areas like Yorkshire,Leeds,Blackburn where u have more old people and retired service men.

4) Gas/Electricity bill comes once in a year.
    I use British Gas.

5) U can't be sure Dele Momodu ran away from UK because of overheads.
    Did he tell u this personally or did he appear to u in one of your nightmares again?

6) Even if only £20,000 gets into Okocha's pockets, are u telling me he can get paid as much as this amount in Nigeria?
Whatz the average salary of a Nigerian player? Lets be frank---------------- UK rocks and it rocks goood.
There's so much money in this system if u keep ur ears to the streets.

7) In conclusion, there's no way u can ever compare this country to Nigeria. There's a sense of security here which u can never get in Nigeria.
I don't go home at nights thinking about armed robbers or NEPA.

Imagine a British slave-ship docking at Apapa wharf to capture slaves in this modern era. grin grin grin
U will be surprised by the number of Nigerian youths that will voluntarily jump into these ships to get into the UK by hook or crook.
There's a grave hardship in Nigeria. People cannot afford 3 square meals in a day so don't let us go there.
Life Abroad is miles better than life in Africa.

I will never discourage anyone to come to the UK. I will only tell them to come prepared and not think money grow on trees.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by funloving(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2006
@JACKAL
The one problem I have with this Jackal guy is your persistent and effusive hatred of everything Nigeria and Nigerian.
If God has blessed you be grateful and stop looking down on others and speaking so proudly.
First you call us Lazy and now you talk about all the bad things in Nigeria and conclude that UK is miles ahead of Nigeria.
I do not disagree with you on UK being more prosperous but I am wondering why you have chosen to be more British than the Britons.

You only came here some years ago and then got Residency or Citizenship. You are NOT a TRUE BRITON  and you will never be TRUE BRITON.
You will always be a black Nigerian, no matter how much you will like to think otherwise.
Stop branding everything Nigerian has weaker or inferior to Britain.
There are hardworking Nigerians in the UK. Lots of them.
Nigeria is not the worst country.
Nigeria is better than UK in so many other things.

Let those who want to come to the UK come but don't make it sound like it is all about the money, irrespective of how it earned.

Finally, STOP INSULTING NIGERIANS.

If you no longer want to be a Nigerian, it is your call but don't make those of us who are proud of our heritage feel like we are inferior.We are not. We simply choose to love ourselves and stick to our beliefs and not the white man's beleifs that you have come to imbibe so much.

Remember, no matter how much you defend this country, it will never be yours. It belongs to the Britons. The only country that is truly yours is Nigeria.

NOTE: This response is just to caution JACKAL to stop making Nigerians seem inferior and lazy.It is not a response to the topic under discussion.
Re: Should I Return To The UK To Work? (I Have HSMP Visa) by funloving(m): 12:19pm On Jul 04, 2006
One people say UK rocks and you just need to know how to swing your groove,
Please somebody should tell me how they rock this country.

Don't tell me about the bars and pubs and night clubs - I am not in for such grooves
Don't tell me about bonking white girls - Count me out of that
Don't tell me about English dinners - I hate them

Okay, now please tell me how to rock the UK and swing my grooves  cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

“one Year Ago, I Disgraced My Friends & Family On National Tv" - Nigerian Lawyer / The Consequences Of Nigerian Civil Servants Retiring At Age 65 / What's The Best 21 Century Skill To Learn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.