Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,154 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:17 AM

Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? (1195 Views)

Wow! What Can You Say About This Qur'anic School? / A Tribute To My Mom By Imam Omar Suleiman (WOW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Cayon(f): 5:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
NIGERIA: Gays hesitate at the closet door

ABUJA, 14 August 2008 (IRIN) - There is no explicit gay scene in Nigeria, but in the Ibiza bar in the capital, Abuja, the action on the packed dance floor seems a little more exclusively guy-on-guy, a little bit raunchier than may be considered "normal".

Click on link to read more

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/IRIN/8a35bcc58494756e67a418b29e6deacc.htm
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 24, 2008
na today? e don tey
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Gamine(f): 7:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
Even for The Arab world, dem get am plenty

i think say na them start am sef undecided
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by olabowale(m): 7:29pm On Aug 24, 2008
lol. Islam is not devoid of people without sins, or tendencies to commit sins. What a true believer of islam has is the clarity of thought that it is better to struggle against evil. If a person has a homosexual tendency, a good example of what is clearly evil, he/she should fight it and never ever act upon it.

That is what Jihad is. Killing what bad in you. is like the saying; I, I die. Or something like that. Eliminate the negative, but accentuate the positive.
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Cayon(f): 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
olabowale:

What a true believer of islam has is the clarity of thought that it is better to struggle against evil. If a person has a homosexual tendency, a good example of what is clearly evil, he/she should fight it and never ever act upon it.
That is what Jihad is. Killing what bad in you. is like the saying; I, I die. Or something like that. Eliminate the negative, but accentuate the positive.

TITUS!! my brother
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by tpia: 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
untold numbers.
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by fotodaddy: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2008
Are there some people who are excluded from base human urges on account of religion or beleif system !!

Its what you do with these urges that's important; muslim, christian, buddist, etc.
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by mukina2: 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ topic
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Mustay(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2008
mukina2:

@ topic

If the post is a question; NO!

Islam permits not homosexualism.

People like this are just deceiving themselves.

i posted somethinh similar on another thread culled from BBC
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by fotodaddy: 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2008
Mustay:

If the post is a question; NO!

Islam permits not homosexualism.

Mustay I can understand your need to defend your religion, however, try to understand the question.

It is not about Islam but About Muslims.

While what you have said is true, you cannot honestly expect people to believe that Musilms CANNOT have homosexual urges just because they are Muslims. So if thats the case for sure there can be gay Muslims. And even if it is not so, you are in no position to know how other people feel or the urges they have. Even fellow muslim brothers like you.
Re: Wow! They Have Gay Mu$lims? by Mustay(m): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2008
I want to believe that a muslim in this context:

Mu'min (Arabic: مؤمن‎) is an Arabic Islamic term frequently referenced in the Qur'an, meaning "believer", and denoting a Muslim that has complete submission to the will of Allah, and has faith (Ara. iman) firmly established in his heart.

In the Qur'an it is stated:

The Arabs of the desert say, "We believe." Say thou: Ye believe not; but rather say, "We profess Islam;" (aslamna) for the faith (al-eemanu) hath not yet found its way into your hearts. But if ye obey God and His Apostle, he will not allow you to lose any of your actions: for God is Indulgent, Merciful.

That verse makes a distinction between a Muslim and a believer.

Also:

(Muhammad Muhsin Khan 4:136) O you who believe! Believe in Allah, and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW), and the Book (the Quran) which He has sent down to His Messenger, and the Scripture which He sent down to those before (him), and whosoever disbelieves in Allah, His Angels, His Books, His Messengers, and the Last Day, then indeed he has strayed far away.

That verse addresses the believers, exhorting them to believe, implying multiple stages of belief.

(1) (Reply)

The Use Of Lailah - Ilalau. / The Quran- A Short Journey - One Reason / Why Do Muslims Deceive Themselves?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.