Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North (8232 Views)

Amaechi Is Our Member, The Senate Belongs To APC Not PDP – Ndume / ASARI DOKUBO: Take What Belongs To Me & Rule Me? No! (Must-See) / Boko Haram Spokeman - Nigeria Belongs To ALLAH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by T2(m): 3:45am On Jun 28, 2006
People, I am like WTF? Is this guy ok? These are the people in politics in Nigeria, what a slowpoke!

cry

=================================================================================

http://odili.net/news/source/2006/jun/26/213.html

“If you have knowledge of geography you’ll know that the resource they are talking about is not coming from them{Niger delta}. It is coming from far North of Africa, it’s a flowing liquid.

“If Northern Nigeria decides to be greedy, they can terminate the resource going to them, by way of cutting it and the flow will stop. So, all the resources that will be flowing to the south by way of crude would be diverted in a well in the North and from there it can be tapped and exported.

--Sunny Okogwu
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by alarinjo(m): 3:52am On Jun 28, 2006
I know, I read the article too. Its ridiculous. Unfortunately I also read somewhere that a contract to build a pipeline from the Niger Delta to Abuja has just been awarded to a South Korean (I think it was) company. Insane isnt it?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Jakumo(m): 5:49am On Jun 28, 2006
Yes, Nigeria's groundnut oil resources belong to the north while the petroleum oil belongs to the people of the Niger Delta.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by DaHitler(m): 7:51am On Jun 28, 2006
Anyone with half a brain would know that oil deposits are in isolated pockets. They don't flow anywhere.

But if this man, and other Northerners think they are the ones with the oil, thats fine. Tell them to take their oil and Sharia and leave.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by beyunce(f): 8:19am On Jun 28, 2006
They dont own da oil.

For Gods sake.

Am sure dem sef know dat one
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by chidichris(m): 9:35am On Jun 28, 2006
mr. geography,
if u are looking for what belongs to the north, it is sharia.who know the islamic school of geography where you learn this.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by babwilms(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2006
That man has lost his mind. He's been drinking too much tap water.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by viena(f): 10:41am On Jun 28, 2006
any one with that view is just dumb, they must be from the north,
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Chxta(m): 11:03am On Jun 28, 2006
Erm, Sonny Okogwu is from Asaba, which makes him from the South-South geopolitically, and Igbo by ethnicity.

Having pointed that out, I think he is just senile.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by LuciferFan(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2006
Sony Odogwu or whatever he calls himself is liar! OIL IN NIGERIA BELONGS TO LUCIFER! It's mine and mine alone!
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by beyunce(f): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2006
Lucifer:

Sony Odogwu or whatever he calls himself is liar! OIL IN NIGERIA BELONGS TO LUCIFER! It's mine and mine alone!

U gatta be kidin me. hahahah
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Rhea(f): 11:35am On Jun 28, 2006
Well,
at least we are slowly practising freedom of speech, even if it means saying rubbish. grin
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Danmasani(m): 11:48am On Jun 28, 2006
Afeni:

Anyone with half a brain would know that oil deposits are in isolated pockets. They don't flow anywhere.

But if this man, and other Northerners think they are the ones with the oil, thats fine. Tell them to take their oil and Sharia and leave.

Afeni, u simply are a clear illustration of stark stupidity. The article clearly identified Sonny Odogwu as a south-south man, yet you include "and other Northerners" in your thread so that you can show us how foolsih you are.
If after all the criticism and harsh rejections of your post from other users has still not put some wisdom in your head, i wonder what will.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by kazey(m): 12:09pm On Jun 28, 2006
Do we Nigerians read? Or you just talk talk as usual. Na wa o.

Please note the words in bold. These are they keypoints from the article.

An in-law of former military President Ibrahim Babangida who is also an indigene of the South-south geo-political zone, Chief Sunny Okogwu, has described as an illusion claims by his kinsmen that oil resources come from their region.

Okogwu, an indigene of Asaba, Delta State and older brother of Mrs. Mariam Babangida told THISDAY in Kaduna at the weekend that it was the North and not the South that had legitimate claim to all the oil found in the Niger Delta region.
This, according to him, is because the oil flow from North Africa and could have been prevented from reaching the south but for the magnanimity of the North.

“If you have knowledge of geography you’ll know that the resource they are talking about is not coming from them. It is coming from far North of Africa, it’s a flowing liquid.

“If Northern Nigeria decides to be greedy, they can terminate the resource going to them, by way of cutting it and the flow will stop. So, all the resources that will be flowing to the south by way of crude would be diverted in a well in the North and from there it can be tapped and exported.

Okongwu 67, who said he had lived all his life in the North also claimed to have been responsible for the creation of most of the South-south states. He also claimed to have been the brain behind the South-south Movement, accusing the present South-south campaigners of bad fate and breakaways from Igbos.

Is there any good reason, why we should take a mad man's word for it smiley?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by funloving(m): 12:31pm On Jun 28, 2006
In simple language, I think old age is either catching up with the man or he is just plain sucking up to his Brother-in-law
I respect my elders so I won't say more than that.

I guess if oil was flowing from the North of Africa, Mali, Niger and Kano state in Nigeria will have loadz of oil tunnels underground. Interesting and wistful thing !
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Labelle(f): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2006
Kazey that was incredidbly rude and uncalled for. But trust, you have bitten the wrong foot.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Hugoboi(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2006
Wat do u folks expect fvrom an old senile buffon.Either this guy is Fani-Kayodes twin broda or he's got terminal amnesia.Crazy ppl
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by kazey(m): 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2006
Labelle:

Kazey that was incredidbly rude and uncalled for. But trust, you have bitten the wrong foot.

shocked huuuuuuuuuuuuh na your family member?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by niterider(m): 1:48pm On Jun 28, 2006
Y is this labelle taking it personal?WHY?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by MrBean(m): 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2006
niterider:

Y is this labelle taking it personal?WHY?

Maybe she is related to him, but even at that, it only shows that the incredible stupidity is genetic and moving from generation to generation. angry angry angry
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Orikinla(m): 3:16pm On Jun 28, 2006
Chief Sunny Okogwu could be suffering from senile dementia. grin

Even a brilliant pupil in primary school knows that the oil found in the Niger Delta DID NOT FLOW FROM THE NIGER RIVER or FROM RIVER NILE.

When Shell struck oil in 1956, the Hausas consumed all their groundnut pyramids and turned to oil merchants and street beggars thronging our towns and cities. grin

They even drive their cattle to the Niger Delta in their quest to feed their cattle with our grass so that their cattle can pass out vegetable oil later in their waste. And no wonder I have noticed excess oil in the manure from these cattle. grin
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 28, 2006
The average joe on the street thinks that oil is found in a tank underground not in little connected pores in the ground, becoming oil as we know it takes a lot engineering being carried out, my conclusion is that the man is just plain ignorant (another money miss road dumbo)
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ono(m): 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2006
Sincere apology to the Igbo people, but this Sunny of Asaba descent has goofed beyond my imagination of the average Igbo man!  And to think he could go very far, as far as to the roof top, literally, to wash his dirty linen of ignorance in the public is awe inspiring!

Asaba, as we all know was forced on Delta state (probably by the illiterate chief and his sister, Maryam Babangida) as state capital. Asaba before now was a village. It's growing quickly now because of it's new status as a state capital - the capital of a major oil producing state. The time will come when the Aniomas will have their own state and look for oil flowing from the North to sustain them.

The Asaba High Chief should have consulted the services of a Petroleum Engineer before blurting out his garbage about oil exploration and production. Ignorance indeed is a disease.

All of these outbursts from the Asaba chief only shows how ignorant a vast majority of Nigerians are about natural resources. No wonder they will not let go of the Delta peacefully.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jun 28, 2006
Chief Sonny Odogwu, excercise in stupidity!
it was the North and not the South that had legitimate claim to all the oil found in the Niger Delta region.
This, according to him, is because the oil flow from North Africa and could have been prevented from reaching the south but for the magnanimity of the North.
If you have knowledge of geography you’ll know that the resource they are talking about is not coming from them. It is coming from far North of Africa, it’s a flowing liquid.
“If Northern Nigeria decides to be greedy, they can terminate the resource going to them, by way of cutting it and the flow will stop. So, all the resources that will be flowing to the south by way of crude would be diverted in a well in the North and from there it can be tapped and exported

It is clear that Chief Odogwu must have failed Geography in his school certificate exam. It is sad that a man of his "reputation" can claim the oil wealth in the Niger Delta "flowed" from the north. He goes further to ridicule himself by claiming the north could "terminate" the resource if they felt greedy and the flow would stop. Pray, the north has been greedy for 40yrs, why haven't they stopped the flow? How do they intend to do that? Which geography textbook told Chief Odogwu that oil flows like rivers? How can oil be diverted to a well in the north fromm where it can be tapped and exported? If this where possible why was the north insisting on wasting enormous resources searching for oil in the Chad basin? Why didn't they just redirect "their" oil?
Where is the oil in the middle east flowing from? If Chief, by his amazing wisdom has found out that oil truly flows from the north, can he please explain to us how that oil got to the north in the first place or was it flowing from somewhere else too?
What about our lessons in fossils fuels, do we throw away our textbooks?
What about natural gas, coal, tin, gold, copper? Have they been "flowing" from somewhere too?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by T2(m): 6:03pm On Jun 28, 2006
Just to clarify folks, the statement was made by Chief Sonny Okogwu (Mariam Babangida's brother) the Ojise of Asaba  and not  Chief Sonny Odogwu, the Ide Ihaba of Asaba.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ono(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2006
Whatever their titles, those bunch of Asaba illiterates should shut up. I heard their Obi is a Professor, or is he a Toronto prof too? I wonder how he could ''award'' a chieftaincy title to a man of Sonny Okogwu calibre. Anyway, anything goes in this country ours.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 2:59pm On Jun 29, 2006
Na una sabi.
The said man is indeed a southerner and na hin talk am.
weather we are all the bad things on earth o! iwo lomo. na the person wey the thing pain reach e dey pepper for body. especially wen e sabi say NOTHING DEY WEY E GO FIT DO. so please re-direct your hatred to ur brother who made the utterances not to those whose arms are folded, AND WATCHING YOU. tongue

Go ahead hater's. but remember there ain't nothing u can do bout us, or to us. cool
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by MrBean(m): 3:07pm On Jun 29, 2006
zarah:

Go ahead hater's. but remember there ain't nothing u can do bout us, or to us. cool

Who the heck heck is us? From your unintelligible post, it is obvious your thinking faculty is aberrant.

Can anyone make sense of this trash?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by belloti(m): 3:11pm On Jun 29, 2006
Hey, Oil is for all of us. lets just share it and have fun.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by ono(m): 3:56pm On Jun 29, 2006
Who on earth is the Zarah at Ikoyi? is she from Asaba or what?
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by zarah(f): 4:19pm On Jun 29, 2006
mrlawng:

Who the heck heck is us? From your unintelligible post, it is obvious your thinking faculty us low.

Can anyone make sense of this trash?

No one can cos it's only ur side of the story you see fool.

yeah my post very un-intelligible, and my thinking faculty albeit very low
is still higher than yours.

A man who is not from the north comes here and makes his blunders and instead of criticising him ya'all turn the tables round and start criticising the northerner, wetin concern their sharia, g/nut pyramids and being beggers with wat ur foolish udogwu said or with oil for dat matter?

I hate to point out the obvious but mrlawng, and afeni's we all have seen ur hate mails. directed at instilling hate in others. wo think twice be4 u insult me o. wawa.
Re: Oil In Nigeria Belongs To The North by MrBean(m): 5:01pm On Jun 29, 2006
@zarah

Rantings of a foolish Northerner. Why the heck are you living in Lagos? You are better off living amongst your nomadic misfits in the north. You sit there in Ikoyi and talk trash about we can't do anything about you. We really don't need to, all you need do yourself is take a trip down to the north and see how your people live. I bet if you were a male you will be an almajiri beggar in the north. You are only being groomed because you are a female to be married off to a stinky old alhaji in a dirty jalabia.

Have a nice life. It definitely sucks to be you.

Here is a sneak peak of sharia for you:

[img][/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Power Generation Drops By 1,074MW To 3,443MW / Illegal Immigrants Take Over Nigeria / Federal Government Help Traffic Warden Service To Get Autonomy From Nig Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.