Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,742 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? (60379 Views)

Muslims What Is JIZZYA? / Muslims, What's Happening In Your Life? A Brother Needs your Assistance. Page 15 / Muslims: What's Your Favorite Ayah Or Surah In The Quran? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by dominique(f): 12:35pm On Sep 01, 2006
Salaam, my muslim brothers,pls can you recommend books that can increase my knowlege of Islam . I started practicing islam a few years ago, although i've learnt a lot, i believe there is still a lot more i'm yet to understand. Right now, i'm reading a book titild FUNDAMENTALS OF TAWHEED by Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips. The book is about Islamic monotheism and that's all i can say about it for now but i hope i can finish it by nxt week. Salaam.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2006
Taiwoabzy, Welcome to Islam. I will recommend a book called The Ideal Muslimat, but i really cant remember the author. i bought it in mecca some years ago.

But be careful on what you read too because recently we discovered some infilteration of some fake islamic books by some jews and infidels. May Almighty Allah continue to guide all of us, Amen.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by dominique(f): 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2006
Thanks belloti, i'll look out for it.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2006
Oga Seun, we would very much appreciate it if you can restrict non-muslims from this thread if the title is to be adhered to. There are other threads where these exchanges can be accommodated.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2006
To all the Muslims, male and females, As-salaamualaykum.
I am sure the best Muslim is the Messenger (AS). Since he was the walking Qur'an and in other adith, this noble prophet had said that the best of generation was his generation then the next generation, then the next. Further, it was stated that if the sahabah (RA), the companions of the Messenger were to have abandoned 10% of their Islamic quality, even that will qualify them, which ever, to hellfire. For us the very very late generations, never did see him (AS), except if in a true dream, if we can practise 10% of true Islam we will go to Paradise. The question is are we sure we are up to this meager quality in the vastness of what the REAL ISLAM offers.

How is it that we in Islam neglect our responsibility of goodness and goodneighborliness. The actions of our Muslim brothers and sisters around the world and in Nigeria will not be acceptable to the Messenger (AS) if he were to be alive to witness the low quality that we are now calling ISLAM. Where do you see this bad manners in Qur'an and Hadith.
The Nigerians from the East are complaining that the Muslims, specifically are killing them. This killing mindset has to stop, it is unislamic and unacceptable. The Yoruba Muslims should stand up and remind their Muslim brethrens in/from the North. Unfortunately, I do not live in Nigeria, so those of you Muslims who read this entry, spread it on. How do you show the nonmuslims that islam is truly a religion of good conduct and excellent character and peaceful when all they experience is hardship from the hands of the Muslims. The quality is not better internationally either. now you hear that some group are saying that they have to convert people by force. How what support is for this madness in Qur'an and Sunnah.

How will the citizens of Nigeria from the east begin to know islam when all they see is death of family members because of actions and deeds of other people outside Nigeria. please do not misunderstand me, however were not deeds which were worst done to the prophet while he was alive. What were his actions; remember the behaviours of the Quraish, abujahal, abulahab, etc, the woman in madina who used to put feaces on the path of the noble prophet, yet he went looking for her when he did not see the evil action as it was expected. i can give you many many more.

You muslims should be happy that you have people who are not muslims reminding you of your responsibilities, if you are truly a believer, then accept it and act upon it. How do you reject it when they have suffered death in their family and they fully well that it should not be so, not from the hands of those whose religion is to practise peace and their neighbors are supposed in their hand and practice justice.

Oh muslims, fear Allah, the lord of the world and do right. Lets protect mankind and all of the creations of Allah. Let's improve ourselves and our characters. May God help us and hest of rRamadan. May God accept all our good deeds and forgive us all our sins and guide people of good conscience into Islam. Allah is able to do all things.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by twinkledew(f): 4:03pm On Sep 11, 2006
What is Sallam?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2006
@Twikledew;
Sallam is really spelled; Salaam. In English it means "Peace" Now you can translate it to any language that you wish.
A rose is nothing but a rose.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by belloti(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2006
What have we learnt about Islam recently?

There will always be One God and anything else is paganism
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2006
@Jayon: About 2 years ago, in New York, I met a new convert to Islam from Ghana. Actually, this man was part of the UN peace keeping force in the olf Yugoslavia.

Interestingly, his convertion to Islam was by chance in Italy, in one of his off duty vacations.

As he sat with me in the Mosque before prayer, he tlod me his journey to this religion that is Islam.
In essence, he was saying that he did not descover Islam in Ghana, or any part of Africa. Why in Europe. This is God's will.

What I got from his extensive account was this; When a Muslim does anything evil which is naturally against the tenance of Islam, it is as if the whole of the Muslims world over has to account for it.

This military man explained his thesis in a very simole way; If on Friday in his home country, a Muslim does not go to the Friday prayer, he is often reminded of it even by the non mislim neighbor. If a muslim man were to do something unacceptable, he is often asked, why, or confronted that the action is unIslamic. (Most people will say that it is against the Sunnah. I heard this expression and was familiar with it even before I knew what was Sunnah, itsef).

So, in my response to your accusation in the entry above, I quite agree with you about the bad qualities of Muslims. But I clearly disagree with you about Islam.

To learn about islam itself, you need to go to the Qur'an and Hadith. To judge the Muslims' Islamic quality, the weakness or goodness of individuals, the barometer is the Qur'an and Sunnah.

Happy trails. Iwish you well in your quest of descovery, if you take it. Remember that you only answer for your faith and deeds with God, in the day of Judgement. I say to you that you worship the true God, Who is One.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2006
Allah is great!

may the peace and blessings of this holy month be upon us all

ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by vanariso(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2006
Learning----
-Suhfi Ibrahim(book of Abraham) was revealed on the first day of ramadan,At-taorah(-Torah) was revealed to Moses on the 6th day of ramadan,Al-injeel(The bible) was revealed to Jesus-eesa on the 13th day of ramadan,Az-zabuurah-(Psalm) was revealed to David onthe 18th of ramadan,And the Quriaan was revealed to mohammed on the 24th of ramadan.

Question------During regular salat,we have the standing ,rukuh,sujuud,sajdah positions.Can anyone explain why some muslims do sit temporarily after the fist standing immediately after the 2nd sujuud before finally going up for the 2nd standing.Are they not commiting Ba'adi?I have purposely watched Imam sudais while praying in kaaábah,He doesnt do that .
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by vanariso(m): 11:42am On Sep 26, 2006
@ jayon,
Allah said "Know me before u worship me cause if u do not know me ,how then will u worship me?" and on this premise rosulu lah said "Seek for knowlegede even if it is in china, then china was the farthest land known to the arabians" He also said "Seeking knowlegding is compulsory all muslim men and women "and concludes saying "Seek knowledge from ur cradle to ur grave"

I will advise u to seek knowlegde before making blasphemous utterances just like one alleged holy father did recently b4 visiting turkey.
Cause I say to u , u will account for every action of yours, including ur postings here, Quran83:V:25-27.

@Olawole ,I ve seen all ur postings may allah continue to bless u and give u more knowledge and courage to propagte Islam.Saw ur postings also on "popes comemnts".
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 11:51am On Sep 27, 2006
@Vanariso: As-salaamualykum, yaa Muslim, yaa Abdallah. Thanks for the statement. may Allah the All Powerful reward you. Amiin.

About the short sitting position which takes place after the second Sujud to the Kiyaam (Standing up) for the new Rakah, I have say that the Prophet (AS) used to do it in his late years.

Maybe because of advancement in age. In his (AS) youth, he was not doing it. One can simply observe that when a person gets older, it is less spring to the bounce. It is in this regard of his (AS) practise in his old age that people take it as a sunnah.

Since whatever he did (AS), said and did not stop anyone to do or say (in other word permitted), all of that is sunnah.

Allah knows best.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2006
@olabowale are you on yim,
there's something i'll like to ask if you dont mind?
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2006
@Mukina2: AS salaamualaykum, yaa Amakallah.
I am not on yim. But I will find out, today and how I can get on it.
However you can email me on abbassdirect@lycos.co and aqeedahfirst@yahoo.com.

Further, if I can contact you by phone, I will do it. As promised I will find out about yim, today.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2006
ok, olabowale i am having problems with my mail addy but when you get on yim i'll ask you
thanks for being kind, hope you'll get dere soon so i can ask/

ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by vanariso(m): 4:28pm On Sep 27, 2006
Salam olabowale,Jazak 4 d quick response.This is the best I hvae gotten so far.I am still seeking mo info on this.As I rreally need to be informed.
One question pls,, Is it compulsory during janabat for a muslimat to drench her hair in water or is it acceptable if she could just allow water to touch her scalp which is possible without completely wetting her hair/head?I will be expecting ur response or anybody's in da house.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by jerrymania(m): 10:17am On Sep 28, 2006
THE RESUME OF JESUS CHRIST

Address: Ephesians 1:20.
Phone: Romans 10:13
(keywords: Christ,Lord,Savior, and Jesus)

Hello, My Name is Jesus The Christ. Many call me Lord! I’ve sent you my resume because I’m seeking the top management position in your heart. Please consider my accomplishments as set forth in my resume.

Qualifications

I founded the earth and established the heavens (see Proverbs 3:19)
I formed man from the dust of the ground (see Genesis 2:7)
I breathed into man the breath of life (see Genesis 2:7)
I redeemed man from the curse of the law (see Galatians 3:13)
The blessing of the Abrahamic Convenant come upon your life through me (see Galatians 3:14)

Occupational Background

I’ve only had one employer (see Luke 2:49)
I’ve never been tardy,absent,disobedient,slothful, or disrespectful.
My employer has nothing but rare reviews for me (see Matthew 3:15-17)

Skills/Work Experiences

Some of my skills and work experiences include:
Empowering the poor to be poor no more, healing the brokenhearted, setting the captives free, healing the sick, restoring sight to the blind and setting at liberty them that that are bruised (see Luke 4:18)
I am a Wonderful Counselor (see Isaiah 9:6)
People who listen to me shall dwell safely and shall not fear evil (see Proverbs 1:33)
Most importantly, I have authority, ability and power to cleanse you of your sins (see 1 John 1:7-9)

Educational Background

I encompass the entire length and breadth of knowledge, wisdom and understanding (see Proverbs 2:6)
In me are hid all of the treasures of wisdom and knowledge (see Colossians 2:3)
My Word is so powerful it has been described as being a lamp unto your feet and light unto your path (see Psalms 119:105)
I can even tell you all of the secrets of your heart (see Psalms 44:21)

Major Accomplishments

I was an active participant in the greatest summit meeting of all time (see Genesis 1:26)
I laid down my life so that you may live (see 2 Corinthians 5:15)
I defeated the arch enemy of God and mankind and made a show of him openly (see Colossians 2:15)
I’ve miracoulously fed the poor, healed the sick, and raised the dead!

There are many more major accomplishments, too many to mention here. You can read them on my website, which is located at www.wordofGod.bible. You don’t need an internet connection or computer to access ny website.

References

Believers worldwide will testify to my divine healing, salvation, deliverance, miracles, restoration, fulfilled prophecies, and spiritual guidance.

Summary

Now you’ve read my resume, I’m confident that I’m the only candidate uniquely qualified to fill this vital position in your heart. In summation, I will properly direct your path (see Proverbs 3:5-6) and lead you into everlasting life (see John 6:47) and I love you unconditionally.
When can I start? Time is of the essence (see Hebrews 3:15).

1 Like

Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2006
@Kikanuka: The resume you presented is no more in need, today. There is a newer and uptodate resume from Muhammad (AS). He is the latest the last of the one s who presented resume. His resume has been guranteed by the Lord of the creations to last forever without any other resume to be acceptable from the past and there would not be any from the future.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Abeem(m): 4:18pm On Sep 28, 2006
Dear Muslim Brothers and Sisters,

Al-Qur'an, a sweet new program for IPod, is now available at
www.theonlyword.com; please read this letter by the creator of it:

"Over the last couple of months, I have been developing a Quranic
application for Apple's infamous iPod and Alhamdulillah, it is finally
complete and available for mass distribution! Al-Quran for Your iPod is a
FREE application that allows you to Read Al-Quran in precise, verse-by-verse
Arabic Transliteration with corresponding English Translation and clear MP3
sound, directly on your iPod. From all accounts, this concept had not yet
been available for the very popular iPod, until now. Take a look at
http://www.TheOnlyWord.com <http://www.theonlyword.com/> .

"The website and application finally went live today! I was actually hoping
to have everything wrapped up before Ramadan, but since some of us began
fasting today and others begin tomorrow, I figured I did, sort of, meet my
deadline! smiley In my personal experience with Al-Quran for Your iPod, I found
it to be extremely useful for both my Tajweed and memorization. I plan to
use it quite often this Ramadan and hope you will find it just as helpful.

"Visit TheOnlyWord.com and download your FREE copy of Al-Quran for Your
iPod. Also, please become part of the process! Share this email and the
website with your family and friends. Also, leave us comments/suggestions
through the website. At TheOnlyWord.com we plan to continue developing
Al-Quran for Your iPod and many other innovative Islamic applications. We
welcome all of your input and support in helping us make this happen.
Jazakallah Khair and once again, Ramadan Mubarak!

"Khurram Moiz
"TheOnlyWord.com
"Spread the Word.
"Support the Cause."

Sincerely,
Tammam Alwan

Jazakallah Ahira
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by wanks(m): 9:38am On Sep 30, 2006
Wow,
I see about three pages from this topic have been deleted. But the fact still stands, Islam is Hell
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 1:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
@self-service: Do not find yourself in Hell. The only guarantee is the Mercy from the Most Merciful. Directly, without any association with God.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by sanks: 9:59pm On Sep 30, 2006
ola,
You should really try to piss me of, u know how wild i can get. that allah thing of urs which can,t even protect itself and u baseless fanatics have to go about throwing bombs to protect the damn thing< i don,t know if it lives in a black stone in mecca, or in the souls of potential sucide bombers> killing and whatsover.
U manage to delete all the Draconian laws i got out from ur stupid quran from the net, well i could paste it a thousant times plus the world knows who u devils are.
So tell me, who,s in a betterr position to go to hell. We all have chances but that nonses, rubbish in the name of islam puts ur in a better position to do so. After all, its really simple for u guys, just wear a bomb and ur body and detonate it. Plus its ur holy season so there would be a holy hell fire waiting for u wink
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by sanks: 10:10pm On Sep 30, 2006
never mind J,
i asked these sucidal trouble seekers several questions even quoting the Quran and couldn,t get a single answer. instead, they deleted about three pages from this topic. It seems they do not even know what they are talking about.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by olabowale(m): 4:02am On Oct 01, 2006
@Sanks: I hope you are having a better day, than yesterday. My intention is not to make you get so uptight and you are loosing it. No, my man, I want you to think hard and wonder, what all that you have believed in is a fluke! That's all.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by vanariso(m): 11:39am On Oct 03, 2006
Kikakuna,sank,self-service and the rest of you all people of the book without faith in this house shuold just read and learn about islam as SEUN-cordinator reaaly wants.I ve not been to the christian half of this topic but am sure no muslim is causing chaos as u are all doing, that tells u something , christians always taunts muslims b4 they react,and when they do, u call them all sort of names.

@olawole, i no u re aware of Gods revelation in the quran about these people.Worry urself less over them.Abraham did the same over azar,his father,noah over his child,lot over his wife ,mohammed over his uncle,salih over his people,hud over his people,moses and aarun over their people,yakub over the people of madyan and lots mo.

inna rabbaka labil-mirsod
inna elayna hisaabahum,sunmo inna allayna iyaabahum
sumhun ,bukyun wahum laa yeshuruun.
inna atedna lilkafireena azaaban saeeran.
Inna waadu lahi haqon.
wallahu la yahdi li-komi zolimeen.

Because of this statment '"that allah thing of urs which can,t even protect itself and u baseless fanatics have to go about throwing bombs to protect the damn thing< i don,t know if it lives in a black stone in mecca, or in the souls of potential sucide bombers> killing and whatsover. '" by sanks .I will want all muslim brothers in this cht room to say some ASTAGFURLAHIs ,may allah deliver us from his IQOOB--General punishment.

Rabana najina minal qaomi zoolimiin, ameen
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 12:10pm On Oct 03, 2006
Assalam mun alaikum my brother

i find myself agreeing with you
most of them just copy and paste from "so called islamic sites'
you and i know that with all the attention the religion is getting nowadays this sites are bound to be in abundance,
ma salaam
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by sanks: 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2006
Never mind guys,
i realyy should be very tired playing with this topic and its time i drop it from my desktop. What ever the allah thing does, that,s his prop. I;ll only come back again if one of these irrational nonscore extremist tries to piss me off again.
But before i go, i see ur all like trying to call down curses upon me, from who, ur black stones/black magic or what, send a sucide deligation to me or whatever, God knows.
Well my Lord Jesus Christ forever is surpreme so why should i fear cowards whon can,t answer simple questions like u all. Further i gues i had spelled out real differences between the Bible and the quran so please stop confusing ur selves and decieving others.It has terrible consequences as the Bible states. What u ougth to do best is to do ur best to see how u can all mlake the middle east a safer place for all muslims.Saying so b/c its an abominable with the number of increasing killings during this holy peroid as u term it. Do those suciders not recognise this period, shocking they kill their own brothers, well every body is capable of that but i thought muslims were most united.
My last questions, the biggest musk in Europe is found in the Vatican city, where the Pope lives among a thousand others,but why is there not a single church in Islamic areas like Iraq, etc, in short, its abominable for a christian to live there, WHY SO?
Bye and Assalam mun aliakum to u all.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by mukina2: 11:10pm On Oct 03, 2006
sanks you act like ur name
Allah subuanwataallah is not 'so called' respect ours pls even if you dont believe respect it.
never has a muslim insulted Jesus or Jehovah, why dont you do the same.
like i said before most of you are christians only on nairaland and when it comes to insulting Islam angry

ma salaam angry
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by Seun(m): 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2006
This thread was created for a purpose, and I am tired of not being able to achieve that purpose. i will seriously start banning people maybe next week. Everyone that has offtopic posts on this page will recieve a months ban.
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by vanariso(m): 10:03am On Oct 04, 2006
@ sanks, ALAYKA -L- ISLAM, Thats d answer to ur mockery 'salaam'
Re: Muslims: What Did You Learn In Islam Recently? by abbey02(f): 10:31am On Oct 05, 2006
well islam is a very peaceful and lovly religon.have learnt how to be faithful to people both islam and non-islamic pople and lot more.it a very great religon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? / Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Where 2 Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix, Confirmed By The Quran Over 1400 Years Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.