Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,205 members, 7,807,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Are Men Really Scarce? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are Men Really Scarce? (5195 Views)

Are Husbands Really Scarce...? / Why Do People Say Husbands Are Scarce When I Get At Least 2 Toasters In A Day? / Why Are Men No Longer Pursuing Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Men Really Scarce? by dearie(m): 7:20am On Aug 26, 2008
Are men really scarce? or could it just be the ones ladies think are responsible enough for marriage (I mean husband materials as they are referred to in local parlance) that are difficult to come by? Otherwise why would it be so much of an achievement for a lady to be hooked these days.

Guys, are you really scarce?
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by topup: 7:38am On Aug 26, 2008
Nah, it's just a lot of women, like myself, end up in the wrong relationships because they didn't know what they were looking for before the heartbreak, after the heartbreak, they realise it, and all the flaws in the guy and the relationship.

I believe with every break up, I refine my search criteria, and it's good knowing that I'm getting closer to him.

I know there are plenty good men, I surround myself with them, however, sometimes I fall into the habit of thinking my good guys have good friends, but that isn't always the case.

I know so many great guys, maybe it's because they are also Christian, but I know so many focused guys, and I know all I'm looking for a the specifics, e.g. physical attraction, and interests in common, otherwise, if I wanted a basic good guy, I have several to choose from.

P.s. I love your signature!
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by dearie(m): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2008
Thanx, the signature inspires me in a way. (Dont mind how)

Back to the issue. It kinda strange that someone would get into a relationship without knowing what to get from it, or where the relationship should head.

So, it's the choice ones that are really scarce? I dont think it's peculiar to men then, it's both ways, because choice ladies are difficult to come by too, it's just that it's difficult to tell who's fake from the real ones at first blush.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by tope2000(f): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2008
I think it depends on who you mix with and where you go, socially i mean undecided
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
Nope, guys are not scarce, but good rich ones are.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by topup: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2008
I guess everyone's looking for different things, but I know the general idea is that a lot of great guys get ignored because you get the non-marriage material ones pretending to be great but with that extra edge i.e. Bad boys, this extra edge just makes the women think they have the perfect guy, but then when it comes down to it, it was all pretence.

It takes a while before people know exactly what they want in a guy, and that's when stability and reliability start becoming really importance, and things such as physical attraction and swagger start to decline down the list.

I'm speaking for myself though, though to be honest, I have known what I wanted in a guy ever since I was 15.

Also, knowing what you want in a guy also implies that you know what you don't want in a guy, in fact I spend more time learning about what I don't like than what I do. What I don't like are the things that I think are the most important to find out, but these I find that only experience will really show these to me.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by kugaba(m): 8:27pm On Aug 26, 2008
topup:

Nah, it's just a lot of women, like myself, end up in the wrong relationships because they didn't know what they were looking for before the heartbreak, after the heartbreak, they realise it, and all the flaws in the guy and the relationship.

I believe with every break up, I refine my search criteria, and it's good knowing that I'm getting closer to him.

I know there are plenty good men, I surround myself with them, however, sometimes I fall into the habit of thinking my good guys have good friends, but that isn't always the case.

I know so many great guys, maybe it's because they are also Christian, but I know so many focused guys, and I know all I'm looking for a the specifics, e.g. physical attraction, and interests in common, otherwise, if I wanted a basic good guy, I have several to choose from.

P.s. I love your signature!

u wil be seriously misled by this funny philosophy of urs. Real Men r scarce. Beware of that Mr nice Guy. He is a wolf in Lamb clothing. We r scarce. Only prayers can open your eyes to this truth. No amount of xperience can xpose u 2 dix.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by iice(f): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2008
Hmmmm i wouldn't say they are scarce just not abundant and sometimes, you just need time to get to the bottom of him well atleast deeper than the surface.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by studio43(m): 9:07pm On Aug 26, 2008
they're not scarce,
just dat we want to make the whole money before settling down wink
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
Yes,
fine, mature, responsible, honest, etc men are very scarce.

Don't know why the previous generation bothered to have boys, knowing they'll have no time to teach them properly.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by dudu19(m): 9:18pm On Aug 26, 2008
@ruby saw ur profile re u really 48
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by studio43(m): 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Yes,
fine, mature, responsible, honest, etc men are very scarce.

Don't know why the previous generation bothered to have boys, knowing they'll have no time to teach them properly.

whatever!
na person sey make dem born u a woman angry
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 26, 2008
dudu19:

@ruby saw your profile re u really 48
No, double that number

studio43:

whatever!
na person sey make them born u a woman angry
which one is biting you on ya ass?
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by bigboyslim(m): 9:48pm On Aug 26, 2008
Good men are actually not scarce. the problem is ladies who spend their time drawing up bizzare and almost unachievable qualifications for the type of man they want. These qualifications automatically disqualify the few good men around thereby increasing the number of husbandless and boyfriendless ladies in our society.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by topup: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2008
Real men are scarce if we're looking at boys, I'm ~ 20, so these are still boys, when I get to the age ~25 - 30, they will become more plenty. Life makes boys into men (well most).

I now know better what I want, because I'm getting better at seeing what I don't want.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 26, 2008
topup:

Real men are scarce if we're looking at boys, I'm ~ 20, so these are still boys, when I get to the age ~25 - 30, they will become more plenty. Life makes boys into men (well most).

I now know better what I want, because I'm getting better at seeing what I don't want.

A kiss for that kiss
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by topup: 1:07am On Aug 27, 2008
grin
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Hannibal: 1:10am On Aug 27, 2008

Are Men Really Scarce?

Men are not scarce but responsible MEN are!!!
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Okijajuju1(m): 1:27am On Aug 27, 2008
Guys are scarce o!!
Infact, very soon ladies will only be able to find husbands only on the black market.
By 2015, it will no longer be bride price but rather groom price.
All ladies are hereby warned.

Grab your copy (MAN) now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by bigboyslim(m): 1:43am On Aug 27, 2008
Ladies, you have been warned. Grab your copy today. Tomorrow might be too late.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by dyabman(m): 2:07am On Aug 27, 2008
As for me , i'm very scarce shocked .

I just think scarcity of Men means they are just too expensive to have. cheesy wink
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:15am On Aug 27, 2008
dyabman:

I just think scarcity of Men means they are just too expensive to have. cheesy wink

nope.

It simply means "the demand is greater than the supply" - Economics (Demand and Supply)
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 2:19am On Aug 27, 2008
Okija_juju:

nope.

It simply means "the demand is greater than the supply" - Economics (Demand and Supply)
Yep, high demands of responsible, mature, sensible men are in, but they're out of stock.
Hard to find nowadays grin grin
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by ima1(f): 2:19am On Aug 27, 2008
men are not scarce, all ready made men are scarce n thats what most women are looking for, they want to reap where they did not sow.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by onyinye2(f): 2:20am On Aug 27, 2008
@post

You see, you got it all wrong. We have alot of men. . . . . physically. But we have very very very very very very very few men mentally. What we have is an infestation of Men with a Boy's mentality.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:22am On Aug 27, 2008
All hail Onyinye

Nairalands resident "Man-Slayer". tongue
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by onyinye2(f): 2:35am On Aug 27, 2008
Okija_juju:

All hail Onyinye

Nairalands resident "Man-Slayer". tongue
Shaarup dia. Onye ara tongue
You know i speak the truth.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:43am On Aug 27, 2008
onyinye2:

Shaarup dia. Onye ara tongue
You know i speak the truth.

"The truth" according to Onyinye. undecided
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by onyinye2(f): 2:44am On Aug 27, 2008
Okija_juju:

"The truth" according to Onyinye. undecided
CORRECTION. "The Truth" according to all the people who have sense.
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:50am On Aug 27, 2008
onyinye2:

CORRECTION. "The Truth" according to all the people who have sense.

Whatever fuels your "Man-eating urge".
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by Nobody: 2:50am On Aug 27, 2008
Good men are actually not scarce. the problem is ladies who spend their time drawing up bizzare and almost unachievable qualifications for the type of man they want. These qualifications automatically disqualify the few good men around thereby increasing the number of husbandless and boyfriendless ladies in our society.

Qualifications like what?
Re: Are Men Really Scarce? by bigboyslim(m): 2:55am On Aug 27, 2008
stillwater:

Qualifications like what?

Tall
Handsome
Rich
Confident
Responsible
Honest
Non drinker
Non smoker
Non womanizer
Great sex

to name a few. If you dont meet the minimum requirements, you won't even be invited for the interview

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Worst Thing About Being Your Gender? / The Most Important Lesson For Everyone In Relationship / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.