Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man (28794 Views)

Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years / How To Date, Marry & Fit Into The Life Of An Educated Professional Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by ajuma: 5:46pm On Sep 05, 2005
Is it good for an educated girl to marry uneducated man?

Things are very change nowadays, can an educated lady marry an uneducated man?
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Bibi(m): 5:52pm On Sep 05, 2005
either way, no reason why not. as long as they love and understand each other and can meet each others needs. If they both decide the educational gap is immaterial, so be it. In fact, I have seen many couples in Nigeria fitting that description and they are perfectly ok.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Sep 05, 2005
On a certain level, your question is vague because there are different definitions of education:
- Some people believe that anybody who is not a graduate is not educated.
- Others might feel that an educated man is one who speaks English well.
- Others look beyond that at the way you comport yourself, the level of your thinking.
- Others will point at the JSCE as the minimum qualification rcommended by the ministry of education for workers.
- If the woman is a professor or medical doctor, a "common" graduate or HNd holder may seem uneducated to her.
- If you are a rich man and you speak English, everybody believes you're educated wink.

However, the central issue is clear. You want to know if a woman should cave in and marry a woman who hasn't recieved up to her level of education. Someone who probably knows less than she does, is less exposed, more crude, maybe doesn't even speak English well. Someone she may not be able to take to social functions because he's "not up to her standards". Someone who's friends she might despite because they are too "local".

So what's your say?

1 Like

Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Scorpio(f): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2005
ajuma:

Is it good for an educated girl to marry uneducated man?

Things are very change nowadays, can an educated lady marry an uneducated man?

Of course it is good especially if they both love each other; but if it isn't love, it won't work n it's not recommended!
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by klex(m): 6:46pm On Sep 05, 2005
Kai! that is the original recipe for disaster!

For any woman who wants to venture on that kind of perilous journey, i wish her good luck!
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by klex(m): 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2005
Kai! that is the original recipe for disaster, i think you are more likely to win the lottery than succeed at this kind of relationship.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Scorpio(f): 6:57pm On Sep 05, 2005
klex:

Kai! that is the original recipe for disaster!

For any woman who wants to venture on that kind of perilous journey, i wish her good luck!

cheesy I think this advice shud go to d men, cos some women would only b too happy to find a man they can control like that!
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by klex(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2005
except the guy is a "mugu" she will definitely not be able to control him. is he/she prepared for the looks, or all those snide comments that will come from the public. How will they relate on an intellectual level? personally i dont believe that love is a cure all for all relationship ills.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by hotangel2(f): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2005
It's okay if there's true Love.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Latoya(f): 4:25am On Sep 06, 2005
No matter the strength of the love they both share, the woman will one day manipulate the man because of that issue. It's alot better for the woman to be uneducated o but now that is vice versa, it is trouble.

I know what women can always be like, they will manipulate, control, the man will be her house boy, and intimidate him at any slight mistake. Most educated women find uneducated men irritating and can't just stand him at all times.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by DEKING3(m): 11:00am On Sep 06, 2005
I'ld start by asking those who believe it's okay just one question. If it were you, would you venture into such? Your answer is your true opinion on this issue.

At 1st, all might appear to be well because of that crazy emotional feeling called "LOVE" but I tell you that by the time the true test of marriage life starts to set in, then those things that never mattered would not just start to matter but will also become the BANE of the marriage.

So pls think twice b4 embarking on such a journey.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by vexxy(f): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2005
Well, the uneducated man (depending on what is being used to determine such a label) can always become educated. As long as he has air in his lungs, he is able to make steps in furthering his education.

If she is willing to take all that may accompany such a decision then I don't see why not.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Jio(m): 4:27pm On Sep 06, 2005
I won't advise it for any reason not even the so called yeye love.................babes that do it, most of the time do it cos
1. The guy is a money-miss road  or
2. She's touching distance from menopause
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Bibi(m): 4:44pm On Sep 06, 2005
So, according to you Jio, there are circumstances under which it can happen...
- the man has lorry-load of money or
- she's close to menoupause

The other reason I see is
- It could be a perfect way for a lady who has been "dealth with" by educated men. She would probably feel better appreciated.

I dont think we are here to encourage or discourage but analyze. No one is going to come to this forum to ask our point of view before making the marriage decision.

Anyway, I see this as a relationship based on a single need - Appreciation, both ways.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by IAH(f): 6:34pm On Sep 06, 2005
Communication matters a lot in any relationship. So how are you going to carry on a meaningful intellectual discussion with an illiterate guy? What are you going to talk about? The price of fish in the market?
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by whiteshark(m): 5:51am On Sep 07, 2005
I believe that love should form the base for this type of conjuction. If there is ample quantity of love mixed with a leberal amount of respect, trust and understanding, why not. If the so called educated man can marry an uneducated woman, what stops the reverse to happen?
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by DEKING3(m): 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2005
Let me also add here that if the man has a teachable heart and has the zeal to improve, why not? He's not being educated earlier in life might be due to situations beyond his control. I think this should also be considered if not, I maintain that whosoever should think twice b4 embarking on such a journey.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by klex(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2005
Why is love being touted as a "cure all"?

A relationship is pretty complex thing, compatibility is so crucial, and i doubt if people from different educational backgrounds will possess this critical ingredient to make it work

Do not be suprised if wen the illiterate guy was courting her, she often times failed to stand up for him when jibes were being fired at the poor guy in her presence
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by whiteshark(m): 1:50am On Sep 08, 2005
True @Klex

But lets views this issue from the pespective of love. We know that love is all encompassing and it knows no bound nor boundaries and if true, love can overcome all things including illitracy or race or beauty or wealth or fame... even the atomic bomb. Love is the greatest thing there is, u can rely on it for succour and comfort and shelter when guys like IAH & De-King come calling.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by gina34(f): 10:11am On Sep 08, 2005
well there is nothing wrong with it
As long as love is involved.
Besides the uneducated guy can still be educated if he wants to.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by ajuma: 5:16pm On Sep 14, 2005
To marry an uneducated man is not too ideal, Cos they says let what belong to cease go to cease & what belong to God go to God. illiterate can not Mach an eluting person.it just be like soup without salt.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by WesleyanA(f): 3:26am On Sep 15, 2005
it's okay because the "educated" woman will run the show and that's good. tongue
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Motee(f): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2005
Have heard and seen few businessmen who have big business but uneducated and married to an educated woman. Infact some of these women are career women.

To answer your question, i think the marriage can work better if it's the opposite direction.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by ariel(f): 5:57pm On Jan 06, 2006
Some men may not want to attain the educational level of the woman becos:
1, they feel they're too old
2. have made enough money without the so called education according to them
My advice is, don't go into anything u'll luve to regret becos of so called love, who
wants to stay with a man that would feel intimidated by ur company (friends et al),
or man u wouldn't be proud of outside ur house, or one u dare not communicate with
becos it'll be misconstrued to mean "she knows too much".

Babes shoe get size o! a man can marry a woman educationally lower than him, becos he can
bully her into submission, but a woman trying that, u will not talk in the house without ur husband feeling challenged,
Forget love, it gets to a point when certain things won't work.
But anyone venturing into that, good for u, I hope u find happiness the next 10-20 yrs, without falling down the ladder shocked
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by lannre(m): 4:39pm On Jun 07, 2009
its hard their reasoning will be crossed.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Outstrip(f): 3:43am On Jun 08, 2009
Some educated people are so clueless it boggles the mind. I have had conversations with degree holders and I did not know if I should slap myself or slap them. What I have learned over the years though is that someone who seeks knowledge and is open to learning knew things is much better than someone who is so rigid and will not even bother to pick up a book and learn something new. Education is great but it is not everything especially when we are talking marriage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by spikedcylinder: 9:51am On Jun 08, 2009
Threads from 2005 still exist? shocked
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Phemour: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Threads from 2005 still exist? shocked
All right reserved. cheesy
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Ilelobola: 12:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
Might be hard these days but could work. My grandma was educated but my grandpa was not. She taught him to read etc and they stayed married to each other till their deaths but that was then. It helped their female children further their studies more than most women of that time as my grandma pushed their dad to do even even more for them.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by beingme(f): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2009
Most educated women can't handle situation well in most cases. i don't see that barrier ur posing in marrying an educated woman while u re not education. Education is not all about goin to skool but teaching and training, so one is free to marry whosoever he's dying for educated or not.
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by Ben13: 10:55am On Jun 09, 2009
what does the poster refer to as Educated man, lady?
Re: Marriage of an Educated Woman and Uneducated Man by beingme(f): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2009
the poster knows beta

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Receives Car Gift From His Boss, Prince Ned Nwoko, After Welcoming A Child / Why Are There Many Pregnant Brides Nowadays? / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.