Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:10 PM

The World Without Our Loved Ones - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The World Without Our Loved Ones (857 Views)

Protecting Our Loved Ones. / What Do I On Birthdays Of Lost Loved Ones / The World Without Our Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Without Our Loved Ones by Emotivator(m): 2:26am On Aug 27, 2008
Imagine living our life without a purpose. Imagine what the world will look like if not for the powerful influence of love on our emotional intelligence and intelligent quotient. Permit me to make an assumption here that the man who invented the telephone must have done so in a bid to keep in touch with a loved one(s) in a far land.

Imagine you as a soldier, having your gun well loaded standing in front of your deadly but armed less enemy. Knowing fully well that this enemy can cause serious damage if given the opportunity. What will you do?watch him? Romance with him? Or shoot him? Also imagine yourself in a position to curb an ailment. This ailment is so deadly that it can wipe out the entire human race if not given urgent attention. You are so much in control that this dreadful ailment can be taken care of by you only making a decision and it will be binding. Will you sit down and watch while the existence of your of your loved once are being threatened?

There is a problem (dreaded disease) that is imposing serious treat to our existence. This problem is a respecter of no status (politically and economically). AM sure the acronym HIV/AIDS is not strange to you.

This dreadful disease has vowed to wipe out the entire human race if nothing is done. If you have the kind of ears I have, you will hear millions of orphans crying and still counting. Every body have been affected by this great enemy of ours. Fear always grip me whenever I try to imagine what this world will look like if we allow our enemy to succeed in taking away all our loved ones.

God forbid, but if we allow this enemy of ours to succeed, the following will become the fate of this our "beautiful" world; Wars, hatred, killing, gnashing of teeth, continual crying, poverty, endless suffering, stress, depression etc. This list is inexhaustible; just imagine whatever bad thing your mind can conceive

Posterity will not forgive us if we fold our hands without doing anything to stop this enemy of ours. Remember, we are both soldiers and people of authority. Meaning that we are all well positioned to stop this bad enemy.

Don't forget that our aim is to defend our loved ones because we cannot stand this world without them. What about those that have already been hit by HIV/AIDS? Are we going to accelerate their extinction by stigmatizing and discriminating against them? I trust you, I know for sure that CAPITAL NO will be your answer. Show REAL LOVE to that infected; neighbour, Sibling, Friend, Spouse, Relation of yours. They need us as much as we need them.

Before I go, let me remind you of something: The healing potential of of smile can no longer be doubted, so make sure you put smile on someone's face today- especially the infected ones amongst us. Spread the good news while you join me in motivating our people to action against this our common enemy. smiley
Re: The World Without Our Loved Ones by timbabng(m): 7:52am On Aug 29, 2008
right on

(1) (Reply)

Woman Delivers Another Baby Three Months After Having A Twin! / Harrowing Experience Of A Nigerian Maid: / Are Today's Mothers Doing Enough To Protect The Female Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.