Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,018 members, 7,803,419 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised (12472 Views)

Jonathan’s Ex-cso Hospitalised, Discharged / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Ebola Scare:2 Feared Dead,20 Others Hospitalised Over Excessive Salt Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by adventure(m): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2008
[b]There are strong indications yesterday that President Umar Musa Yar’Adua who is on an official trip outside the country, may have taken ill, as he has been admitted in a Saudi hospital.

International wire agency reports quoted sources in Saudi Arabia as saying that Yar’Adua is in a serious condition at the Saudi German Hospital in Jeddah. He was said to have been admitted in the hospital last Wednesday, shortly after he left the country for undisclosed ailments.

Consequently, the agency said, his planned state visit to Brazil, previously scheduled to commence tomorrow was indefinitely postponed. Sources said that Yar’ Adua’s German doctors have not given a date for his departure from Saudi Arabia.

An official at the Presidency in Brazil was quoted as saying that the protocol department in the office of President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva had received advice from Nigerian authorities stating that the official arrival ceremony for President Umaru Yar’adua earlier scheduled for Thursday had been postponed indefinitely.

Sahara reporters said the Brazilian official stated that no reasons were advanced for the postponement of Yar’adua’s trip. Quoting sources within Aso Rock, it said that Yar’Adua’s close associates and his wife, Turai, had decided against sending him back to the German hospital, where he was last treated and where his comprehensive medical history is being kept.

Their fear is that his return to Germany might create undue alarm within the diplomatic community and create security problems for his presidency.

Yar’Adua, it was gathered, travelled with a few family members, including his wife and daughter, as well as his personal doctor, aide-de camp and two German doctors who had earlier flown into Nigeria to manage his deteriorating health condition.

Signs that Yar’Adua would not be able to make it to Brazil emerged yesterday when members of his advance party to Brazil were recalled to Abuja from Lagos.

The delegation had planned to fly to Brazil via London. But, it was learnt that the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF), Chief Michael Aondoakaa (SAN), who should have been attending the Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) Delegates Conference holding in Abuja, was instructed to abandon the conference and proceed to London.

All attempts to get Mr. Olusegun Adeniyi, the Senior Special Assistant (Communication) to Yar’Adua to speak on the matter failed as several call put through to his mobile telephone were not answered.

However, a presidency source who pleaded anonymity, told Daily Champion that the trip to Brazil had been cancelled, though he gave no reason for the cancellation. On the state of health of the President, he said even if he had been taken to the hospital, it was for a routine check which is normal, given the demands of his office.[/b]

http://www.champion-newspapers.com/news/article1_270808.htm
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by MrCrackles(m): 10:34am On Aug 27, 2008
The guy don sick again?!

I tire oooooo

My Grandma wey dey go 90 no dey sick like dis!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by otokx(m): 10:43am On Aug 27, 2008
Lets pray for the quick recovery of our dear president
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2008
otokx:

Lets pray for the quick recovery of our dear president

Shooooooooo?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That one na waste of prayer oh

If he be private citizen, I go pray for him but right now any means to shorten his stay in office dey ok for me.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2008
This is where we know the real man we elected as president. If this man really cares for his job and is not like the old goons we have had in the past, he will make sure that the country continues to run, with or without him being there. In the world we live in today, I see no reason why he can not run the country from his bed side ( assuming he is still conscious ) and has access to internet and a phone.

I am not trying to be inhuman here but I am sorry, this man is ill and in a world class hospital somewhere while he is in charge of thousands who are likely in same situation or worse but have to deal with his choice of not providing them the same opportunities. So, yarAdua, sick or not, do your job or step down.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by bawomolo(m): 3:47pm On Aug 27, 2008
an african man step down from power because of illness? there is nothing agbo jedi-jedi can't cure grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 27, 2008
What happened to Goodluck Jonathan? Is he sick too?
This will tell whether he really is the VP or the Federal Houseboy he's reputed to be. cheesy
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Pataki: 3:51pm On Aug 27, 2008
What kind of ailment is he under that it cannot be disclosed? undecided
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2008
Churg-Strauss syndrome.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
Goodluck's star and destiny of becoming the n0 1 citizen of nigeria is fast approaching.

remember from local government chairman to deputy governor to governo to vice president to, , who knows?
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2008
Goodluck's star and destiny of becoming the n0 1 citizen of nigeria is fast approaching.

remember from local government chairman to deputy governor to governo to vice president to, , who knows?
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 27, 2008
Turai yaradua say if her husband die for office him no go be first in history

So why must I pray
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by ayinba1(f): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
I do not know alot about Joe Goodluck, but from nairaland opinion, do u guys actually envisage the normal order of succession here. Ssomehow, I fear more for Goodluck's life. as for YarAdua, we'll see.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by ssRhino: 5:10pm On Aug 27, 2008
ayinba1:

I do not know alot about Joe Goodluck, but from nairaland opinion, do u guys actually envisage the normal order of succession here. Ssomehow, I fear more for Goodluck's life. as for YarAdua, we'll see.

what is there to fear for, when it comes to VP's life and i dont think the life of the president is in danger as well, he is sick and if he died due to the ailment, i dont think it is a danger to his life, but just his sickness
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 27, 2008
mikeansy:

Shooooooooo?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

That one na waste of prayer oh

If he be private citizen, I go pray for him but[b] right now any means to shorten his stay in office dey ok for me[/b].

shocked, kia ma guy U dey harsh O

olibyno:

Dont i just wish ma name was Goodluck also
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by cgift(m): 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2008
me thinks he should rely more on hhis vp or else, he stands the risk of being overrun by a coup. nothing is impossible.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Pepeye(f): 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2008
olibyno:

He is depicting he’s name…Goodluck
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by congoshine(m): 7:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
I pray for our dear president,but I remember ZAMBIA !!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by k0nFUsi0n: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2008
BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Yar'Adua finally goes home! shocked shocked shocked

Info has it that he died clutching his wife's hand, and his last words were: " Tell Obasanjo I forgive him. I love Nigeria, " cry cry cry

Rest in peace, O Umaru!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by folahann(m): 7:44pm On Aug 27, 2008
k0nFUsi0n:

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

Yar'Adua finally goes home! shocked shocked shocked

Info has it that he died clutching his wife's hand, and his last words were: " Tell Obasanjo I forgive him. I love Nigeria, " cry cry cry

Rest in peace, O Umaru!

Take that back, this is a serious matter!!!! angry
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by kemar112(f): 7:52pm On Aug 27, 2008
u guys haba, dis is d no1 citizen we're talkn 'bout here,
hope he gets beta cos so many hopes r in his regime.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by lekeleke(m): 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2008
Let us pray for our dear president, let us also remember that every leadership(authority) is ordained by GOD. As for me, I wish our president quick recovery. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by naijacutee(f): 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
It's really sad that we haven't got a hospital in Nigeria that capable of taking care of the President's health concerns. What then happens to those who are not rich enough to travel abroad?
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by eldee(m): 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2008
I'm waitching AIT International, The Honorable Minister of Information just denied it
He said The President is just there on lesser Hajj
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 27, 2008
lekeleke:

Let us pray for our dear president, let us also remember that every leadership(authority) is ordained by GOD. As for me, I wish our president quick recovery. GOD BLESS NIGERIA

How do you know God ordained him? I don't know-anything Nigerians can't change or were too weak to change goes on to become God's doing. Well the only thing the corrupt and insensitive ellite are afraid of is death. Please God strike them all round every day, so that many innocent people will get jobs and stay away from crimes and other vices. These foolish politicians and their military and western backers make folks here blind, hopeless and stunted in growth generation to generation.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by iceland(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2008
well, may be God wants him home.I dont see any difference between him and the monkey that lives in otta farm.If he needs to go,why waste time and money!
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Kaiser5000: 8:31pm On Aug 27, 2008
ferdiii:

How do you know God ordained him? I don't know-anything Nigerians can't change or were too weak to change goes on to become God's doing. Well the only thing the corrupt and insensitive ellite are afraid of is death. Please God strike them all round every day, so that many innocent people will get jobs and stay away from crimes and other vices. These foolish politicians and their military and western backers make folks here blind, hopeless and stunted in growth generation to generation.

Thank you! Nigerians will never cease to amaze me with how they reason sometimes. What has "God" to do with this issue.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Cristalz(f): 8:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
eldee:

I'm waitching AIT International, The Honorable Minister of Information just denied it
He said The President is just there on lesser Hajj

Saw the same on Channels tv news. Oga John said Oga President is in Saudi Arabia on lesser Hajj and to the best of his knowledge is not sick in any way.

Hmm,rumor mongers sef. Na una go kill Yar'adua  lipsrsealed
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by papadenzel(m): 8:35pm On Aug 27, 2008
Honorable minister, hope u'll remain honorable o!!!!if sumtin bad happens, hen!!!!!!!u'd beta b diplomatic and keep mum , 2 b on d safe side, u know how these things work,
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by Planner(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2008
It is a tragedy that we are saddled with a extremely sick, weak and slow president in this period of our development. it is a disaster. Sometimes foreigners are amazed that such our society exists in realism.
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by eldee(m): 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2008
papadenzel:

Honorable minister, hope u'll remain honorable o!!!!if sumtin bad happens, hen!!!!!!!u'D beta b diplomatic and keep mum , 2 b on d safe side, u know how these things work,
It's his job to get information from the source on issues that could affect National Security . . . and yeah, the President's health is essential to your safety
He said it clearly that he just called the President's entourage and everything was perfectly alright
You can't know better than the Minister of Information
Re: Yar’adua Sick, Hospitalised by nigeria13: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2008
if he is sick , just pray for him and not insult him. it can happen to any one. You people are wicked.

What if the supreme court cancel the election and Umar refuse to run. The constitution makes david Mark president until an election is conducted. So hold on before you start wishing Goodlucky , Good lucky.  Only impeachment, death or resignation can a vice president become president. not when election is cancel.  page 71 of the nigeria constitution. before you people kill this man over the internet can you please read the constitution.

photo of the supreme court from satellite , the  2 mountain behind the nation stadium in abuja from satellite , lokoja, bauchi , jos and see our national cakes worth more than $3 million  or what words could says , it is valueless.  check them out http://Nigeria.mooo.com

1416 904 5008 or email nigeriamail@hotmail.com
www.nairaland.com/attachments/94330_logo_png1bb87d41d15fe27b500a4bfcde01bb0e

Lokoja

Bauchi

Jos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Governor Okowa's Message To Obasanjo At 79 / Dapo Abiodun Wins Ogun APC Guber Primary / Video: See Fleets Of Exotic Cars Found In Godwin Emefiele's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.