Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life (6735 Views)

5 Signs That Shows You May Never Be Successful In Life! / Buy Whatever You Want In The USA In Simple 7 Steps / Buy What You Want In The US And Ship To Naija. US-based And Paypal Verified (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by goldlink(m): 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2008
I know that you will be filled with curiosity by merely looking at the topic i came up with. If you know goat very well you will realize that there is a particular thing it does most of the time. For instance, if you are in your compound peeling the back of cassava which the goat likes eating, if the goat comes there to eat it, no matter the number of times you try to drive it away, it will still come back. You can hurl all types of objects on the goat to make it run away, it will only run and come back. The only thing that will make the goat leave that place for you is if you remove the cassava you are peeling from its sight.

What a persistent stubbornness from the goat! And that is what i want you to think about. I have seen a lot of people whose major reason they are still located at the lowest rung of the ladder in life is because they lack persistence. And quite tragically most of them are not even aware that they are under the bondage of it. As a Human Development Practitioner, i take special interest in studying people and can easily tell where their problem is coming from. Lack of persistence ranks high in many of the cases i see.

To be a hero in life you have to be stubborn to obstacles. There are no accidental stars anywhere in the world. The English writer John Creasy's life is a study in persistence, as an aspiring young writer he suffered devastating rejections, he was rejected more than five hundred times but was able to publish more than six hundred books later. I believe strongly that no one will be significantly successful without passing the persistence test.
I can tell you without fear of contradiction that you have suffered many losses in life through one way or the other just because of your poor persistence level.

If God should come down today from heaven and collect all the money in the whole world, including properties and go back to heaven and tells everyone to start afresh, do you know that the successful ones will be successful again, while the poor ones will remain poor? The reason it will be like that is because the successful ones have mastered laid down principles which they follow to achieve an aim. God will not change the way you think. It's your duty to do that. Great and successful men do not get stuck to where they stumbled, they maintain their gaze on where they are going.

Whatever you are passing through today is not a news. Neither is it it peculiar to you. If you persist your problem will crumble. But if you run away, you will never grow and you will still encounter such a problem again, so how long will you continue to quit? What will make you great in life is the number of obstacles you defeated on your way to achieving your dream. That is why you need to cultivate the culture of persistence today because you will encounter many obstacles on the way but once you have the mindset of defeating obstacles you will be having fun as you go along. Then, People will be seeing obstacles in your dreams and ideas but you will be seeing stepping stones and disguised opportunities. Go! and defeat that obstacle.

1 Like

Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by mosyb: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2008
@GOLDLINK

I LIKE UR SENSE because THERE IS SENSE IN NONE SENSE, WELL AS A GOAT BEING PERSISTANT IS OKAY, BUT I WAN ASK U, GOAT GET SENSE ? IF DEM CALL U GOAT U NO GO VEX ?

WISDOM IS HAVING THE ABILITY TO PURSUE WHAT U WANT AND THE ABILITY TO LET GO WHEN IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GET IT, YES I AGREE A GOAT IS PERSISTANT, BUT HIM NO GET SENSE,THERE ARE TIMES WHEN IT IS CONSIDERED PRUDENT TO PURSUE A COURSE WHICH YOU KNOW WILL BENEFIT U, AND ALSO WHEN TO KNOW WHEN TO STOP CAUSE IT COULD LEAD TO ANOTHER THING

SO SUCCESS HAS A LOT OF HIDDEN DANGERS, THOUGH FINALLY IT IS SWEET, BUT AT TIMES IT COULD COST U A LOT OF THINGS, HAPPINESS OR EVEN YOUR LIFE,

SEE WHAT I MEAN ?

1 Like

Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by follyg: 4:43pm On Sep 02, 2008
and sometimes the goat gets to adamant till they club its head to death.
My little cent, Be persistent and also apply wisdom
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by goldlink(m): 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2008
You should not think like a goat here, you are advised to use the type of persistent found in goats not for you to become a goat.
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by defemz(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2008
goldlink:

You should not think like a goat here, you are advised to use the type of persistent found in goats not for you to become a goat.

cry Seconded
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by spikedcylinder: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2008
follyg:

and sometimes the goat gets to adamant till they club its head to death.

Oh my word!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by mosyb: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2008
PERSISTANCE IS USING DIFFERENT APPROACHES TO ACHIEVE A PARTICULAR AIM, NOT USING ONE PARTICULAR STANCE TO GET THAT THING,DONT YOU SEE THAT THE PROBLEM WITH THE GOAT IS JUST PLAIN STUPIDITY AND IT HAS NO IMAGINATION

WHY NOT THINK LIKE THE ANT, EVEN THE BIBLE USES THEM AS AN EXAMPLE

"GO TO THE ANT , THOU SLUGGARD, CONSIDER HER WAYS AND BE WISE"

1 Like

Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Sentra: 5:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ goldlink
I see  you are kind of speaking in `parables`.However parables are not meant for all to understand.So don't be discouraged if you are persecuted for your post.Ride on,
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 03, 2008
Sentra:

@ goldlink
I see you are kind of speaking in `parables`.[b]However parables are not meant for all to understand.[/b]So don't be discouraged if you are persecuted for your post.Ride on,

Not that they don't understand my bro, just wanna make fun out of everything,

Why must you post if you have nothing sensible to contribute?
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2008
crazy topic grin
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by SamMilla1(m): 7:35pm On Sep 03, 2008
This is a very nice post,
Just try to put it to use according to your own understanding.
People alwayz judge things based on what see
Instead of the meaning that might hide behind the original notes.
We can do better than this.
For instance , i can easily turn this into jokes and make fun out of it.
But i can also learn to be positively persistant from it.
You dont have to condemn people because they didnt say things the way you want.

@poster, i like what your wrote.

i can only tell you what aristotle said hundreds of years back

"evruy genius has an admixture of madness"

dont bother about what people are saying here

2 Likes

Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by sley4life(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2008
This is a sad report that the President of Nigeria is Dead in Saudi Arabic. May is soul rest in peace. xcheck out this link and get back to me http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-71526
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 03, 2008
sley4life:

This is a sad report that the President of Nigeria is Dead in Saudi Arabic. May is soul rest in peace. xcheck out this link and get back to me http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-71526

It would appear this guy's what this thread's all about.

Goat-like persistence, his stupid thread's plastered all over Nairaland, in virtually every section.

Some people are actually worse than goats in the brain department.
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by mosyb: 10:13pm On Sep 03, 2008
@sley4life

SINCE THIS TOPIC IS ALL ABOUT GOATS, I THINK U SHOULD BE PERSISTANT AND POST UR BAD NEWS ALL OVER THE PLACE, ABI U NO GET SENSE, NA GOAT WEY WE DEY TALK ABOUT OR U NO GET SENSE, ABEG POST THIS THING ELSE WHERE

HURRAY TO ALL THE GOATS !!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

@Siena

NO MIND WETIN DEM DEY POST, JUST DEY MANAGE READAM, NA GOAT LIKE PERSISTANCE WE DEY TALK ABOUT, I THINK I GREE WIT UR POST ON SLEY4LIFE
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by sley4life(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2008
You guys should confirm. It was sent to me for confirmation which i have read and posted it in various links, una wey de talk say i de post am for various link no get work. Na useful info i get with source, I dont write without source so u should ask urself if u got brains that u cant read btw lines
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by mosyb: 11:09pm On Sep 03, 2008
@SLEYFORLIFE

CLAP FOR UR SELF, U TRY WELL WELL, U ARE JUST 2 MUCH, BUT A WORD OF ADVICE, USE UR BAD NEWS TO START A NEW THREAD, EVEN IF YAR'ADUA DIE AS U TALK , NA HERE U GO POST AM, WHY NOT GO TO NTA OR OTHERS MEDIA HOUSES, ABEG GO DO IT IN POLITICS SECTION, WE ARE DISCUSSING ABOUTS GOATS HERE

U DEY DISTURB US O grin grin grin
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 03, 2008
sley4life:

You guys should confirm. It was sent to me for confirmation which i have read and posted it in various links, una wey de talk say i de post am for various link no get work. Na useful info i get with source, I don't write without source so u should ask yourself if u got brains that u can't read between lines

Your brain isn't grasping the issues here -

Why post the same thing thing in virtually every section?
It's called "spamming".

Doesn't that tell you something about the way your brain's working? undecided
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by keba(m): 11:47pm On Sep 03, 2008
ROTFLMAO grin cheesy grin
UNA GO KILL ME WITH LAUGHTER OHH shocked shocked
BEG MAKE WE DISCUSS ABOUT GOATS!?!?!
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Queenisha: 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
keba:

ROTFLMAO grin cheesy grin
UNA GO KILL ME WITH LAUGHTER OHH shocked shocked
BEG MAKE WE DISCUSS ABOUT GOATS!?!?!

Oya make we start na
who wants isiewu?
how many plates? grin

Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by dreeldee: 1:21am On Sep 04, 2008
@Queenisha grin grin grin cheesy cheesy no turn this thread to another hapaulina joke o cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 5:13am On Sep 04, 2008
@sley4life
this is an ha-paul-lean goat like persistence
dont mind them jare grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Scopium: 7:12am On Sep 04, 2008
[size=13pt]What a way to title a thread. It's cool just like the bible telling us to look at the ants.[/size]
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 04, 2008
'
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by shilling(f): 9:25am On Sep 04, 2008
Nice post.
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 04, 2008
lol grin goats!
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by quadrillio(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2008
Let just say you need to be a wise Goat  grin  grin  grin
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by Ibime(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2008
Nice one Goldlink.
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by AIRSUPPLY(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2008
GOLDLINK,

YOUR WRITE UP DON GIVE ME MORALE TO STEP AHEAD TO THE NEXT LEVEL IN LIFE,

I LOVE IT,
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by MrCrackles(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2008
wetin be all this long story now poster?!
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by nana(f): 1:10pm On Sep 04, 2008
Summary pls
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by ztyle(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2008
*Sipping My Five Alive* - So Nana u have time to read this Story!
Re: Use 'Goat Mentality' To Get What You Want In Life by seun001(m): 1:38pm On Sep 04, 2008
@Siena/Queenisha

chei!u guys are going to kill me with lafta. grin grin grin grin grin

well,i have seen one persistent goat that got its legs cobbled by one aboki,the goat come get sense oh.

@sley4anytin,

stop spreading unsubstantiated rumours.our presido is not dead but recuperating from a surgery.and that your reliable news monger will prolly get cobbled by an aboki sooner or later. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Advice On Binary Options Trading / I Made Over $700 Posting Free Videos Online. See How / Prices Of Food Stuff Decreased In November – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.