Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:44 AM

Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? (6326 Views)

Website Of Punch Newspaper Finally Hacked / Punch Newspaper Website Free Again? / Punch Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 11:48am On Aug 28, 2008
Visit http://www.punchng.com/ and wait for about 10 secs and/or for the page to finish loading. You get redirected to another site, different layout, look and feel but the title references punch.

Question: Could the site have been hacked or is this the new layout? If the latter, I am sure you will agree that it's a bad way to go about it.

Check it out and report your findings.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by syskay(m): 1:15pm On Aug 28, 2008
A very usual occurrence with the Punch Website. Some weeks ago, the website was completely defaced and replaced with spam and this lasted for hours.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
I experienced it yesterday on Firefox but it was not the same on CrazyBrowser yesterday
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 5:55pm On Sep 11, 2008
Visit the site and get a page that tells you SUCCESS.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/ doesn't work either
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by sanyaele(m): 3:52pm On Sep 20, 2008
Yes it's true that the Punch site has been continuously hacked lately, however the company providing their website hosting service (Atlas Systems) has been up and doing about combating the hackers. On Thursday (18/09/08), the hackers eventually hacked into the CMS of the punch site and posted a story as the lead story of that day. In the story they identified themselves as 'a group of Nigerian Hackers' and they claim to have logged off all the administrators blah blah blah (reference is made to this incident in a disclaimer on The Punch print edition of Friday 19/09/08).

However as at the time of this writing, The Punch site is free from any kind of attack whatsoever (I dare say it might be the most secure server in Nigeria at the moment), thanks to the security features put in place by the webhosting company (Double Firewall protection, VPN restriction, locally resident CMS, McAfee's daily vunerability scan of the system - cost $,$$$/year, server load balancing, stricter form validations, segmentation of all domains e.t.c. - and some other things I can't mention here due to security issues).

The hackers must be seriously disappointed, and I must commend the paper's (Punch) support of the technology company providing web hosting access.

How I know all these?

,   because I work with Atlas Systems. (In the long run it was a bit disappointing for us the programmers, we thought it would be more fun ;-)
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 6:32pm On Sep 20, 2008
Lesson of the day:

Don't be cheap and go with the least protection.  If you want to run a successful business online, it is better to pay N1million today and be worry-free than pay N10million (in both time, software, hardware and human brains) tomorrow.

I personally haven't been to that site in 2 weeks or so when my FF3 flagged the site as a potential security threat. I will give them to october 1st b4 reluctantly visiting them again. I have too much stored on my computer and as such can't risk even a 1% chance of infection.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by sanyaele(m): 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2008
You are very right. But the truth is that there is an extent you can secure ANY resource on the internet. Even at the present level of security, Yahoo! Inc. and Google are still far more secure than Punch (We put the Punch files on a new dedicated server from a new Service provider we just got, and under 24hrs, the Naughty Boys brought that server down - i think using DDOS).

So as much as it's ok to secure as much as possible, there is no optimum security (A network is as secure as the HACKERS' inability to gain access), even Pentagon servers are compromised sometimes. Come to think of it, even gov.palin@YAHOO.com and gov.sarah@YAHOO.com (The US Republican Vice President nominee's personal email) were very recently compromised.

As far as you are on the Internet, you are open to attacks. Online, security is an on-going thing, if you doubt it, kindly tell me your URL (protect it as much as you know how to) and give us 48hrs.

That said, The reason why Firefox 3 flagged the Punch site as malicious is because it compares all websites to the list in the badware.org database (which Google actively updates via their bots), and if you had taken time to read the google report on the site at that time, you would see that it was flagged for being used as a medium for TRANSMITTING malicious content (Due to specific SQL injections), and clearly not for HOSTING malicious content.

Conclusively, as much as the threat of hacking is EVER present, we shall continue to try our very BEST to protect the viewers of the Punch site from people with malicious intents. And thanks to tools like badware.org, google.com, Firefox3, google chrome, AVG 8.0, asquared free, adaware, and online armour we can browse the Internet knowing that someone is watching our back (By the way if your firefox says it's safe to browse a site, I think you should trust it - You trusted it enough to stop viewing)

Additionally, the punch site originally cost =N=X,Bleep,Bleep (It was not cheap), and we have just gotten an account with another service provider (Reputed as the best webhosting company in the world - It is not cheap too)
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 5:44am On Sep 21, 2008
Thatz right - u r only as secure as you make it. That being said, there is no need (and I hate it when Nigerians in particular do this angry) saying in a sense that that cos google and yahoo are/aren't as secure that again in a sense, it is okay for Punch to be/not to be secure. No offense, but you are sounding like you are quoting from a textbook, an ebook or some article you pulled off of google.

Look, I am not trying to down punch. They are the #1 most visited nigerian website, in Nigeria, in the world. It isn't easy to get there and of course, when u r on top, the sharks will definitely be swirling around hoping for you to drop blood. I have been visiting that site every day for the past 3 yrs. All I am saying is, in my own interest, I will lay low for a while, thatz all.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by badesemowo(m): 7:32am On Sep 21, 2008
Hacking, ? Virtually Every Server in the world has been hacked at onetime or the other, The only way I believe to remain secure is to hire hackers to regularly "try" to hack into your site, I mean you've got to check your scripts, hosting vulnerabilities, denial of service, , and so much more. Even Joomla.org (the world's largest CMS) was hacked recently,

But in all, I would blame the company maintaining the website for this. (if there is a maintenance contract in place)

I hope you know most times when an Hacker gets access to the system, they leave many backdoors so they can come back anytime.You probably will not find this (especially in a big file system) . The only solution is to recreate the whole hosting account and restore a backup.

Just my own 2 kobo.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by sanyaele(m): 11:12am On Sep 22, 2008
@Yawa-ti-de. You do not think one can make enlightened contributions without pulling it off articles? Anyway I agree with you that the security of your PC and data is in the long run your sole responsibility. (Please, don't take my replies as confrontational)

@badesemowo. Yes, if anyone has to be blamed, it is the "company maintaining the website", and yes there is a maintenance contract in place. But as you rightly said, no one is free from external attack, the purpose of maintaining a contract is not always for proactive management (forestalling/preventing any breach of security), but it is also for reactive management (correcting any breach of security - which was the case with THIS last episode). And as relating to the backdoors left by the Naughty Boys, we resorted to moving the files to another physical dedicated server in another network segment of the same hosting company, and to implement as many security features as possible around it (I think anything more than what is already in place will be tantamount to paranoia)

And yes, we replaced with backup copies.

Thank you. Your 2 kobo is actually worth much more (at least we know we are in the general right direction - I am interested in your other kobos too)
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 11:27am On Sep 22, 2008
@sanyaale
Please, don't take my replies as confrontational)
and what gave you the impression that I am?  No need getting defensive.   What has happened as happened.  It has happened to the best of us.  The important thing is that the site is back up (supposedly). 

Just this morning (US time), I visited the site only to get:
Server Error in '/' Application.
Server Too Busy
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +148

Yes, I admit it.  I decided to chew my own words and visit the site despite my prior postings and I was disappointed yet again.  I then decided to be in the spirit of forgiveness and hit reload after visiting 5 other news sites and the site came up.   As I type, I get the same error.  Will that make me stop visiting for a while?  You can bet your last naira that emphatic my answer is yes.

On another topic, I personally don't like the new arrangement of news items at the bottom of the page - there is no demarcation b/w news articles and as a result, I will not bother reading that portion of the site.  Also, one perennial problem of that site has been the search feature.  I have always gotten a server error.  Perhaps you can talk to those concerned about this.

Finally, don't think too much of my posts.  Just read my tag line below to understand why I do what I do.

Thanks,
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by sanyaele(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2008
Again you are right. However, The Punch has two urls (www.punchontheweb.com and www.punchng.com), both reside on different IP addresses (so If one is bogged down, the other could continue running without impediment). Right now you might have difficulties accessing the site through www.punchng.com, but the same does not apply to www.punchontheweb.com.

And we are still working. We are looking at cross-linked re-directions such that when one is down, users are automatically redirected to the other domain.

For the look and feel of the site, we are currently redesigning the website, so most of the look and feel corrections will be effected in the new design, with the redesign, you won't have cross-browser issues anymore, and you will get to see much more features than the present site is touting.

Thanks for your constructive criticism (But I must say it bothers on cynicism - pardon my choice of words)
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by tumfulu: 11:57am On Sep 22, 2008
after all these grammar, www.punchng.com is still not working.

If Punch can have their servers hacked into, then, they are not serious. Where do they spend the billions of Naira they make daily?

Cheap cheaper cheapest.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by switchmax: 1:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
hey,
that is not punch official website here is their real website www.punchontheweb.com and stop mistaken their site for another.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2008
okay,

it seems there are 2 issues here:
1) the site (at least the one i know) isn't running, AND
2) there are 2 different urls

I have worked in many places with different servers.  they do what is called load balancing.  If one is too busy, or whatever, they shunt traffic to the other.  Why hasn't punch done this?  In other words, why even have 2 urls in the first place (as opposed to say, server1.punchng.com and server2.punchng.com)?  Also, how come some know of the "ontheweb" url and not me?  For the past 5 years or so, I have been accessing "punchng".  Why? Cos that is what came up on google when I did a search.  You see where I am going?

Sorry if my criticism borders on cynicism - I have been doing web dev for a very long time and have pretty much seen it all.  I hate it when I have to waste valuable time to do things that should be obvious (when the dust settles, check out the book, "don't make me think" by steve krug, if you haven't already).  I am a very loyal visitor to the "punchng" site, for one because it is the most visited nigerian website in nigeria.  Having said that, it takes very little to turn me off to anything on the web.  Please, take this as from someone who is both a loyal visitor and a fellow web developer, not as from someone who is trying to give punch newspaper a bad name.

Thanks,
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by tumfulu: 5:29pm On Sep 22, 2008
since i was born, the URL which i use to access punch had been www.punchng.com

Which one is this strange punchontheweb.com, it sounds like dik c in my pu ssy.com
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2008
tumfulu:

since i was born, the URL which i use to access punch had been www.punchng.com

Which one is this strange punchontheweb.com, it sounds like dik c in my pu ssy.com

On her papers, on radio etc, punch advertises her site as punchontheweb.com

They started this about 2 years ago.

the former site should just be closed!
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2008

NOTICE TO OUR ONLINE READERS
On Thursday September 18, 2008, the PUNCH website (www.punchontheweb.com or www.punchng.com) was invaded by unknown hackers who identified themselves in an un-authorized statement they posted on the site as "a group of hackers in Nigeria".

The group boasted that it had "logged out all (PUNCH on-line) system administrators and taken full control of the website’s CMS (i.e. content management system) so that this article (i.e. their un-authorized statement) isn’t edited and scrambled". It went on to make some claims on security issues in Nigeria. As soon as this was brought to our attention, our technical team went to work at once, reclaimed control of the site and deleted the embarrassing statement.

The PUNCH management wishes, therefore, to categorically disown the said un-authorized statement and to declare that it neither knows this "group of hackers in Nigeria" nor has any relationship of any kind with it.

We are doing everything in our power, and within our resources, to permanently exclude the hackers from the PUNCH website. Also, we assure our teeming readers, whose unprecedented traffic to the site the hackers claimed made them chose the PUNCH for hacking, that our on-line services will continue to be available.

Management
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2008
here here Mustay,

Shut the BLOODY punchng.com site down (especially when you consider that this url is giving an app error)!!!

This will also enable google and other search engines to remove it from its indexing.  Right now, a search for punch in google yields punchontheweb and punchng as #1 and #2 respectively.  Reminds me of pioneerng.com and pioneernewsonline.com

Not professional at all.  Wreaks of 419 if you ask me, and we all know, if there is one stereotype that dogs out anywhere in the world, it's 419.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by WebMonk(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
Mustay:

NOTICE TO OUR ONLINE READERS
On Thursday September 18, 2008, the PUNCH website (www.punchontheweb.com or www.punchng.com) was invaded by unknown hackers who identified themselves in an un-authorized statement they posted on the site as "a group of hackers in Nigeria".

The group boasted that it had "logged out all (PUNCH on-line) system administrators and taken full control of the website’s CMS (i.e. content management system) so that this article (i.e. their un-authorized statement) isn’t edited and scrambled". It went on to make some claims on security issues in Nigeria. As soon as this was brought to our attention, our technical team went to work at once, reclaimed control of the site and deleted the embarrassing statement.

The PUNCH management wishes, therefore, to categorically disown the said un-authorized statement and to declare that it neither knows this "group of hackers in Nigeria" nor has any relationship of any kind with it.

We are doing everything in our power, and within our resources, to permanently exclude the hackers from the PUNCH website. Also, we assure our teeming readers, whose unprecedented traffic to the site the hackers claimed made them chose the PUNCH for hacking, that our on-line services will continue to be available.

Management

Where was i when this action movie took place? Ha!

Well, someone else beat me in the best summary on the issue

Bottom line – spend the time upfront to test your pages and give your users the best experience possible. Otherwise, get ready to save face and risk losing your well earned reputation when something goes wrong.

Group of Hacker ko, Group of hacker ni  tongue
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by sanyaele(m): 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
Replying this post was a difficult decision in the light of the originator of this thread's new choice of language. But I will suffer it again.

With EVERY public icon (person or organization), there is always the potential risk of "losing your well earned reputation when something goes wrong", so it's nothing new. As I said before security for any resource on the Internet is ongoing (You never know which upgrade will give you what new bug or vulnerability, its just unfortunate if it was exploited before you apply patches - that's if the patches are released yet)

About shutting of a domain name, www.punchng.com is still a valid domain through which free electronic copies of news from The Punch is disseminated to readers on the Internet (It's a VERY normal thing for multiple domains to point to one Internet resource, if in doubt, as Guardian - www.ngrguardiannews.com and www.guardiannewsngr.com).

It's just unfortunate that most of tend to be very condemnatory of our own things (Very like the government's willingness to quickly shut down a TV station based on misinformed news that was later retracted, when news agencies like BBC aired and withdrew the very SAME item of news without any kind of threat whatsoever). I am not given excuses for what has happened, I am only saying that it is unfortunate that Nigerians are one of the most intolerant breeds of people and crucify quickly and rashly when their own lives are strewn with many mistakes that they had readily forgiven themselves of.

The bottom line is: if you want news and you can't get it on www.punchng.com, kindly go to www.punchontheweb.com. If you do not desire to go to the alternative website address, it's ok too. People who want unadulterated news will search for it and find it (for several days last year BBC news was showing "Site is currently Unavailable" error, but I am sure people still got over it and still visit the site in their millions. And by the way Channels is still one of my favorite TV channels, l wholeheartedly concur with Simon Kolawole of Thisday who wrote, and I quote: "Me, I will stay tuned to Channels. If you don’t like the news, you can switch to NTA."wink
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2008
Choice of language?  I see you probably need have have someone in public relations do the answering because I am not doing anything different from what an aggrieved customer would do cool

Just because guardian has 2 domains doesn't necessarily make it right. My point on domains is this: if I google for punch, I get 2 urls back to back.  Is this right?  I mean, if I click both URLs and see the same thing (kind of like what has happened with the Immigration website in recent times) wouldn't it make you think at least for a millisecond that chances are that one site is real and the other is not?

Per your quote of "going somewhere else", I think that is not the right approach to take.  I know from experience that that is the typical naija (generally spking) response to anything ("If im no like am, make im carry im money go"wink. If I owned the company and I read this from you, i would reprimand you immediately.  You either respond to the questions or you don't (not recommended).  Do you know if that one person has the ability to organize millions not to visit the site which would in turn hurt ad revenue which would in turn potentially affect your job?  You never know.  Do you have any web analytics process going?  if yes, any idea how many hits you are losing from those who have gone to punchng?  Again, think lost ad revenue, thank potential job losses as a result of reduced revenue.  If you must maintain 2 domains (something I don't recommend from an architectural point of view), then at least for now, redirect from one to the other.

Conclusion:
Nairaland is very powerful.  Chances are that you probably wouldn't have addressed this if you hadn't read it here (and chances are that if this isn't the only place that posted this, it was definitely the first or among the first).  Instead of saying things like, "go somewhere else", calm down, address the issues raised and even if you disagree, do so diplomatically.  A diplomat talks less and listens much.  Tell Simon Kolawole by the way that what he said wasn't the smartest of things to say.  It is bad PR and bad customer service.  You can't use that to justify poor service.

Now that I know of punchontheweb, I would be stupid to say, "na only punchng I go go. If I no see news there, I no go visit them again".  Again, that would be stupidity.   As Mustay has said (and yes, we don't own the site but as readers and fellow web developers, I think we have the right to suggest, for which you should take no offense or "find difficulty in replying", that one URL be shut down.  In the event that you need multiple domains, create a subdomain or a redirect.  That way, you don't get what I got here: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=punch+newspaper+nigeria&btnG=Google+Search&aq=1&oq=punch+newspaper+niger , that's all.

By the way, to put a potential visitor/advert client into further confusion, read the "last updated" portion on that results page.  In order not to deviate, i won't even bother asking about your update policy.

Take everything that has been written here not with a grain of salt and not as personal attacks but as suggestions which based on what I have read, I would strongly suggest you take. I could say worse things but in the interest of moving forward, i have chosen not to. So trust me, if you think I am negative now, you ain't seen nothing yet. Not that I would be rude, but I could. If I did, the message would be lost. You would focus on the attacks and not the message. I want you to focus on the message, thatz all.

Thanks,
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2008
punchng.com seems to be the domain that was hacked
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2008
yep.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by banky1987(m): 12:41pm On Sep 26, 2008
n
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2008
Now http://www.punchontheweb.com/ isn't up and running (as at 12 noon GMT, Sept 26, 2008)
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 2:45pm On Sep 26, 2008
wahala dey
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 3:44pm On Sep 26, 2008
okay, now it is.  No offense to those concerned but I want to blv that cnn.com gets more traffic than punch and so I wonder seriously why punch news site suffers such intermittent outages, especially in recent times.

A problem with the web architecture maybe?
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by bug24(m): 4:32pm On Sep 26, 2008
@Yewatide
u r right.
We all are guilty offenders,  but its those that were caught that are called thieves.

CNN website must have faced similar attacks but it never fell maybe.
They dont spare cash when it comes to technology but naija!!! hah!!!
we sabi economize.
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by basking4me: 10:29am On Sep 28, 2008
punchonthewebweb has been in existence far before punchng came up, I really believe, I have known punchontheweb way back as the official url for the newspaper house. Let's not debate that now.

I would like the issue digressed a little to the Hackers. In my view, they have done well, infact very well. They have shown what vurnerability means. Their actions have gone to wake us all up. If as a web developer, you think you know, well now you need to know more because someone is just around the corner to mess up your work.

In my view, I think we need more of things like this, it will bring out the very best in the country's IT brains. These guys have only come out to tell Nigerian developers and site owners to do more as regards their security. I am sure our banks will not compromise whatever is needed to secure their networks the more and so apllies for all other mission critical establishments.

Kudos to you guys. It was because you created viruses, thats why we have antiviruses today. the more you create problems for the industry, the more the industry is able to seatup and develop stronger solutions to your problems, cheesy
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by yawatide(f): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2008
basking4me:

For me, which URL was first isn't my issue. When I started visiting punch's site daily, it was from a google search. Guess which URL came up first? If punchontheweb came up first, I wd have checked that one out. Just imagine how many pple visit punchng simply because that is what came up first at the time? Hopefully, you get my pnt.

I also agree with you in terms of us needing more but only with respect to them working for good: working with Punch to help them realize their weak points.  Of course, the question remains, will any Nigerian corporation appreciate the talent of such Naughty Boys not only to hire them but to pay them well?

In other news: perhaps SSS could trail the punch Naughty Boys as well:

Yar'Adua: SSS trail Naughty Boys
From Yusuf Alli,  Managing Editor, Northern Operation
http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=64191

BARELY two weeks after pirates infiltrated the news dissemination network of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the State Security Service, SSS has launched fresh hunt for the pirates.

Investigations by The Nation revealed that the SSS has been exploring all clues to locate the server through which the news on the purported resignation plan was hatched and disseminated. Unless the pirates are arrested, it is feared that their future activities might jeopardise national security.
A source, who spoke with The Nation, said: "We have retrieved and studied NAN dissemination machinery and we have been analysing other clues, but we are yet to locate the site.

"There is no hiding place for the pirates because this is a technological age. The Director-General of SSS, Mr. Gadzama is determined to get to the root of this scam.
"If it means getting foreign technical assistance to unmask

the pirates, the SSS has good working relationship with some intelligence agencies that could assist the nation."

The source claimed that there were strong indications that the site used by the pirates might have been shut down.

"But it is still possible to locate the site and we are still on it.The technical details are under wraps."

He said the ongoing investigations had not made the government to take a definite decision on any sedition charge.

"We are certainly looking beyond those arrested. Preliminary investigations revealed that there might be more to the invasion of NAN’s website. That was why the SSS issued a statement that the President’s family was the target."

Meanwhile, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, has started probing the activities of three former top officials of NAN over alleged fraud.

According to the ICPC, the affected officials(names withheld) had also allegedly opened and maintained secret accounts in the name of NAN.

The brief on the case reads: "Investigation so far revealed that the officials defrauded the Federal Government of various sums running into millions of naira.

"Many payments were made before vouchers were sent to Internal Audit. Some payments which the suspects claimed they made to an international organisation that partnered with NAN were found not to have been made. These payments exceed N10million.

"They also conferred undue advantage on a female associate employed in NAN."

It was also gathered that two of the suspects conspired to withdraw N45million from the accounts of NAN after one of them had left office.

Although the ICPC said all the three suspects were at large, sources claimed that they had been in the country all along.

"In fact, some of the suspects had appeared before ICPC, why should the commission say that they are at large," one of the sources said. It was learnt that the suspects are also fighting back by alleging persecution by the management of NAN.

"They have been lobbying some people in The Presidency to intercede on their behalf. They are saying that they are victims of witch-hunt and rivalry politics in NAN."
Re: Punch Newspaper Site Possibly Hacked? by Mustay(m): 1:20pm On Sep 28, 2008
Punch has an article today talking about "preventing" hackers.

eh eh eh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let me re-construct/build your blog for you 4 just N5k (wp/blogger) - @JIBLOTECH / 5 Common Blogging Myths That Are Not True / SEO For Bloggers: How To Nail The Optimization Process For Your Posts - Climax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.