Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Love Letters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Letters (18224 Views)

Poll: Love letters are:

Sweet: 77% (235 votes)
Silly: 22% (69 votes)
This poll has ended

Which Is Sweeter: Love Letters Or Love Sms? / Share Your Secondary School Love Letters. . . / Love Letters To My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Letters by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2008
Love Letter hmmm

When i was a young girl,it flattered me alot.And i would just keep them in a box. grin

Well i guess they are not written these days.Or is it just me? undecided

Guys,did u ever write letters to girls you were toasting? Why? Were you shy or something? tongue

Girls?Did love letters work for you? Or just pissed u off? angry

I wonder if guys still send those. When there are other ways to to communicate like e-mails,txt messaging etc,  wink

Share your love letter experiences here!!! smiley
Re: Love Letters by Pataki: 1:36pm On Aug 28, 2008
Jessica, mind sharing your story first? undecided
Re: Love Letters by iice(f): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2008
I think it's sweet especially in my parents time.

Don't really remember. Am not really sentimental, so i probably threw mine out.
Most times am indifferent to it.
Maybe one day i will grow into liking them undecided
Re: Love Letters by k1banty(m): 8:23am On Sep 11, 2008
in this age and time

i doubt if that still exist (except among secondary school students)

na who get that time to write one (can't even remember the ones i wrote wayback in secondary school)

txt messaging is the prefered choice.
Re: Love Letters by ademeka(m): 10:58am On Sep 11, 2008
[color=#770077][/color][i][/i] See, that's the problem. Pple don't write any longer. Writing a little something sometimes gets to the woman. Women love it, at least once in a while. Putting the ink to paper, you can write so many things that you don't have an idea of how to say.
Re: Love Letters by gabsteve(m): 11:17am On Sep 11, 2008
To write Love letters then was fun cuz you will have the time to express yourself.

i think it should be encourage cheesy
Re: Love Letters by Danchiks(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2008
sad Hmmmm, LOVE LETTERS INDEED OR "LUST LETTERS" Keep on lusting and say ure loving, we need better things to discuss on this forum and not that
Re: Love Letters by Nella(f): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2008
ademeka:

[color=#770077][/color][i][/i] See, that's the problem. Pple don't write any longer. [b]Writing a little something sometimes gets to the  woman.  Women love it, [/b]at least once in a while.  Putting the ink to paper, you can write so many things that you don't have an idea of how to say.

U are mistaken. Atleast not all ladies.

I find them annoying and very very lame! I don't\never had the minimum patience for them.
Re: Love Letters by Ital(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2008
Love letter is a nice thing

at least to those that reason it

it put smiles on their faces (people that reasons love letter)

i once compose it

but never delivered

it fun to compose and read.
Re: Love Letters by showbobo(m): 11:35am On Sep 11, 2008
@topic

WOOW.I remember i used to keep them inside my box/between textbooks then.I just keep on reading them anytime i want to be happy and feel loved grin grin grin Internet and Phones have taken over now.Or what do you expect when primary school kids have phones now.

Danchiks:

sad Hmmmm, LOVE LETTERS INDEED OR "LUST LETTERS" Keep on lusting and say ure loving, we need better things to discuss on this forum and not that
Better things like?
Re: Love Letters by showbobo(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2008
Nella:

You are mistaken. Atleast not all ladies.

I find them annoying and very very lame! I don't\never had the minimum patience for them.

Maybe you didnt grow up in Naija or not just fun.
Re: Love Letters by carmelily: 11:44am On Sep 11, 2008
heheh. those were them days grin
Re: Love Letters by feg: 11:49am On Sep 11, 2008
yep .people still write love letters esp in secondary school, at least i seized one from a student in my class.
shocked
Re: Love Letters by yimiton(f): 11:54am On Sep 11, 2008
I loved my love leters a lot.

The only time I saw my first love was the day we met and liked each other, he 'toasted' me and I was terribly shy. I was in secondary school then. All our subsequent dating were done with love letters. They were the most beautiful letters I ever had. I still keep them and I have a smile on my face now as I remember how much I used to wait for them with expectations. How I'd cry if he didn't write as often as I expected  cry How happyI used to be  when he sent me cards and how I read meanings to every word he wrote in them.

It was a beautiful time and I wouldn't want to trade it for text messages or calls. I might not mind trading it for Emails because I could have printed them out and saved them but I just loved his hand writing. It was the most beautiful in the whole world in my innocent mind then.

I hated any other one from other guys. They just annoyed me.
Re: Love Letters by hadiza30(f): 11:57am On Sep 11, 2008
I personally enjoyed recieving hand written letters in general. Love letters, hmm that was something else grin. I had a special box where i kept them and re-read them each time i missed  ma boo, but then,  its all old stuff now with   the recent communication facilities.
Re: Love Letters by janami(f): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2008
hmm .  .  .  .  . back in those days.lol. u cannot imagine my surprise when one overly shy boy slipped one into my hand in NYSC camp after morning parade.

Love letters plenty that time. lol. i had this pastime of circling all the mistakes and ibon(bad english) whenever someone wrote me one. It was a joy to circle them errors cool

There was this sweet one though, i found this one really sweet
, i guess i was in ss2 then. He laid in wait at my gate and dropped the letter with my elder sister. no error to circle sad

the one trippin me now sha is my boyfriend's own little note (atlst he still writes notes)

hmm .  .  .  . "UnCloth for me embarassed" (wasnt referring to me, lol, but the pineapple he wanted me to peel and cut for him )
Re: Love Letters by dove24u(m): 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
Love letter,it should be encouraged kiss
Re: Love Letters by Emperoh(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2008
with some touch of creativity u can always bet that the receipient will like it
did it once or twice and even at an older age. i mean recently shocked but thru an email
all the same, i guess technological advancement and stuffs has taken over
Romantic sms now rules the Romance world and also e-cards and the likes

But it feels good to have the nostalgia of the past
Re: Love Letters by nana(f): 12:03pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hmmm,i wrote and received enough! Lol, i was talking to the person i used to write it to then. The guy actually quoted some of the things i wrote but when i tried denying it,he read out the whole letter. Boy! I was laughing my ass off. To think he still has the letters after 3-4 yrs  shocked.
Re: Love Letters by nana(f): 12:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
I would def. want to do it again if permitted.
Re: Love Letters by ELIJAHLOVE: 12:36pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hmmm Love letters, i think i like expressing myself in letters but i had two naughty experiences.
1. When i was in the Polytechnic, there was this lady that wanted us to have a relationship but i did every thing to reject it at the begining. But it got to a time whenmy friends made jest of me and as such i decided to give it a try, so i wrote a love letter which i dropped in ger bag one day when we went to read together for the coming exams, but funny enough she dint get to see the letter, it was her friend- a room mate, who saw it. No wonder this her friend started behaving funny towards me as if the letter was for her. i wonder why she dint even drop it back to place she got it rather she threw it away.

2. There was this lady i admired so much, we attended same such, stay on the same street and what else i guess her family liked me. So i decided to take advantage of that. I wrote her a love epistle not just a letter. She got it and did justice to it-- showed it to her parents and every member of her family who feated on it and started making their own comments.No wonder the family started avoiding me like a canof worn.

These experiences made me decide never to write love letters again in order to woo a lady. Though i wrote enough in my relationship, i liked it so much. Am a better love writer. this she admmitted and affirmed.
Re: Love Letters by olekus(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2008
Love letter ke? when we have internet with laptop with you all the time, text msgs yapaaa on phone , na olden days palava be that ooo , we are in the world of technology,
Re: Love Letters by ELIJAHLOVE: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hmmm Love letters, i think i like expressing myself in letters but i had two naughty experiences.
1. When i was in the Polytechnic, there was this lady that wanted us to have a relationship but i did every thing to reject it at the begining. But it got to a time whenmy friends made jest of me and as such i decided to give it a try, so i wrote a love letter which i dropped in ger bag one day when we went to read together for the coming exams, but funny enough she dint get to see the letter, it was her friend- a room mate, who saw it. No wonder this her friend started behaving funny towards me as if  the letter was for her. i wonder why she dint even drop it back to the place she got it rather she threw it away.

2. There was this lady i admired so much, we attended the same church,stay on the same street and what else i guess her family liked me. So i decided to take advantage of that. I wrote her a love epistle not just a letter. She got it and did justice to it-- showed it to her parents and every member of her family who feasted on it and started making their own comments.No wonder the family started avoiding me like a can of worm.

These experiences made me decide never to write love letters again in order to woo a lady. Though i wrote enough in my relationship,  i liked it so much. Am a better love letter writer. this she admmitted and affirmed.
Re: Love Letters by cruworld(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2008
i wrote it once and it worked for me but the relationship does not last long coz am a shy guy. it always hard for me to walk with chick in a social please.
Re: Love Letters by Udyro(f): 1:07pm On Sep 11, 2008
love letters, ehmm, that was good old experiences, like one said, u just encircle all the 'oyibo jagons' ur love sent to u and start giggle by urself.

Giving every meaning to each words sent to u was fun and imagining the sweet love all the way. kiss kiss

that fantacies has been carried away by the I.T. world.

recently i got the shock of my life! a guy used fulscap sheet of paper with four sided, and send me a bomb Love Letter, covering and consuming the whole four side! grin grin i had to take it home after work to finish reading it cheesy

its will be fun if we can start doing it again. cool cool shocked
Re: Love Letters by micklplus(m): 1:17pm On Sep 11, 2008
OMG ! I can't forget my various escapades writing love lettersssssssss to various girls ! I was quite good in that and i did a great justice to the act. I looked up words in the dico, read lotta novels, watched films so that, i can get various lines to send to girls. It was fun then and i will never forget the one i copied from a card, i sent it to a girl but unfortunately, she had seen the card before and alas !!! she did not only bounce me but also, she bounced my "love letter"  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Really, it was fun in those days and it should be encouraged amongst  babes and boys of nowadays for improved writing skills. grin grin grin
Re: Love Letters by spikedcylinder: 1:23pm On Sep 11, 2008
I went to an all girls school and hardly got any. angry
Except if you count "school love" letters. grin
Re: Love Letters by neffanga: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2008
i do not fancy love letter because there are other quick and advance means of communication our emotions to our loved ones and it stiil keep it private
to find out more about love relationships and dating advice please follow this link below
www.heartandskin.com
Re: Love Letters by sistawoman: 3:05pm On Sep 11, 2008
love letters are nice when you recieve them or send them.

Most times i will just slip a little note in my hubby's wallet so that he can get it when he reaches for his money. Or i will put it in his cab on the dash board. Likewise he will leave little love notes in my wallet or in the car.
Re: Love Letters by eudio(f): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2008
love letters ke?

they dont exist anymore
Re: Love Letters by jkpretty(f): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2008
Love letters? lol

I remember when i was in J.ss 2 or 3 that a boy about my age then posted a love letter to me in school. I remember him writing " I'm a man of great integrity" shocked My head kept swelling then, cos i read it with friends & good written English was the game. But thinking about it later just made me laugh & laugh so hard. . . Man of great integrity kooo . . . tongue
Re: Love Letters by mekk(m): 3:43pm On Sep 11, 2008
maybe not fashionable  these days of mammoth communication alternative means.I just can't stop it.its your original feelings in hard copy(not in electronic format).talking about the cards,they are written by someone else who most times fails to capture properly the way one may feels at the time.hey! dont say that i"m an old school. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Was Your Favorite Song And Movie Of 2022? / SEX STORY: How It All Started With My Step-sister / Teacher Dies Plucking Pear For Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.