Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video (12982 Views)

Lynxxx Ft Banky W Video "African Bad Girl" To Be BANNED By NBC / Photos From Banky W’s Video Shoot / Banky W- Video To Ebute Metta (umbrella Remix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by BankyW1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
" Imagine you are so in love with this person, and they are your everything, but for whatever reason, they don't believe it, or maybe they just can't handle that much love and so you say to them, "You're the only one for me, why can't you see? I knew it from the start… DON'T BREAK what's left of MY HEART" - As reviewed by Tosyn Bucknor. The song was Written and performed by Banky W., the video was directed Jonathan "Josh" Clarke of Re:public Media Group and features the stunning Rachel Stuart of Channel O. Enjoy the love story, please click the link below to view,  and leave your comments.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNdaNxNGOw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNdaNxNGOw
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by enque(f): 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2008
hmm!!!, i'll check it out soon. really love dat track
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by kaypumpin2(m): 2:53pm On Aug 29, 2008
OMG! arguably the best song on banky's album.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by spikedcylinder: 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2008
Original Poster= The singer? No?
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by enque(f): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2008
spikedcylinder:

Original Poster= The singer? No?

i think so! peeped into his posts, d explanation to d EBUTTE METTA post? very thorough!!!
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Riskie(f): 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2008
Love the song!!! kiss The video's nice as well.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Ezinwannem: 4:14pm On Aug 29, 2008
I really like the song. Banky, you're really trying ooooooo, keep up da good work. Are we seeing u at this years Naija Independence Day Celebration @TDOT?
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by chioya(f): 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2008
dat head no b here oh
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by winch(m): 7:27pm On Aug 29, 2008
banky,
ur game is tite
keep up da good work
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 29, 2008
Banky W is on fire. Awesome voice, good lyrics, appropriate amount of body movement, hot videos, everything! He's one of the baddest guys in Nigeria.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
The guy is pretty good, had some of his songs on my Ipod until they were wiped off by accident. I like him for the fact that his music seems to be unique for a Nigerian and his voice is damn good.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by tommyex(m): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2008
I hope i wont hurt anyone, but that video looks like the video of the year already.
The story is one of the best i have seen from a nigerian 4 a while(its not like 9jan artists write stories anyway.)
I never saw the dude as a good artist before that song but man! thats surely from the top drawer.
Kudos to the guy n his producer
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by cabali(m): 11:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
I am devote fan of banky. I have bought 2 copies of the CD for friends and I have one i was given to me by my brother.

I love the remix of capable. that song destroys me. when I listen to the CD on my car stereo i always repeat track 6 (capable by EM easy - I think - and ID cabasa).

The album asks some of our artists what the hell they do when they go to the studio. And now this track and the video - awesome. the heart is broken to some degree and he begs that the remaining should not be broken too - good statement, great artist and lovely story on the video.

i love the the last track too. I repeat that one as well. I hope he got a true percentage of my little investment on his CDs I bought.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by cabali(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2008
Plus I have not seen an african do it like this wink
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 29, 2008
yeah , only girls like this kinda crap song! whateva, the dude is a freakin tool! "Dont break whats left of my Heart??", Negro pleeaaaaasssseeeeee!
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2008
@ Plus I have not seen an african do it like this Wink!!

Dude, u are a gay!
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 11:32pm On Aug 29, 2008
the song is great, but to be honest someone shld plsssssss come out with some lyrics that are not just about dopey boy-girl nollywood love. ejoo pls.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by davidif: 12:07am On Aug 30, 2008
what's with all this fruity, sappy, and corny songs filling the airwaves about some wussies who are crying about some girl that left them. Nonsense, why can't they be creative? are there no bigger or more creative stories to sing on that is going on in naija? Also, what is the akata girl doing in the video? i guess its just to give it a "janded" feel to it. Everything we must copy, absolute rubbish. By the way, what's the meaning of "Banky W."

I saw a Talib Kweli video the other day called "hostile gospel", one of the best videos i've ever seen. It was shot entirely in the "city of excellence" that right there is what you call creativity and not this junk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOqf6wxLcnU&feature=user
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 30, 2008
Men,  the guy is good oo ,  I jst bought is album! its cool! I'm listening to Remix CapablE!!! DA VIDEO is tap thou! and the Dance I love it!!!! AFRICAN BEAUTY!!!!!!! I GBADUN THE WAY You MOVE IT!!! IKEBE NLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! IJO BANKY W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    grin
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by eldee(m): 12:54am On Aug 30, 2008
@davidif
It's obvious that we're not going to get any sensible thought from you this night
First of all . . . the storyline of the song
What's wrong with a musician choosing his story?? Usher does it, it's cool . . . Sumone else does it, fire and brimstone
If you need to hear all the other themes . . . get the flipping album . . . cheapskate

And bout the American chic in the video . . . what's wrong with it??
If you're going to badmouth sumn at least be sensible with it

You gave an example of Hostile Gospel . . . Is Talib Kweli a Lagosian??
If creativity is about shooting a video in his state of origin would he have come to shoot it in Lagos?
Or would Snoop have gone to Brazil to shoot a video??
Dude . . . as I said before, if you want to criticize, be intelligent bout it
Don't just come here spewing drivel to sound intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by davidif: 2:07am On Aug 30, 2008
@eldee
I just don't like wannabe's, i'm simply talking about being original and not copying everything usher or Justin timberlake does, afterall, you don't see them immitating there culture meanwhile we do whatever it takes to immitate theres even if it means stealing from your friends or loved ones just to even buy the outfit they wear on TV. To be honest with you, there is no difference between his video and a yanki video, but unfortunately, naija people can't see that.

Another point that i'm trying to drive across is that because of our unique enviroment that is different from the western world we can be more creative in song writing and making music video. Whatever happened to making funny videos like Trybesmen's "plenty nonsense" (was that the title?) video or just something that didn't have a guy behaving like a wussy because of a girl? This is another reason why R&B artists are not as well respected here in yanki, even amongst females because they are seen as too soft (some do). If you go to the clubs and a rapper like fiddy or TI is around more girls would flock to him than Akon, usher, or T-pain. Only R-kelly has the same star power as the Jay-Z's and "the games" or this world.
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by AfrknKngs(m): 2:42am On Aug 30, 2008
davidif:

@eldee
I just don't like wannabe's, i'm simply talking about being original and not copying everything usher or Justin timberlake does, afterall, you don't see them immitating there culture meanwhile we do whatever it takes to immitate theres even if it means stealing from your friends or loved ones just to even buy the outfit they wear on TV. To be honest with you, there is no difference between his video and a yanki video, but unfortunately, naija people can't see that.

Another point that i'm trying to drive across is that because of our unique enviroment that is different from the western world we can be more creative in song writing and making music video. Whatever happened to making funny videos like Trybesmen's "plenty nonsense" (was that the title?) video or just something that didn't have a guy behaving like a wussy because of a girl? This is another reason why R&B artists are not as well respected here in yanki, even amongst females because they are seen as too soft (some do). If you go to the clubs and a rapper like fiddy or TI is around more girls would flock to him than Akon, usher, or T-pain. Only R-kelly has the same star power as the Jay-Z's and "the games" or this world.

Yes! He should instead come out with some wakk ass video quality so we can truely say thats a typical Nigerian Music Video!! Shebi?? Man, Did u see da quality of that VIDEO? Why do we have nothing but Morons on Nairaland?? Cant Stand this shit anymore!!! Look @ who you're comparing Banky to, What is wrong with some of these Nigerians, Instead of helping hands and being proud of how far our Nigerian artists have come in the music industry, we go deh complain, saying itz to yankee, itz not good quality, da babe is yankee babe, da babe wowo, this, that, nothing is just right!!! Man Big ups to Banky W. for showing us Naija got skills in da music bizz!!!

~We Are AKS~

Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by owolomo(m): 4:30am On Aug 30, 2008
@ davidif

bros u neeed to direct wat u are saying to SAUCE KID, NOT BANKY ABEG, THAT BANKY GUY CORRECT,
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by TOYOSI20(f): 5:20am On Aug 30, 2008
Nice song, I really, like his voice,. . . . . . . smiley
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by cabali(m): 9:14am On Aug 30, 2008
@ Davidif and afrknkngs

A lot of people on nairaland should be completely ignored; a typical, davidif. The more they talk, u get this whiff of shallowness and dumbness breeze by. It is important to ignore guys like this as self protection from 'associated mental regression' Engineered - thats another retard. whatever clowns like these post, just ignore it.

They have not even listen to the CD and the guy is capped base on one song out of 12!

How many videos from the US have we seen with ugly girls as lead and fools like that would take that cos it aint nigerian. The boy Banky is talanted and there is no post on this thread or the whole of the land with the content capacity to dilute that, no matter how strong driven or emotional it is. All they can do is hate. That in a lot of cases make the subject stronger.

Plus artists actually represent their country. So, he is probably a better ambassador of nigeria then they probably are

Everyone must know their niche and it doesnt have to be what another person prefers. The guy is established is focussed on his career and if some slowpoke dosent like it, That will barely affect him, trust me.

Ignore is the right action. it is happening on other threads and that can be done here.

Thats how we can sanitize nairaland and make it a better place
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by bunmii(f): 9:22am On Aug 30, 2008
i love the song, keep it up!!!!
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by bunmii(f): 9:24am On Aug 30, 2008
engineerd:

@ Plus I have not seen an african do it like this Wink!!

Dude, u are a gay!

was that really needed?
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by cabali(m): 9:26am On Aug 30, 2008
meanwhile the girl he is calling an akata is actually south african. Just know that it is a waste, these guys.
owolomo:

@ davidif

bros u neeed to direct what u are saying to SAUCE KID, NOT BANKY ABEG, THAT BANKY GUY CORRECT,

I second that completely.

calling 'plenty nonsense' for comparison. So the guy likes the quality of that video right. calling creative like he knows a bit of it.

But his is even better than the engineered slowpoke who had nothing to say.
It is easy to display your IQ level just from your reasoning put on paper and reading his, need I say more??
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by tosinadeda: 10:15am On Aug 30, 2008
Some peeps needs 2 be told d meaning of
R&B!
There is jst one way it is done,and banky jst did that! So wen peeps say he copying foreign stuff,i wonder how intelligent such peeps are!
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by AfrknKngs(m): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2008
tosinadeda:

Some peeps needs 2 be told d meaning of
R&B!
There is jst one way it is done,and banky jst did that! So when peeps say he copying foreign stuff,i wonder how intelligent such peeps are!

Surprisingly, I agree with you! This is R&B and BANKY brings R&B to Naija Music Industry!!! Simple as that!

~We Are AKS~

Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by nana(f): 2:11pm On Aug 30, 2008
To Davidif and people that think like him:

Illiteracy is a disease for those that don't like the type of songs Banky sings! Dayuum,Appreciate instead of hating. His songs are the type needed to listen to after having a long day at work,school et al.
Aren't u just tired of listening to songs that would give u headache?

Moreover,this brother aint ashamed of his talent,that's why he's been recognised. Wetin be una talent?
Re: Don't Break What's Left Of My Heart: New Banky W Video by GreatGds: 3:15pm On Aug 30, 2008
i like that track it's very good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Desperate Chicks- Naija's Destiny's Child? / Phyno – If To Say (audio) / Kiss Daniel – No Do (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.