Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Nigeria Is Dead? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Dead? (1404 Views)

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Hakila Yerima Is Dead (SDP Governorship Candidate In Adamawa) / Why Nigeria Is Underdeveloped. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Dead? by dosbel(m): 3:40pm On Aug 30, 2008
The mindset of the present generation of youths leaves less to be desired of the future of the country.
the computer age has been replaced as yahoo age in Nigeria and in present times
when magas are not forthcoming, focus has been shifted to yahoo plus.
Present leaders of the country have done nothing to encourage the Nigerian youth.
All sectors in the country are dwindling in an environment that does not support creativity.
for us to meet goal 2020, there has to be a total resuscitation of the educational sector.
we have to raise academic role models that will provoke academic intelligence.
the first solution is to accept the fact that NIGERIA IS DEAD AND IT NEEDS A REBIRTH.
Focus should therefore be shifted to the children whose minds are not yet polluted.
The kids need a firm moral center, the kind of anchoring that helps them pick appropriate friends,
make right decisions and view others emphatically. parents should set this limits for their children
because failure to set this limits may have disastrous effects. this however does not mean parents should be
strict. if taken too far, setting of rigid rules will make the home an harsh atmosphere.
With good children we will have responsible youths who will grow into discipline leaders who will give birth to a new Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 31, 2008
including you
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by RibaduFan(m): 2:52pm On Aug 31, 2008
@topic

Have u ever heard of the word 'positiove confession'. U need more of that. And by the way what specifically are you doing to help remedy this precarious situation our beloved country has found itself.

Secondly, though it might not look like it at the moment, my generation is the one that would actually correct things in this country. I ve got one life, just one chance of living on this planet earth, cant afford to have counted as being wasted.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by dosbel(m): 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
olrotimi, yemmysee
The first step to addressing a problem is recognizing the problem.
If we continue to hide our problems in an expectation of a divine intervention,
then we are killing Nigeria the second time. what can and are you doing for the rebirth?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by Epiphany(m): 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2008
dosbel:

olrotimi, yemmysee
then we are killing Nigeria the second time. what can and are you doing for the rebirth?

I feel you jare. We are indeed in a troubled spot and are not doing anything to rectify that. Your synopsis is spot on. There is one question though, how possible will it be to focus on kids whose minds are not yet polluted? There is no way they will not interact with the environment, thereby avoiding the possibility of being polluted themselves. I mean, parents, the teachers, friends etc will definately rub off on them? Whaddya think?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by MrCrackles(m): 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
when naija die?

me i no hear the news oooo! grin
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by abdurrazaq(m): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2008
NO!!! Nigeria is not yet dead She is just gradually dying sad Only few of the current generation (which I'm included) has a right mindset, which means, to neglect these polluted generation will not be ultimate solution to heal the dying nation. We, the wasted, are brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, fathers, mothers, etc to all the supposedly unpolluted young ones therefore, how are we going to groom these kids for a better Nigeria without polluting them?

My suggestion is that we need zero tolerance to any form of corruption in this country to start with if we really need to progess in a positive direction
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by birdman(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
dosbel:

olrotimi, yemmysee

it looks like you are stuck at the first step and dont want to move to to the next step, I guess it is easier to complain than to address the problem

Thanks for that post, yemmyse smiley
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by Cayon(f): 8:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
@poster:

You make sense. Any plans/idea on how to rebirth Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by seeu(m): 6:15am On Sep 02, 2008
There is still hope for Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by vicero(m): 10:15am On Sep 02, 2008
@poster,
good post, good observation, but first, let's believe Nigeria is not dead, the bible says we should pray for our Jerusalem and the power of life and death lies in the tongue, therefore, i say Nigeria is not dead, we are only passing through our own wilderness, but its time to get out from there, rise shine and declare Gods glory to the world. So Poster, whats your suggestion or the road map to this new rebirth, because we truly need a rebirth and it's in the hands of the present generation which our generation to make that change. please enlighten us, i am seriously intrested in been a part of the revolution of this country. Enough is Enough,
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by abdurrazaq(m): 10:19am On Sep 02, 2008
Move away from all corrupt ACTS and don't hesitate to report any corrupt activities you have proof of. Don't be discouraged by the attitude of the people in the authority, your little contribution will go a long way in bringing the dream of rebirth to reality cool
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by favcom(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2008
Eh, Nigeria is dead?
Who kill am?
Anyway, RIP
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by SegzyJoe(m): 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2008
@post,
Good and insightful post, used to think am alone on this, but thank God there re other like minded Nigerians. But after all our concerns, the main question is how can we make a difference in all of these moral dilema plaqueing Nigeria?

I am of the opinion that each and everyone of us can start by reaching out to somebody close to us, we can become a model of exceptional character and mentor young people positively. Every great thing starts small, but with passion and commitment it can go a long way to affect lives positively.

The problem of Nigeria today is that we don't have role model again, young people are growing up with any role model in our national life, youths today  chooses hollywood or grammy award winneras the role model. this is a national disaster.

By His grace I have started an initiative to help young peaple and I believe all of us can do something so that we young people of today will not become another wasted generation. "GO START SOMETHING"
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by blackspade(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2008
No, you are dead. Nigeria is already going through re-birth economic-wise, and I don't need to be there to realize that. Maybe not all states have felt the wealth yet, but certainly Lagos and Abuja and Port Harcourt are all basically getting a rebirth! All the roads that are being paved, and all the new buildings, and new classrooms too. If you don't beleive me I'll gladly post pictures and links.

We also have almost 2 million barrels of oil being pumped a day, with new money flowing in daily. I can agree that we still have a problem with corruption, but we are starting to slowly get better. The rebels in Rivers kind of knocked us down to the No. 2 spot in top oil producers in Africa, because Angola passed us in terms of oil, but next year, we should be pumping out 3 million barrels a day.

I can agree that some of our newer generations are have some problems, but nowhere near dying! cool
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by ssRhino: 4:36pm On Sep 02, 2008
when is the burial and what kinda flower does she like, so i cld know what to put on her tomb stone.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by CyberG: 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2008
Oh boy, na wah o, when this one happen?? shocked. I never see the obituary sha o.

God dey, when and where is the burial ceremony? Amala and Iyan go dey plenty-plenty so??  grin grin grin

LOL grin
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by ayomifull(f): 5:39pm On Sep 04, 2008
No Nigeria is not dead, its on life support machine Almighty God and our collective efforts will heal her.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by gorociano: 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2008
I believe 9ja is dead and i'm just abiut checking out of it, to benin republic or some other african country where i believe they deserve the brains of intellectuals they get unlike 9ja which conspires to rule by naira istead of by mind,
, the mind is a terrible this to waste but 9ja doesnt need mine so, sai gobe
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by coolier(f): 4:03pm On Sep 06, 2008
Would this be 'after a brief illness'?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 06, 2008
Does 47 years sound brief to you? Oya, answer quick. angry
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by coolier(f): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2008
@ nuzo

Are you my 'running mate'? Everywhere I go you follow, wetin?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by dosbel(m): 11:45am On Jul 12, 2010
Back in the house. The rebirth has is here, it is us and it is now.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by cre8tivity(f): 12:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
@topic
what else is new?
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by kokooro(m): 12:47pm On Jul 12, 2010
Pessimists will never do anything except complain. At one time or another we all have contributed to this mess and until we realize that if this country is gonna change for trhe better, it must begin with me and not the next person.
Re: Nigeria Is Dead? by dosbel(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2010
I am not complaining. I watched in utter awe as things went bad to worse to worst but with the emergence
of Goodluck Jonathan, things are gradually taking shape.

(1) (Reply)

Meltdown Depletes Govts' Monthly Allocations / Dele Momodu; Please Up Your Game: Your Sh*t Is Weak! / Why Did The Biafran Commander Surrendered To Obasanjo And Not Muritala?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.