Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! (2273 Views)

Veet Gold Lightening Lotion With Spf 15 / Body Cream With Spf Or Uv / Please Tell Me Your Experience With Chemical Skin Peels For Acne Removing! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! by ajilete(f): 10:53am On Aug 31, 2008
i juat wanted to say a few things about chemical face peels. i have had a few as i had lots of acne scars on my face. it is imperitive to remind ladies that if you have a face peel you MUST, MUST use a SPF to protect your skin. |Ideally nothing less than 25 will do. i had a peel in london where the weather is not hot, no sunshine. it was wonderful in that when the dead skin peeled off you could see the new fresh skin. because i have oily skin i found the spf cream too thick and greasy and didnt use it as often as i should have. the result was darkend skin that i have only gotten rid of about 6 months later. we tend to think that as black skins we dont need spf because of the melanine which protects us from sun rays, which is true. however when you do a skin peel the skin naturally now produces more melanine, the skin pigmentation to protect the skin. it practically goes into overdrive especially in the sunlight. when you use an spf it calms the cells that produce melenine and you dont end up with skin that was ven darker than what you stated with. So beware!! now when i had a peel i used Clinique City Block SPF 40!No dark pigmentation at all. A word is enough for the wise o.
Re: A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! by nila07: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2008
thanks for the tip.
Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with Helioplex SPF 45 works really well.
Re: A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! by kadman(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2008
Hi ajilete

Did you do you peel in Lagos ? Where can I get it done,and how much. Thanks.
Re: A Caution About Chemical Skin Peels: Spf! by ajilete(f): 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2008
No i have never had one done i n Nigeria. My advice is to be very careful when deciding to have oine done and use a reputable establishment. I beleieve Priscillas bride in 82, Allen Avenue ikeja does a green peel but i dont know how much it costs. i think there are a few places especially on the island(victoria) thast do peels. if you are really interested you might be better off going there to have a look and make sure you gat all the relevant info, like what chemicals etc that they use and what to expect. a good salon should willing to give you all the information you need as well maybe speak to clients that have had it done. Be aware that peels are not fr the faint hearted as you may have to stay in doors for up to a week while your skin peels. but if its done properly the results are unbeleivable. But please remember your SPF!!Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Guys: Can You Do This Funny Hair Cut On Ɣ☺ΰя Head? / 25 Gorgeous Ways To Style Denim Wears / Download Easy Tutorial | How To Tie Your Own Aso-oke (gele) The Nigerian Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.