Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,289 members, 7,780,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:51 PM

Rape Isn't Always Criminal - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Isn't Always Criminal (8963 Views)

Yinka Mafe With 15 Criminal Cases — Police. Who Is Using Him? / Graduate Posts Girl’s Nude Pictures Online, Teenager Alleges Rape (pictured) / Robbers In Abuja Shoot Widow In The Mouth For Resisting Rape [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2008
Helen Mirren - Rape Isn't Always Criminal
This will raise some eyebrows. Helen Mirren says she's been the victim of date-rape before, but if a woman says no at the last second, don't go whining your way into court.

CNN.com got a copy of a GQ story that's about to be published, in which Mirren calls date-rape a "tricky area," something best worked out between the parties.

Mirren says if a couple is heavy into sexual activity and the woman says "no" at the last second, technically it's rape, but, "I don't think she can have that man into court under those circumstances. I guess it is one of the subtle parts of the men/women relationship that has to be negotiated and worked out between them."

http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/01/helen-mirren-rape-isnt-always-criminal/

In case you don't know who she is, Helen Mirren is a 63 years old  British Actress, who recently received rave reviews for portraying Queen Elizabeth II in the Movie The Queen. She's also recognized for her outspokeness on women's rights.

Question - Given that She was once a victim of rape, do you think she is right in her assertion that RAPE ISN'T ALWAYS CRIMINAL?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 01, 2008
Rape is always criminal
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tammyswits(f): 7:39pm On Sep 01, 2008
Al ask ma learned buddies!
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tpia: 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2008
the burden of proof is on the defendant.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:42pm On Sep 01, 2008
ibkaye:

Rape is always criminal

But here is a woman who has been through it, saying it isn't always criminal. Surely, her experience makes her in a better position to talk.

Ya ya dai? You've been awol for a while now. I hope everything is good with you
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tope2000(f): 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
she must have enjoyed it then
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:43pm On Sep 01, 2008
tpia:

the burden of proof is on the defendant.

Please explain.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
tope2000:

she must have enjoyed it then

LMAO! Yeparipa! You have killed me with laugh. I don't think it is that she enjoyed it, she is just saying sometimes rape victims aren't completely innocent. I think she just accepts that she had some fault in the whole thing.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2008
My gosh

*whispering to her pillow* Where does Siskill get this kinda topics from? shocked

Sisikill:

Please explain.
I think she means the evidence such as bruises, broken nails etc.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sisikill:

But here is a woman who has been through it, saying it isn't always criminal. Surely, her experience makes her in a better position to talk.

Ya ya dai? You've been awol for a while now. I hope everything is good with you
Hehehe, maybe it isn't criminal to her which is strange, but to me, no matter the case, date rape, stranger rape etc, it is always criminal grin

lafiya lau na gode, yaya dai? grin Ahh, just been preparing for school and all, holiday is almost over smiley
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by RibaduFan(m): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
Rape under whatever disguise or condition is criminal and should be treated as such.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by onyinye2(f): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
Rape is ALWAYS criminal. But doesn't mean a person will get convicted for it.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tammyswits(f): 7:48pm On Sep 01, 2008
Its not rape if it aint criminal, coz rape is forced sex, even if she changes her mind at th last minute, after turning him on and he forces her way in its still criminal!
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by StephenP(m): 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2008
She said no at the last second? LOL I can imagine, they're doing the thing and he's about to cum and she says "No." hahaha I'm just playing.

@topic, I guess it isn't always criminal.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 01, 2008
StephenP:

She said no at the last second? LOL I can imagine, they're doing the thing and he's about to come and she says "No." hahaha I'm just playing.
rotflmao!

Happy Birthday month,buddy *punches him on his shoulder*

[size=5pt]But Pisces rock!![/size]
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
In a way, she is calling for women to be more assertive about what they went.

Yes, No, Yes, No, Maybe, I, don't know  What is that for?

If you know you are not ready for sex, be firm right from jump. Don't lead the guy on and when you are one clothing away from being nekkid, you say no, then cry foul when he doesn't stop.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by janami(f): 7:51pm On Sep 01, 2008
rape is criminal, but leading a man on, d woman is an accomplice to d crime
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by tope2000(f): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2008
StephenP:

She said no at the last second? LOL I can imagine, they're doing the thing and he's about to come and she says "No." hahaha I'm just playing.

grin grin grin
take ur mind out of the gutter n focus babe tongue
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Baxilexi(m): 7:53pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

My gosh

*whispering to her pillow* Where does Siskill get this kind of topics from? shocked

pillow is that the guys name

@topic, i go with the majority
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 7:55pm On Sep 01, 2008
If a woman agrees to sex and midstream she decides she doesn't want it anymore and the man refuses to withdraw his bulala, in my books it's not rape.
What does she expect ?
Is the man an inanimate object?
It's rape when it's forced from the get go,but if she says no and he pleads and she agrees and while he's in she decides she doesn't want it anymore, let her deal with it.
That's the prize of fornication lipsrsealed
She should just give him a couple of seconds and the whole thing will be over.

Next time she should know not to go with a man willingly into a room with the door locked, onto a bed with the intent of sex.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Riskie(f): 7:56pm On Sep 01, 2008
Precisely!
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 01, 2008
Baxilexi:

pillow is that the guys name
yes
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 7:58pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

My gosh

*whispering to her pillow* Where does Siskill get this kind of topics from? shocked

I thought that might be it but she said defendant. . . who in this case will be the rapist. So how will the burden of proof be on him?

Hehehe, you don't wanna know oh. Save yourself, I'm already a lost cause.

ibkaye:

Hehehe, maybe it isn't criminal to her which is strange, but to me, no matter the case, date rape, stranger rape etc, it is always criminal grin

lafiya lau na gode, yaya dai? grin Ahh, just been preparing for school and all, holiday is almost over smiley

Awww, you are going back to school soon? Does this mean you'll even be [i]scarcer [/i]around here?  cry
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Baxilexi(m): 7:59pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

yes

ahh it is worse than i tot, what if you get raped. cheesy
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2008
Queenisha:

If a woman agrees to sex and midstream she decides she doesn't want it anymore and the man refuses to withdraw his bulala, in my books it's not rape.
What does she expect ?
Is the man an inanimate object?
It's rape when it's forced from the get go,but if she says no and he pleads and she agrees and while he's in she decides she doesn't want it anymore, let her deal with it.
That's the prize of fornication lipsrsealed
She should just give him a couple of seconds and the whole thing will be over.

Next time she should know not to go with a man willingly into a room with the door locked, onto a bed with the intent of sex.

EXACTEMUNDO!!! This is what she saying! Sometimes I feel sorry for guys, you know they can't turn it off and on like women can.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ok guys, maybe during the sex, she realized that his koboko was too big and she didn't want anymore. eh.

He was bruising her from the inside

Baxilexi:

ahh it is worse than i tot, what if you get raped. cheesy
How can I?
When I know the kinda man am getting into a bedroom with?
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

Ok guys, maybe during the sex, she realized that his koboko was too big and she didn't want anymore. eh.

He was bruising her from the inside
How can I?
When I know the kind of man am getting into a bedroom with?

Then let her inspect his koboko before making a decision
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Sisikill: 8:04pm On Sep 01, 2008
The word NO in itself is not should not be used to judge a rape situation in some cases. It's sad how many men have their names on the sex offender's list because of situations like this and once someone's name is there, there is not erasing it.

And guys should also know the kind girls they are dealing with. Not everyone who comes batting their eyelashes at you is inviting you to come sex 'em up.
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sisikill:

Awww, you are going back to school soon? Does this mean you'll even be [i]scarcer [/i]around here?  cry
awww, please don't cry ehn, i wills till be on, only not as much  kiss kiss
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Baxilexi(m): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
why don't peep bother themselves about male molestation?

@ruby, then a rule should be a Hot womans best friend.

you havent heard of wolf in pillow clothings smiley
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by janami(f): 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

How can I?
When I know the kind of man am getting into a bedroom with?
Neva under estimate a man in a bedroom, if the thing too much, no telling what he can do
Re: Rape Isn't Always Criminal by Queenisha: 8:06pm On Sep 01, 2008
Sisikill:

The word NO in itself is not should not be used to judge a rape situation in some cases. It's sad how many men have their names on the sex offender's list because of situations like this and once someone's name is there, there is not erasing it.

And guys should also know the kind girls they are dealing with. Not everyone who comes batting their eyelashes at you is inviting you to come sex 'em up.

Nigerians girls usually say No when they actually mean "beg me alittle harder, I don't want to appear cheap"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nude Photos & Biography Of Woman Who Packed Ford & Jumped Down Mainland Bridge / Tiv/Jukun crisis: Five killed in Benue village - Daily Trust / Ondo: Three CAC Worshippers Missing As Kidnappers Demand ₦50M Ransom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.