Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,036 members, 7,799,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Hp Laptop Users - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Hp Laptop Users (3694 Views)

25 Best Mozilla Firefox Add On (laptop Users Click Here) / Lenovo Laptop Users / Lenovo Laptop Users, Let Us Relate ;) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hp Laptop Users by preshm15(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2008
If your are, HP user I would like to inform you that if your online frequently with your laptop and have automatic update running, be informed that with time you might start experiencing some problems
Symptoms
1 you system will not come on
2 it will boot to the end normaly but no display
3 you will experience BIOS like sound (beep) before it boots
This happened to me on Saturday 23/08/08. On informing my friend on the issues, he was already on it. My brother’s friend at enugu teaching hospital is passing through the same thing. If you have solution and useful information to help HP users using XP and VISTA please inform the house.
More so you can have a chat on line with the HP engineers. http://www.hp.com/support/chat have all you system basic details

N/B
HP is still by favorite laptop.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by preshm15(m): 8:46am On Sep 02, 2008
more so i use HP pavilion dv 6000
if your online with the HP engineers know your serial number, product number and product name etc. the problem stated most time leads to the changing of the board which will cost a lot if you have no warranty.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by playsafe: 11:21am On Sep 04, 2008
waoh,

Are you sure u have original copy operating system on your computer?

That issue should be from microsoft against piracy.

Be careful with the software u use when online.

adviceeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by akannitao(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2008
i av xperiened such before and rectified the problem without much stress. all u need 2 do is call my no for the solution: 08025755375. one of my secrets so i wont release it online. call if u need the solution.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by Bbeee: 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
hello guys, im a hp user, n thanks for the advice, but i would like to know where i can get the online manual for my system, i use a hp pavillion tx 2000
pls help
Re: Hp Laptop Users by preshm15(m): 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2008
click on the link below and see if that what your looking for www7.hp.com/hho/cache/572546-0-0-225-121.html">http://h71036.www7.hp.com/hho/cache/572546-0-0-225-121.html
from that page you can look for other information.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by ola4u: 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2008
I use HP Pavillion 6000. The problem I am going through now is that when I try to put it on, The light will come on briefly and shut down again. The Laptop will not even come up at all.

I bought the Laptop from Diamon bank i paid the last instalment in August. So it is not under warranty any more.

Please help.

ola4u
Re: Hp Laptop Users by flyuche(m): 10:20pm On Oct 22, 2008
all these wahala from hp?
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 4:47pm On Oct 23, 2008
I am reposting this from another thread in case anyone else is in the same situation :-

This sounds pretty familiar. As far as I recall HP created an advisory about a batch of laptops that were identified to have been manufactured with some power related defects. The full advisory is still available here :-

www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277">http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277

And here the symptoms relevant to the dv 6000 series :-

The following symptoms apply to the dv6000, dv9000 and v6000 series notebooks:

The notebook does not detect wireless networks and the wireless adapter is not detected in the Device Manager.
There is no video on the computer LCD panel or external monitor.
The notebook has no power and no active LEDs.
The notebook does not start.
The battery charge indicator light does not turn on when the battery is installed and the AC adapter is connected.
The notebook issues a single beep during boot indicating no power.
The external monitor functions but there is no image on the notebook LCD panel.

HPs remedy AFAIK is a 2 year extension to affected notebooks.

I would suggest that you read the limited warranty service enhancement advisory very carefully and then determine based on the symptoms you are experiencing and your laptop serial number if your laptop is elibigle for the 24 month extended warranty.

If your laptop is eligible and I think based on the description of your problem that it might be, then you may be in a position to claim the extended warranty.

All the best,

Brume

PS: it appears the advisory no longer shows the affected serial numbers, but i recall from an earlier post I made on this subject that for the 6000 series the affected serial numbers were :-

xxx625xxxx - xxx726xxxx

See my earlier post here :-

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-75892.64.html#msg1743777
Re: Hp Laptop Users by joshua1996: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2008
anybody to help me with my hp laptop i am using compaq nc6000 , when i turn it on it gives me i should get a genuine windows can any body help me with the software of the genuine microsoft windows , thanks
Re: Hp Laptop Users by ola4u: 5:46pm On Oct 28, 2008
What do I do.

I uninstall Avast Antivirus on my Laptop with Viesta O. S. and Install Panda Antivirus, shut down and the system reufse to come up.

Please help.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2008
I am sure there are a number of Vista Gurus in the house.

But you need to provide more granularity/specifics about the problem.

i.e.

[list]
[li]Does this laptop pass the power on self test.?[/li]

[li]Does it begin to attempt the Vista boot, [/li]

[li]What exactly (i.e. errors, etc. ) does the display screen show when you attempt to power up?[/li]

[/list]

etc.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by ola4u: 8:25am On Oct 29, 2008
Does this laptop pass the power on self test.?
Does it begin to attempt the Vista boot,
What exactly (i.e. errors, etc. ) does the display screen show when you attempt to power up?
Yes, It pass the power on self test
It attempt the vista boot

It will start the booting process, then the HDD light will go off and it will just remian there.

Can I use Recovery to bring it back to life because all attempt to bring the laptop proof abortive.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2008
ola4u:

Does this laptop pass the power on self test.?
Does it begin to attempt the Vista boot,
What exactly (i.e. errors, etc. ) does the display screen show when you attempt to power up?
Yes, It pass the power on self test
It attempt the vista boot

It will start the booting process, then the HDD light will go off and it will just remian there.

Can I use Recovery to bring it back to life because all attempt to bring the laptop proof abortive.

There you go. . .

Now lets hope there are some Windows Vista Gurus in the house to step to the plate now that you have provided more specifics. . .
Re: Hp Laptop Users by ola4u: 2:53pm On Nov 21, 2008
brume2020,

I want to use this precious medium to say a big thank you to you for the information given to me about my HP Pavillion Laptop.

I took it to Redginton, Afprint, Apapa Shodi Expressway, The Board has been replaced and I collected back today.

God bless you greatly. Amen.

ola4u
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 3:05pm On Nov 21, 2008
Ola4u,

Good Stuff. I am always glad to share my knowledge and um my ignorance - its the whole package you know - LOL.

Anyhow it is good to see that your problem was indeed resolved.

peace,

Brume
Re: Hp Laptop Users by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2008
Hi guys, I will be buying a laptop v soon. however, i've been wondering if i shld buy it from the US or here in naija.
if i buy a laptop in the US, will support be provided for the lappie by any registered HP outlet here in naija??
expecting your answers

cheers
Re: Hp Laptop Users by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:56am On Nov 22, 2008
no warranty if its from the us. there is warranty if you buy from naija.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 4:22am On Nov 22, 2008
petermania:

Hi guys, I will be buying a laptop v soon. however, i've been wondering if i shld buy it from the US or here in naija.
if i buy a laptop in the US, will support be provided for the lappie by any registered HP outlet here in naija??
expecting your answers

cheers

As long as you produce the original purchase receipt HP will honour the warranty in Nigeria even if you buy it form the US. The US warranty for pavillons will be honoured by reddington.

regards,

Brume
Re: Hp Laptop Users by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2008
@brume2020

Thanks m8. i really appreciate the info.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 8:52pm On Nov 23, 2008
petermania:

@brume2020

Thanks m8. i really appreciate the info.
My pleasure!.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by tpoint: 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hey Guys I need New HP 530 Battery: E-mail: innocent-iruka@in.com

mine stopped charging this morning.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2008
t.point:

Hey Guys I need New HP 530 Battery: E-mail: innocent-iruka@in.com

mine stopped charging this morning.

What is the part number of your battery?.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by tpoint: 6:39pm On Nov 25, 2008
IMGD: 440564.003

DO HAVE IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO GET A NEW ONE?
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2008
t.point:

IMGD: 440564.003

DO HAVE IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO GET A NEW ONE?
I will check and holler back.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2008
Er,

That number didnt turn up any results.

I am not sure that is the right part number for your battery.

it should be something like

PN:XXXXXXXX

Please check again and get back.

peace,

Brume
Re: Hp Laptop Users by tpoint: 7:10pm On Nov 25, 2008
CT:6407202BJUF3WL, SP-440704-001 BATT date code.7j0744
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 6:53am On Nov 26, 2008
Good Stuff.

Seems like you hit pay dirt on that part number.

Here is your part and its price :-

www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.asp?cc=US&SearchInc=PartNumber&lang=EN&jumpid=hpr_R1002_USEN&SearchCriteria=440704-001">http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.asp?cc=US&SearchInc=PartNumber&lang=EN&jumpid=hpr_R1002_USEN&SearchCriteria=440704-001

The price for the original battery with part number 440704-001 from HP is approx $138.65 after tax + US $11.25 shipping or approx $150. Shipping to Lagos will likely cost another $50 i.e. $200 total.

peace

Brume
Re: Hp Laptop Users by preshm15(m): 10:56pm On Feb 14, 2009
I took it to Redginton, Afprint, Apapa Shodi Expressway, The Board has been replaced and I collected back today.

ola4u, please how much did it cost you to change and what did they say was the course of the problem so we to can be careful
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 11:06pm On Feb 14, 2009
preshm15:

ola4u, please how much did it cost you to change and what did they say was the course of the problem so we to can be careful
Excellent!.
Re: Hp Laptop Users by brume2020: 11:09pm On Feb 14, 2009
Oops. looks like you were simply asking Ola4U for more information.

Please scratch my last comment. grin
Re: Hp Laptop Users by proxies(m): 12:05am On Feb 16, 2009
hello, I'm using an hp nx6110,

my probs are it giving me a power surge on hub which causes my laptop to hang and also, i receive a blue screen error regularly, any help pls?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kali Linux : Anyone? / Ubuntu Nigeria / How To Cut Your Sim Card To Any Size Of Your Choice By Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.