Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,760 members, 7,798,542 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life (1251 Views)

It's A Sin?for A Pastors Or Alfas To Be Talking To Someone In This Way? / Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / Will A Born Again Christian Commit Adultery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by iceland(m): 9:29am On Sep 02, 2008
This is a true life story,
      It happened In about 8 years ago,year 2000 to be precised.There was this plane crash if you can remember.It was coming from kaduna to Lagos.Among the passengers were top officials of wonder foods Nig Ltd the maker of COWBELL MILK (Now PROMASSIDOR PLC).They went for a conference IN kADUNA.All the passengers in the flight died including some of  the top officials of the above named company except one manager(name witheld&post witheld)he is also a pastor a branch of a big church in lagos.He did not go with the plane because he decided to go to abuja by road to commit adultery(ARISTO LEVELS) and then take the next available flight to lagos.He proposed this to his colleague(he too was a pastor) but that one declined(despite they were birds of the same feather) went with the plane and he died in the crash too.What shall we then say?If his friend had gone with him,
Adultery sometimes is good?
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by MissyB1(m): 1:38pm On Sep 02, 2008
Nothing is good abt adultery.
Adultery didn't save him.There is a purpose why he missed his flight
and if its true,surely he will receive his punishment for the sin.Be it
now or later.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by naomijt(f): 2:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
Missy B:

Nothing is good about adultery.
now or later.

U couldn't have said it better.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by tpia: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2008
He needs to resign as a pastor. Its not by force.

Instead of celebrating his waywardness he should see it as an opportunity to straighten himself out. Maybe he was spared death for this reason.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by MrCrackles(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
Missy B:

Nothing is good about adultery.
now or later.

gba ooo! grin
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by KunleOshob(m): 4:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
I don't even believe the poster, it doesn't sound true There was no plane that crashed around that period that was being flown from kaduna to Lagos. Besides how did the poster get to know? Was it the pastor that went to testify his life was saved because of adultery and to what purpose and intent would he do that?
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by Pepeye(f): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2008
Its humanly impossible
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by iceland(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2008
KunleOshob:

I don't even believe the poster, it doesn't sound true There was no plane that crashed around that period that was being flown from kaduna to Lagos. Besides how did the poster get to know? Was it the pastor that went to testify his life was saved because of adultery and to what purpose and intent would he do that?
What do you believe in NAIRALAND?I was doing my I.T training in WONDERFOODS at that time.The man's personal assistant told me about it all.And please check very well for plane crash at that time. I will get the exact date and the paper that carried the story very soon.Am not a dummy!am not looking for recognition!

Pepeye:

Its humanly impossible
Nothing is impossible my dear.This one happened and it is true life story
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by KunleOshob(m): 10:11am On Sep 03, 2008
@iceland
okay i would await your additional info,but even then that doesn't mean it is true. His P.A that told you was he privy to his pastor's exploits? Mind you i am not trying to say pastors don't commit adultery, it is just that something sounds very wrong about the tone of your post. it sounds as if your are actually trying to promote adultery
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by grandjedi(m): 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2008
@ Poster,
That is a very wrong assumption. See what the Word says :

Prov 6:32 - But whoso committeth adultery with a woman lacketh understanding: he that doeth it destroyeth his own soul.

Also check out this passage.

Ecc 8:11-13 ; Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the hearts of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
   Though a sinner does evil a hundred times, and his days be made longer, yet surely I know that it shall be well with those who fear God, who fear before Him.
   But it shall not be well with the wicked, nor shall he make his days longer like a shadow; because he does not fear before God.

I sincerely hope the guy has turned a new leaf (ie repented). Maybe that was the reason the merciful God spared him.

@KunleOshob,
   How r u?
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by iceland(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2008
KunleOshob:

@iceland
okay i would await your additional info,but even then that doesn't mean it is true. His P.A that told you was he privy to his pastor's exploits? Mind you i am not trying to say pastors don't commit adultery, it is just that something sounds very wrong about the tone of your post. it sounds as if your are actually trying to promote adultery
You got it wrong!Am a good christain and I will never promote adultery.what I was really asking is this.Sin a times might turn out to save us from a grave danger.If the pastor had died in the plane crash he might be burning in hell right now.Who knows by now may be has repented.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by wakagirl: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2008
iceland:

It happened In about 8 years ago,year 2000 to be precised.There was this plane crash if you can remember.It was coming from kaduna to Lagos.Among the passengers were top officials of wonder foods Nig Ltd the maker of COWBELL MILK (Now PROMASSIDOR PLC).They went for a conference IN kADUNA.All the passengers in the flight died including some of  the top officials of the above named company except one manager(name witheld&post witheld)he is also a pastor a branch of a big church in lagos.He did not go with the plane because he decided to go to abuja by road to commit adultery(ARISTO LEVELS) and then take the next available flight to lagos.He proposed this to his colleague(he too was a pastor) but that one declined(despite they were birds of the same feather) went with the plane and he died in the crash too.What shall we then say?If his friend had gone with him,
Adultery sometimes is good?[color=#006600][/color]

No adultry is never good but might be neccessary at times. Like i would likely have been an illiterate, might have ended up married to an illiterate and would likely have been wallowing in abject poverty. Well, nothing can make adultry/furnication right anyway but pray you are not pushed to the wall. May God forgive me us all
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by KunleOshob(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2008
wakagirl:

Like i would likely have been an illiterate, might have ended up married to an illiterate and would likely have been wallowing in abject poverty.

Wakawaka girl are you also benefitting from adultery? grin to much waka waka no good o wink
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by MrCrackles(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2008
Pepeye:

Its humanly impossible

with God, everything is possible! grin
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by tpia: 12:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
iceland:

You got it wrong!Am a good christain and I will never promote adultery.what I was really asking is this.Sin a times might turn out to save us from a grave danger.If the pastor had died in the plane crash he might be burning in hell right now.Who knows by now may be has repented.

what if the pastor had missed his flight because he wanted to murder someone.

would you still be glorifying his actions in this manner.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by wakagirl: 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2008
KunleOshob:

Wakawaka girl are you also benefitting from adultery? grin to much waka waka no good o wink

Not benefitting but benefited but behold old things are passed away all things are become new.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by KunleOshob(m): 1:22pm On Sep 05, 2008
wakagirl:

Not benefitting but benefited but behold old things are passed away all things are become new.

well if you became literate beocs of adultery, it means you are still benefitting from the adultery (even if it was in the past) at least the education did not leave you after the adultery ended. Maybe you want to share your experience with us, i am all ears wink
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by wakagirl: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
KunleOshob:

well if you became literate beocs of adultery, it means you are still benefitting from the adultery (even if it was in the past) at least the education did not leave you after the adultery ended. Maybe you want to share your experience with us, i am all ears wink

HUMMMMM thank God you are not God whatever happens to forgiveness.
If you want to gbeborun about me i'll let u into it briefly. I finished secondary school through hardship of the highest order so going further was practically impossible because there wasnt even money to buy jamb form. Being a church girl from youth i sought help from a number of my spiritual fathers inc my pastor (of a pentecostal church), my sunday school teacher and others in the church. Everyone knew my background and my difficulty but then no one was ready to help a fatherless girl. The few ones that offered to help (my sunday school teacher, one of my senior pastors) offered to help if i allowed them sleep with me. One of them who invited me to an hotel (the senior pastor) left me walking an unbelievable distance home because i refused to sleep with him, he refused when i asked 4 transport money, he showed me huge amount of money and then said if i agree all the money is mine but because of my religious upbringing i refused and had to walk home.
When all effort to get help from spiritual and blood family proved abortive and i had d determination to further my education i sought help from someone else (outside the church) he felt for me and agreed to help without a condition and then along d line he came up with same. At this point i knew there was no more begging around and somehow though against my wish i agreed and commited furnication with him througout my uni years.

Se u have heard enough? Judge me if u wish but i really care less if the people preaching to me on sundays asked to sleep wt me before they could give me whatever miserable assistance to go through school.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by KunleOshob(m): 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
wakagirl:

Se u have heard enough? Judge me if u wish but i really care less if the people preaching to me on sundays asked to sleep wt me before they could give me whatever miserable assistance to go through school.

I would be the last person to judge you my dear, after all most of us including the holier than thous have had pre-marital sex at one point in time or the other. On another note why are so- called men of God or pastors so evil?? Your story actually upset me, pastors that you trust and look up to for direction are actually the ones trying to take advantage of you, it is such a pity. What ever happened to true christian love.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by naomijt(f): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2008
wakagirl:

HUMMMMM thank God you are not God whatever happens to forgiveness.
If you want to gbeborun about me i'll let u into it briefly. I finished secondary school through hardship of the highest order so going further was practically impossible because there wasnt even money to buy jamb form. Being a church girl from youth i sought help from a number of my spiritual fathers inc my pastor (of a pentecostal church), my sunday school teacher and others in the church. Everyone knew my background and my difficulty but then no one was ready to help a fatherless girl. The few ones that offered to help (my sunday school teacher, one of my senior pastors) offered to help if i allowed them sleep with me. One of them who invited me to an hotel (the senior pastor) left me walking an unbelievable distance home because i refused to sleep with him, he refused when i asked 4 transport money, he showed me huge amount of money and then said if i agree all the money is mine but because of my religious upbringing i refused and had to walk home.
When all effort to get help from spiritual and blood family proved abortive and i had d determination to further my education i sought help from someone else (outside the church) he felt for me and agreed to help without a condition and then along d line he came up with same. At this point i knew there was no more begging around and somehow though against my wish i agreed and commited furnication with him througout my uni years.

This is sad.
shakes head. sighs!

Hey, I'm sure Kunle was just trying to make a joke out of this not an attempt to judge u.
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by ula(f): 2:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
God gave him a second chance 2 turn away from his bad ways. he should be lucky 2 b alive, he should rededicate his life 2 Christ.

he may not be lucky next time!!!
Re: Supposing Adultery Saves A Pastors's Life by oaroloye(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2017
SHALOM!

iceland:
      It happened In about 8 years ago,year 2000 to be precised.There was this plane crash.... a pastor a branch of a big church in lagos.He did not go with the plane because he decided to go to abuja by road to commit adultery(ARISTO LEVELS) and then take the next available flight to lagos.He proposed this to his colleague(he too was a pastor) but that one declined(despite they were birds of the same feather) went with the plane and he died in the crash too.What shall we then say?If his friend had gone with him,
Adultery sometimes is good?

ADULTERY did not save the Pastor; not being on the plane saved the Pastor.

If he had been a Holy man, his being on the plane would have saved it.

Perhaps it crashed, because he had originally intended to board that plane, and attracted HIS Judgment to it!

The same can be said of other Sins.

That does not justify them.

(1) (Reply)

April 1, Is The Atheists' Holyday, Who is A Fool? / Bishops 'severely Outraged' By Neymar Representation Of Jesus Christ / Creative Miracles (I)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.