Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? (8464 Views)

Obama To Reveal Isis Strategy – But Pledges 'no Iraq War' - The guardian / Obama To Host Romney Over Private Lunch / Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by bebure(m): 10:33pm On Sep 02, 2008
From what I've heard about the guy over the last few months and especially during the Democratic National Convention last week, the guy wants America to be independent of oil as a source of energy in ten years (I don't know if that's possible to be honest- but let's assume it is anyway). For this to happen, I believe America will have to be able to design cars that run on solar energy and electrical cars (there are some out already but they are highly inefficient, can usually only go a couple hundred miles and need six hours or more to be charged not to mention the cost of buying one- but lets assume it gets more efficient wit time anyway) but not bio-fuels though (at least not solely). If America is able to develop this technology in that ten-year period, I am pretty certain the Japanese Auto industry and others in Europe and around the world will develop that same sort of technology and Nigerians will inevitably import these cars (I really wish I could say develop similar technology but that is sadly not going to be the case in the near future).

Anyway, my point is that the demand for our bonny crude and crude oil around the world generally will face a sharp decline. As you may or may not know, oil makes up over 90% of Nigeria's Foreign Exchange with the rest of the world. We have failed time and time again to have a sufficiently diversified economy and if Mr. Obama can put his money where his mouth is Nigeria may be in even bigger shit than it already is- or maybe just the few Nigerians that benefit from oil (those who work for oil companies, sell the stuff, contractors, services companies, government officials etc) as it doesn't do much for majority of Nigerians. Then again maybe it will finally lead to a more diversified economy than we already have- one can dream. What do you think?
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by SeanT21(f): 10:45pm On Sep 02, 2008
There are many topics on this.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by vigasimple(m): 11:13pm On Sep 02, 2008
OBAMA is talking about independence from MIDDLE EAST oil and not Nigerian oil. Because the middle Eastern people do not like America ( islam - v- Christianity) and maybe rightly that the middle East view America as the world police and oppressor of the Arabs.

Secondly, if OBama decide not to make America to import Nigerian oil, we would be able to sell more to China, so don't worry about that.

Thirdly, if Oil is no longer selling, maybe our politicans and 'leaders' will start to think of alternatives and run the country properly on a diversified economy rather than oil based.

To your question directly why Nigerians want OBAMA to win- He is an example of Blackman(of mixed race parentage) that has done well for himself without well connected family and fortunes and has lead a role model life and living the American dream of anything is possible when you put your mind to it.

Despite all the RNC negative attacks, all his enemies quietly admit that the guy is good and gifted and a rare talent. If he was fully white, this election will be almost all over by now. They call him Black JFK and I personally think he is even better than JFK because he has learnt from everybody before him including Bill Clinton who share similar life story to him.

That is the main reason that Nigerians, Africans and all the countries of the world want him to win. He will respect international community not bullying them and work with them- no more dishonest IRAQi type of war.

He is like a rock star. He is the only politicians that can attract 200,000 people (mostly white) in Germany of all places. Only the POPE does better.

So, you get it now.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by ztyle(m): 12:43am On Sep 03, 2008
because Obama na Nigeria Man! tongue
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by madamkoko: 2:30am On Sep 03, 2008
I don't care whether he wins or not.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by tpia: 4:32am On Sep 03, 2008
because they think he's their "brother".

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 5:34am On Sep 03, 2008
dumb answer.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by tpia: 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2008
nuzo:

dumb answer.

so you think Obama is your "brother". grin grin

ya surname dey im birth certificate?

grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Ndipe(m): 10:16pm On Sep 03, 2008
Most Nigerians?

Do you think that the downtrodden masses even know who Obama is? Or wait a minute, go and broach the same question to a trader at Uyo Market and see her reaction.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by dudu19(m): 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2008
@post

Cos we are all f*ckin black monkeys just like him cool cool
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by omosor: 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2008
if black man rules america e mean say na black man dey rule the world. but my fear be say e get this John kennedy issue cry
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 03, 2008
Nigerians are racist. Period. They know that he's black American, but that's about all they know.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by dempeople(m): 10:52pm On Sep 03, 2008
Nigerians are racist. Period. They know that he's black American, but that's about all they know.

How can you say Nigerians are racist? If for anything, its the only country in the world were foreigners are foolishly given more benefits and priorities than Nigerians themselves, that attitude gets on my skin but, quote me wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by dudu19(m): 10:59pm On Sep 03, 2008
@mactao and what do you know about obama, and stop using bush word on this
forum the guy is an african american,
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2008
dem_people:

How can you say Nigerians are racist? If for anything, its the only country in the world were foreigners are foolishly given more benefits and priorities than Nigerians themselves, that attitude gets on my skin but, quote me wrong.

Low self esteem is what you observe. Nigerians are mostly a racist group of people.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by dansmith1(m): 11:28pm On Sep 03, 2008
Well I a'int too big on politics and stuff, but I think Nigerians want Obama to win, probably because he is talking confidently positive, and a lot of Nigerians believe in, and react to positivity.
On the other hand, some nigerians, i feel, are like zombies n jus follow the latest 'trend' of the world, and since everyone is shouting Obama, they jump on the bandwagon too, wit little or no knowledge of the dude, and this phenomenom can apply to a lot of things also,
And not to mention the fact that he bears the same skin color as our behinds, smiley
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by dudu19(m): 11:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
@kobojukie why dont u speak for your self and save urself the horrors of doing it
for others, i dont know if u re a nigerian but i always reserve my comments for
shallow thinkers like you.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 11:43pm On Sep 03, 2008
dudu19:

@kobojukie why don't u speak for your self and save yourself the horrors of doing it
for others, i don't know if u re a nigerian but i always reserve my comments for
shallow thinkers like you.

uumm,  horrors? HUH?? whose mind are you trying to read here. yours?

You don't need to try to fake psychic abilities to get my attention though! You can simply skip my post and that will do just fine.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 03, 2008
actually, it is true dat most Nigerians are somewhat racists! This is eventhough our country kinda sucks. what if Nigeria was a really nice place where everything worked?? I really think Most Nigerians want Obama to Win simply cause he is black, I am not saying Obama is not smart or anything, but thats only special in America to have a successful black man, to us its No big deal!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by NegroNtns(m): 11:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
Oh, because Nigerians dont ask questions.  We accept everyone, everything and anything on its face value.  I will be back later, I need to clear my head first. This is interesting.

What makes you think Nigerians want Obama to win, how do you come to that conclusion? Is it anything you see or hear, or are you just assuming? Think about that before I come back mah brother.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by TPS360: 12:45am On Sep 04, 2008
Everyone has photographic memory; some just don't have the film.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by toskom(m): 1:00am On Sep 04, 2008
The reason is that most of us are bias toward Obama because the guy is a black American. But either Obama or Maccain, it is okay. i have heard both of them and i can tell you that both can do the job.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by SeanT21(f): 1:10am On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Low self esteem is what you observe. Nigerians are mostly a racist group of people.

I have to agree with Kobo on this one. I just read a topic tittle " What will you do if you give birth to an oyinbo spelled wrong" and I read on The TV/MOVIES section that a guy hates it when White People act in Nigerian Films. I can not believe it. Its the same Nigerians that get all mad when the British immigration stripped them for search before entering the country but comes on here and make racist remarks. I am only saying some Nigerians,NOT ALL!!!

I am sorry to break it to ya but the year is 2008. Snap out of it!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by BOMANY: 1:27am On Sep 04, 2008
@ Vigasimple
Because the middle Eastern people do not like America ( islam - v- Christianity) and maybe rightly that the middle East view America as the world police and oppressor of the Arabs.

For correction, it is OCCUPATION& COLONIALISM against INDEPENDENCE & FREEDOM. it is the case in Israel, Iraq and everywhere else and if they don't occupy directly they dominate the country sucking its resources. unlike what appears the rulers there are compatible with that. There are Christians in ME, it is not pure muslims.
The rest of what you said I totally agree
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by BOMANY: 2:15am On Sep 04, 2008
Obama is the filmed mix that America needs it. He is young, high educated, not pure white nor black, carry the WASP culture (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) but he didn’t get it from the top, he got it from down. Unlike most Americans, he experienced many cultures that may give him wider viewpoint. He may patronize the new American dream in 21century.
All my fears that to find him later one of the silly American Movies, you can watch it but not to live it
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 2:17am On Sep 04, 2008
dan smith:

Well I a'int too big on politics and stuff, but I think Nigerians want Obama to win, probably because he is talking confidently positive, and a lot of Nigerians believe in, and react to positivity.
On the other hand, some nigerians, i feel, are like zombies n jus follow the latest 'trend' of the world, and since everyone is shouting Obama, they jump on the bandwagon too, wit little or no knowledge of the dude, and this phenomenom can apply to a lot of things also,
And not to mention the fact that he bears the same skin color as our behinds, smiley

YEAAAAHHH!!!! Like they do every election year and end up allowing the same old goons walk all over them, huh??
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by obongyi: 2:46am On Sep 04, 2008
Because he's african
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 2:47am On Sep 04, 2008
obongyi:

Because he's african

That explains much. Instead of focusing on the issues, we continue to vote the same "THIEVES" in to office, every election, because they are Africans. WOOHOO!!! ROFLMAO!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:17am On Sep 04, 2008
Kobojunkie:

That explains much. Instead of focusing on the issues, we continue to vote the same "THIEVES" in to office, every election, before they are Africans. WOOHOO!!! ROFLMAO!!
Obama is a thief? I dont get your statement. I would like to believe that any right minded Nigerian would support Obama because he is the right candidate for the job. I personally do not like conservative policies that create greater gaps between the rich and the poor, not good.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by tbanj07(m): 5:17am On Sep 04, 2008
I personally want Obama to be the United States President because he's an African-American and he's about to make history as the first African-American President, So keep your fingers crossed and lets see the good work he's got, Not unlike McCain who is threading on Bush's path. Even Hillary Clinton endorses him and told her supporters to vote him the president, so this no bi racist matter oooo abeg. Let me see your hands in the air if u're for OBAMA!!!
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Kobojunkie: 5:28am On Sep 04, 2008
tbanj07:

I personally want Obama to be the United States President because he's an African-American and he's about to make history as the first African-American President, So keep your fingers crossed and lets see the good work he's got, Not unlike McCain who is threading on Bush's path. Even Hillary Clinton endorses him and told her supporters to vote him the president, so this no bi racist matter oooo abeg. Let me see your hands in the air if u're for OBAMA!!!

What does Obama stand for? I mean what does he say he will do as president of the united states that you believe America "needs"?  Can you explain just one particular plan he has that you believe is great for the american people?

The reason why I did not ignore this thread is because I for one would like to know what the boys in Ajegunle, and all over Nigeria, really know of this man apart from the fact that he is black, has some african blood and will make history as first black president. Let us talk issues here. What do you know?

PS: No rants about how you are anti-war, mcCain is more Bush and so we should vote against mcCain by voting Obama.
Re: Why Do Most Nigerians Want Obama To Win? by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 04, 2008
how about this! Obama is intelligent, he seems to have a good economic plan, he ran a very smart campaign, he seems to care for the masses, he lived the american dream (coming from a single parent home)! this is just a few! And of course , i am proud to say he is black, cause all the qualitities i have mentioned above gives me the confidence to say He is Black and i support him partly cause of dat (Why NOT!), he is smarter than bush and 5 of Johnny boy put together! No leader has the ultimate solution, but i believe Obama is on the right track!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See The Last Picture Of Adolf Hitler Before His Death. / Robert Mugabe Is Dead? / Video Of Russian Pilot Shot Down By Turkey Getting Lynched By Peaceful Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.