Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time (1138 Views)

Powerful Second Earthquake Hits Nepal / Over 400 People Dead, 1000 Injured As Massive Earthquake Hits Nepal / Brazil Census Shows African-brazilians In The Majority For The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by blackspade(m): 11:15pm On Sep 02, 2008
PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Aug. 30 through Sept. 1, finds Barack Obama leading the race for president with his highest share of support to date. Fully half of national registered voters now favor Obama for president, while 42% back John McCain.

[center][/center]

Prior to now, no more than 49% of registered voters supported Obama for president in Gallup Poll Daily tracking. Still, Obama's eight percentage point lead over McCain in the new poll falls one point shy of the lead he attained in late July after returning from a well-publicized trip to Europe and parts of the Middle East. At that time, Obama led by nine points, 49% to 40%.

McCain's 42% support is well below his 48% top support level, recorded in late April/early May. It is just slightly better than the 40% he received at several points in July, and the 41% favoring him just last week while the Democratic National Convention was underway. (To view the complete trend since March 7, 2008, click here.)

At 8%, the percentage of undecided voters is slightly lower than the 9% to 11% figures seen for most of August, and this is the lowest this figure has been since early June. This, in part, reflects movement of voters toward Obama over the course of the Democratic National Convention, a lead which has been sustained in subsequent days.

The field period for today's results includes Monday (Labor Day), when the scaled down Republican National Convention received limited media attention while most news coverage either focused on the hurricane hitting parts of the Gulf Coast or Monday's surprise announcement that the 17-year-old daughter of the soon to be Republican vice presidential candidate, Sarah Palin, is pregnant. The Republicans hope to start up a more traditional convention schedule today in St. Paul, with the goal of capturing the same kind of media and public attention the Democrats did last week in Denver. -- Lydia Saad

[center][/center]
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by blackspade(m): 4:31am On Sep 03, 2008
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Queenisha: 4:36am On Sep 03, 2008
we never start.
wait till that new story about Sarah palins lover surfaces well well
This thing just began o
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by SeanT21(f): 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2008
I pray it keeps going up!!!
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by PapaBrowne(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2008
Keep rising to the top!!!
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by RibaduFan(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2008
Hope the result of the election in November will follow the same trend with the result of the opinion polls.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by dayokanu(m): 6:47pm On Sep 03, 2008
@Yemmyse,
I can see you are very busy. Pissant
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by DeepZone: 6:48pm On Sep 03, 2008
John kerry was leading Bush in the opinion polls but who finally won?
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by 4Play(m): 2:27am On Sep 06, 2008
This thread should be buzzing with excitement,instead,it has withered away.

Queenisha:

we never start.
wait till that new story about Sarah palins lover surfaces well well
This thing just began o

Obama don reach 60% ?
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 6:02am On Sep 06, 2008
Number of respondents in poll interview = 2,772.

McCain's liabilities - Continuation of Bush's war and recklessness

Obama's liabilities - None

undecided , and this is the best he can do, 8%? , and McCain has not even said anything yet about Rev Wright, about William Ayers, about Roscoe, about dodging controversial legislations, and you are elated about an 8% lead?
This let me know Obama is slacking; with a liability as heavy as Bush's legacy, Obama, if he was doing the right thing should be in 25% or more lead at 60days to election. It's either Obama is not doing what he needs to do or McCain is a maverick. cheesy Which is it
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 6:05am On Sep 06, 2008
Good question @Natns. I wonder if it would have been way different had clinton clinched the nomination instead. McCain stinks when it comes to campaigning.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 7:37am On Sep 06, 2008
McCain stinks when it comes to campaigning.

With the burden of Bush strapped on his back, we expect that. What we don't expect is a candidate that doesn't have any weight strapped to his back but yet in a survey of 2,772 people he led the other guy by only 221 favorable responses. That's a dismal performance! Yeah McCain stinks, Obama is worse!

I don't blame Obama. He is a rookie and this is what rookies do untill they get their footing right. I blame Howard Dean. That stupid, weak willed sob must be fired. Fire the punk and put Hillary as head of DNC so somebody can take this fight to RNC. Before September is over you all will be begging Hillary to be your Presidential nominee. Democrats are doomed, thanks to Howard Dean.

Democrats get your scorecards out, let's compare numbers. Bring it on!
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Sep 06, 2008
When you compare Obama's campaign strategy so far to McCains' it is quite clear that McCain does not even come close to getting his image out there and in front of the voters as much as Obama has. Now, as for why this does not seem to have worked well in Obama's favour, your guess is as good as mine. I do suspect that if it had been hillary running, the gap would probably be much wider than it is now. One would expect that after his trip to europe and then his many "great" speeches, he would have a clear lead over his opponent.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 8:03am On Sep 06, 2008
Exactly my point! Thank you!! grin
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 8:15am On Sep 06, 2008
There are only about 60 days left to the election. I so look forward to turning on my TV or radio and not hearing election this and election that. I only wish people would really think before they cast their votes and they would use the power they have as Americans to vote their stand on issues, not allow themselves get carried away by all the flashy lights, great speeches and what not. I personally would like to see an end to all the reckless spending in congress, especially by members.
On the other hand, I would like to see more and more Americans taking responsibility for their own lives and their own welfare. Speaking of welfare, I have always hoped that government will work on cleaning up that program. Lol, anywho, time to hit the hay here.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 8:35am On Sep 06, 2008
It is welfare and it is the wrong social mindset when Black radio stations do nothing all day long beside entertainment and gift prizes. Handing out monetary prizes for matching an artist to the track you just heard or ; when you give the correct answer to the question *who was the famous singer of the group known as supremes that went on to become a solo performer? Hint - her initials are DR. * you win $500 cash.

When you tune in on White radio stations you hear programs that challenge their children to think critically. Puzzles, spellings, geography and so on. They don't give cash awards. You know why? Because its taxable and they don't want tax liability on their children for exercising and demonstrating knowledge!!! They give them t-shirts, mugs, hats, tokens and souvenirs. It's not that I hate Dems, its just that Dems don't ask questions and don't demand accountability.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by SeanT21(f): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

It is welfare and it is the wrong social mindset when Black radio stations do nothing all day long beside entertainment and gift prizes. Handing out monetary prizes for matching an artist to the track you just heard or ; when you give the correct answer to the question *who was the famous singer of the group known as supremes that went on to become a solo performer? Hint - her initials are DR. * you win $500 cash.

When you tune in on White radio stations you hear programs that challenge their children to think critically. Puzzles, spellings, geography and so on. They don't give cash awards. You know why? Because its taxable and they don't want tax liability on their children for exercising and demonstrating knowledge!!! They give them t-shirts, mugs, hats, tokens and souvenirs. It's not that I hate Dems, its just that Dems don't ask questions and don't demand accountability.

I was surprise that BET only showcase the DNC. They keep on stressing the idea that everyone should vote for OBABA. Why cant they tell everyone to look at what the candidate stands for and make a choice.

What do U mean by the statement in BOLD?
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Sep 06, 2008
I definitely avoid most all black media stations as they seem to have gotten worse with their matra "THE GOVERNMENT IS RACISTS AND ALWAYS AGAINST US" since the election season started. Only now, they seem to have an found a messiah in Obama and push his name and not his agenda. I seriously believe what many in the black community need is a kick in the butt and not more millions pumped to provide them most all what other groups work hard to earn, for free.

Taxes is another issue. I believe instead of focusing on slamming those who do not agree with us, we have to look at the details and fine prints here. Many companies already feel taxed out of the competition and so they look outside of America for employees. Tax should be a major issue on the minds of people. Small businesses run most of this country today. Increasing business taxes means increasing taxes on small business and these companies hire a major number of americans. A lot of small businesses, already have little or no choice but to look outside of the country to hire affordable help, imagine what a tax hike will do to them in this economy.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by SeanT21(f): 8:24pm On Sep 06, 2008
I did not watch it on BET. I watched it on CNN and after it was over I was switching through channels and I saw them showcasing it. It was so crazy because the DNC broadcast was not in HD. It looked like someone was using their Camcorder to broadcast it.

I agree with you on BET, I read what someone said about BET on line and it was so darn true.

"Dude, after watching BET, I realized that I never have to get a real job because America is racist. It's much easier to just collect unemployment and stare at my "Free Mumia" poster because something bad happened to my ancestors somewhere, sometime."
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by darfur(m): 9:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Number of respondents in poll interview = 2,772.

McCain's liabilities - Continuation of Bush's war and recklessness

Obama's liabilities - None

Obama's liability? Skin Color. and yet he leads McCain in a country that is overwhelmingly white tongue , a country where the non-white minorities exhibit some dislike for blacks. yet my man is leading. The republicans must be very very horrible this yr that even a nigger in a white country is leading their candidate. cool

Kobojunkie:

When you compare Obama's campaign strategy so far to McCains' it is quite clear that McCain does not even come close to getting his image out there and in front of the voters as much as Obama has. Now, as for why this does not seem to have worked well in Obama's favour, your guess is as good as mine. I do suspect that if it had been hillary shocked running, the gap would probably be much wider than it is now. One would expect that after his trip to europe and then his many "great" speeches, he would have a clear lead over his opponent.

ooops, sorry junkie man, the witch has been shut out of the white house forever grin
thanx to obama tongue
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by SeanT21(f): 10:07pm On Sep 06, 2008
darfur:

Obama's liability? Skin Color. and yet he leads McCain in a country that is overwhelmingly white tongue , a country where the non-white minorities exhibit some dislike for blacks. yet my man is leading. The republicans must be very very horrible this yr that even a nigger in a white country is leading their candidate. cool

ooops, sorry junkie man, the witch has been shut out of the white house forever grin
thanx to obama tongue

The funny thing is He is a New Niger. McCain been on the scene more than Obama. He even ran against President Bush in the 2000 primaries. Obama just appear on the scene but he seems to always be leading in the polls.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by darfur(m): 10:10pm On Sep 06, 2008
obama is the right guy for america now( and by extension the world) but his skin color is not white.

this guy is half white o, imagine what would happen if he were pure darki like me
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by SeanT21(f): 10:21pm On Sep 06, 2008
darfur:

obama is the right guy for america now( and by extension the world) but his skin color is not white.

this guy is half white o, imagine what would happen if he were pure darki like me

Haha. True but Most of the people I talk too Really do not care about his color.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by darfur(m): 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2008
did you expect to hear that openly from people.

i live in the UK, here, if you are looking for a racist you wont see any, yet there is racism everywhere. grin

u only see smiling faces everyday, where then is the racism coming from? so dont expect the people u talk to to openly tell u their concern is about his skin color.

when u hear people say they dont know him enough, and then they know his former pastor, and 200,00 germans came out to listen to him.

they say he is a mu-slim, and they attack his pastor grin then u know what i mean huh? wink

call the dog a bad name . . . then hang it cool

people like hannity and kobojunkie bill o'rielly
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 11:36pm On Sep 06, 2008

i live in the UK, here, if you are looking for a racist you wont see any, yet there is racism everywhere.

u only see smiling faces everyday, where then is the racism coming from? so don't expect the people u talk to to openly tell u their concern is about his skin color.

Darfur, look how you described it in precise narrative. Doesn't this conflict with your earlier take that Obama is leading McCain and that his base is swollen by whites? Is it not possible then that those same whites you claim are giving him a lead over McCain are nothing but a racist base and that their position in his number is meant to conceal true political leaning until 11/4 when the vote counts are revealed?

Thats what they want Obama and his supporters to do, relax, afterall Mr Obama, you are leading the polls, the win is yours! Then 11/4 come and RNC is jubilating their victory.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On Sep 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Darfur, look how you described it in precise narrative. Doesn't this conflict with your earlier take that Obama is leading McCain and that his base is swollen by whites? Is it not possible then that those same whites you claim are giving him a lead over McCain are nothing but a racist base and that their position in his number is meant to conceal true political leaning until 11/4 when the vote counts are revealed?

Thats what they want Obama and his supporters to do, relax, afterall Mr Obama, you are leading the polls, the win is yours! Then 11/4 come and RNC is jubilating their victory.

Funny statement in bold there.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by NegroNtns(m): 11:58pm On Sep 06, 2008
Kobo, there was a link you posted in one of these political threads and I lost track. Please email it to me if you can or repost it. Thanks.
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Sep 07, 2008
What link are you referring to?
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by hbrednic: 12:49am On Sep 07, 2008
darfur:

i live in the UK, here, if you are looking for a racist you wont see any, yet there is racism everywhere. grin

u only see smiling faces everyday, where then is the racism coming from?   so don't expect the people u talk to to openly tell u their concern is about his skin color.

when u hear people say they don't know him enough, and then they know his former pastor, and 200,00 germans came out to listen to him.

they say he is a mu-slim, and they attack his pastor grin  then u know what i mean huh? wink

people like[b] hannity [/b] and kobojunkie bill o'rielly

this guy is a bit witch,given a chance,he wont hestitate in shooting obama to death.
watching him talk makes me sick,racist to the core.wanna see his face if obama ever win the elec.
bill is not that bad.( foxnews my axx )
Re: Gallup Daily: Obama Hits 50% For First Time by darfur(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2008
darfur:

u only see smiling faces everyday, where then is the racism coming from? so don't expect the people u talk to to openly tell u their concern is about his skin color.

when u hear people say they don't know him enough, and then they know his former pastor, and 200,00 germans came out to listen to him.

they say he is a mu-slim, and they attack his pastor grin then u know what i mean huh? wink

people like hannity and kobojunkie bill o'rielly

Negro_Ntns:

the fact that u responded only to the highlighted aspect of my post tells me u pretty much agree with the rest of the post cheesy

ok, it happened in new hampshire when he was leadin in the polls 10% on the eve of the primaries but then lost the election there grin so, leave matter. polls no too mean much. we know. however we like to pay attention to it.

now not all white people are racist. ok, but make no mistake, this election is about race.period. there is no way a black man can enter the whitehouse when a white american hero is an option . . . undecided understand. i dont think think ekwueme can win an election in oshodi against tayo-d , experience and qualification notwithstanding. i'm not fooled. all that excitement in the primaries was b/c they were electing a nominee. by november they'll be thinking of a president of the US and it wont be black, unfortunately. america is a white country, make no mistake america is white

so while u may say McCain ha bush as a liability, Obama has his skin color as a burden. serious one. however miracles can happen.

my excitement over this election was more about hillary clinton's political demise than election of a kenyan as america's president. cool

(1) (Reply)

Good News Mexicans, Lou Dobbs Leaves Cnn / Costner Cleanup Device Gets High Marks From Bp - Hope For The Nigeri Delta? / Clinton's Still Got It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.