Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:44 PM

Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa (7436 Views)

Poll: DON JAZZY VS ID CABASA

DON JAZZY: 47% (37 votes)
ID CABASA: 52% (41 votes)
This poll has ended

Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / Id Cabasa Is Not Afterall Original / Dbanj/don Jazzy Vs Durella/id Cabasa Who Would Win The Music Beef? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by coolboyapg: 7:03am On Sep 04, 2008
THEY are great producers but i would love to know who you all think is the better producer,for me i know its don jazzy,here are a list of their works
  DON JAZZY
             tongolo
             why me
             pere
             ijo ya
             wind am well
             tongolo remix
             ashewo
             move your body
             jebele
             mo gbono feli feli

ID CABASA
             esa lo ba de
             shayo
             gongo aso
             kpokpodipo
             little money
             ruggedy baba
             street credibility
             photocopy
             kind of life
             capable remix

Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by oreoluwa(f): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2008
DON BABA J! i also tink its don jazzy.

Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by Bamsyle(m): 9:30am On Sep 04, 2008
@poster
You're blessed for bringing up this topic. I started comparing both of 'em exactly two days ago and was contemplating posting a topic like this. Before D'banj's latest album (The Entertainer), I would have rated ID Cabasa higher. But when I listened to that album, my thinking changed. If Don Jazzy produced the following tracks in that album, he's a demi-god in the class of great Nigerian producers:

Suddenly
Igwe

Mo Gbona Feli Feli

My days, the first two tracks listed above particularly convince me of Don Jazzy's deft production skills.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by ogooluwa2(m): 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2008
oreolwa how is life i want a good message from u ok
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by DOGGMAN: 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
i.d cabasa better pass don jazzy, no douth
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 04, 2008
I will go with Don Babba J just because of his flexibility to make beats to fit any style of music. Dbanj's album - The Entertainer is a perfect example. I don't knw if its only me but ID Cabasa sounds too repetitive if you listen to 9ice's album - Gongo Aso. However both producers bring a unique sound to the table so i give them credit for being good at what they do. What's up with Don Jazzy freestyling in all the songs he produces? He should chill with that voice.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by MrCrackles(m): 5:03pm On Sep 04, 2008
ID Cabasa anyday for me!
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by 9ja4eva: 5:45pm On Sep 04, 2008
ID CABASA anyday
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by FullyFine: 7:09pm On Sep 04, 2008
small contest, ID CABASA wins
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by BigBoss3: 7:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
Hmmm , very interesting. Don Jazzy nah my guy but Cabasa dey surprise me, so I'll have to go with Cabasa , for now wink
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by cruworld(m): 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2008
File poster wetin you dey yawn i be Don jazzy man i no go lie, let us wind am well bro, Don Great Jazzy any fucking day coz i trip with is lifestyle and his contribution to Mo'Hit
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by coolboyapg: 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
DON JAZZY IS THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST,LISTEN TO THE ENTERTAINER AND FEED UR EARS ON GOOD PRODUCTION,DON BABA JAY a.k.a MICHAEL E,DON JAZZY IS TOO MUCH,but anyaw cabasa dey try,BUT MICHAEL ENEBELE AJARE COLLINS a.k.a DON JAZZY IS THE BEST
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by misshot: 10:14pm On Sep 04, 2008
to be sincere i think its don jazzy,cabasa is good though but don jazzy is better,his works have won several awards,and i think he has over 10 accolades for being the best producer,so i wud give it to him and i think he understands the nigerian audience,anyaw they are both good but DON JAZZY work stands out
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by doyin13(m): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2008
Cabasa sounds a bit too Western for me.

Jazzy has more range. . .his beats sound more african

I mean check IJOYA. nuff said
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by triistar86: 10:51pm On Sep 04, 2008
They are both very good and highly creative but after having carried out a critical analysis I would give it to ID Cabasa. He has got an edge ( a little edge)over Don Jazzy. Their comparison should not be based the number of awards or accolades either of them has won. its much more than that. Sincerely speaking getting to a conclusion and choosing one over the other was kind of tough but not withstanding I think ID cabassa has got a little edge over Don.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by tesyes: 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2008
My cane will whip anybody that says id cabasa is better than don jazzy, all of una wen talk say cabasa better pass don jazzy, it mean say una no get money 2 buy entertainer, may be if you hear if u dey crase you go change your mind. Don jazzy rules!!!!. wait o have you guys heard 2 face new song ?
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by Okijajuju1(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2008
AH!! How can??

I will kidnap anybody who says don Jazzy.

I.D Cabasa- Lord of Ajasa it is anyday.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by triistar86: 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2008
tesyes:

My cane will whip anybody that says id cabasa is better than don jazzy, all of una when talk say cabasa better pass don jazzy, it mean say una no get money 2 buy entertainer, may be if you hear if u dey crase you go change your mind. Don jazzy rules!!!!. wait o have you guys heard 2 face new song ?
Abeg which new song be that again o,
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by oreoluwa(f): 12:27am On Sep 05, 2008
don jazzyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! id cabasa is gud though, inshort dey r all gud in dier own way but still
DON BABA J! grin
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by owolomo(m): 4:51am On Sep 05, 2008
DON JAZZY , BUT THERE IS A CRAZIER PRODUCER IN YANKEE, HITTING NAIJA SOON , THAT WILL FEAR ALL OF THEMMMMM WHO WNTS TO BET,
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by misshot: 7:13am On Sep 05, 2008
don jazzy is definitly sick on production,that guy's beat are insane,infact me for one think he is the best in nigeria,thumbs to africa's finest producer don jazzy
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by Wordsmith(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2008
I'd say I.D Cabasa. IMO, he's more versatile, can cut across different genres. . . good examples are 9ice and Ajasa. Don Jazzy, IMO is the one that sounds repetive and boring, it shows in the number o' albums he oversaw the production, most of 'em sound like "today" albums, not something worth picking up in let's say 3-4 years time to listen. But one would admit he has made some of the sickest beats - while i don't like the wackasses, Ikechukwu's Wind am well and D'Banj's Mo' gbona feli feli, Tongolo original and remix are good examples.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by dready(f): 9:16am On Sep 05, 2008
@ Wordsmith, yes i agree that tongolo remix instrumental is good, i dont really have any feeling for tongolo original, coz the song a-z na bullshit
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by lailai2(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2008
don jazzy gats d edge
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by bgees(m): 1:18pm On Sep 05, 2008
these two are not close at all. don jazzy beats him hands down. listening to don jazzy, u discover the guy is a pro. his productions are very perfect. the guy can compete with the popular international producers we know.

ID. CABASA on the other hand needs more tutoring. his productions are rough, unblending& disjointed. he is good to but he just needs to work on that.sometimes u cant even flow with his songs.

so, don jazzy is better. CASE CLOSED CASKET!
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by UNLEASHED(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2008
ID CABASA is coming if you know what i mean, he is climbing fast to the peak. . . bet, y'all will see soon!!
CABASA impress!!!!!
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by tonyxxx(m): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2008
This is not what we think about,its what we all know
Don jazzy 4 life
he is very versatile,check out the entertainer,mo hits allstars & most definately wande cole's upcomming album (the current single on air is crazy)
thats not to say id isnt good,cabasa is off the hook but Don baba j's dexterity stands out like the pyramids.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by MeGaStReEt: 6:32pm On Sep 05, 2008
Don Jazzy wtout doubt presonaly owns D'banj

he is the brain behind B'banjs progress n i commend him for that

but Cabassa shud nt be compared wit jazzy

Cabassa is 1 man with many talent and he is gr8

I go 4 Cab
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by tesyes: 1:56am On Sep 06, 2008
triistar86:

Abeg which new song be that again o,

listen to the radio.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by oreoluwa(f): 2:02am On Sep 06, 2008
tesyes:

listen to the radio.

lol grin
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by triistar86: 3:15am On Sep 06, 2008
tesyes:

listen to the radio.

I aint in Naija so Cant listen to any naija radio station. The only songs I know of that is new from 2baba is enter the place and Pako. That is why I was asking if he had any other new stuffs out. Cappish.
Re: Don Jazzy Vs Id Cabasa by oreoluwa(f): 3:22am On Sep 06, 2008
triistar86:

I aint in Naija so Cant listen to any naija radio station. The only songs I know of that is new from 2baba is enter the place and Pako. That is why I was asking if he had any other new stuffs out. Cappish.
hey dont hate, mayb dats d song sha.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Latest Mixtape From Dj Flex On Notjustok ...... / Pasuma Wonder Vs Saheed Osupa - Who's Currently D King Of Fuji Music? / Ruff Coin - Sweet Music Remix Ft Rugged Man, M.I, 2shotz , Ella -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.