Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,948 members, 7,803,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (38669 Views)

My Ordeal With Thai Embassy And My Trip To Singapore / Nigerians Now Require Visa To Singapore! / Moving To Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by olivetree: 8:56am On Sep 04, 2008
Does anyone know how I can obtain a visa to Singapore please?
For a one week vacation only.

Please do not post your number for me to start calling you, just tell me the procedure, or perhaps if they have an embassy or something here in Lagos.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by olivetree: 10:20am On Sep 04, 2008
ok, thank you.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by adebisi1(m): 5:15pm On Sep 04, 2008
i think so ooo
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by adebisi1(m): 5:31pm On Sep 04, 2008
Citizens of Nigeria residing in Nigeria have to apply for a visa to Nigeria in person at the nearest consulate of Nigeria in Nigeria. Please note that the application procedures and fees may vary depending on where you apply. If there is no consulate of Nigeria in Nigeria there might be a consulate of Nigeria in one of the neighboring countries that covers the jurisdiction of Nigeria.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2008
Singapore is visa free and not much hassles at the airport with immigration

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2008
Hi visa to singapore is free but u need a hotel reservation and Ur BTA if u are a student u need 1,000usd if u are going for tourist u need 2,000usd BTA it is very important u hv ur BTA,people have being sent back because of insufficient BTA and ur ticket must be a return one u dnt necessarily need a yellow card but it is advisable to get it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 4:20am On Sep 05, 2008
Been to Singapore more than 10 times and immigration never asked me for BTA ( Well may be because i dont travel from Nigeria but depsite that it is my Nigerian passport am using and they never asked for BTA once )

If you going for a one week vacation as you said , Food , transport (Taxi, MRT) is cheap in Singapore but accomodation is a bit high depending on how luxurious u want the hotel to be . But i am very sure 1000usd should be enough and also do some few shopping .

Enjoy Sing! it is a great place

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2008
darkroll:

Been to Singapore more than 10 times and immigration never asked me for BTA ( Well may be because i don't travel from Nigeria but depsite that it is my Nigerian passport am using and they never asked for BTA once )

If you going for a one week vacation as you said , Food , transport (Taxi, MRT) is cheap in Singapore but accomodation is a bit high depending on how luxurious u want the hotel to be . But i am very sure 1000usd should be enough and also do some few shopping .

Enjoy Sing! it is a great place

Oh Good for u becos sweetie i actually live in singapore ok.and if he is going for the first time he needs BTA,like u said u being there more ten times i am sure nt for tourism maybe for some other things tht is why they dnt ask for BTA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by tosinbabee: 3:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
pls how much is the airf
experts:

u don't need visa a to go to singapore. just get your ticket and the hotel u wish to stay in singapore then straight to the airport. i mean your hotel reservation.

Thants all.

but if u need hotel reservation, u can contact me. on 08076976917 or discuswithmayor@yahoo.com
[/quote pls how much is the airfare ticket?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by tosinbabee: 3:50pm On Sep 05, 2008
experts:

u don't need visa a to go to singapore. just get your ticket and the hotel u wish to stay in singapore then straight to the airport. i mean your hotel reservation.

Thants all.

but if u need hotel reservation, u can contact me. on 08076976917 or discuswithmayor@yahoo.com
pls how much is the airfare ticket?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2008
shegirl71:

Oh Good for u because sweetie i actually live in singapore ok.and if he is going for the first time he needs BTA,like u said u being there more ten times i am sure nt for tourism maybe for some other things that is why they dnt ask for BTA.

@shegirl71

Do u know any Nigerian resturant in Singapore , I was at Mama africa at Harbour front the last time i came but they dont really have nigerian food

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 7:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
tosinbabee:

please how much is the airfare ticket?
Lol african restaurant if you want an african restaurant u hv to go Mohamed sultan road it is actually very close to harbour front
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 7:53pm On Sep 05, 2008
I dnt knw the name but i use to see a lot of informatics student go there to eat.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 5:38am On Sep 06, 2008
thanks , I will look for out it.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by olivetree: 1:39pm On Sep 06, 2008
@shegirl, do u mind to give me your contact email add?, you can email me at olivetree2575@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

dont worry am not asking for any "favour"
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by adebisi1(m): 2:24pm On Sep 06, 2008
shegirl71 @ O boy How is Electronics business in Singapore? phone, laptop ETC ,
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by promise2(f): 6:25pm On Sep 06, 2008
Hi visa to singapore is free but u need a hotel reservation and your BTA if u are a student u need 1,000usd if u are going for tourist u need 2,000usd BTA it is very important u hv your BTA,people have being sent back because of insufficient BTA and your ticket must be a return one u dnt necessarily need a yellow card but it is advisable to get it.

Hi [b]Shegirl 71,
i wanted to do my Masters in Singapore but was discouraged because i learnt that cost of fees and living is high.I decided to ask you since you are living there. How is Education over there? How much can i pay for my Masters programme? Can you get a part time work as a student? and do all schools require Gmat and English text.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 4:19am On Sep 07, 2008
Singapore cost of living is high for student , what course do you want to do for your masters i can send you list of Universities that offer the course and you can check the tution fee . International students are not allowed to work while schooling and no one will employ you without a work pass.

So think twice .

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by promise2(f): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2008
The course i intend doing is business management.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2008
the below link will help you a lot

www.singaporeedu.gov.sg

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2008
promise2:

Hi visa to singapore is free but u need a hotel reservation and your BTA if u are a student u need 1,000usd if u are going for tourist u need 2,000usd BTA it is very important u hv your BTA,people have being sent back because of insufficient BTA and your ticket must be a return one u dnt necessarily need a yellow card but it is advisable to get it.

Hi [b]Shegirl 71,
i wanted to do my Masters in Singapore but was discouraged because i learnt that cost of fees and living is high.I decided to ask you since you are living there. How is Education over there? How much can i pay for my Masters programme? Can you get a part time work as a student? and do all schools require Gmat and English text.
Thank you.

Hi yea the cost of living is very expensive,and no u cant get a partime job in singapore becos u need a work permit,the best place to do your masters is in malaysia it is cheaper there,in malaysia i can give you the names of schools tht accepts international students and how much it costs.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 5:01pm On Sep 08, 2008
olivetree:

@shegirl, do u mind to give me your contact email add?, you can email me at

Thanks.

don't worry am not asking for any "favour"

[/quot]
i will send you a mail. i dnt want to put my email add here.

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
adebisi1:

shegirl71 @ O boy How is Electronics business in Singapore? phone, laptop ETC ,

it acutally depends do u want to buy from there?if u intend to buy from there then pls dnt it is better u buy from malaysia.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by promise2(f): 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2008
Thanks Shegirl 71,

you can give the names of schools in Malaysia and their total tuition.

Thank you
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2008
promise2:

Thanks Shegirl 71,

you can give the names of schools in Malaysia and their total tuition.

Thank you

universiti malaya
universiti sains malaysia
universiti malaysia sarawak

You can google those and u get the tution fees.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by tosinbabee: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2008
shegirl71:

I dnt knw the name but i use to see a lot of informatics student go there to eat.
how much is d airfare 4rom naija to singapore?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by arramyjay: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2008
tosinbabee:

how much is d airfare 4rom naija to singapore?

It is in the range of 150-170k.return ticket.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by seun2342: 3:35am On Sep 29, 2008
@shegirl71

Pls is singapore good for internship and what are the documents i will be needing
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by shotster50(m): 4:14am On Oct 03, 2008
Singapore is visa free. Immigration tried to pull a fast one on me though, saying i had a diff picture on my passport, other than that its hassle free.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by sonety2k(m): 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2008
@shegirl71

I am planing to visit Singapore to buy some used car parts, and where could i find the used car part dealers in Singapore , can u give me your contact email, you can email me all the details to ~~~ sonety2k@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Afam4eva(m): 10:04am On Nov 14, 2008
For all your travelling needs, go to internetvisa.net
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by oraxs(m): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2008
Hi guy,
can anyone give me more on Singapore visa, i will love to work there, so pls help me out

(1) (2) (Reply)

USA Visa Applicants To Submit 5 Years Of Social Media Activities / Chuks Samson, The U.K Returnee Seen Wandering Around Lagos, Found (pics,video) / Zambian Girl Wants Me To Come Over For School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.