Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (38668 Views)

My Ordeal With Thai Embassy And My Trip To Singapore / Nigerians Now Require Visa To Singapore! / Moving To Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 2:39am On Nov 16, 2008
oraxs:

Hi guy,
can anyone give me more on Singapore visa, i will love to work there, so please help me out

if you want to work in singapore u have to get a company to hire you and then u apply for a work pass which is almost impossible for nigerians to get .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by oraxs(m): 10:24am On Nov 16, 2008
So how can i give into Singapore? what and what do i need,
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by kbayo(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2008
Hi, if you are a PhD student with scholarship, do U need a BTA and what is BTA by the way? Why is it also hard for or impossible for Nigerians to get Work permit in Singapore?
Thanks.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by oraxs(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2008
I HAVE BEEN WAIT FOR AN ANS FOR 3DAYS NOW, YOU GUYS NO WAN MAKE I MOVE FROM THIS FUCKING NIGERIA ABI, PLS HOW GET I GET TO Singapore, AND WHAT WILL IT TAKE,
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by darkroll(m): 1:45am On Nov 20, 2008
kbayo:

Hi, if you are a PhD student with scholarship, do U need a BTA and what is BTA by the way? Why is it also hard for or impossible for Nigerians to get Work permit in Singapore?
Thanks.

if u coming as a student and u are on schorlaship then you dont need BTA (Basic travel allowance). It is a very slim chance for a Nigeria to get a work pass in Singapore , it was very easy before but lots of Nigerians misused it and they cancelled a lot of Nigerians work pass permit. For my case i have worked legally in 7european countries and so many islands did training in the Uk and China and i was thinking it will be easy for me to get my work permit granted easily in Singapore but it took 4 months to get my work permit granted after so much pressure on the immigration from my host company .

But i will always tell people to try thier chances if you can get a company in singapore to hire you but if u thinking of working illegally in singapore it is impossible and more over it is a very expensive place to live .

NOTE: If you are holding a student pass you are not allowed to work either during academic period or non academic period you are only allowed to work if your course requires you to do an internship.

If you coming for holiday it is visa free and you will be granted thirty days stay in Singapore , you must be able to show proof of accomodation , return ticket and BTA .
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by ausdy(m): 5:44am On Nov 24, 2011
how could some one obtain singapore visa now as its no longer visa free
do they have embassy in nigeria?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by phatrat: 11:40am On Nov 10, 2012
PLease guys what is a BTA and how do i obtain one thanks
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by moonraker(m): 5:36am On Nov 13, 2012
phatrat: PLease guys what is a BTA and how do i obtain one thanks

BTA (basic travel allowance 1500 dollars.

You dont obtain it. you bring it along when going to

Singapore!!!
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by JohnD3000: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
About employment passes.
It's a trick that you can choose from several companies,
as usual consultation are free, so it's great for us.
Several examples:

- http://www.one-visa.com/ - One Visa
- http://www.singapore-visa.net/ - VisaExpress

Also we've heard positive about Rikvin and Hawksford. So you are free to try smiley)
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by ukanta(m): 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
pls can any one tell me the situation of things for nigerians in singapore
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by ukanta(m): 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
ukanta:
pls can any one tell me the situation of things for nigerians in singapore
is there any body in the house?, pls talk to me
Who can tell me the present situation in singapore
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by ukanta(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
any body in the house?, i want to know the new procedure to process singapore visa
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by sibb2011: 8:53pm On Aug 07, 2015
Hello people, please is there anyone in the house who can give me the latest about Singapore?

cool

- Especially about the business going on there? Do they take any exports from here ( e.g Cashew nuts, Sesame seeds, Ginger, Palm oil)
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Pamelayoung: 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2015
arramyjay:

Oh Good for u becos sweetie i actually live in singapore ok.and if he is going for the first time he needs BTA,like u said u being there more ten times i am sure nt for tourism maybe for some other things tht is why they dnt ask for BTA.

Pls wats BTA? I intended doing a diploma program thr but since I learnt I can't work while schooling, can I get a good maritime job thr?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Pamelayoung: 2:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
[quote author=adebisi1 post=2755028]Citizens of Nigeria residing in Nigeria have to apply for a visa to Nigeria in person at the nearest consulate of Nigeria in Nigeria. Please note that the application procedures and fees may vary depending on where you apply. If there is no consulate of Nigeria in Nigeria there might be a consulate of Nigeria in one of the neighboring countries that covers the jurisdiction of Nigeria.
[/quote

Please can I get a good job there.]
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Pamelayoung: 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
darkroll:

if u coming as a student and u are on schorlaship then you dont need BTA (Basic travel allowance). It is a very slim chance for a Nigeria to get a work pass in Singapore , it was very easy before but lots of Nigerians misused it and they cancelled a lot of Nigerians work pass permit. For my case i have worked legally in 7european countries and so many islands did training in the Uk and China and i was thinking it will be easy for me to get my work permit granted easily in Singapore but it took 4 months to get my work permit granted after so much pressure on the immigration from my host company .

But i will always tell people to try thier chances if you can get a company in singapore to hire you but if u thinking of working illegally in singapore it is impossible and more over it is a very expensive place to live .

NOTE: If you are holding a student pass you are not allowed to work either during academic period or non academic period you are only allowed to work if your course requires you to do an internship.

If you coming for holiday it is visa free and you will be granted thirty days stay in Singapore , you must be able to show proof of accomodation , return ticket and BTA .

Pls how easy is it to get a job in the maritime sector since Singapore is a maritime nation, dats my area of specialization.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by cozybunch: 7:35am On Aug 09, 2015
Wikipedia › wiki › Visa_requirements_f...

Pls guys follow the link above. Nigeria passport holders do need a visa to visit on any grounds to Singapore.

Remember also Singapore is a police country where government regulates every thing, it has one higest cost of leaving in the world.

Please do a proper research about the country.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by otiigba1(m): 3:01pm On Oct 18, 2015
darkroll:

if you want to work in singapore u have to get a company to hire you and then u apply for a work pass which is almost impossible for nigerians to get .
i have a british passport would i be able to work (that's if i want) without a work pass, and how difficult will a work permit be for a British passport holder to obtain?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by otiigba1(m): 3:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
kbayo:
Thanks.
because they are criminals and fraudsters, can not be trusted, i would assume.
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Mystikay(m): 9:16pm On Aug 06, 2016
Please can anyone update me on getting a teaching job in singapore?
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by ibuwealth: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
hello friends I will like to know if Singapore is good for hustling because am planning to relocate to Singapore from Dubai,if the place is good to hustle kindly tell me before I go on with my decision. ..thanks guys
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by gorry123: 1:25am On Oct 27, 2017
ibuwealth:
hello friends I will like to know if Singapore is good for hustling because am planning to relocate to Singapore from Dubai,if the place is good to hustle kindly tell me before I go on with my decision. ..thanks guys
why not kazahstan
Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by Moety: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2017
ibuwealth:

You'll be hanged if you go attempt that your "hustle" in Singapore. Beware!!

That said, Singapore is one of the most organised and wealthiest country I've ever visited. If I could afford it, I would move there permanently. But it's too expensive for life. undecided

Re: How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? by barryken: 12:48pm On Jul 09, 2019
Please can you assist me with a Singapore visa. I want to migrate to Singapore. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

USA Visa Applicants To Submit 5 Years Of Social Media Activities / Chuks Samson, The U.K Returnee Seen Wandering Around Lagos, Found (pics,video) / Zambian Girl Wants Me To Come Over For School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.